Author Topic: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ  (Read 173212 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
Re: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ
« Reply #930 on: November 07, 2022, 01:16:42 PM »
He has an agent for sure because he was just posting about the 750K he got for getting North Hollywood up on Showtime. Now take a wild guess what parent company owns Showtime! They just rebranded too

Viacom?   I don’t get it

Sketch Hitchcock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #931 on: November 07, 2022, 01:25:24 PM »
Expand Quote
He has an agent for sure because he was just posting about the 750K he got for getting North Hollywood up on Showtime. Now take a wild guess what parent company owns Showtime! They just rebranded too
[close]

Viacom?   I don’t get it

Viacom = Paramount. 

Seems like more coincidence than anything meaningful.  I’m sure Showtime needs cheap content for their service, and $750K was just the most money his agents (seems like WME / Endeavor content represented the film) could get for the streaming rights.  Also, not sure what the waterfall looks like, but with all of Mikey’s probable investors who financed the film, guessing he’s not keeping the whole pie.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #932 on: November 07, 2022, 01:46:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Viacom?   I don’t get it
[close]

Viacom = Paramount. 

Seems like more coincidence than anything meaningful.  I’m sure Showtime needs cheap content for their service, and $750K was just the most money his agents (seems like WME / Endeavor content represented the film) could get for the streaming rights.  Also, not sure what the waterfall looks like, but with all of Mikey’s probable investors who financed the film, guessing he’s not keeping the whole pie.

Or any of it if the reported budget is accurate

manysnakes

« Reply #933 on: November 07, 2022, 02:43:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Viacom?   I don’t get it
[close]

Viacom = Paramount. 

[close]

Yeah, it has always been my understanding that it’s actually pretty uncommon for movies of this size to make any money.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3383
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #934 on: November 07, 2022, 03:21:52 PM »
I NEEEEEEED one of those Illy Civ capes, y'all!

graibe

• Rep: -53
« Reply #935 on: November 07, 2022, 03:23:47 PM »
Mikey Alfred probably can't even ride a skateboard. I don't ever seen him really do it. He just likes to smoke out kids and give them burgers. Kinda suspect if you ask me.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #936 on: November 07, 2022, 04:00:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Viacom?   I don’t get it
[close]

Viacom = Paramount. 

ohhh right - ok i wasn't making the robert evans connection there because that was the gulf + western days 50 years ago.

Showtime def traffics in a lot of indie/cheap features for their service, so this was easy grist for their mill.   

also, love that you're discussing the waterfall

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #937 on: November 07, 2022, 04:07:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Viacom?   I don’t get it
[close]

Viacom = Paramount. 

[close]

[close]

Yeah, it has always been my understanding that it’s actually pretty uncommon for movies of this size to make any money.

i'd say the goal of a movie like this is to sell it to a distributor at a major festival and that's where you can make money.

however, this movie never made it into any of the buyers' festivals and every distributor passed on it when they did showcase screenings, so they basically had to go "the self-published ebook on amazon" route and release it straight to apple tv.   

budget-wise, the lions' share likely went to Vince Vaughn and Miranda Cosgrove.  I highly doubt either of them would take points on this, but I wouldn't doubt if they got something.   Prints & Adverstising usually is a hidden cost that can, for major movies, get pretty pricey (i forget how close to the shooting budget it gets).

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 177
« Reply #938 on: November 07, 2022, 05:08:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Viacom?   I don’t get it
[close]

Viacom = Paramount. 

[close]

[close]

[close]

i'd say the goal of a movie like this is to sell it to a distributor at a major festival and that's where you can make money.

however, this movie never made it into any of the buyers' festivals and every distributor passed on it when they did showcase screenings, so they basically had to go "the self-published ebook on amazon" route and release it straight to apple tv.   

budget-wise, the lions' share likely went to Vince Vaughn and Miranda Cosgrove.  I highly doubt either of them would take points on this, but I wouldn't doubt if they got something.   Prints & Adverstising usually is a hidden cost that can, for major movies, get pretty pricey (i forget how close to the shooting budget it gets).

