Author Topic: POLARIZER THREAD (60s/70s style boards)  (Read 34196 times)

Powdered Toast Man!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
Re: POLARIZER THREAD (60s/70s style boards)
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2022, 07:15:06 PM »
i'm out here in alaska working a seasonal job and had the luck to cop the trucks and the polarizer last week! can't wait to return home and set it up, haven't this excited for a toy in a while!
i've seen posts of hewitt and other sd people on it but
if any of you pals here would please post a vid of yourselves riding your polarizer that would be oh so neat.
will gnar when i'm able to gnar.
my nipples are lactating of excitement ngl

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

IpathCats

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2022, 05:34:16 AM »
Been loving this little guy, rips super hard. I totally ate shit on my regular board after riding this thing around for a while. Adjusting these little trucks is driving me nuts, but i think im getting it honed in alright.

George Vallore

• Rep: 15
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2022, 11:05:05 AM »
FYI for anyone switching over to the BBS boards and taking their old polarizer set up with them:

WATCH OUT FOR WHEEL BITE.

My setup on the super convex board let me take some close calls, this next flatter board does not.
Took a hard FS carve on a steep bank that I do all the time and that shit bit hard.

Got some cool pink KT tape from my partner, though, so it's cool.

IpathCats

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2022, 11:07:48 AM »
FYI for anyone switching over to the BBS boards and taking their old polarizer set up with them:

My setup on the super convex board let me take some close calls, this next flatter board does not.
Took a hard FS carve on a steep bank that I do all the time and that shit bit hard.

Got some cool pink KT tape from my partner, though, so it's cool.

Considering using a dremel and making some wheel wells on mine. i bit once pretty good, was able to hop off though.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2022, 11:23:52 AM »
Anyone with PS stix looking to sell/trade please hit me up, thank you!
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2022, 02:13:01 AM »
Taking a very long time but I'm almost ready with both the Hewitt and a spoof wooden one I've made by myself with cut rollerblade trucks.

Are the Ruff Riders the best wheels to use? I have found out that the small trucks are very tiny and conical wheels touch the insides.

Thanks
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 88
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2022, 03:42:07 AM »

Why would that be? I'd have though the flatter deck would be less likely to get wheel bite. Maybe you're getting more leverage, so the trucks are turning more.

IpathCats

« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2022, 04:35:55 AM »
Taking a very long time but I'm almost ready with both the Hewitt and a spoof wooden one I've made by myself with cut rollerblade trucks.

Are the Ruff Riders the best wheels to use? I have found out that the small trucks are very tiny and conical wheels touch the insides.

Thanks

I had to use like 3-4 washers on the inside of the axle to push the rough riders out far enough so they wouldnt rub.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2022, 04:50:12 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks
[close]

Ah shit, I'm having the same problem, maybe something shaped like Spitfire Tablets?

I had to use like 3-4 washers on the inside of the axle to push the rough riders out far enough so they wouldnt rub.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2022, 07:56:32 AM »

Thanks
blender himself uses rough riders. 3 washers on the inside for the 56mm ones.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2022, 08:02:59 AM »
Rough Riders for sure. Powerdyne hop up kit bushings. I’ve never had much wheelbite with my Watson made HW polarizer. Got a few burns but haven’t been tossed and I’ve ridden that thing hard for years

George Vallore

« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2022, 08:38:49 AM »

Went ahead and re-set up the PS Stix deck (red wheels), since the wheelbite was legit on the BBS (green wheels).

Put my JOGGER Sure Grip roller skate trucks on the BBS, since the truck has about 3/8" more axle height than the
ACS trucks. Switched over the Powerdyne 82A bottom barrels on all trucks, keeping the 78A top barrels.

The BBS now doesn't wheel bite on frontside turns, but feels completely different than the OG deck. I think I prefer
the OG, it's lower to the ground and can turn super sharp in a pinch.

But my foot does like the flat of the BBS, it's easier on the arches for sure.

Ultimately, I think I like the PS Stix better. It's more unique and once you get accustomed to the convex, it feels much more
surfy.

I used to give so many friends shit for being so meticulous about their setups and which woodshops their decks came from, and now I understand.

IpathCats

« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2022, 09:22:15 AM »

Went ahead and re-set up the PS Stix deck (red wheels), since the wheelbite was legit on the BBS (green wheels).

Put my JOGGER Sure Grip roller skate trucks on the BBS, since the truck has about 3/8" more axle height than the
ACS trucks. Switched over the Powerdyne 82A bottom barrels on all trucks, keeping the 78A top barrels.

The BBS now doesn't wheel bite on frontside turns, but feels completely different than the OG deck. I think I prefer

Ultimately, I think I like the PS Stix better. It's more unique and once you get accustomed to the convex, it feels much more
surfy.

I used to give so many friends shit for being so meticulous about their setups and which woodshops their decks came from, and now I understand.

I've never ridden a PS polarizer, but i am in love with the shape/flex/feel of my BBS. I dont think i would like a more exaggerated shape but who knows? I'm quite happy with my purchase however. I cant decide whether you throw some stickers on the bottom and have my lady use her art skills and paint pens on the grip, or just to leave it all clean and blank. I gripped the whole top with jessup, no cutouts or bolt holes since i used wood screws.

thanksgiving

« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2022, 03:53:41 PM »
Expand Quote

surfy.

