Poll

Does the woodshop a brand use for their decks impact your decision on buying a board?

Yes absolutely
485 (70.6%)
Yeah I guess a bit
163 (23.7%)
Indifferent either way
16 (2.3%)
Not really
12 (1.7%)
No never
11 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2024 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 164077 times)

Bongwater Mojito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
8.12 or 8.125 they can be listed as, but it is the same width.

Are those boards you guys have skated all 8.125 x 32 with 14.25 wb, 7 nose and 6.75 tail? 

I don't have the Magenta specs unfortunately, it was a 8.125. Polar is 32" long, but could be that Magenta was one of the shorter shapes. Tail of Polar feels bit long, not luckily too long.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote

Are those boards you guys have skated all 8.125 x 32 with 14.25 wb, 7 nose and 6.75 tail? 
[close]

I don't have the Magenta specs unfortunately, it was a 8.125. Polar is 32" long, but could be that Magenta was one of the shorter shapes. Tail of Polar feels bit long, not luckily too long.

Yeah the Magenta was said to be 31.85 or so from spec info.

I have a couple of other 8.125 BBS boards, which all measure the same (as far as I can remember) at 32 long, which is funny as some of the 8.25 boards from most of those brands are a touch less than that.

I thought I had a Passport 8125 here, but it is at the indoor park, so will check that one again on Wednesday.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Interesting to see this, Terminal Four, or more commonly named T4 which is an Aussie brand previously on Clutch wood appears to now be on something from China, given US and Mexico don't use Resin in their boards.

I hadn't seen anything from T4, along with FSC, Red F or Vow for a while, but given the issues some brands were having with Clutch, it makes sense that they would have taken a different route with wood supply.

If anyone has seen these in person, I would be curious to know if there is anything else on them, stickers or other info, or how the boards feel now.

Leads on to this post too from Bread Brand:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 08:44:15 PM by Woodshop »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Not sure if I had posted about this before, but I stumbled on another account I was not following, which usually means I hadn't seen it before.

https://www.instagram.com/art_of_boardmaking/

The Art of Boardmaking
Community
Free Instagram gallery for diy boardmaking and art. Shoot us a dm with your work and we will post it. Let’s spread the stoke and show some love.
www.artofboardmaking.com

The account also showcases some board makers with nice detailed pics and info, like this one:

sebbo

• Rep: 20
Expand Quote
Does anybody know where wasted paris boards are pressed?
[close]

pretty sure they are from HLC but i'll try to get a confirmation

Thanks, man!

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal

Expand Quote
Does anyone recognise this sticker?

https://avenueskateboards.co.uk/product/harmony-8-5-deck/
[close]

https://quarterdist.com/superply-maple-en/

germany

I had a look at a few other boards and they are all shorter wheelbases, even for the 9 which was 14.25 for those who are interested.

The only down side is it is for the UK / EU market with product from Quarter Dist, for those in the USA, you might have to go looking a bit more.

https://avenueskateboards.co.uk/product/quickness-9-0-deck/

Ride it to dust

Shape looks pretty nice on paper

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
Expand Quote
Does anyone recognise this sticker?

https://avenueskateboards.co.uk/product/harmony-8-5-deck/
[close]

https://quarterdist.com/superply-maple-en/

germany

Are they actually pressing them though? Usually epoxy = China because environmental regulations make it harder to use in Western countries. Spain is an exception, as HLC does both, but usually if I see "xyz distribution" pop up with epoxy/resin boards I assume it's because they're importing them from China.

Ride it to dust

Yeah I imagine they’re just importing then printing in Germany

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
Yeah I imagine they’re just importing then printing in Germany

i confirm this is what they do

Pee nis

Anyone know what woodshop a primitive from China is from? I ordered 2 8.25s with the recent sale on their website and one is from Mexico so clearly BBS but other is from China which I wasn’t expecting

nitro89

• Rep: 88
Anyone know what woodshop a primitive from China is from? I ordered 2 8.25s with the recent sale on their website and one is from Mexico so clearly BBS but other is from China which I wasn’t expecting

same thing happened to me over here in the uk. ordered two primitives from different shops both pro models, one china, one BBS although mine were 8.38 not 8.25.

me and a friend compared them to a few other decks he had laying around and the conclusion we came to was that there from Dailan Huahong as the wood/finish/shape/middle coloured plys matched up etc. there just the price points rather than the top spec crail decks that come out the same factory, same way that BBS do there price points.

the chinese one sogged out in about ten days. felt the tail go mehhh one day and that was that, flex city. id send the china one back and ask for a bbs replacement if you can.

"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

Pee nis

Expand Quote
[close]

same thing happened to me over here in the uk. ordered two primitives from different shops both pro models, one china, one BBS although mine were 8.38 not 8.25.

me and a friend compared them to a few other decks he had laying around and the conclusion we came to was that there from Dailan Huahong as the wood/finish/shape/middle coloured plys matched up etc. there just the price points rather than the top spec crail decks that come out the same factory, same way that BBS do there price points.

the chinese one sogged out in about ten days. felt the tail go mehhh one day and that was that, flex city. id send the china one back and ask for a bbs replacement if you can.

Thanks I just emailed them back asking for a BBS replacement for the China deck. Hopefully they don’t have any issues with that. Price is the same too, so interesting one would be non BBS. I would understand it if the retail was cheaper, but there’s no indication at all on the site that it would be a different quality deck

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
That’s painful, I’d rather just buy from the companies who regularly manu out of china ie. dwindle/crail.  At least then you know what you’re getting…….

