Author Topic: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ  (Read 173210 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2022, 01:55:13 AM »

Mikey’s apparently on some NKA vids shit these days:

What a coup!
That Mikey Alfred guy just disguised a paid Fatburger advert in the trappings of an Ill Civ lifestyle video & got a bunch of ding-dongs like me to watch it, generating additional revenue.
I detest the dude, but I’ve got to hand it to him, that’s some grift.
Heckuva way to make a living.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2022, 07:02:48 AM »
If 100 people comment FatBurger is Ass, we'll start uploading every second Friday lol
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2022, 07:52:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Mikeys a suss cunt. Who’s gonna do the deep dive to find out what fucked mega rich republican is his dad.
[close]

Pretty sure Bob Evans.  Well, like-his-dad.

BOB EVANS: (turning white, clutching his chest with one hand, phone in the other) ...Errrkkkk...
MIKEY ALFRED: I've already typed it up for you! Just press "Enter"!

Wow he dedicated his last moments to
This dogshit cunt. What’s goin on.

rickdizzo

• Rep: 15
  • I'M THE WHITE LIAM NEESON
« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2022, 11:36:14 AM »
having a mega republican dad does make it a little funnier that he named the main black guy in his feature film ‘Adolf’

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2022, 12:28:39 PM »
"Whole team didn’t leave by the way. Everyone was getting paid, then when sales needed to pay salaries everyone slowed down promotion and eventually there’s no money. I still have hundreds of Zach and alex boards that are getting resanded to other graphics lol. Business lesson number 1 when the products don’t sell, stop the bleeding. Kevin white still skates for ic as a pro because he still promotes his board, alex and Zach got cut. All love tho as homies, just business."

"did I let them fall out of my hands or put them on to once and a lifetime opportunities. Still doing it now, most recently with Ralph Lauren, check the score board! I wish I had fans who would speak up for me in these comment sections. They support me quietly which is totally cool too"

It's honestly worth skipping through than just reading people go in on Mikey in the comments.

Edit: It's basically all in his IG stories as well. Man has lost the plot.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 177
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2022, 12:45:03 PM »
This seems like beginning of Mike Alfred’s skate-sized Antonio Brown esque meltdown.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2022, 01:07:14 PM »
This seems like beginning of Mike Alfred’s skate-sized Antonio Brown esque meltdown.
I’ll get the popcorn!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 177
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2022, 01:39:41 PM »
"Whole team didn’t leave by the way. Everyone was getting paid, then when sales needed to pay salaries everyone slowed down promotion and eventually there’s no money. I still have hundreds of Zach and alex boards that are getting resanded to other graphics lol. Business lesson number 1 when the products don’t sell, stop the bleeding. Kevin white still skates for ic as a pro because he still promotes his board, alex and Zach got cut. All love tho as homies, just business."

"did I let them fall out of my hands or put them on to once and a lifetime opportunities. Still doing it now, most recently with Ralph Lauren, check the score board! I wish I had fans who would speak up for me in these comment sections. They support me quietly which is totally cool too"

It's honestly worth skipping through than just reading people go in on Mikey in the comments.

One of my favorite parts.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #248 on: October 15, 2022, 04:37:56 PM »
Just when I thought he couldn't get any worse. Mikey Alfred is the biggest pretender in skateboarding. Someone get that dude the fuck away from those kids.

rickdizzo

« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2022, 05:04:15 PM »
posting youtube comments on IG saying how weird it is that your with little kids and calling them Karen’s gotta be one the least self aware things you can do online

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2022, 05:04:29 PM »
Can’t believe dude just went right out & got himself another Seraceno kid.
Zach’s body ain’t even cold yet, let alone officially landed on any new sponsors (I know, I know… TJs “crown” brand.)
Rude, Mikey.
Rude & insensitive.
It’s too soon.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2022, 05:25:06 PM »
what is Mikey's background and how did he end up connected in the industry? Where did he come from?  I feel like he just kind of appeared a few years ago. He can barely skate and has no legitimate talent. Did he have some sort of financial backing to buy into the industry? Is he a Hollywood plant?

