Author Topic: things you do 2 fit in  (Read 6693 times)

cherry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: things you do 2 fit in
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2022, 09:12:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I feel like the park is the place you don’t want to fit in at. Just be cool and say what’s up/acknowledge anyone else. Parks are for warming up and learning new shit. Business only.
[close]

why would anyone whos not pro approach skating as a business

that is the most regular thing i have heard on this forum so far
[close]
It’s a joke.

Also, cut that r-word shit out. You seem to be somewhere on the perger’s spectrum.

Stop caring so much about shit that doesn’t matter. Don’t take life so serious homie.
[close]

If you are so curious about my mental health, I had ADHD as a kid, just like about 25-30% of the US male population.

I medicated for it until about age 18, then stopped as I felt it was inhibiting my creativity. Despite still struggling with a lack of focus, I still managed to complete a bachelors degree, get married, have a kid, start my own business etc. I dont feel like my ADHD is really holding me back in life.

And no, I dont think its fucked up to call dumb things regular. If you are regular and are offended by that, I ask you one single question: which word is acceptable to call people who act stupid? Because if you break it down, every single word you use to describe moronic behavior is loaded with an ableist context. There is not a single non-problematic way to call someone thick in the head.
[close]
So if ur kid starts skating and tries to make a sponsor me tape and is like working out and taking skating super serious but isn’t good and can’t get hooked up are u going to call him a person or let him do this thang?
[close]

oh deff let him do his thing. hes 12 now and better than I am.

I have a different standard of decency with my son vs in slap forum haha

That’s sick! My dad raced dirt bikes and that shit is terrifying to me but I wish I had that bond

U guys def gotta make an edit

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2022, 10:49:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I feel like the park is the place you don’t want to fit in at. Just be cool and say what’s up/acknowledge anyone else. Parks are for warming up and learning new shit. Business only.
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

Also, cut that r-word shit out. You seem to be somewhere on the perger’s spectrum.

Stop caring so much about shit that doesn’t matter. Don’t take life so serious homie.
[close]

If you are so curious about my mental health, I had ADHD as a kid, just like about 25-30% of the US male population.

I medicated for it until about age 18, then stopped as I felt it was inhibiting my creativity. Despite still struggling with a lack of focus, I still managed to complete a bachelors degree, get married, have a kid, start my own business etc. I dont feel like my ADHD is really holding me back in life.

And no, I dont think its fucked up to call dumb things regular. If you are regular and are offended by that, I ask you one single question: which word is acceptable to call people who act stupid? Because if you break it down, every single word you use to describe moronic behavior is loaded with an ableist context. There is not a single non-problematic way to call someone thick in the head.
[close]
So if ur kid starts skating and tries to make a sponsor me tape and is like working out and taking skating super serious but isn’t good and can’t get hooked up are u going to call him a person or let him do this thang?
[close]

[close]

That’s sick! My dad raced dirt bikes and that shit is terrifying to me but I wish I had that bond

we've made a few edits but im too embarrassed to link em

we're really not pro material lol

my son has a good ollie and 180 and hes working on his kickflip

and all I have are freestyle tricks lol

jems

• Rep: 6
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2022, 11:41:20 AM »
bought a vx flag cause i thought it would be cool and shit but i guess fucking not cause now my homies just make fun of me

5e dice roller
please send me tapes

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2022, 12:10:09 PM »
bought a vx flag cause i thought it would be cool and shit but i guess fucking not cause now my homies just make fun of me

5e dice roller

o7
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2022, 12:51:34 PM »
Don’t ask someone for a lighter as soon as you walk up. Also, don’t be the old dude just smoking at the park. Also don’t walk up to the park holding your board. If you drove there I want to see you pushing from the parking lot. (Maybe I’m just projecting from a bad experience I had)

“First, you must love yourself…then the homies will fuck with you”-God

If you’re an older(20’s even if they’ve never seen you) person that shows up to the park nervous people are going to think you’re a narc. Really kills the vibe and you’ll get labeled. That shits not getting dropped.

Show up, just push around a couple times(if you got a wack push try skating tranny(is saying tranny not okay anymore? There’s gotta be a thread on it.), do your shit and don’t get in people’s way.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Keep that to yourself dawg you’re making it too easy. Only time you say free on here is in shoes/gear.

This was purely gentlemanly respect thing at this point gawd. (My bad for being a dick btw that’s just the game)

(I think I need to take a break from slap. I get weirdly more aggressive on here then on anything else even as anon)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2022, 12:58:23 PM »
If I'm there by myself, I avoid people are who slightly better than I was at my peak and people who obviously think they are "cool." Everyone else of most ages are super chill.

