Author Topic: Tyre Nichols RIP (police brutality trigger warning)  (Read 15576 times)

Blind Fisherman

Re: Skateboarder Tyre Nichols Brutally Beat to Death by 5 Police Officers
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2023, 09:33:38 AM »
Are they going to release footage?
Memphis Chief of Police announced that they footage will be released in the coming days.

Tom Pearl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2023, 09:42:02 AM »
all pigs are sadistic weirdos, just look at the statistics on how many of them are involved in violent rapes or sex crimes against children. they're all depraved sexual deviants behind closed doors and they love the power and control that comes with a badge. they wanna hurt people, the reason they took the job in the first place is because in the back of their heads they're thinking "i might get to kill somebody and get away with it"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 09:49:26 AM by Tom Pearl »

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2023, 09:51:00 AM »
My Heart bleeds hearing this news, I hope justice is served against these excuses for men. R.I.P Tyre

slimvanilla

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2023, 09:51:32 AM »
man wtf. this breaks my heart. when is this bullshit gonna end?

ashthrower

• Rep: -11
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2023, 10:00:03 AM »
all pigs are sadistic weirdos, just look at the statistics on how many of them are involved in violent rapes or sex crimes against children. they're all depraved sexual deviants behind closed doors and they love the power and control that comes with a badge. they wanna hurt people, the reason they took the job in the first place is because in the back of their heads they're thinking "i might get to kill somebody and get away with it"

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2023, 10:02:48 AM »
Thoughts going out to his family. A GoFundMe has been set up for Tyre
Consider donating if you're able: https://www.gofundme.com/f/official-tyre-nichols

All of the donations will go directly to the family to support them, especially with most of the family having to fly cross country to be present to fight for their brother, all donations are appreciated more than I can ever explain. Thank you again for standing with us during this dark time. The people that have supported us are the only reason we were able to find the justice for Tyre that we have. The fight continues on. Pray for reform, pray for justice, pray for the family, pray for our future.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2023, 10:08:12 AM »
RIP TYRE NICHOLS

cky enthusiast

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2023, 10:10:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah it’s sad, this is one reason as a Black skateboarder I don’t feel comfortable street skating alone usually. Because if the cops show up, there’s a higher chance of me getting fucked up than my white peers.

The crazy thing about this one is I think the cops were Black too. Which goes to show that all of them truly are bastards.
[close]

He was running from a traffic stop, I think they tend to fuck everyone up who does that, regardless of skin color.
[close]

Five cops, out of uniform and in unmarked cars, savagely beat a man to death and this is what you have to say?

newphone i hope you run from a traffic stop in front of 5 white cops super soon

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2023, 10:12:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Are they going to release footage?
[close]
Memphis Chief of Police announced that they footage will be released in the coming days.

You'd think body cams and car cams would stop this from happening....but nope.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

i halfcab board ledges

• Rep: 12
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2023, 10:15:07 AM »
fuck 12, thats some bullshit, rip to Tyre Nichols, a fellow skater <3
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2023, 10:17:38 AM »
“My knees gave out,” she told WMC. “I just fell because I could not believe that someone with such light was taken out in such a dark way.”

This fucked with me. It’s insane how this is still happening, a gold boy scout badge shouldn’t give you the green light to beat the life out of someone just cause they run from you. I’m not saying just because you’re a black cop that absolves you of being a bully piece of shit but you’d think with all the media attention and awareness that’s been raised over the past decade about cops unjustly murdering black people these dumbasses would have some sense to maybe not unleash an assault (murder) that goes on for minutes.

Rest In Peace Tyre.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

cky enthusiast

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2023, 10:25:30 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/16/uk/london-police-officer-multiple-sexual-attacks-intl-gbr-scli/index.html
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2023, 10:32:12 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LH8gUhDd6WE

I was just thinking about this song when I saw the thread.

What bothers me the most is that those 5 cops will just end up being re-hired by another PD. Memphis PD only fired them to appease the public who are putting pressure on them. They aren't doing it because they actually care about the harm that these pigs are causing. I feel so bad for the family. I can only imagine what they are going through right now.

