Author Topic: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ  (Read 173272 times)

No Wave Comply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 143
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
Re: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ
« Reply #1410 on: December 21, 2022, 01:48:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Alert: new Illegal Civ graphic friends

Also, apparently Mikey of understanding the difference between “a part” and “apart”

Guess we all can’t be masters at everything…
[close]

True, but after seeing Reynolds write “porportion” instead of “proportion” on one of his shoe napkins, I’m realizing I can’t really hold any skater to any standard when it comes to the 3 Rs
[close]

Reynolds on dyslexia
[close]

IC is consistently some of the most low effort shit I’ve seen in a long time, does he color the background on any of these graphics? They all look like doodles you do in class filled in with colored pencil
[close]

I dont get it as much as I hate mikey and illegal civ is gone [sic] art really any better than his? (I'm a fan of gonz)

Yes. Yes, Gonz’s art is much better than Mikey Alfred’s drawings. Yes it is.

Go back to his first self-drawn Vision graphics, through bLind, ATM Click, 60/40, up to Krooked, along with all his non-board company art and you’ll wake up to reality.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

manysnakes

« Reply #1411 on: January 06, 2023, 05:15:07 AM »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #1412 on: January 06, 2023, 07:20:00 AM »

I thought cast iron mf'ers hated soap? Doesn't matter if you re-season right after or what?

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1413 on: January 06, 2023, 07:29:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I thought cast iron mf'ers hated soap? Doesn't matter if you re-season right after or what?

You can wash them and season them again, but the more the seasoning, the more the extra flavor and protection from rust, etc.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1414 on: January 06, 2023, 07:45:54 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that the whole “don’t use soap” thing comes from a time decades back where soap had an additive that was bad for the seasoning/cast iron. If your pan is seasoned properly, a little bit of soap here and there won’t cause any problems.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1415 on: January 06, 2023, 07:54:14 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that the whole “don’t use soap” thing comes from a time decades back where soap had an additive that was bad for the seasoning/cast iron. If your pan is seasoned properly, a little bit of soap here and there won’t cause any problems.

Lye soap I believe

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -531
« Reply #1416 on: January 06, 2023, 08:07:11 AM »
Non stick guy for life. I got that Teflon coursing through my veins!!!

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #1417 on: January 16, 2023, 08:03:26 AM »
bringing this back because I need some questions answered

I haven't used my cast iron since June, would it be safe to say I would need to season again for it to get it back to cooking standard

do you guys recommend a steel scrubber? looks medieval to me

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1418 on: January 16, 2023, 08:07:59 AM »
no soap?

i dont want my eggs tasting like taco meat

palmolive always worked fine on mine

left knee cap

• $$$$
« Reply #1419 on: January 16, 2023, 08:12:19 AM »
no soap?

i dont want my eggs tasting like taco meat

palmolive always worked fine on mine

i've just been using kosher salt maybe its time to experiment

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1420 on: January 16, 2023, 08:18:06 AM »
bringing this back because I need some questions answered

I haven't used my cast iron since June, would it be safe to say I would need to season again for it to get it back to cooking standard

Is there rust on it? If no, you should’ve ok to cook on it and see. Just try something small or simple on it.

And I seriously cannot stress this enough: it’s ok to use soap on cast iron. If you seasoned it properly, don’t let it soak in the water, and then use heat to dry it off and run in a little oil after it’s dry and while it’s still hot, it will be fine.  If you’re just wiping out a cast iron with a paper towel, it’s just gross and the food particles and old oil will go rancid.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #1421 on: January 16, 2023, 08:18:41 AM »
Can I use a cast iron on Glass-ceramics cooktops? Or are cast irons better user for gas stoves?

manysnakes

« Reply #1422 on: January 16, 2023, 08:33:11 AM »
Can I use a cast iron on Glass-ceramics cooktops? Or are cast irons better user for gas stoves?

I don't think this is advisable, unfortunately. Gas or older style induction only.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1423 on: January 16, 2023, 08:55:34 AM »

I use mine on a glass top stove and it works fine. Just probably takes longer for the pan to heat up.

Like anything on a glass top stove just be careful not to slide it around to scrape up the glass.

I have a natural firm bristled brush (this exact one https://www.redecker.de/en/home-and-yard/kitchen-brushes/pot-brush-322612) that works really good for scrubbing off stubborn food. Any small pieces that don't come off with that I use nature's scrubber. My fingernails. Works great.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1424 on: February 13, 2023, 07:24:40 AM »
Do yourself a favor and don’t watch this. Not quite sure how to describe it. 1 minute skate video with 6 mins of terrible content.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

IpathCats

« Reply #1425 on: February 13, 2023, 07:45:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think this is advisable, unfortunately. Gas or older style induction only.

