Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 420408 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #720 on: August 02, 2022, 01:37:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The simple fact that the Gifted Hater thread has devolved into a discussion of the validity of adults riding scooters really illuminates what this dude is bringing to skating.
[close]

GH and scooters both equally suck though.
[close]

I actually don't mind when he does the skatepark reviews. They're pretty entertaining for whatever reason and he can be pretty funny when he's clowning on some obstacles or what his friends have chosen to bring for snacks. He's a pretty good skateboarder too, I gotta give that to him.

However, I've watched a total of 30 seconds of his twitch-style sit-in-front-of-a-big-pop-filtered-mic-with-big-ugly-headphones-on-and-whine-for-hours videos before I got really annoyed by it all. But I find that video format in general to be the worst thing on earth next to tik tok, so that's just me I guess. How do people watch these?
[close]

Not just gifted hater but that style of stream in general. Is it just a friend simulator?
[close]

Yes, that format in general is so unbearable to watch. Even when I search for some info on something and it's some highly regarded professor doing the talking, I just cannot watch it. When they're straight on into the camera it's somewhat less offensive, but that 3/4 view just makes me sick, it's an uncontrollable reaction. It's like looking in on someone have a private conversation and we can't see the other side, seems gross.

I prefer my friend simulators in podcast form, thank you very much. Or slap.
I'm the combo of overly cynical person and someone who often doesn't pay attention to new things so they guy just sitting in a room playing a video game or watching a video really rubbed me the wrong way when I first saw it. Eric Griffin (Montez from workaholics) had a show Riffin' with Griffin where he'd talk to other comedians, actors etc so it was just like a budget talk show which was fine but then he pivoted to guy who sits in a chair playing video games while interacting with the viewers and it's almost like this format was specifically designed to trick people's brains into thinking he is in their loungeroom talking with them while they play a game together. He really lost me tho when he then started complaining that people think they can talk to him in real life lol

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
« Reply #721 on: August 02, 2022, 03:22:46 AM »
Expand Quote
I've got a friend who mocks his kids for wanting to ride scooters and wont let them touch his quarter pipe.  Skateboards only.  I think he's fucked in the head and mean to his kids.  Let em live and try and show them why skatings cool, not screaming at them about it.
[close]
It's a good way to make sure your kids never like skateboarding.

that's true, and eventually they'll move on because scooters are much more limited than skateboards. god only knows how many first skateboards i've sold at the shop to ex-scooter riders.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #722 on: August 02, 2022, 04:51:17 AM »
Expand Quote

I lold. Fuck. His legs glued together, buttocks tightened, flying through the air all upright. Hilarious.

Puckered so tight you couldn't hammer a nail into there.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #723 on: August 02, 2022, 07:56:43 AM »

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #724 on: August 02, 2022, 08:41:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I lold. Fuck. His legs glued together, buttocks tightened, flying through the air all upright. Hilarious.
[close]

Puckered so tight you couldn't hammer a nail into there.

Anti chase Gabor technology

nothing's been the since same

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #725 on: August 02, 2022, 12:45:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The simple fact that the Gifted Hater thread has devolved into a discussion of the validity of adults riding scooters really illuminates what this dude is bringing to skating.
[close]

[close]

I actually don't mind when he does the skatepark reviews. They're pretty entertaining for whatever reason and he can be pretty funny when he's clowning on some obstacles or what his friends have chosen to bring for snacks. He's a pretty good skateboarder too, I gotta give that to him.

However, I've watched a total of 30 seconds of his twitch-style sit-in-front-of-a-big-pop-filtered-mic-with-big-ugly-headphones-on-and-whine-for-hours videos before I got really annoyed by it all. But I find that video format in general to be the worst thing on earth next to tik tok, so that's just me I guess. How do people watch these?
[close]

Not just gifted hater but that style of stream in general. Is it just a friend simulator?
[close]

Yes, that format in general is so unbearable to watch. Even when I search for some info on something and it's some highly regarded professor doing the talking, I just cannot watch it. When they're straight on into the camera it's somewhat less offensive, but that 3/4 view just makes me sick, it's an uncontrollable reaction. It's like looking in on someone have a private conversation and we can't see the other side, seems gross.

