Poll

Does the woodshop a brand use for their decks impact your decision on buying a board?

Yes absolutely
485 (70.6%)
Yeah I guess a bit
163 (23.7%)
Indifferent either way
16 (2.3%)
Not really
12 (1.7%)
No never
11 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2024 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 165384 times)

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Something interesting... My Theories of Atlantis order (with a Hopps deck) said it was shipped by "Chapman Skateboard Co Inc".

Does Chapman do purely distribution services for New York based skate companies too? Or are their boards made by Chapman now?
[close]

I feel like I'm posting this for the hundredth time... Chapman doesn't press boards and hasn't for a good 5 or so years now. Their woodshop is long gone, even longer than quincy.

They get bulk clutch blanks and apply heat transfers. It's the same business model PGI, point, and a few others use.

Also I'm not sure what the confusion is about PGI. Same exact thing, just boards from a Chinese woodshop (dailan huahong iirc though im probably butchering the spelling). They're located in socal so a lot of smaller brands use them since theyre local and affordable.
[close]

Hey thanks for the info! Always. Very much appreciate your insight.
I’ve been confused about pgi: I thought crail boards were pgi and then switch to dailan h. I have had a few pgi boards that were as good as a deck can be, and then a few that were sog. The ‘new’ crail wood is very consistent, and extremely durable, I really like the dimensions of their shapes…but they are stiff, and I just don’t like them quite as much as before. I like ps stix wood, less stiff. Aaaaaaaanyways, sounds like pgi is just a middle business and not the manufacturer, good to know.

Thank you for the clarification.

I would like to think I am fairly resourceful in looking up things and from every search and query I still cannot find anything on PGI as a company, a brand, a distributor or anything, which is why I have asked more than once in the past.

Is Point Distribution actually PGI or completely different businesses in the same industry?  Different, I see.  Point in NV, PGI in CA.

This tiny little snippet of information is about all I have come up with:

https://panjiva.com/Pgi-Enterprises-Inc/2106363

Supply Chain Intelligence about:

Pgi Enterprises Inc.
 Company profile   United States

2022-05-10   PGI ENTERPRISES INC.   
DEZHOU LUOYI SPORTING GOODS CO., LT
SKATEBOARD DECK

2021-08-12   PGI ENTERPRISES INC.   
DONGGUAN XINDA SPORTING GOODS CO.
SKATEBOARD DECK HS CODE: 9506. 99. 6080

2021-06-10   PGI ENTERPRISES INC.   
ANQING YONGDA SPORTS & LEISURE LTD.
SKATEBOARD DECK

Date
2022-05-10
Shipper Name
Dezhou Luoyi Sporting Goods Co., Lt
Shipper Address
RENHE RD PINGYUAN COUNTY SHANDO NG PROVINCE PINGYUAN CN
Consignee Name
Pgi Enterprises,Inc.
Consignee Address
SAN LEANDRO CA 94577 USA

There is at least one woodshop in China I know and have on the list, the middle one there, Xinda Sporting Goods, so I know I am on the right track.

Any which way, it is more just another piece of a bigger puzzle that I feel like I have more pieces in the right places than loose and unknown, but I am not in any hurry to finish it, if that would even be possible, given the secrecy of so many industry links and suppliers private information.

On another note it is funny in looking for information that I find the woodshop thread list copied (with no references to where it came from) in a page from this shop.  Not a worry either way and happy anyone can find it useful, but just funny where some things turn up.

https://www.existskatestore.co.uk/blogs/news/2019-wood-shop-manufacturers

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Copied from another thread, but I thought it might be interesting to put it all here too, seeing as it is relevant.

Anyone ridden both the Baker 8.38 and DLX that is same specs and have any clue as to how different they are? I thought they were the same and recently got an Anti Hero 8.38 and it feels atrocious. It's a II on the press and think I've mostly ridden III but that seems quite trivial.

After realising they were the same exact shape, I have since had lots of both DLX versions and all the rest, be it Baker or Birdhouse and at least four other BBS companies that used that same 8.38 x 32.25 with 14.5 wb shape, even though some were listed as longer and some shorter from their respective company spec sheets / info.