I got a cast iron skillet to use in my camper van setup. I was seasoning it in my house on a glass ceramic cooktop and it shattered out of nowhere. Sounded like a gunshot, scared the shit out of me, thankfully no one was hurt.

We have another cast iron pan that we use on the same cooktop all the time though so idk what the deal is.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -531
« Reply #1426 on: February 13, 2023, 07:49:47 AM »
Do yourself a favor and don’t watch this. Not quite sure how to describe it. 1 minute skate video with 6 mins of terrible content.

Diner scene reminded me of the opening scene of “reservoir dogs”.  Even though Mikey didn’t have any lines in this film I though he captured his character “Benjamin” well.  Not sure how stacked Sundance lineup is this year, but best directorial debut is not out of the question, bravo.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1427 on: February 13, 2023, 07:53:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Diner scene reminded me of the opening scene of “reservoir dogs”.  Even though Mikey didn’t have any lines in this film I though he captured his character “Benjamin” well.  Not sure how stacked Sundance lineup is this year, but best directorial debut is not out of the question, bravo.
;D

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1428 on: February 13, 2023, 07:54:10 AM »
and the art. did I mention the art?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1429 on: February 13, 2023, 07:56:05 AM »
I made oklahoma style smash burger on the cast iron last night, honestly top 5 best burger I've had in my life. Wildly exceeded my expectations. Mostly followed the J. Kenji Lopez Alt method from youtube.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #1430 on: February 13, 2023, 10:22:48 AM »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1431 on: February 13, 2023, 10:42:48 AM »
I have a carbon steel wok that I messed up seasoning because I wasn't used to my new stove. What's the best way to strip the seasoning so that I can start afresh?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #1432 on: February 13, 2023, 11:28:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I got a cast iron skillet to use in my camper van setup. I was seasoning it in my house on a glass ceramic cooktop and it shattered out of nowhere. Sounded like a gunshot, scared the shit out of me, thankfully no one was hurt.

We have another cast iron pan that we use on the same cooktop all the time though so idk what the deal is.

You were seasoning it *on* the cooktop? Not inside the oven?

I've always heard it's fine to use on glass top, just don't drop it hard or drag it around on the surface

Ironically this thread made me dig out and re-season my Lodge pan so thanks for that, everyone. It's going pretty good though I tried to make eggs last night and they stuck to the pan, from what I've gathered I likely haven't cooked enough in it yet even though I seasoned properly. I also think I need to switch to an oil with a higher smoke point for a big possibly... I seasoned with Canola but have just been using Olive Oil to cook with since that's all I have and what I'd normally use, seen avocado oil is highly recommended

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #1433 on: February 13, 2023, 11:30:57 AM »
Do yourself a favor and don’t watch this.

Than why'd you post it?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1434 on: February 13, 2023, 11:51:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Than why'd you post it?
Fine question, but at least we got this thread rolling again.
Back to the awful production linked above… I see Mikey Alfred’s back on that underage weed smoking tip again: so edgy.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

manysnakes

« Reply #1435 on: February 13, 2023, 11:56:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You were seasoning it *on* the cooktop? Not inside the oven?

I've always heard it's fine to use on glass top, just don't drop it hard or drag it around on the surface

Ironically this thread made me dig out and re-season my Lodge pan so thanks for that, everyone. It's going pretty good though I tried to make eggs last night and they stuck to the pan, from what I've gathered I likely haven't cooked enough in it yet even though I seasoned properly. I also think I need to switch to an oil with a higher smoke point for a big possibly... I seasoned with Canola but have just been using Olive Oil to cook with since that's all I have and what I'd normally use, seen avocado oil is highly recommended

I've started cooking with avocado oil due to the high smoke point, and I have to say that a tangential benefit is that my pans almost always clean up easier. Got a nice, cooked-on layer of fatty polymers and the eggs just slide right off.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1436 on: February 13, 2023, 12:03:16 PM »
Best method I've found for cleaning a cast iron is to use steam - heat the cast iron up on the stove and then crank your hot water, put pan under water and brush with a long handled (! important so you don't burn yourself !) scrubber. Also, I use mine almost every day on a glass top stove with no issues.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #1437 on: February 13, 2023, 12:03:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Than why'd you post it?

Because it's funny
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #1438 on: February 13, 2023, 12:07:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Than why'd you post it?
[close]
Fine question, but at least we got this thread rolling again.
Back to the awful production linked above… I see Mikey Alfred’s back on that underage weed smoking tip again: so edgy.

any recommendations for my first cast iron?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1439 on: February 13, 2023, 12:19:38 PM »
any recommendations for my first cast iron?
Thrift stores are awesome for these. Garage sales too.
I’ve got a small Wagner, a mid size “contemporary” Lodge & a large vintage Lodge.
They all work real nice.
I clean with soap & all, but the seasoning is so baked in, it doesn’t phase ‘em.
Daily cookers, each.
If you’re not on board already, you gotta get one.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?