Millions of subscribers and viewers of all lenguages around the globe say the total opposite. We are just too old and that's our problem.
I have a 12 years old son who sees shit like this all the time (twitch/youtube gamers), and I mean ALL THE TIME; and its not only him, its ALL his friends, nephews, every single kid nowadays basically.
They grew up with this kind of content and they feel related cause its something "they could do". 

That being said, I reckon GH skateboarding skills but can't stand watching his content for more than a few minutes. I have  him on youtube to know some skateboarding gossip/new videos.

tonitonne

« Reply #726 on: August 02, 2022, 01:49:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Millions of subscribers and viewers of all lenguages around the globe say the total opposite. We are just too old and that's our problem.
I have a 12 years old son who sees shit like this all the time (twitch/youtube gamers), and I mean ALL THE TIME; and its not only him, its ALL his friends, nephews, every single kid nowadays basically.
They grew up with this kind of content and they feel related cause its something "they could do". 

That being said, I reckon GH skateboarding skills but can't stand watching his content for more than a few minutes. I have  him on youtube to know some skateboarding gossip/new videos.

My man you have slap for news/gossip. Where do you think he pulls all his material from?

Gnarles Mingus

• Rep: 6
« Reply #727 on: August 02, 2022, 02:29:36 PM »

Grim Deeds

• Rep: 11
« Reply #728 on: August 03, 2022, 12:12:40 PM »
Gifted Hater is kind of the trouble-maker twin brother of Rad Rat

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #729 on: August 03, 2022, 12:18:24 PM »
I don't know about twin but could see rad rat as the much more responsible older brother who had to study and go to college and have a job and all that then gh is the little brother the parents were much more relaxed with and mummy still comes over to do his laundry and buys him groceries

tonitonne

« Reply #730 on: August 03, 2022, 12:20:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't know about twin but could see rad rat as the much more responsible older brother who had to study and go to college and have a job and all that then gh is the little brother the parents were much more relaxed with and mummy still comes over to do his laundry and buys him groceries

This for sure. You go over the house to kick it with rad rat but GH keeps coming in the room and asking stupid questions while you guys are trying to play tekken.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 175
« Reply #731 on: August 03, 2022, 02:54:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

This for sure. You go over the house to kick it with rad rat but GH keeps coming in the room and asking stupid questions while you guys are trying to play tekken.

Dumb Data is their oddball cousin who never leaves his room and only talks about Warhammer 40K and his Steel Battalion rig

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #732 on: August 06, 2022, 01:11:01 PM »
best podcast, best dudes

Expand Quote

[close]
What’s up with the podcast GH mentions he’s been doing? I’d be curious to hear it

On a different note: This interview was kinda weird, GH’s gamer-style YouTuber approach to maxing out his online presence and gamifying skateboarding is a bit like oil and water to the legitimately freakish approach of the Fancy Lad boys. GH kept inadvertently almost insulting FL. Made him seem like a bit of a dweeb tbh, which I guess he kinda is, so whatever

Still, a very interesting look behind the curtain at GH as his reputation grows and he’s forced to negotiate between the shit talking he’s known for and the reality of working in a fairly small industry where people get butthurt rather easily

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #733 on: August 06, 2022, 03:23:11 PM »
One of the fancy lads sound like the Longmont potion castle guy
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #734 on: August 06, 2022, 04:37:29 PM »
One of the fancy lads sound like the Longmont potion castle guy

dugen nash
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #735 on: August 07, 2022, 04:12:55 AM »
So what do you guys think, will GH be in BATB next year?