Also, I've learned (and known for a long time), depending on who I show up with I will make "friends" really quickly. It is amazing how many random people will start a conversation with the mediocre skater when he is there with someone who is super good.  ::)

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

OldSkater

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2022, 01:28:00 PM »
Don’t ask someone for a lighter as soon as you walk up. Also, don’t be the old dude just smoking at the park. Also don’t walk up to the park holding your board. If you drove there I want to see you pushing from the parking lot. (Maybe I’m just projecting from a bad experience I had)

“First, you must love yourself…then the homies will fuck with you”-God

If you’re an older(20’s even if they’ve never seen you) person that shows up to the park nervous people are going to think you’re a narc. Really kills the vibe and you’ll get labeled. That shits not getting dropped.

Show up, just push around a couple times(if you got a wack push try skating tranny(is saying tranny not okay anymore? There’s gotta be a thread on it.), do your shit and don’t get in people’s way.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Keep that to yourself dawg you’re making it too easy. Only time you say free on here is in shoes/gear.

This was purely gentlemanly respect thing at this point gawd. (My bad for being a dick btw that’s just the game)

(I think I need to take a break from slap. I get weirdly more aggressive on here then on anything else even as anon)

its ok. if you are on slap expecting people to be sensitive and kind all the time you will end up disillusioned

but dont diss freestyle too much

we all know street skaters weren't doing jack fucking shit as far as tricks before rodney mullen lol

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2022, 01:34:52 PM »
Don’t bring up Rodney. Don’t try and be Dylan(seeing it a lot again).

I should write our fucking laws.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2022, 01:40:10 PM »
Da perculator

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2022, 02:01:27 PM »
Nothing. I’ve got a mini ramp and I never skate with anyone

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2022, 02:36:04 PM »

someone offered me their joint and, given that i was self-conscious about looking like a narc, i thought it might be funny to say 'nah, can't i'm on duty'.

it was a set back, lol.

are narcs a big thing at parks in the us?

at my local people smoke constantly and even deal quite openly, and i've never seen police even bother coming near the park.

Snappyfingers

• Rep: 41
  • AW YEAH
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2022, 05:32:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m also 30 I just want to be left alone. I hate being mid trick and people start doing the yew or clapping that shit drives me insane.

Fuck ur music get some EarPods

I usually bring extra old gear cuz there’s always that rando kid with the jankiest set up. I guess this is my one way of fitting in but it’s more just guilt of having so much shit while others have nothing I don’t care if the person I give the shit to likes me. The last board I gave to this super annoying kid that always complains about being broke but when I bring him job applications to places he’s like nah man fuck that
[close]

u bring job applications to the skatepark

holy fuckin' shit
[close]

I have gotten a few skaters jobs. I have trouble ignore people that are living in there car/struggling to survive at home with their families. Getting someone a job application to a place u know the owners are cool is like the least I can do to help someone

Thank you for being a quality human, cherry!
AW YEAH

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2022, 05:33:34 PM »
Show my hiney to the locals

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2022, 06:19:28 PM »
Show up wearing a late-90s WWF/WCW shirt. For some reason, that is the great unifier that all seem to be good with.
One of my favorite skate t-shirts is an old XL white tee from the early 2000s that just has a big headshot of a golden retriever and the Invisible Fence logo on it in blue lettering. Puts people at ease and is a great conversation starter.

I always try to show up with extra grams of weed I've picked up that I'm not a fan of and just gift them to the most appropriate person. It's Portland so there's a lot of weed to go around.

Just try to crack jokes here and there and keep it light with fun energy. No one wants a debbie downer.

That said, I still hate showing up to the park and it's packed. Mornings before 10 or 11 are the only time to go. 

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2022, 07:32:49 PM »
When I want to fit in at the cool park downtown I’ll throw my board, scream, spit, and drink alcohol from glass bottles. The kids love it and accept me right away.

deathturd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2022, 07:38:25 PM »
Develop a long-lasting, tender loving relationship with the best skater at the park.

I'll forever cherish our unbreakable bond. Love you always.

companguero

• Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2022, 09:29:16 PM »

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2022, 10:53:39 PM »

10/10 meme

I go super early so there isn't anyone for me to fit in with.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DefNotJimmy

• Rep: -16
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2022, 11:08:21 PM »
Piss in the shower even tho I think it's pretty degenerative but apparently everyone does it.