[close]

I've never ridden a PS polarizer, but i am in love with the shape/flex/feel of my BBS. I dont think i would like a more exaggerated shape but who knows? I'm quite happy with my purchase however. I cant decide whether you throw some stickers on the bottom and have my lady use her art skills and paint pens on the grip, or just to leave it all clean and blank. I gripped the whole top with jessup, no cutouts or bolt holes since i used wood screws.
i feel like a basic grip job is breaking some unspoken polarizer rule!
adore george’s center stripe

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2022, 06:39:48 PM »
Got some BONT 78a bushings, cone tops barrel bottoms. Night and day over the Indy bushings. Stack height is the same as the stock sure grip bushings so the geometry is intact and the ride is super soft and surfy. Gotta grab some rough riders and take it to the next level

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2022, 06:53:16 PM »
Well then…Scroll to the 5th for relevance.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfR6VjnM4Mo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
🤯

fernando the skater

« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2022, 01:56:49 AM »
Looks to be a misprinted PS Stix version. The "wrong" way around.

George Vallore

« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2022, 03:02:38 AM »
i feel like a basic grip job is breaking some unspoken polarizer rule!
adore george’s center stripe

Pfft on the rules. Have fun, make it your own.

The stripes are a callback to the "stringer" in surfboards.

The damn polarizer is shaped like a pig model for crying out loud!

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2022, 06:55:33 AM »
🤯
just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

some kid at the skatepark was fascinated with my polarizer and asked to take a ride. he immediately tried to do a shuvit and i scolded him and took it back lol

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2022, 08:28:57 AM »
Expand Quote
🤯
[close]
just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

some kid at the skatepark was fascinated with my polarizer and asked to take a ride. he immediately tried to do a shuvit and i scolded him and took it back lol

Haha I’ve done the same, but once a kid rolled into a huge quarter and kick flipped mine and I ain’t frontin on that. Was straight up amazing.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2022, 02:08:59 PM »

Here's mine. I've had this a few years. A friend of mine has like 12 of them and hooked me up with an old deck of his. I had to get all the parts though. The best part, imo, was going to the rollerskate shop and buying an old skate. Then ripping the skate off the boot and sawing it up to make the trucks. That experience was everything. Riding it is fun. Its fast and tippy. Dangerous but safe. I really just use it occasionally as a cruiser. It's also the perfect size to put under this piece of metal I carry around when I need to make an up curb ramp. That's honestly its main use.  ;D
18.6" axle to axle WB.
56 rough riders. 3 washers on the inside. If you get 58s or bigger, you need to shave the inside of the wheel to avoid rub.

Polarizer rules state wood screws only (actually sheet metal). But I was too rough with mine, skating a rock spot. I tore off my back truck completely. So I had to drill through and added these 2 regular bolts, one on each side. Hid them with a grip scrap on top though.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 03:40:18 PM by handsclapanin »

thanksgiving

« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2022, 07:58:34 PM »

Here's mine. I've had this a few years. A friend of mine has like 12 of them and hooked me up with an old deck of his. I had to get all the parts though. The best part, imo, was going to the rollerskate shop and buying an old skate. Then ripping the skate off the boot and sawing it up to make the trucks. That experience was everything. Riding it is fun. Its fast and tippy. Dangerous but safe. I really just use it occasionally as a cruiser. It's also the perfect size to put under this piece of metal I carry around when I need to make an up curb ramp. That's honestly its main use.  ;D
18.6" axle to axle WB.
56 rough riders. 3 washers on the inside. If you get 58s or bigger, you need to shave the inside of the wheel to avoid rub.

Polarizer rules state wood screws only (actually sheet metal). But I was too rough with mine, skating a rock spot. I tore off my back truck completely. So I had to drill through and added these 2 regular bolts, one on each side. Hid them with a grip scrap on top though.
love the stain color!

tell your friend to post on here!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2022, 05:04:45 AM »
How the heck does your mate have 12?  I had to check in with Blender a millllion times over a bunch of years before I could nab one.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2022, 08:24:41 AM »
How the heck does your mate have 12?  I had to check in with Blender a millllion times over a bunch of years before I could nab one.
My friend and others like him are the reason no one has been able to get their hands on these until recently. He's in Blenders circle so to speak. These boards have gone through a lot of little tweaks and different manufacturers, always in small batches. So the circle gobbles them up before they ever get out to the public.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2022, 05:26:55 PM »

18.6" axle to axle WB.

That’s beautiful.
@radcunt is right. It was nearly impossible to get them 5/6 years ago. I know someone that kept hitting Neil up for almost 6 years before Neil gave him a used one. Although to be fair, getting one he rode is pretty rad.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
Re: POLARIZER THREAD (60s/70s style board
« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2022, 08:34:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My friend and others like him are the reason no one has been able to get their hands on these until recently. He's in Blenders circle so to speak. These boards have gone through a lot of little tweaks and different manufacturers, always in small batches. So the circle gobbles them up before they ever get out to the public.

Thats what I figured. Was pretty sick deslimg with Neil directly, he seems like a good dude. I got a Watson one and the vert board in 2018, love it.

George Vallore

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2022, 02:10:32 AM »

Heated Wheel new polarizers have dropped.

go get 'em if ya want 'em.

Curious as to whether or not they are BBS or PS Stix. Will report back when known.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 03:32:31 AM by George Vallore »

fernando the skater

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2022, 03:40:33 AM »
Nice. No mention of formica, so I'd bet on BBS.

IpathCats

« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2022, 09:35:49 AM »
Those new graphics are pretty cool. I think i still wouldve ended up getting the plain black if i waited though. That one with the car is sick.

thanksgiving

« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2022, 10:54:37 PM »
use 496132 for 15% off your order. one time use. cheers boys.