P&A usually equals the production budget, which is why a lot of distributors claimed they weren’t the right marketing partners for the film, they have to acquire the film then spend that much again marketing the film. 

It’s why a lot of films die on the shelf, it’s often easier to not commit the marketing spend and just dump it to VOD, instead of going deeper into a sunk cost.  But sometimes a film that didnt turn out well will have a screen number commitment - say a wide release of 2K screens or something, but it will just last a weekend - all contractual.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 289
« Reply #939 on: November 07, 2022, 05:40:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dude, there was more than 34 people in pitcrew when krooked 3d premiered
[close]

gnar'd for pitcrew (RIP) reference.

Embark seems to be doing well.
[close]

I don’t think pitcrew should be in the same thread as Mikey Alfred, but here we are lol. Isn’t at least one of the same guys doing Embark now?
[close]

I believe so.
Brent runs Embark. Brent was a long time employee at Pitcrew. (Malcom and Tim were the owners.) It's a good shop and Brent is a good guy. Def stop by if you're in the area (or order something online).

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #940 on: November 07, 2022, 06:51:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Viacom?   I don’t get it
[close]

Viacom = Paramount. 

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

P&A usually equals the production budget, which is why a lot of distributors claimed they weren’t the right marketing partners for the film, they have to acquire the film then spend that much again marketing the film. 

It’s why a lot of films die on the shelf, it’s often easier to not commit the marketing spend and just dump it to VOD, instead of going deeper into a sunk cost.  But sometimes a film that didnt turn out well will have a screen number commitment - say a wide release of 2K screens or something, but it will just last a weekend - all contractual.

as someone who recently started working in this industry, you are pretty dead on.

i've screened a lot of movies since working this job, most of them have bigger names than vince vaughn and miranda cosgrave and even that isn't good enough to pick up, let alone market for VOD or TVOD. sometimes even the agents representing the film demand a lot because of star power, but at the end of the day - it won't make money for the distributor. now there are some shitty films we pick up, ex. a boring thriller starring one of the leads from Game of Thrones? fuck it, people will watch it and they have. and it pays itself off.

but, skater-drama-comedy with minor supporting roles with vince vaughn and miranda cosgrove, with a director who is demanding A, B, C for his movie? nah... not worth the risk to lose money on something that won't pick up steam and ultimately will have a company lose money.

also wouldn't be surprising if mikey had this movie submitted for every film fest under the sun, and got rejected at each one.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 07:13:52 PM by left knee cap »

IpathCats

« Reply #941 on: November 07, 2022, 07:23:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don’t think pitcrew should be in the same thread as Mikey Alfred, but here we are lol. Isn’t at least one of the same guys doing Embark now?
[close]

I believe so.
[close]
Brent runs Embark. Brent was a long time employee at Pitcrew. (Malcom and Tim were the owners.) It's a good shop and Brent is a good guy. Def stop by if you're in the area (or order something online).

Embark and Venue are the closest legit shops near me with decent online stores. I always check them first before other shops.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 118
« Reply #942 on: November 07, 2022, 10:09:18 PM »
Expand Quote

HAHA this is embarrassing

[close]

How many of the 34 supporters are family? If he couldn't pay the riders, I doubt his family is getting any freebies.

20 family members
10 kids mikey forced to buy tickets after getting them stoned and in a burger coma
2 doritos reps
2 idiots that actually like IC and think the art is "deep"

Notice he says "gotten" not "bought" or "purchased".......
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 11:41:30 PM by Ghost Face »
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #943 on: November 07, 2022, 11:22:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I believe so.
[close]
Big fan of Tim & Malc.
Those dudes turned me onto a young shop rider back in the day; went by the name of… Worrest, I think it was? Something like that.
Those two did a lot to keep the scene thriving.
Top dudes.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

IpathCats

« Reply #944 on: November 08, 2022, 05:04:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I believe so.
[close]
[close]
Big fan of Tim & Malc.
Those dudes turned me onto a young shop rider back in the day; went by the name of… Worrest, I think it was? Something like that.
Those two did a lot to keep the scene thriving.
Top dudes.

