Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 109110 times)

Blind Fisherman

Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #690 on: December 12, 2022, 08:59:12 AM »

I know we've all determined team pages aren't always accurate and I don't think this is a sign he's of, but weird to not see Spencer Hamilton on there. Is he just on the Canada team? I can't find any team page on the Canadian site equivalent.
Don't think they ever made any official "welcome to the team" announcement...not yet at least. I hope they don't let him slip through their fingers. Spenny deserves that paycheck and a pro model.

whaaaaat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #691 on: December 12, 2022, 09:09:05 AM »
I'm really down for Reynolds/NB and will be looking forward to what they come up with for his pro shoe. I do be rocking those dad NBs for lounging and mowing the lawn.

As for Vans - I bought the Reynolds colorway half cabs to skate and skated them like 3 times before giving up. They just won't stay on my feet, feel like they're constantly trying to slip off my heel.  They felt blown out on day one.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #692 on: December 12, 2022, 09:28:26 AM »
Excited to see the Jake Darwen and The Boss photos in the future.

And super cook to see Westgate and Andrew on the same team again too.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

LebowskisRug

« Reply #693 on: December 12, 2022, 09:46:00 AM »
That nollie 180, switch 180, back three line made me yell. I know Reynolds has been pretty consistent putting stuff out but I think he hasn't tapped into what he's truly capable of in this new era of skating yet. That quick line hints at a direction I hope he goes in.

I dunno what footy you're watching, but Reynolds' low-er impact ledge work with a few token sets tossed in has been way more of a revival than I expected.

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #694 on: December 12, 2022, 09:48:40 AM »
He still looks cool as fuck, been one of my favourites for a long time and still mixing it up with the young bucks. Fucking go Reynolds.

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #695 on: December 12, 2022, 09:52:25 AM »
I'm am giddy about a Reynolds pro shoe. Haven't had a pair since the original 3's with the lace hole diamonds.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #696 on: December 12, 2022, 09:54:47 AM »
Watching that clip somehow really hammered home the idea that Vans blew it exceptionally with this one.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
« Reply #697 on: December 12, 2022, 09:55:08 AM »
Expand Quote
That nollie 180, switch 180, back three line made me yell. I know Reynolds has been pretty consistent putting stuff out but I think he hasn't tapped into what he's truly capable of in this new era of skating yet. That quick line hints at a direction I hope he goes in.
[close]

I dunno what footy you're watching, but Reynolds' low-er impact ledge work with a few token sets tossed in has been way more of a revival than I expected.
I've been enjoying the footage as well. I was just saying the quick footed line kinda gave an extra sauce that I guess was missing. I'm just saying I'm excited that he still shows hints of developing as a skater even though he's done with what we know him for in his prime.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #698 on: December 12, 2022, 10:18:22 AM »

I know we've all determined team pages aren't always accurate and I don't think this is a sign he's of, but weird to not see Spencer Hamilton on there. Is he just on the Canada team? I can't find any team page on the Canadian site equivalent.

i dont think hes of, i just think he is not on to the same degree andrew is so he didnt get the same welcoming comittee

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #699 on: December 12, 2022, 10:47:29 AM »
Watching that clip somehow really hammered home the idea that Vans blew it exceptionally with this one.
Felt the exact same way while watching that

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
« Reply #700 on: December 12, 2022, 10:51:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Don't think they ever made any official "welcome to the team" announcement...not yet at least. I hope they don't let him slip through their fingers. Spenny deserves that paycheck and a pro model.

Yeah not sure they ever made an official announcment but he's had a colourway and was working on another and has them tagged as a his only other sponsor besides Primitive.

i dont think hes of, i just think he is not on to the same degree andrew is so he didnt get the same welcoming comittee

Yeah I don't think he's of, just found it surprising he wasn't on the team page. They seem to have other international riders on the team page that are less well known than Spencer.

I dont know, doesn't matter, didn't mean to derail the thread. Stoked on Boss on New Balance!

