Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 216482 times)

Dmng

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #4560 on: January 19, 2024, 02:11:33 AM »
Perfect thanks ! As I’ve only experienced one setup I’m always double thinking if my gear is adapted to my level and discovering or if anything would help but I’m happy to save money :)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #4561 on: January 19, 2024, 02:13:06 AM »
Perfect thanks ! As I’ve only experienced one setup I’m always double thinking if my gear is adapted to my level and discovering or if anything would help but I’m happy to save money :)
While we are at it what is your set up?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4562 on: January 19, 2024, 02:52:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
While we are at it what is your set up?
Oh yeah, let's have some fun
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Dmng

« Reply #4563 on: January 19, 2024, 03:24:03 AM »
Girl 8.5 Malto twin / 54mm 99 haze/ reds / ace af1 55 with hard bushings as I was struggling with the original bushings. I’m loosening progressively the kingpin

Quite happy with the twin and not having to thing about which side is nose

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4564 on: January 19, 2024, 06:47:17 AM »
Girl 8.5 Malto twin / 54mm 99 haze/ reds / ace af1 55 with hard bushings as I was struggling with the original bushings. I’m loosening progressively the kingpin

Quite happy with the twin and not having to thing about which side is nose
Solid af.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Dmng

« Reply #4565 on: January 19, 2024, 11:44:53 AM »
Unlike me haha

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #4566 on: February 02, 2024, 10:29:01 AM »
I've got a 10" grimple egg that I'm setting up. Want to put it together here soon, but I'm divided on which wheels to run.

Putting AF1 66s on (hopefully not gonna be too small). I like all the following wheels equally but for different reasons.

56mm F4 Radial Fulls
53/54mm F4 Classics
worn-in 50some mm OJ Elites

or would be open to something else too. Not sure if I want it like an Abrams tank or a bit more nimble under the hood.

What would you guys slap on there?
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4567 on: February 03, 2024, 05:08:33 AM »
I've got a 10" grimple egg that I'm setting up. Want to put it together here soon, but I'm divided on which wheels to run.

Putting AF1 66s on (hopefully not gonna be too small). I like all the following wheels equally but for different reasons.

56mm F4 Radial Fulls
53/54mm F4 Classics

or would be open to something else too. Not sure if I want it like an Abrams tank or a bit more nimble under the hood.

I'm thinking about getting one myself. Let me know how you get on with it. I have 169's kicking about and 52mm F4 classics.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #4568 on: February 03, 2024, 05:43:51 AM »
Anyone skated the accel slim mids as of recently. I am tempted to get a couple pairs to skate since they are on sale for 35 bucks. I have an older pair from about 6 yrs ago i wore as chillers that arent too bad. I guess the newer ones have tongue centering straps and the sti energy insole. Kind of want to skate a cupsole that's not too thick thats a mid and the old pair i have just hug my foot perfectly. Hoping someone has some info on them...good or bad

klobynrenn

• Rep: 6
« Reply #4569 on: February 05, 2024, 06:09:53 AM »
Has anybody got any info on this Baker “Finlay” deck that’s on eBay? I’ve had a Google but can’t find anything about it anywhere.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204613600814?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=v4xveyerq9w&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=MuGLczA8TLe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #4570 on: February 05, 2024, 07:16:32 AM »
Has anybody got any info on this Baker “Finlay” deck that’s on eBay? I’ve had a Google but can’t find anything about it anywhere.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204613600814?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=v4xveyerq9w&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=MuGLczA8TLe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

weird, no other info pops up but the ebay listing. it's an eastenders joke/reference if that helps

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #4571 on: February 06, 2024, 01:44:27 AM »
Wrong sub maybe, but perfect thread...

Just saw Marcus Shaw is leaving és, where's he going to go? SB or NB?

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #4572 on: February 06, 2024, 09:31:48 AM »
Expand Quote

56mm F4 Radial Fulls
53/54mm F4 Classics

[close]
I'm thinking about getting one myself. Let me know how you get on with it. I have 169's kicking about and 52mm F4 classics.

Put it together over the weekend. Weather was too wet to fully test it tho.

After dicking around with it inside on both rad fulls and classics, I think I'm gonna set it  up with the radials. The classics plus slightly small trucks made it feel dinky...

Board feels really cool tho. Big belly and a nice taper to the tips. Wasn't too hard to kickflip, and pop shuvs feel really sweet. All the dims match up nicely, but the thing is definitely fucking huge.

I just wanna roll on it!! Cmon PNW weather shape-up, its February already.... >:(

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4573 on: February 06, 2024, 10:20:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

56mm F4 Radial Fulls
53/54mm F4 Classics

[close]
[close]

Put it together over the weekend. Weather was too wet to fully test it tho.

After dicking around with it inside on both rad fulls and classics, I think I'm gonna set it  up with the radials. The classics plus slightly small trucks made it feel dinky...

Board feels really cool tho. Big belly and a nice taper to the tips. Wasn't too hard to kickflip, and pop shuvs feel really sweet. All the dims match up nicely, but the thing is definitely fucking huge.

I just wanna roll on it!! Cmon PNW weather shape-up, its February already.... >:(

Cool! Will see if I score a skate shop day board from my local if not will ask him to order me one in. I've never had a twin tail.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #4574 on: February 06, 2024, 12:12:03 PM »
Are there any twin tails/symmetrical boards that are 8.5+ wide with a short (14.18 or preferably shorter) wheelbase?