To look at them individually, some looked way more pointy and others looked way more round, mainly due to the graphic I think, but also partly due to the concave, but to sit them on top of each other then swap them over, they really were the same in every way from comparing top / bottom views.

BBS with their four per stack really means you do get a mix of them - half a dozen Baker 8.38 here all in a stack and some are way steeper than others, same as the other boards, even DLX sorted from I through to IV some are more mellow and some are steeper between the same numbers.

I am not proud to say but when I had the chance to get a really good deal on Element decks a few years ago now, I have had 14 of exactly the same board at one point and I arranged them from most mellow (which I preferred) to steepest so they fit well with the mellow on the bottom, but to put one of the steepest on the bottom it was such a big difference.

At one point I used to park the car on some steeper boards to flatten them out, as I just couldn't deal with the steep concave, but more recently (as I have too many) I have been just picking out the more mellow ones and riding them as is more than any others, but I find the mellow ones are easier for street stuff and the steeper ones better for mini ramp stuff.

If you got a steeper board, I can definitely understand how it might feel very awkward for you if you had a more mellow board or two before that one.

Edit:

To add it was interesting to see the Birdhouse deck from the Sale thread link from 2018 has a sticker on top that says "DREAMER 8.38" or something similar.

Same as DLX uses "Dreamer shape" for their boards, maybe from Kyle Walker, but then for all the 8.38 normal decks, whereas I once thought the Dreamer was the really mellow (almost flat) concave that he specifically rides.

https://westernskateco.com/products/birdhouse-ben-raybourn-dreamer-green-8-38-skateboard-deck

Expand Quote
Ok so I'm not fucking insane- this anti hero has a 6.875 tail vs 6.625 and 7.25 nose vs 7.0625 on the Baker. I measured with the concave for both as this takes into account the steepness, but even measuring straight across they're different. The Baker ends up at 32 on the dot vs the Anti Hero at 32.25 (straight across).
[close]

I prefer, by quite a bit, boards 32 or less. Out of length, width, wb…length (once thought to be the least relevant) is the least fungible.
Dlx shapes have been too long, full, and steep for me…unless in skating an 8ish bird and then whatever works.
I’ve loved baker boards in the past, like few others. I swear the wood/molds are slightly different, but knowledgeable persons that I believe have the correct info assure me I am incorrect. I had some conspiracy theories about generator, bbs, generator-bbs…but yeah. Gibberish On my part. I’ve tried to not go down the tail length rabbit hole, but it’s difficult for me to ignore that tail lengths greater than 6.6 are pretty much out for me. 6.5 is better. Nose doesn’t need to be over 7, prefer less. This may be why I’ve started to like longer wb’s, but total lengths up to 32: shorter lengths for nose and tail. All I know is I don’t know shit.
But I’d rather ride a baker than a dlx

I think at the end of the day, there is always going to be some difference between boards, even between two 8.38 eagles, I noticed slight differences in length, width, concave and kicks, but that is what happens with boards that might be made in the same place, but on different presses or even different places in a press, but the same shape is cut with computer automation, then human hand sanded maybe some more or some less, etc.  It has been said before the DLX boards have dedicated presses, but who knows.  They definitely have different wood stain layups compared to other brands, so when they do them in bulk there will be separate processes right there.

Bolting four different brands together through the deck bolt holes in a stack, they were all the same size, shape, etc but that is not to say that this lot is the same as another lot of boards produced another time from the same location.  Trying to take pics didn't really show enough or were clear with things, back when I did it with 8.5 boards and then with 8.38 boards.  I used a Baker, DLX, Element and Birdhouse, then swapped them around with a couple of DLX at either end, just to mix and match.

Any which way I know with having so many of the same boards set up at the same time, each one feels a bit different, some more stiff, others more flexible, along with all the other variables as mentioned so I am used to that side of things.

I guess that is where companies like Dwindle whose product is so much more uniform are leading the quality control game, but I know I can't deal with the concave and feel of those boards, whereas others will only ride them, given every board feels exactly the same.