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #701 on: December 12, 2022, 11:11:41 AM »
Slightly off topic but crazy to see that prior to the Reynolds post, the NB IG's last 15 posts were strictly Tiago. Hope Reynolds gets that level of shine if he gets his own shoe

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #702 on: December 12, 2022, 12:07:43 PM »
Slightly off topic but crazy to see that prior to the Reynolds post, the NB IG's last 15 posts were strictly Tiago. Hope Reynolds gets that level of shine if he gets his own shoe
He's having it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #703 on: December 12, 2022, 12:15:08 PM »
Late to the show, but OP someone on the inside. Cofirmed.

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #704 on: December 12, 2022, 12:34:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

God damn that was good. That song started and hit me right in “the feels”. Would be great if they kept the original trick audio hahha and when he landed the kickflip you could hear the kids cheer

Same.

Ad section in an ON video magazine vhs type beat

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #705 on: December 12, 2022, 12:40:52 PM »
Possibly.
I certainly can’t disprove your assertion, but the genesis of this here thread appears to have been an observant @DooksRiserPads noticing an anomalous pair of kicks on the Boss’s hooves way back when.
Dooks, I celebrate your attention to detail, even if I was at first a bit skeptical.
Def called this one accurately.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

GregHunts16mm

• Rep: 6
« Reply #706 on: December 12, 2022, 12:57:20 PM »
The biggest shake up since Chris Cole left Fallen

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65426
« Reply #707 on: December 12, 2022, 01:04:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He had a welcome ad in the last am scramble thrasher. He better get a shoe cause that the only NB im buying.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #708 on: December 12, 2022, 01:37:31 PM »
Spenny just shared the welcome video to his IG so that’s probably a good sign. Their list of team riders on their site is really weird last time I checked. It seems like a lot of people have been on there, then gone missing.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -4
« Reply #709 on: December 12, 2022, 01:40:40 PM »
NB ads make me feel like im 10 years old watching Jordan in any ad. just a 36 y/o man seeing them being like ‘damn, i NEED some NBs  :o

Yes, that is exactly how I feel as well. That was such a great treat

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #710 on: December 12, 2022, 01:45:51 PM »
And once again the SLAP detectives were right!

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 23
« Reply #711 on: December 12, 2022, 01:48:39 PM »
That was sick - Drew looks good in NB. Killing it

Weededed

• Rep: 222
  • I never needed it..
« Reply #712 on: December 12, 2022, 01:57:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Possibly.
I certainly can’t disprove your assertion, but the genesis of this here thread appears to have been an observant @DooksRiserPads noticing an anomalous pair of kicks on the Boss’s hooves way back when.
Dooks, I celebrate your attention to detail, even if I was at first a bit skeptical.
Def called this one accurately.

They also started the "Beatrice Domond pro for FA" thread.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
« Reply #713 on: December 12, 2022, 02:09:43 PM »

Damn that front nose 270 shuv back to regular.  Don’t know if I recall seeing the Boss do that one before. 

LebowskisRug

« Reply #714 on: December 12, 2022, 02:20:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Yeah not sure they ever made an official announcment but he's had a colourway and was working on another and has them tagged as a his only other sponsor besides Primitive.

Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I don't think he's of, just found it surprising he wasn't on the team page. They seem to have other international riders on the team page that are less well known than Spencer.

I dont know, doesn't matter, didn't mean to derail the thread. Stoked on Boss on New Balance!

What colorway did Spencer ever have?

The Boss looks better skating in a nice, well designed, supportive cupsole than generic mall shows with burnt marshmallow "insoles" thrown inside.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #715 on: December 12, 2022, 02:59:35 PM »
That stair set line was beautiful lord have mercy

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #716 on: December 12, 2022, 03:09:51 PM »
welp, 20+ years of reynolds selling me shoes. these look sick, ill grab a pair:

manysnakes

« Reply #717 on: December 12, 2022, 03:17:37 PM »
DM me if you’re size 9 and wanna try some 1010s. They’re great but just not for me.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #718 on: December 12, 2022, 03:24:49 PM »
There are rumors Reynolds also didn't like Vans and found them too uncomfortable so they parted on mutual terms. If true they tried a bunch of different insoles and why he was always skating in new looking shoes.

On the NB# post his comment said “My feet are feeling good!” Light Vans diss. Also I didn’t see Vans or Reynolds thanking or giving each other a farewell. I personally like skating Vans and the way they look, but they do make my feet hurt. Gonna give some NB# 1010’s a try soon.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #719 on: December 12, 2022, 03:27:44 PM »