Pony_Slaystation

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2023, 10:34:55 AM »
I hope all 5 of those officers get thrown into general population and get eaten alive.

RIP to that young man.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2023, 10:35:27 AM »
Candlelight Vigil tonight for Tyre @ Tobey Skatepark in Memphis, Tennessee 7pm

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -510
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2023, 10:36:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah it’s sad, this is one reason as a Black skateboarder I don’t feel comfortable street skating alone usually. Because if the cops show up, there’s a higher chance of me getting fucked up than my white peers.

The crazy thing about this one is I think the cops were Black too. Which goes to show that all of them truly are bastards.
[close]

He was running from a traffic stop, I think they tend to fuck everyone up who does that, regardless of skin color.
[close]

Five cops, out of uniform and in unmarked cars, savagely beat a man to death and this is what you have to say?
[close]

These were all black cops.  I obviously wouldn’t run from the cops as I don’t trust them to just detain me upon catching me, I’ve only ever seen them rough people up after a chase.  This situation seems fucked, I was just trying point out that the guy was not skateboarding, not excusing beating a guy to death you maniacs.  Condolences to his family, and I hope they get justice.

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2023, 10:40:37 AM »
I hope all 5 of those officers get thrown into general population and get eaten alive.

RIP to that young man.

Just awful, poor guy and his family. And I agree I hope they get punished accordingly. Having said that, I see a lot of generalizing about police in here and I think that is just nonsense and very unhelpful.

Jacob DeGrosso

• Rep: 16
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2023, 10:45:51 AM »
This is disgusting. Mass shootings, cops killing folks for stupid shit...it's on the daily. Our society is beyond ill.

Be kind to one another.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2023, 11:03:52 AM »
That is a hard read. RIP

Maurice46

• Rep: 9
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2023, 11:28:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

These were all black cops.  I obviously wouldn’t run from the cops as I don’t trust them to just detain me upon catching me, I’ve only ever seen them rough people up after a chase.  This situation seems fucked, I was just trying point out that the guy was not skateboarding, not excusing beating a guy to death you maniacs.  Condolences to his family, and I hope they get justice.

Police, Regardless Of Race, Have Implicit Bias Against Black People, Studies Have Found
https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/06/22/881643215/police-researcher-officers-have-similar-biases-regardless-of-race

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2023, 11:35:18 AM »
this is so sad :(

hopefully those cops get convicted

RIP Tyre

Maurice46

• Rep: 9
Re: Tyre Nichols RIP (police brutality trigger warning)
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2023, 12:08:09 PM »
Strange that the mods would move the discussion of the murder of a black skater by police to the "Whatever" section of the discussion board but would keep the thread discussing the death of Jake Phelps under useless wooden toys. Neither death was caused by skating and yet.... Also, shouldn't there be a trigger warning in the title of the Jake Phelps thread for those whose loved ones have died due to opiates? That is, if the moderation approach is meant to be applied equally. My comments aren't meant as a criticism of the mods, I know they have a difficult job, I just found it odd.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2023, 12:22:05 PM »
Strange that the mods would move the discussion of the murder of a black skater by police to the "Whatever" section of the discussion board but would keep the thread discussing the death of Jake Phelps under useless wooden toys. Neither death was caused by skating and yet.... Also, shouldn't there be a trigger warning in the title of the Jake Phelps thread for those whose loved ones have died due to opiates? That is, if the moderation approach is meant to be applied equally. My comments aren't meant as a criticism of the mods, I know they have a difficult job, I just found it odd.

i agree, wasn't it on uwtb? i'm gonna sticky it there.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2023, 12:26:02 PM »
The thread that was posted first was posted in Whatever, so I left the merged topic there.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

cky enthusiast

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2023, 12:58:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i know what color the cops were, i said white cops cause i know what color you are too

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2023, 02:10:06 PM »
All five being charged. Good.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555