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
I really wanna give Palace 8.38 another try, but the WB for this size is 8.75? What gives with that.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
I really wanna give Palace 8.38 another try, but the WB for this size is 8.75? What gives with that.
Palace shapes are weird, short boards and kicks.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
[close]
Palace shapes are weird, short boards and kicks.

Is this for real though?!?!?

I have looked up quite a few places I usually trust and all of them have VERY different dimensions, but I am guessing you had meant 14.875 wheelbase??

Every other Dwindle deck of that width is more like 14.25 wheelbase on a 31.85 to 32.1 length, but I totally get that some brands have very specific sizes for whoever rides them.

https://www.slamcity.com/products/palace-8-38-chewy-pro-s21-skateboard-deck

• Palace Chewy Cannon Pro Skateboard Deck
• Assorted wood veneers
• Width 8.38”
• Length 32.125”
• Wheelbase 14.875”
• Concave Mellow

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/products/palace-chewy-cannon-s28-8-375-skateboard-deck

WIDTH
LENGTH
WHEEL BASE

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290

Anyone know which wood shop is making these?

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Are they actually pressing them though? Usually epoxy = China because environmental regulations make it harder to use in Western countries. Spain is an exception, as HLC does both, but usually if I see "xyz distribution" pop up with epoxy/resin boards I assume it's because they're importing them from China.

This has been an interesting question and one which I often don't get an easy or simple answer to from a few places, but as you said, epoxy is usually a woodshop in China or somewhere that gets away with anything.

For the first page, third post, specific Woodshops info, I had them below the line in the second lot with the header
 "Manufacturers / Woodshops that DO NOT make their own boards but resell others list"  which includes Chapman, Progress, Point, PGI, MDCN, Quarter, Artprint and others.

At first I was going to make a completely separate list in a separate post, but thought it best to still be in the same one, only clearly marked as I have it.

Any other help with info, suggestions, etc is always appreciated too, from anyone in any form, be it on here, in a DM or whatever.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120409.msg3729104#msg3729104

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
Anyone know which wood shop is making these?

Looks like the top side has two marks side by side, which look a lot like Clutch number / letter as per this link to the first page:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120409.msg3729107#msg3729107

Quite possibly that, when I zoomed in as far as I could without it getting all kinds of blurry but still couldn't make it out.

That is interesting though, another new looking Instagram account with a new website

https://blankchecksupply.com/

This one with the coloured stains definitely looks like Clutch

https://blankchecksupply.com/collections/shop

Comment / liked by someone Gallant, so was this the Ryan Gallant new business that I think was posted a while back?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal

I did a little more digging and came up with the following.

Clutch does the boards for Visit (as per the master list on page 1) and there are definitely Clutch stains (which are very easy to spot when you know what you are looking for) on Visit decks, so I am also guessing that RG Woods which was the previous account shown from March 2022 was maybe not quite the brand name that they were going to go with and came up with Blank Check Supply instead.

Now if only you could skate like Ryan Gallant with one of his boards... But go check out his account as there is a good deal of skating in it too:

https://www.instagram.com/visit_ryangallant/

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
How do hockey and GX1000 shapes differ?

I love hockey / fa 8.18 decks with venture v hollow lights and wanted to try a 8.125 GX.

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 56
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah the Magenta was said to be 31.85 or so from spec info.

I have a couple of other 8.125 BBS boards, which all measure the same (as far as I can remember) at 32 long, which is funny as some of the 8.25 boards from most of those brands are a touch less than that.

I thought I had a Passport 8125 here, but it is at the indoor park, so will check that one again on Wednesday.

Another shape that works for me with Indys: https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/magenta-gore-lucid-dream-8-4-skateboard-deck-multi_p154581

Could this one be the same shape as Grimple 8.4 from few years back, I absolutely loved that one? Seems like 14.25" WB but length less than 32" is my goldilocks shape, width really doesn't count that much.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

I love hockey / fa 8.18 decks with venture v hollow lights and wanted to try a 8.125 GX.

The different woodshops are probably the main thing, so anything from either woodshop is not quite going to feel the same as the other woodshop in concave comparison, but shapes and angle of kicks, they are not that far apart that you couldn't try one and the other and be at opposite ends of the scale.

Hockey or FA, on BBS, way steeper concave / kicks, much more blunt squared off kicks too, boards and wheelbases more on the shorter side overall compared to some brands.

GX1000 (same as Quasi), on PS Stix, more mellow concave than FA / Hockey but still sometimes steeper kicks than some other brands, blunt and stubby shaped, but not as squared off as some, about average in board length and wheelbase, depending on width and some shape options.

SlapMcKracken

Expand Quote

[close]

The different woodshops are probably the main thing, so anything from either woodshop is not quite going to feel the same as the other woodshop in concave comparison, but shapes and angle of kicks, they are not that far apart that you couldn't try one and the other and be at opposite ends of the scale.

Hockey or FA, on BBS, way steeper concave / kicks, much more blunt squared off kicks too, boards and wheelbases more on the shorter side overall compared to some brands.

GX1000 (same as Quasi), on PS Stix, more mellow concave than FA / Hockey but still sometimes steeper kicks than some other brands, blunt and stubby shaped, but not as squared off as some, about average in board length and wheelbase, depending on width and some shape options.

Thx! Let’s see if I really can feel a difference between them.
I really like the FA Deck, but I think Nollie Flips Are a bit off because of the steep nose. Maybe I get used to it. Maybe not and I just switch around between fa and gx decks.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
another notable thing about PS stix boards is that they are wider at the front truck and narrower at the back truck (weird V shape)

SlapMcKracken