Edit:

I went and found seven of the 8.38 decks including Baker, Birdhouse, Element, Organica (Kayo / DGK era), Antihero, Real and Krooked so here is the pic from them all standing together, give or take less than a few mm all up, but really all the same.

NOTE: Although these are all within 1 to 2 mm, even just a .25" is not that much, only about 6 mm so they are still all around their listed lengths anyway, the average being about 32.2 all up, some at 32 even, some at 32.12 and others at 32.25 total length.

Again not doubting other boards are different, especially given only the DLX boards in this lot are from this year, all the rest from a while ago.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 02:06:14 AM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hey guys, I just got 2x Egg Shape Franky Villani boards from Primitive and both confirmed have the "Made in Mexico" sticker :)
the boards look IDENTICAL as far as i can tell dimensions wise. the only difference is one of them has a purple ply in the middle, and one has a yellow ply. So I think that means they were likely done in a differnet lot but at the end of the day they came out looking AMAZING!

I have been told that BBS will be used for the pro model + team series boards from Primitive, but the collabo boards could come from anywhere. So if you are planning to skate those ones, they may or may not be BBS, they could literally be anything. The other company involved in the collab has to approve where it is made and there is a whole other side to it.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
For all the Bay Area skaters on here, I was at Atlas today and was told they now use BBS for their shop decks. They have some really sick graphics so I might try it out next time. Could only afford a GX deck on sale today. I'm assuming they probably use the standard shapes but next time I'll bring a tape measure.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
Hey guys, I just got 2x Egg Shape Franky Villani boards from Primitive and both confirmed have the "Made in Mexico" sticker :)
the boards look IDENTICAL as far as i can tell dimensions wise. the only difference is one of them has a purple ply in the middle, and one has a yellow ply. So I think that means they were likely done in a differnet lot but at the end of the day they came out looking AMAZING!

I have been told that BBS will be used for the pro model + team series boards from Primitive, but the collabo boards could come from anywhere. So if you are planning to skate those ones, they may or may not be BBS, they could literally be anything. The other company involved in the collab has to approve where it is made and there is a whole other side to it.

Seeing that BBS hologram sticker between the back bolts is an instant win for me, given I prefer BBS wood.

Thanks for the info too!

just got my first egg! I am waiting to burn out my existing deck before setting it up but CANNOT WAIT to try a 3 flip on it. it seems like the geometry of it would be perfect. i got the franky villani 9.125" "Sketchy"

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
For all the Bay Area skaters on here, I was at Atlas today and was told they now use BBS for their shop decks. They have some really sick graphics so I might try it out next time. Could only afford a GX deck on sale today. I'm assuming they probably use the standard shapes but next time I'll bring a tape measure.

Thank you!

Added the info to the first page, Shop boards info list.

Also updated some of the listings info and realise the main lists had not been touched for over a month now, so I guess some brands have done their moving around and all that and are ok where they are.

Any other info please let me know.

@rawbertson.  I made it into a few shops on the weekend and saw the Primitive range in one shop, all those BBS hologram stickers on everything, even the colab boards here in Australia, but as you said, it is determined by others as to which wood is used.

Also noticed HUF is back on BBS, from being on other wood from the last year.

I think everything else was as expected or no change to all the boards I stood on or looked at.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
I stumbled upon this website and found all that super interesting. Don't know if that here is the right place to post, but I thought I could share with ya all. I know of at least one skateshop who gets their shop decks made by them and they seem to be good quality. It looks like you can order individual sheets of canadian maple plys to press your own decks, which I never seen before.

https://skatewood.eu/

But yeah, for me personally BBS makes the nicest decks and I am afraid of changes. But that is not to say that other woodshops are bad or something.
IG: @flowterspace

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
I stumbled upon this website and found all that super interesting. Don't know if that here is the right place to post, but I thought I could share with ya all. I know of at least one skateshop who gets their shop decks made by them and they seem to be good quality. It looks like you can order individual sheets of canadian maple plys to press your own decks, which I never seen before.

But yeah, for me personally BBS makes the nicest decks and I am afraid of changes. But that is not to say that other woodshops are bad or something.

That's so good!