Edit: I see upthread that the Girl G096 shape fits the bill, any others? I’ve been on the couch/loveseat for four years now so I like ‘em wide.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

the_dangery_bois

• Rep: 67
« Reply #4575 on: February 06, 2024, 07:46:57 PM »
Are there any twin tails/symmetrical boards that are 8.5+ wide with a short (14.18 or preferably shorter) wheelbase?

Edit: I see upthread that the Girl G096 shape fits the bill, any others? I’ve been on the couch/loveseat for four years now so I like ‘em wide.
https://www.lifeskateboard.com/welcome/shop
The Life small egg twin and mid twin are both 8.625 with a 14” wb

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4576 on: February 06, 2024, 11:56:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
https://www.lifeskateboard.com/welcome/shop
The Life small egg twin and mid twin are both 8.625 with a 14” wb
Player egg is 8.75 and 14"
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 306
« Reply #4577 on: February 07, 2024, 01:16:57 AM »
Do you guys ever wax the insides of your wheels when skating curbs/ledges? I might be tripping, but this could be a thing especially with softer wheels (Dragons, X's) and metal ledges. And yeah, one should of course prioritize waxing the curb itself, but still. I mean, like for those occasions where you don't want to appear as the "wax guy" etc.

Thoughts?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4578 on: February 07, 2024, 02:38:05 AM »
Never thought of it, seems pretty smart.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -314
« Reply #4579 on: February 07, 2024, 05:24:02 AM »
Do you guys ever wax the insides of your wheels when skating curbs/ledges? I might be tripping, but this could be a thing especially with softer wheels (Dragons, X's) and metal ledges. And yeah, one should of course prioritize waxing the curb itself, but still. I mean, like for those occasions where you don't want to appear as the "wax guy" etc.

Thoughts?

Wax the wheel wells to avoid wheel bite on pinched grinds.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #4580 on: February 07, 2024, 06:07:10 AM »
Expand Quote

Thoughts?
[close]

Wax the wheel wells to avoid wheel bite on pinched grinds.

ricta solved this problem

I love this ad, because Nyjah talks about how great the wheel is, with footage of him on a completely different setup without the wheel

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #4581 on: February 07, 2024, 03:39:18 PM »

Thoughts?

I have done this a few times. It definitely works, but isn't quite as good and doesnt last as long as wax on the actual obstacle imo but helps in a pinch.

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #4582 on: February 08, 2024, 02:57:38 PM »
Expand Quote

Thoughts?
[close]

I have done this a few times. It definitely works, but isn't quite as good and doesnt last as long as wax on the actual obstacle imo but helps in a pinch.

Is this a pun?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #4583 on: February 08, 2024, 03:01:57 PM »
lol it was unintentional, but def relevant

Lepanto

• Rep: 6
« Reply #4584 on: February 08, 2024, 03:37:07 PM »
Who tested the Spitfire 'lil smokies'?
Bought a set on 50mm/99du conical full and they looks so cool. Super small but got a nice ridding surface

Planning on skate them on a 8.18 Hockey/fa board i got arround or such

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #4585 on: February 08, 2024, 08:10:34 PM »
Bought a set on 50mm/99du conical full and they looks so cool. Super small but got a nice ridding surface

What a lark; I pulled the trigger on another set myself just two days ago. Same/same 50mm/99du F4 Coni as well.
My 2nd time on them, even though I generally pref something more in the 54-56mm range, because damn it… they’re cheap & they’re FUCKING FUN.
Plan on running these on a 9” early 90’s style shaper as a goofing around set-up.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4586 on: February 09, 2024, 03:07:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What a lark; I pulled the trigger on another set myself just two days ago. Same/same 50mm/99du F4 Coni as well.
My 2nd time on them, even though I generally pref something more in the 54-56mm range, because damn it… they’re cheap & they’re FUCKING FUN.
Plan on running these on a 9” early 90’s style shaper as a goofing around set-up.
There are some 50mm teal tablets that look so nice, tempted.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #4587 on: February 09, 2024, 10:44:00 AM »
Are there any thin shoes (need boardfeel) with a bit of a thicker padded tongue? The top of my foot is swollen from the board falling on it and I wish there was more protection.
Currently skating emerica dicksons and there's nothing.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #4588 on: February 09, 2024, 11:31:19 AM »
Are there any thin shoes (need boardfeel) with a bit of a thicker padded tongue? The top of my foot is swollen from the board falling on it and I wish there was more protection.

Vans Rowans have a nice padded tongue and collar, tho maybe a bit beefier overall than you'd like. Still great boardfeel imo.

Vans Chukka Lows have a mad padded tongue.

Vans K-Walks are cupsole but still on the slimmer side, also a nice amount of cushion

A number of vulc NB# models should have some padding, I'll leave the specifics to the NB experts tho

GT Blazers have a smidge of tongue padding, not too familiar with other Nike SB's tho.

Small list of the top of my head, others would probably know more.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #4589 on: February 09, 2024, 11:40:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Vans Rowans have a nice padded tongue and collar, tho maybe a bit beefier overall than you'd like. Still great boardfeel imo.

Vans Chukka Lows have a mad padded tongue.

Vans K-Walks are cupsole but still on the slimmer side, also a nice amount of cushion

A number of vulc NB# models should have some padding, I'll leave the specifics to the NB experts tho

GT Blazers have a smidge of tongue padding, not too familiar with other Nike SB's tho.

Small list of the top of my head, others would probably know more.
Thanks! I have rowans and kwalks(slip). They do have just a tiny bit more than my emericas and I don't think that's enough.
The etnies joslins have a really good amount, those are my walking shoes currently and I hope I can manage skating them soon, sole is a lot thicker and stiffer than what I'm used to.