Author Topic: things you do 2 fit in  (Read 6692 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: things you do 2 fit in
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2022, 10:13:57 AM »
I just be myself but tone down the dad aspect. I go to the park to see tricks go down. Im totally fine with street skating alone for myself. I have homies from my last park I can hit up too.

Dad shit.   

It sucks when I overhear some shit about like drugs or whatever when I’m at my new local. I just stay in my lane do some tricks and try to show that skateboarding can be forever if you really want it. There like 2 kids that are bound for bullshit tho. They seem like they trying to take everyone down with them. I just gotta see how it goes as an outsider because I would never step in that shit willing.

It’s known that I can point the was to freedom tho. Ive let everyone know about my recovery by now I think.

Once I’m like in with everyone I try to get them to switch to ventures and I talk recycled boards and USA products.
I try to get them to do their own thing but buy the right shit lol.

I see if they know about Kalis and Henry Sanchez. Sean Young. Carroll. Let them know Fred Gall correct is the answer to all questions. Malto hard flips. LLopez is top dog. Dilo. I’m definitely going to be talking shake junk. I’m switching my grip. I wish I could get that magik carpet stuff so badly.

I have people ask hey are you on slap. Yes I am uncle flea lolol. Let’s go!!!

I get you into detox kid? Oh god
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

con_hielo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2022, 11:19:08 AM »
Expand Quote
I recently bought a Dewalt portable boom box that's got the Bluetooth connection password protected. When I show up to a park I throw my tunes on full blast. Normally the kids stare at me for a few minutes and call me crazy. Take a few runs, sometimes they like what I'm playing, sometimes they request some of their music (Never grant the first request).

The music playing throughout the park changes the whole vibe. People start opening up more and talking, both amongst themselves and to you, for better or worse. This seems better than just plugging my headphones in and not speaking until I'm done skating.
[close]

Fuck youuuuuuuuuu.

Even if you were blasting my favorite tunes I don’t want to be unwillingly exposed to other peoples bullshit, feels like assault. Let me and everyone else skate in peace you god damn Neanderthal.

sprained_ankle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2022, 11:22:26 AM »
what're some of the pals moves to fit in at a new park/ scene? Tonight, I hit the nicotine vape pen of someone close to half my age, pretty sure it was an HQD, and found myself saying, "let's go," even though I'm in my early 30s. I asked one kid if he knew who Steamer was, he said no, and I asked a chick sk8r who was trying tre flips if she has ever seen Mark Appleyard do one in 2001.... She also said no.

Pals, if you were in your early to mid 30s and were at a new skatepark, what would you do to fit in? Are you as broken as me and need validation from children? If not, why not? If so, why haven't you healed from your trauma?

PS - you're never gonna make it

PPS - hang it up.

Looking back on it, I probably should have just left.

you are worthy. you don't need to prove anything to anyone. <3
hi,am new here

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2022, 11:35:19 AM »
Expand Quote
I feel like the park is the place you don’t want to fit in at. Just be cool and say what’s up/acknowledge anyone else. Parks are for warming up and learning new shit. Business only.
[close]

why would anyone whos not pro approach skating as a business

that is the most regular thing i have heard on this forum so far
It’s a joke.

Also, cut that r-word shit out. You seem to be somewhere on the perger’s spectrum.

Stop caring so much about shit that doesn’t matter. Don’t take life so serious homie.

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2022, 11:36:44 AM »
I just be myself but tone down the dad aspect. I go to the park to see tricks go down. Im totally fine with street skating alone for myself. I have homies from my last park I can hit up too.

Dad shit.   

It sucks when I overhear some shit about like drugs or whatever when I’m at my new local. I just stay in my lane do some tricks and try to show that skateboarding can be forever if you really want it. There like 2 kids that are bound for bullshit tho. They seem like they trying to take everyone down with them. I just gotta see how it goes as an outsider because I would never step in that shit willing.

It’s known that I can point the was to freedom tho. Ive let everyone know about my recovery by now I think.