They bring in the veneer for DIY board makers to buy to do their own boards from scratch, so to speak.

I think that was the biggest problem for some guys I know when they had the presses but couldn't get a good supply of wood veneer to use to make boards.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

[close]

That's so good!

They bring in the veneer for DIY board makers to buy to do their own boards from scratch, so to speak.

I think that was the biggest problem for some guys I know when they had the presses but couldn't get a good supply of wood veneer to use to make boards.

Some people really have deck presses at home?
I always thought you had to be really rich to own board presses. Some lunatics might can build their own presses with enough knowledge, I don't know. Fingerboarders do that ^^ Anyway that was all super rad to see and they have some nice colored veneers.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That's so good!

[close]

Some people really have deck presses at home?
I always thought you had to be really rich to own board presses. Some lunatics might can build their own presses with enough knowledge, I don't know. Fingerboarders do that ^^ Anyway that was all super rad to see and they have some nice colored veneers.

Re rich to have a press, no not at all, but when you see the major woodshop pics with all their solid equipment, this is the complete opposite to what some people have at home, eg a single press they have made themselves or bought from someone else who had a go and was over it.

Making boards is not that hard in itself, but making a good quality board is a lot harder than it might seem.

This is from a guy I went to school with in the late 80s.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Another local Brisbane guy with his own press.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
These photos are rad. Pretty cool to see. And yeah, to make good quality decks probably isn't easy.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
These photos are rad. Pretty cool to see. And yeah, to make good quality decks (at scale consistently) probably isn't easy.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

I happened to go into a Fast Times store today and saw Spinifex Skateboards, which were on an unknown woodshop (no markings or other info) and a Clutch woodshop board.

From what I could see Spinifex Skateboards are an indigenous brand supporting grass roots skateboarding for indigenous and other kids throughout Australia, doing a great job at getting skateboards to kids who might otherwise have no possible way of being able to skate, with the backing of many top brands and shops here in AU.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal

I happened to go into a Fast Times store today and saw Spinifex Skateboards, which were on an unknown woodshop (no markings or other info) and a Clutch woodshop board.

From what I could see Spinifex Skateboards are an indigenous brand supporting grass roots skateboarding for indigenous and other kids throughout Australia, doing a great job at getting skateboards to kids who might otherwise have no possible way of being able to skate, with the backing of many top brands and shops here in AU.

That is really cool and rad. You might can give infos which brands and shops are affiliated, so we can support them?

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

[close]

That is really cool and rad. You might can give infos which brands and shops are affiliated, so we can support them?

Being an Australian brand, I don't think there is any representation outside of AU, but they are in Fasttimes (which has stores all over AU) and a couple of Melbourne shops like Hemley, from their instagram posts.

They are NT based (Northern Territory) but their web site also has info.

https://www.spinifexskateboards.com/

EDIT: 

The header on the web site says "We now offer shipping to AU, NZ, UK, USA and Canada" so I guess they have options for (almost) worldwide coverage.

https://www.spinifexskateboards.com/shop

Notyourmom

• Rep: 6
Hey pals!
Great thread with some pretty good info.
Quick update to the woodshop directory.
Habitat for EU doesn’t seem to be through hlc anymore. Not on their website and the last two habitat I got here in Germany had the red made in Mexico sticker on them.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
Hey pals!
Habitat for EU doesn’t seem to be through hlc anymore. Not on their website and the last two habitat I got here in Germany had the red made in Mexico sticker on them.

it's been years
Habitat didn't respect the clauses of the contract
I don't know what distribution makes Habitat available in Europe at the moment

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Hey pals!
[close]

it's been years
Habitat didn't respect the clauses of the contract
I don't know what distribution makes Habitat available in Europe at the moment

Thanks for the info.

Maybe someone is getting them in directly, or possibly through the same distribution line as Alien Workshop, seeing as they are together in some countries, but separate in others.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

I had a message from someone with some more board info, which is always appreciated.