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2022, 05:40:12 PM »

This statement shows the fragility of his ego and what he holds to be important when it comes to running a business. Sales could be absolutely tanked and his whole team can quit but as long as kids in YouTube comments leave him fire emojis he's leading the industry.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 05:46:54 PM by fineslime »

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2022, 06:24:16 PM »
Lmao the illegal civ instagram story is actually hilarious right now. Mikey is losing it. clearly he is having a hard time realizing people only liked IC for the skaters (the few that did) and not him. He can’t take the criticism without taking it personally.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2022, 07:00:10 PM »
I do a little bit worry that that dude is getting brigaded right now. He's kooky but that shit can be pretty fucking debilitating especially if you're head maybe isn't totally glued on right.

what is Mikey's background and how did he end up connected in the industry? Where did he come from?  I feel like he just kind of appeared a few years ago. He can barely skate and has no legitimate talent. Did he have some sort of financial backing to buy into the industry? Is he a Hollywood plant?
Mikey's mom was the personal assistant to Robert Evans who was kinda the last Hollywood studio mogul before the corporations started buying up all the studios. Broad stokes; the deal with him was that the studio system basically collapsed in the wake of the cultural change of the 60s. Evans was the guy who knew how to look at potential movies and see if they would hit with a big audience, even if on paper they seemed like a wild pitch. Packages like Roman Polanski directing Rosemary's Baby (a huge hit) woulda never happened without Evan's involvement. It would have almost certainly gone to some aging but reliable director with the movie most likely forgotten today. And then there's The Godfather. It was a trashy checkout line bestseller and somehow Coppola made what he made and a lot of that was Evan's guidance as well. He could make hits when the other studios had mostly collapsed trying to.

Part of me thinks Mikey is aware of Robert Evan's ability to parse cultural change and turn it into revenue and that he aspires to do the same. Pretty crummy track record so far though.

them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: October 15, 2022, 07:28:34 PM »
I do a little bit worry that that dude is getting brigaded right now. He's kooky but that shit can be pretty fucking debilitating especially if you're head maybe isn't totally glued on right.

Expand Quote
[close]
Mikey's mom was the personal assistant to Robert Evans who was kinda the last Hollywood studio mogul before the corporations started buying up all the studios. Broad stokes; the deal with him was that the studio system basically collapsed in the wake of the cultural change of the 60s. Evans was the guy who knew how to look at potential movies and see if they would hit with a big audience, even if on paper they seemed like a wild pitch. Packages like Roman Polanski directing Rosemary's Baby (a huge hit) woulda never happened without Evan's involvement. It would have almost certainly gone to some aging but reliable director with the movie most likely forgotten today. And then there's The Godfather. It was a trashy checkout line bestseller and somehow Coppola made what he made and a lot of that was Evan's guidance as well. He could make hits when the other studios had mostly collapsed trying to.

Part of me thinks Mikey is aware of Robert Evan's ability to parse cultural change and turn it into revenue and that he aspires to do the same. Pretty crummy track record so far though.

hey thanks for the response. this makes total sense now that you've made the connection. so he's a Hollywood wanna be who settled in the skate industry pretty much... I never realized he can't actually skate, but then again I didn't know much about him at all. I always thought he was the filmer who realized he wasn't gonna be pro but could still rip on some level.

I also get what you're saying about the shit storm racking him mentally. I don't wish poor mental health or an episode on the guy,  but if you can't handle criticism (but openly welcome public praise) you shouldn't be a public figure or run a business that plays so heavily into public feedback. Most people aren't really cut out for that shit.

Edit:

At around 2 mins he outs himself as another typical Hollywood entertainment kook that only associates himself with people that he can get something out of. The funny thing is he thinks he's saying something profound when really he sounds scummy and opportunistic. People like this give off the most disingenuous and needy vibes. Yeah, needy is exactly the word I'd use to describe him after watching this. What a strange guy.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 07:38:15 PM by fineslime »

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #256 on: October 15, 2022, 07:50:52 PM »
If Mikey’s delusions of grandeur weren’t so extreme you’d almost feel bad for the guy

As annoying as he often is, Midler deserves to pop up on the roster of a real board sponsor