Borra probably about to go into his third meeting right now to discuss it with his investors, who probably think it will be "edgy".

LebowskisRug

« Reply #736 on: August 07, 2022, 07:25:42 AM »
Peak Zoomer narcissist shit. Basically uses a platform to add nothing positive to a topic and just try to bring things down then benefits from this behavior with way more attention on his skating/hobby than is deserved.

hesh lesbians 4 president

« Reply #737 on: August 07, 2022, 08:26:01 AM »

good album to listen to while watching ""Gifted"" hater

kinjjibo

• Rep: -8
« Reply #738 on: August 07, 2022, 09:25:18 AM »
I wouldn't mind slap not liking me for $10k patreon money a month

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #739 on: August 07, 2022, 09:52:46 PM »

Speaking of this, those that do like his content:
Is his patreon worth the what 5-10 bucks a month? I’ve never used a patreon before but I find his content mostly enjoyable. I think it’s ten a month tho, and I don’t know if I like his vids that much.

I’m about to drop my Hulu account cause I never use it, so, paying ten a month just for access to one dudes streams isn’t the most appealing unless I split it with a homie
The chillest1

tonitonne

« Reply #740 on: August 08, 2022, 05:48:37 AM »
Imagine subscribing to the gifted hater patreon holy fuck.

tonitonne

« Reply #741 on: August 08, 2022, 05:52:24 AM »
GH looks like he was that one kid in school who always got way too hype about school lunches.

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #742 on: August 08, 2022, 10:32:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Speaking of this, those that do like his content:
Is his patreon worth the what 5-10 bucks a month? I’ve never used a patreon before but I find his content mostly enjoyable. I think it’s ten a month tho, and I don’t know if I like his vids that much.

I’m about to drop my Hulu account cause I never use it, so, paying ten a month just for access to one dudes streams isn’t the most appealing unless I split it with a homie

he is a little more raw in the patreon and uploads maybe 1-2 a week whether it be a video or an audio note. it’s just $10 so i don’t mind.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #743 on: August 08, 2022, 09:53:28 PM »
Peak Zoomer narcissist shit. Basically uses a platform to add nothing positive to a topic and just try to bring things down then benefits from this behavior with way more attention on his skating/hobby than is deserved.

Dude that’s literally the entire theme of his channel. And also in the name, idk what you’d expect lmao
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #744 on: August 15, 2022, 08:00:36 PM »
I see you’re new to the Internet. Welcome

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 95
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #745 on: August 19, 2022, 07:36:15 AM »
I really like the Ben Degros collabs. The only two Skate Youtubers I can tolerate really.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #746 on: August 19, 2022, 08:53:21 AM »
Hey Gifted if youre reading, Slap needs a video on how to properly do a no-compy

PS. fix your mic, that last video sound quality was atrocious

Banned from the room

« Reply #747 on: August 19, 2022, 02:28:01 PM »

i luv FL. i hope they go forever and ever. also i feel full grip is pretty g. thats why i hit it with markers and paint everyday. gotta lower my G factor so people will smile at me while im wanking on a curb cut.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:56:49 PM by Uncle Flea »

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #748 on: August 19, 2022, 03:11:58 PM »
Hey Gifted if youre reading, Slap needs a video on how to properly do a no-compy

I haven't seen him do one, and I'm sure that if he had a good one he would be doing them on footage considering that no complies fit the style of the rest of the tricks he does. If he doesn't have a good no comply, it would be best for him to not tell his viewers how to do them, and I'm sure he's self aware enough to know whether or not his no complies are any good.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #749 on: August 19, 2022, 03:33:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I haven't seen him do one, and I'm sure that if he had a good one he would be doing them on footage considering that no complies fit the style of the rest of the tricks he does. If he doesn't have a good no comply, it would be best for him to not tell his viewers how to do them, and I'm sure he's self aware enough to know whether or not his no complies are any good.

$20 says gifted has a decent no-comply