I just added Afternoon Skateboards (from Montreal, Canada) and the board mfg is South Central.

https://www.afternoonskateboards.com/

Also, the Motif Brand Skateboards (from San Diego, Cali.) and board mfg is South Central as well.

https://motifbrand.com/

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 06:53:17 PM by Woodshop »

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 60
Does anyone have details about Generator 8.125 shapes? As far as I know, both Polar and Magenta are Generators with same dimension (14.25 WB etc.), but somehow Polar 8.125 feels more pointy, especially the tail. I really liked the Magenta's more rounded 8.1, are there any other brands with same shape?

fur lined sea

• Rep: 234
Right now I'm loving both the Studio 8 and 8.125s. Both are pressed on the steeper 5 or 6 mold.

I read a lot of shit about Control boards on here, but I personally love them. They remind me a lot of South Central boards, which I also love. It's been hard to find Politic or anything on South Central for the last few years, so I'm stoked to find something similar. Shouldn't have slept on Studio for so long.
Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
Right now I'm loving both the Studio 8 and 8.125s. Both are pressed on the steeper 5 or 6 mold.

I read a lot of shit about Control boards on here, but I personally love them. They remind me a lot of South Central boards, which I also love. It's been hard to find Politic or anything on South Central for the last few years, so I'm stoked to find something similar. Shouldn't have slept on Studio for so long.

I had a few control boards (heard PJ likes/liked them), and mine were really good. Flat. The ones I rode were a little stiffer than I like, and sounded different, but all in all, they held their shape/pop. Graphics are also sick. Canadian W.E.

sebbo

• Rep: 20
Does anybody know where wasted paris boards are pressed?

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 60
Expand Quote
Does anyone have details about Generator 8.125 shapes? As far as I know, both Polar and Magenta are Generators with same dimension (14.25 WB etc.), but somehow Polar 8.125 feels more pointy, especially the tail. I really liked the Magenta's more rounded 8.1, are there any other brands with same shape?
[close]

It's one of my go to shapes, I've had so many. Any 8.125 in these brands will do you well:

Passport
Killing Floor
Theories
Hopps

Thanks! And for a cure of my gear madness, Polar and Magenta really do have different shape in their respective 8.1s, right?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
Alltimers too run an 8.1, the shape seemed pretty round. 

Re Control, for the most part are at least consistent for a North American manufacturer. 

I’m skating a Palace board and I’m so used to skating generator boards.  The flatter kicks are driving me nuts.  I’m used to that bit of concave coming up through the fingers of flat and the nose having that dip, when you put your foot in the pocket, it fits perfect.  This board, not so much…the wood though I actually really like. 

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
Does anybody know where wasted paris boards are pressed?

pretty sure they are from HLC but i'll try to get a confirmation

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112

Re Control, for the most part are at least consistent for a North American manufacturer. 

I’m skating a Palace board and I’m so used to skating generator boards.  The flatter kicks are driving me nuts.  I’m used to that bit of concave coming up through the fingers of flat and the nose having that dip, when you put your foot in the pocket, it fits perfect.  This board, not so much…the wood though I actually really like.

This palace board sounds dope, for me. I dislike bbs** concave. Which size palace? I’ll order one (no shops near me stock those).

**I do not like the bbs boards…humps/concave, how it dips down and …not for me. I’ll skate them, and they are good, just not ‘ideal’. I’m very certain the following is only in my head, and just gibberish: I do not understand the relationship with generator, and bbs. I’ve been told, more than a few times, by people working in the industry, that they are the same. I’ve been told like two times, that generator is smaller, older, prints the graphics, and also has a few presses. Boards that I’ve been told are generator, I tend to like more: flatter, more baker shaped. Local shop uses ‘generator’ for their shop decks, I like these better than any dlx (bbs) board I’ve had in the last 3 years. I want to stress than I am a know nothing, and this is all whatever, I mean I was reeeeeeal sure (pre Covid) that Krooked>anti hero>real boards, in that order. With Krookeds being noticeably better, to me (if I’m being honest this is probably more like 8-10 years ago, but around Covid times I felt like all of the boards were more obviously the same, and less good than they had been). None of this matters. I should go read a book.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

[close]

This palace board sounds dope, for me. I dislike bbs** concave. Which size palace? I’ll order one (no shops near me stock those).