Once I’m like in with everyone I try to get them to switch to ventures and I talk recycled boards and USA products.
I try to get them to do their own thing but buy the right shit lol.

I see if they know about Kalis and Henry Sanchez. Sean Young. Carroll. Let them know Fred Gall correct is the answer to all questions. Malto hard flips. LLopez is top dog. Dilo. I’m definitely going to be talking shake junk. I’m switching my grip. I wish I could get that magik carpet stuff so badly.

I have people ask hey are you on slap. Yes I am uncle flea lolol. Let’s go!!!

I get you into detox kid? Oh god
Dilo is so good

i really liked the rough cut of his red tiger part that came out recently

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2022, 12:44:19 PM »
Show up wearing a late-90s WWF/WCW shirt. For some reason, that is the great unifier that all seem to be good with.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2022, 01:07:45 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m also 30 I just want to be left alone. I hate being mid trick and people start doing the yew or clapping that shit drives me insane.

Fuck ur music get some EarPods

I usually bring extra old gear cuz there’s always that rando kid with the jankiest set up. I guess this is my one way of fitting in but it’s more just guilt of having so much shit while others have nothing I don’t care if the person I give the shit to likes me. The last board I gave to this super annoying kid that always complains about being broke but when I bring him job applications to places he’s like nah man fuck that
[close]

u bring job applications to the skatepark

holy fuckin' shit

I have gotten a few skaters jobs. I have trouble ignore people that are living in there car/struggling to survive at home with their families. Getting someone a job application to a place u know the owners are cool is like the least I can do to help someone

boogs

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2022, 01:34:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m also 30 I just want to be left alone. I hate being mid trick and people start doing the yew or clapping that shit drives me insane.

I usually bring extra old gear cuz there’s always that rando kid with the jankiest set up. I guess this is my one way of fitting in but it’s more just guilt of having so much shit while others have nothing I don’t care if the person I give the shit to likes me. The last board I gave to this super annoying kid that always complains about being broke but when I bring him job applications to places he’s like nah man fuck that
[close]

holy fuckin' shit
[close]

I have gotten a few skaters jobs. I have trouble ignore people that are living in there car/struggling to survive at home with their families. Getting someone a job application to a place u know the owners are cool is like the least I can do to help someone
i have only ever hired fellow skaters at the place i ran.
the first person i ever hired was Nate Broussard. he was a good worker too.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2022, 01:37:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

holy fuckin' shit
[close]

[close]
i have only ever hired fellow skaters at the place i ran.
the first person i ever hired was Nate Broussard. he was a good worker too.

I’m intrigued… what job did he preform? Was this during adio/bueno? How are his nuts after that naked lipslide?

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2022, 01:54:45 PM »
Wear pants outside

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2022, 02:02:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I feel like the park is the place you don’t want to fit in at. Just be cool and say what’s up/acknowledge anyone else. Parks are for warming up and learning new shit. Business only.
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

Also, cut that r-word shit out. You seem to be somewhere on the perger’s spectrum.

Stop caring so much about shit that doesn’t matter. Don’t take life so serious homie.

you tell him not to use the word, "person," but then go on to call him autistic, which is pretty fucked up... whats the line of thinking behind this?

OldSkater

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2022, 02:11:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

If you are so curious about my mental health, I had ADHD as a kid, just like about 25-30% of the US male population.

I medicated for it until about age 18, then stopped as I felt it was inhibiting my creativity. Despite still struggling with a lack of focus, I still managed to complete a bachelors degree, get married, have a kid, start my own business etc. I dont feel like my ADHD is really holding me back in life.

And no, I dont think its fucked up to call dumb things regular. If you are regular and are offended by that, I ask you one single question: which word is acceptable to call people who act stupid? Because if you break it down, every single word you use to describe moronic behavior is loaded with an ableist context. There is not a single non-problematic way to call someone thick in the head.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2022, 02:22:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

[close]

If you are so curious about my mental health, I had ADHD as a kid, just like about 25-30% of the US male population.