I was a little ass dorky grom when PITCREW was in its prime. They were like 3-ish hours from me so i never went as a kid. But growing up, i knew that they were the cool guy MD skateshop. All the rippers in the DMV rocked their shit. I only visited once before they shutdown.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 698
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #945 on: November 08, 2022, 05:23:08 AM »
Lol I dont think mikeys agent would be too keen on calling a 16 year old kid to tell him he owes michael 700k for skate clips

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #946 on: November 08, 2022, 05:35:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I believe so.
[close]
Thanks for the update, will do.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #947 on: November 08, 2022, 05:55:26 AM »
Brent runs Embark on that street that the 207 Pitcrew shop was at. Keep going so he can make it as big as Pitcrew. The last location they had, Daan Van Der Linden came in and said “is this a bowling alley” because of how big it was. The 880 store.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #948 on: November 08, 2022, 06:13:59 AM »
Brent runs Embark on that street that the 207 Pitcrew shop was at. Keep going so he can make it as big as Pitcrew. The last location they had, Daan Van Der Linden came in and said “is this a bowling alley” because of how big it was. The 880 store.

Yeah that last spot was huge, I was thinking they could if built a park right there. But it was kinda in the middle of no where compared to the OG location. Embark seems to be picking up steam, I hope it does just as well as pitcrew.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #949 on: November 08, 2022, 06:40:19 AM »
how long until Mikey goes MAGA

323-BALM

• Rep: 50
« Reply #950 on: November 08, 2022, 06:43:35 AM »
how long until Mikey goes MAGA

90 days. From a couple weeks ago
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -510
« Reply #951 on: November 08, 2022, 06:51:40 AM »
Arin posted questions on her ig and one was asking about a part and her response was I’m at 690k so pretty soon. I love that everyone in the industry is just taking the piss with this guy.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #952 on: November 08, 2022, 06:52:28 AM »
Mikey fired shots at himself change the thread title.

IpathCats

« Reply #953 on: November 08, 2022, 06:58:33 AM »
Arin posted questions on her ig and one was asking about a part and her response was I’m at 690k so pretty soon. I love that everyone in the industry is just taking the piss with this guy.

That's fucking hilarious.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #954 on: November 08, 2022, 09:12:58 AM »
Mikey Alfred probably can't even ride a skateboard. I don't ever seen him really do it. He just likes to smoke out kids and give them burgers. Kinda suspect if you ask me.

Okay so, I was pretty neutral on him. His appearance, his outfits, his voice, his arrogance, his Doritos commercial, I didn't have any opinion about him.
Then I saw clip somewhere on this forum where he was skating. The way he did a fs halfcab offended me.

*I don't want this thread to ever disappear.
What is Mikey up to? Did he already premier his video?
IG: @flowterspace

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #955 on: November 08, 2022, 09:25:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Okay so, I was pretty neutral on him. His appearance, his outfits, his voice, his arrogance, his Doritos commercial, I didn't have any opinion about him.
Then I saw clip somewhere on this forum where he was skating. The way he did a fs halfcab offended me.

I've seen proof of him skating. It's not pretty. Very stiff

IpathCats

« Reply #956 on: November 08, 2022, 09:26:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I've seen proof of him skating. It's not pretty. Very stiff

one might even say his skating is....... illegal.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #957 on: November 08, 2022, 09:51:29 AM »
Illegal Stiff

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #958 on: November 08, 2022, 11:15:41 AM »
IG: @flowterspace

work_lurker

• Rep: 104
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #959 on: November 09, 2022, 11:36:23 AM »
GUESS these guys moved on to a more legal civilization
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkrM-lkgc-i/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.