**I do not like the bbs boards…humps/concave, how it dips down and …not for me. I’ll skate them, and they are good, just not ‘ideal’. I’m very certain the following is only in my head, and just gibberish: I do not understand the relationship with generator, and bbs. I’ve been told, more than a few times, by people working in the industry, that they are the same. I’ve been told like two times, that generator is smaller, older, prints the graphics, and also has a few presses. Boards that I’ve been told are generator, I tend to like more: flatter, more baker shaped. Local shop uses ‘generator’ for their shop decks, I like these better than any dlx (bbs) board I’ve had in the last 3 years. I want to stress than I am a know nothing, and this is all whatever, I mean I was reeeeeeal sure (pre Covid) that Krooked>anti hero>real boards, in that order. With Krookeds being noticeably better, to me (if I’m being honest this is probably more like 8-10 years ago, but around Covid times I felt like all of the boards were more obviously the same, and less good than they had been). None of this matters. I should go read a book.

Everyone has their preferences for wood, so I can understand exactly what you mean.

Re Generator vs other BBS pressed brands, there is definitely a small but significant difference in concave and feel of wood so yes there is a difference between boards with Generator stickers and other BBS mainstream decks like DLX, Polar, Bakerboys, etc.  I would put that down to dedicated presses for some sections of the business or brand groupings, then some presses for other groupings.

Generator boards tend to feel flatter and not as much concave through the kicks, in the same way the DLX pricepoint decks did before the pandemic and almost identical when stacked, whereas the normal DLX decks had a lot more concave through the side rails and some even up through the kicks.

Some of the other pressed BBS boards feel different again, so I would almost think that when the Blackbox woodshop closed down, those presses went to BBS and are still being used on the Slave boards, going by their concave, which was significantly different to DLX.

FA / Hockey are just different again, steeper, but still have the similar concave to other BBS boards.

Magenta and Passport always felt different again, not as much concave through the middle, but fairly moderate to steep kicks on all the boards I have had pass through my hands.  That is without even starting on the different wood layups for different brands too, these two always having brown top and bottom and natural for the rest.

DLX nowdays has two assorted coloured top stains, one coloured bottom stain as their standard setup but some boards have specific or different wood layups.

Bakerboys and some others have an assorted coloured top and middle, or coloured top, middle and bottom, depending on the graphic usually - anything with see through graphic usually has coloured bottom as well.

Element almost always had the coloured top and red stained middle layer, but not on all boards.  More recently all theirs have had grey / charcoal tops and red middles.

Brands like Polar use very specific colours for all the decks with certain sizes or graphics in each run, which is rather unique too.

I haven't seen pricepoint boards in a while (most now have no stains / all natural for DLX) but those boards used to only have a top stain and the rest natural and definitely felt softer than the pro boards, as well as not holding up as well, under some heavy landings.

They still skated fine for me, but I think they flexed out a whole lot faster, as I don't break boards anymore and can make them last a lot longer than most people who skate harder than I do.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
[close]

It's one of my go to shapes, I've had so many. Any 8.125 in these brands will do you well:

Passport
Killing Floor
Theories
Hopps

8.12 or 8.125 they can be listed as, but it is the same width.

Are those boards you guys have skated all 8.125 x 32 with 14.25 wb, 7 nose and 6.75 tail? 

That is what the AH black eagle deck was with a long nose and tail, a bit pointy but a good shape overall, same as this one:

https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/curb-riot-redux-812-skateboard-deck

Different to the shorter DLX 8.12 deck like the red Real board:

https://www.tactics.com/real/team-classic-oval-812-skateboard-deck

From looking through some places like Tactics that have all board info listed, I see now there are quite a few options for the 8.125 most around 31.75 to 31.85 in length, but some shorter too.

https://www.tactics.com/skateboard-decks/rs-8.125

The Tactics shop boards (which are BBS) are about standard it seems:

SIZE   8.125

WIDTH (IN):   8.125
LENGTH (IN):   31.875
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.25
NOSE (IN):   7.0
TAIL (IN):   6.625

« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 07:24:09 PM by Mbrimson88 »