I medicated for it until about age 18, then stopped as I felt it was inhibiting my creativity. Despite still struggling with a lack of focus, I still managed to complete a bachelors degree, get married, have a kid, start my own business etc. I dont feel like my ADHD is really holding me back in life.

And no, I dont think its fucked up to call dumb things regular. If you are regular and are offended by that, I ask you one single question: which word is acceptable to call people who act stupid? Because if you break it down, every single word you use to describe moronic behavior is loaded with an ableist context. There is not a single non-problematic way to call someone thick in the head.
So if ur kid starts skating and tries to make a sponsor me tape and is like working out and taking skating super serious but isn’t good and can’t get hooked up are u going to call him a person or let him do this thang?

OldSkater

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2022, 02:42:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

[close]

[close]
So if ur kid starts skating and tries to make a sponsor me tape and is like working out and taking skating super serious but isn’t good and can’t get hooked up are u going to call him a person or let him do this thang?

oh deff let him do his thing. hes 12 now and better than I am.

I have a different standard of decency with my son vs in slap forum haha

skatebruh

• Rep: 27
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2022, 03:02:49 PM »
I roll a blunt and ask anyone who makes eye contact if they want to hit it.

Christ Puncher

• Rep: 40
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2022, 03:42:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

[close]

Are you seriously asking what's the "politically correct" term you should use to compare someone who says something you don't agree with to people with an intellectual disability?
I would skate a Najaf board if it was a nice shoe and my size.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2022, 03:42:58 PM »
Extended “yew” when someone lands their trick

OldSkater

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2022, 03:47:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

[close]

[close]

Are you seriously asking what's the "politically correct" term you should use to compare someone who says something you don't agree with to people with an intellectual disability?

if you read my whole paragraph and thats what you got out of it, u are regular

dofrenzy

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2022, 04:43:21 PM »
Last time I was at the Salem skate park I just skated and the young’uns ignored me but I noticed that one of them started having serious shoelace issues when I was leaving so I returned to the park with a new set of laces I had in my bag.  Hoping I got us old guys some park cred with the kids.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2022, 05:23:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

[close]

You’re fried dude. You’re not special(well…).

(it’s absolutely more than 25-30% most people will just never get themselves evaluated. There’s a lot of high functioning people that never realize it).

You should try meditating. Seems like you got a lot of built up stuff you might want to work out.

Show up wearing a late-90s WWF/WCW shirt. For some reason, that is the great unifier that all seem to be good with.
This one is actually weirdly good advice.

dumb skate trick

• Rep: 8
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2022, 05:28:28 PM »
Never cared about fitting in. Randomly made toast. I’m such a freak lol

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 140
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2022, 06:33:15 PM »
Develop a long-lasting, tender loving relationship with the best skater at the park.

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2022, 07:26:19 PM »
I roll a blunt and ask anyone who makes eye contact if they want to hit it.

You the man bro, i like totally got my own stuff but i like to try different strains ya know?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2022, 07:42:58 PM »
stop saying you have ADHD challenge 2022

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2022, 11:34:35 PM »
Smoke Crack

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2022, 01:29:55 AM »
I'll never start saying "my G"

somefucker

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2022, 04:16:32 AM »
initial scan:
if locals = present, then fistbump, talk some bs
if locals ≠ present, proceed to place stuff in corner not to be fucked with

stretch/do your warm up

equal parts skating and watching

form connection with fellow skater skating _______ obstacle

skate together for 3 hours like you are best friends

never see them again until you show up to the park 4 months later at 4:45 pm on a wednesday after taking an impromptu day off, fist bump like you saw them yesterday still not knowing their name

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2022, 05:37:43 AM »
try shit that's a challenge for you until you get it.

as long as you're only moderately kooky off the board, that'll usually be enough for base level acceptance. 

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2022, 08:53:14 AM »

wil540

• Rep: -13
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2022, 09:09:56 AM »
Sometimes I don't wear my helmet when I secretly want to.