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #257 on: October 15, 2022, 09:23:34 PM »
so he’s sanding off hundreds of ex-rider’s graphics in order to resell them as new? whole team leaves, he says he kicked them off because they weren’t promoting his shitty graphics/brand enough. assorts a new squad of children as the team because they’re of the same mindset & are too young to see the graphics as a child’s garbage art. even before all of that, he publicly trash talks spike jonze in an interview to seem edgy and gain more attention. i hope he’s teaching business/art classes soon, he’s obviously very well versed.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: October 15, 2022, 09:34:15 PM »
Ok so you reckon Robert Evans got funding for him for his movies? His dad was in jail, anyone know what for? I need more info on his background and his finance situation that floats his bullshit as he’s super comfortable with it but stinks of new money. It’s fascinating.

rickdizzo

« Reply #259 on: October 15, 2022, 11:16:17 PM »
i thought he was able to fund his stuff because he linked up with Tyler the Creator, Golf Wang group where he made a album documentary for tyler, which then got him to Jonah Hill and all that mid90s stuff and that snowballed him to “pls give me money for my shitty skateboard movie”

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2022, 12:06:14 AM »
He definitely has rich parent vibes, he’s a fully formed douchebag but too amped about it. Like his dad struck oil or some shit.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2022, 12:44:13 AM »
Seems like your standard so cal grifter. These guys are everywhere now a days. It’s a subtle art, where the idea of genuine substance and hard work no longer exist

FAT

• Rep: -20
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2022, 12:58:51 AM »
Just when I thought he couldn't get any worse. Mikey Alfred is the biggest pretender in skateboarding. Someone get that dude the fuck away from those kids.

I feel like the only sane explanation is the guy experienced ego death at a young age, and now he just complacently shits out hyper pseudo-corporate content just cause he can.

manysnakes

« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2022, 06:13:01 AM »
Seems like your standard so cal grifter. These guys are everywhere now a days. It’s a subtle art, where the idea of genuine substance and hard work no longer exist

Yeah this is a type of guy as old as America, we just haven't had a lot of them in prominent roles within skateboarding before.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2022, 07:47:02 AM »
It’s always the business men who discount the team as being the main source of interest from the consumer.
“My art and vision are what the kids really want. I can get any young kid to huck themselves down some sets and let the cash roll in.”
While it plays an integral part in the brand you can have bad graphics and still kill it if you have the other pieces in place.
I hope Baker boys ran from this flaming turd a while back. Andrew is always willing to give brands a chance. Seems like it rarely pans out though.

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2022, 08:28:53 AM »
smoking weed with kids is so fucking weird and not ok

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2022, 08:45:37 AM »
so he’s sanding off hundreds of ex-rider’s graphics in order to resell them as new? whole team leaves, he says he kicked them off because they weren’t promoting his shitty graphics/brand enough. assorts a new squad of children as the team because they’re of the same mindset & are too young to see the graphics as a child’s garbage art. even before all of that, he publicly trash talks spike jonze in an interview to seem edgy and gain more attention. i hope he’s teaching business/art classes soon, he’s obviously very well versed.

won't sanding graphics off diminish the quality of the wood on some level? IC is the only company where the value of a board goes up with a sanded off graphic.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2022, 11:08:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

won't sanding graphics off diminish the quality of the wood on some level? IC is the only company where the value of a board goes up with a sanded off graphic.
he clearly doesnt know you can just heat transfer over a graphic with another. waste of time and money.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -415
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2022, 11:47:26 AM »
Carbon steel pans are very similar and a nice lighter alternative to cast iron, probably good for camping trips etc.

That's my contribution to the cast iron pan thread.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 52
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2022, 12:39:57 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

hey thanks for the response. this makes total sense now that you've made the connection. so he's a Hollywood wanna be who settled in the skate industry pretty much... I never realized he can't actually skate, but then again I didn't know much about him at all. I always thought he was the filmer who realized he wasn't gonna be pro but could still rip on some level.

I also get what you're saying about the shit storm racking him mentally. I don't wish poor mental health or an episode on the guy,  but if you can't handle criticism (but openly welcome public praise) you shouldn't be a public figure or run a business that plays so heavily into public feedback. Most people aren't really cut out for that shit.

Edit:

At around 2 mins he outs himself as another typical Hollywood entertainment kook that only associates himself with people that he can get something out of. The funny thing is he thinks he's saying something profound when really he sounds scummy and opportunistic. People like this give off the most disingenuous and needy vibes. Yeah, needy is exactly the word I'd use to describe him after watching this. What a strange guy.