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2022, 11:13:15 PM »
Dress like Nyjjah Houston baby!
get those compression shorts hugging your nutZ. 

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2022, 11:19:12 PM »

5e dice roller
hahahaha this is fucking killing me! what was the thought process? its really no different than a band poster i guess.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2022, 04:23:21 AM »
past 30 when in a new spot or city the protocol is to be baseline friendly, so hellos and nods are fine. but no small talk, no introductions and shit. no one gives a shit where your old ass hailed from (yet). generally interactions should be focused on people of similar age. just be a normal person skating the park. if you become a regular you will get to know some locals fast enough.

only creeps focus on being cool with the kids, sure way to make yourself look like a weirdo. treat anyone that is ten or more years your minor with maximum contempt, as is the norm in our society. now at 36 i basically act like teenagers don't exist. when some teen skater asks me something i either act like i didn't hear it or i do the thing where i stare through them as if they weren't there and was actually slightly looking past them, but in a way that they aren't sure. it makes them uncomfortable and makes them never ask me anything ever again. it's perfect.

alternatively you could make a t-shirt that either says "hi, my name is fineslime, how are you doing friend?" or if you are like me it could say "don't talk to me motherfucker"

boogs

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2022, 05:40:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m also 30 I just want to be left alone. I hate being mid trick and people start doing the yew or clapping that shit drives me insane.

I usually bring extra old gear cuz there’s always that rando kid with the jankiest set up. I guess this is my one way of fitting in but it’s more just guilt of having so much shit while others have nothing I don’t care if the person I give the shit to likes me. The last board I gave to this super annoying kid that always complains about being broke but when I bring him job applications to places he’s like nah man fuck that
[close]

holy fuckin' shit
[close]

I have gotten a few skaters jobs. I have trouble ignore people that are living in there car/struggling to survive at home with their families. Getting someone a job application to a place u know the owners are cool is like the least I can do to help someone
[close]
i have only ever hired fellow skaters at the place i ran.
the first person i ever hired was Nate Broussard. he was a good worker too.
[close]

I’m intrigued… what job did he preform? Was this during adio/bueno? How are his nuts after that naked lipslide?
he mostly used a machine to fill bottles with liquid skin care products. Adio days for sure. Wayne Patrick was another employee of mine also. he worked with me the longest and also was a good worker.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2022, 06:34:23 AM »
I don’t want to fit in in my late phase II of skateboarding and it would be pointless to try. A lot of the stuff considered cool in skate culture (baggy pants, light blue jeans, beanies in warm weather, smoking weed randomly in public, having the stunted sociopolitical views of a gender studies major at University of Vermont, pissing off random people while they are trying to work an actual job/get some sleep between shifts, etc etc) will get you kooked everywhere else in life, I promise you.

OldSkater

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2022, 06:40:34 AM »
I don’t want to fit in in my late phase II of skateboarding and it would be pointless to try. A lot of the stuff considered cool in skate culture (baggy pants, light blue jeans, beanies in warm weather, smoking weed randomly in public, having the stunted sociopolitical views of a gender studies major at University of Vermont, pissing off random people while they are trying to work an actual job/get some sleep between shifts, etc etc) will get you kooked everywhere else in life, I promise you.

you sir are a kook

somefucker

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2022, 06:42:58 AM »

whats her name bro

who hurt you

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2022, 07:07:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

holy fuckin' shit
[close]

[close]

Thank you for being a quality human, cherry!

and this is how you change the world. thank you, sir.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2022, 08:29:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you sir are a kook

Expand Quote
[close]

whats her name bro

who hurt you

You guys should like…fuck.

jems

• Rep: 6
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2022, 09:00:27 AM »
Expand Quote

5e dice roller
[close]
hahahaha this is fucking killing me! what was the thought process? its really no different than a band poster i guess.

i guess i’m obsessed with cameras and i thought it would be funny as fuck to have a flag of a vx in my room. i made it on some website but i’m the only one in my residence who thinks it’s funny. not even sure why i chose the 1000 cause i own a vx2000 instead.
please send me tapes

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2022, 10:02:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

5e dice roller
[close]
[close]

i guess i’m obsessed with cameras and i thought it would be funny as fuck to have a flag of a vx in my room. i made it on some website but i’m the only one in my residence who thinks it’s funny. not even sure why i chose the 1000 cause i own a vx2000 instead.
I think the blank white background makes it worse. Tie dye that shit or something.