Author Topic: Buyers remorse.  (Read 19817 times)

Southernmost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
Re: Buyers remorse.
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2023, 01:01:38 PM »
bought converse fastbreaks, the alltimers collab. the shop didn't have an 11 so i bought size 12 thinking i'd be fine to skate them because my feet are a little bigger than a size 11
they weren't okay! i rolled my ankle 5 minutes into skating with them  .
might just turn them into street shoes because they're not bad looking

Bummer. Hope your ankle heals up. I recently got a pair of size 10 Louie Cons. I wear a 9.5. Tried them on recently inside the house and they’re a little too big to skate in. Bummed because they feel and look sick.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2023, 02:30:42 PM »
I bought red chucks because of Bobby D. and now I don't feel confident I will be able to pull em off
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2023, 02:41:28 PM »
I bought red chucks because of Bobby D. and now I don't feel confident I will be able to pull em off

he does look great.
i leave his greatness to him, i’ve got no chance.

you’ve got it tho.
and shit, all that really matters is if it gets you hyped when you look down, whilst setting up for a trick

KidCarl

• Rep: 28
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2023, 11:22:29 AM »
Bought 6 globe decks bc they were so cheap. I focused 2 bc the wood is trash (veneers too thick which makes the board really heavy) & have the other 4 dead stock in my bedroom. Never buy a globe board, the cheap prices seduced me & stole my critical thinking skills
I'm glad I'm not crazy. I got one from the house sale around new years, and I had to get 1 inch bolts just so the nuts could be all the way on. Pressure cracked almost immediately, so I just started dropping off shit until it snapped.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 45
« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2023, 02:06:53 PM »
are the fastbreaks good shoes? I was in between those and the 808 for my next pair.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2023, 02:31:50 PM »
1010’s due to sizing. Got the Rone’s in my size; 10.5, too big. Got a suede pair in 10; too tight. Feel like the Rone would be perfect in 10. The regular ones are either too big or too tight. Same as Ishod’s, but these were worth a second look because feet care.

pops

• Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2023, 09:36:49 PM »
1010’s due to sizing. Got the Rone’s in my size; 10.5, too big. Got a suede pair in 10; too tight. Feel like the Rone would be perfect in 10. The regular ones are either too big or too tight. Same as Ishod’s, but these were worth a second look because feet care.

I hate sizing inconsistency in shoes and jumping back and forth between sizes. I wish I could find that shoe that always fits in my size, lasts long and is supportive. I'm yet to try the Joslins, they look nice and simple and like they will last, but I have no experience with Etnies sizing.

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 139
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2023, 10:34:37 PM »
Sneeze Adidas superskate. Looks cool but its an absolute piece of shit to skate and the fit is so off.

Sticking to shelltoes and sambas.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2023, 11:51:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I hate sizing inconsistency in shoes and jumping back and forth between sizes. I wish I could find that shoe that always fits in my size, lasts long and is supportive. I'm yet to try the Joslins, they look nice and simple and like they will last, but I have no experience with Etnies sizing.

Etnies have always been tts for me. Zero complaints about the Josl1ns since I’ve started skating them.

are the fastbreaks good shoes? I was in between those and the 808 for my next pair.

Fastbreaks require no major break in compared to either Tiago.

This leads to them becoming very floppy but still comfortable; sole is much thinner than you think for a cup and based off their looks…very Vulc-like. One of my favorite shoes.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2023, 02:16:02 AM »
808 all the way
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 164
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2023, 09:49:55 PM »
I never buy shoes without trying them on, but I still had Vans gift card from Christmas and none of the Vans stores near me have anything good in stock. Ordered a pair of Zahbas online, and they are terrible. The outsole is super thin and the insole is trash. Fit was really loose around the ankles/heels. I bought into the impact waffle marketing, but I highly doubt they provide much impact protection. On the bright side, shipping and returns are free.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 45
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2023, 10:44:55 PM »
I never buy shoes without trying them on, but I still had Vans gift card from Christmas and none of the Vans stores near me have anything good in stock. Ordered a pair of Zahbas online, and they are terrible. The outsole is super thin and the insole is trash. Fit was really loose around the ankles/heels. I bought into the impact waffle marketing, but I highly doubt they provide much impact protection. On the bright side, shipping and returns are free.
I had a feeling that this was going to the case. I get that Vans is trying to do new stuff, but I wasn't a van of the Zahba from the get go. If you're still looking at getting a pair of Vans shoes, maybe try the Rowan. I tried them on recently and liked them a lot.

Dou_02

• Rep: 6
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2023, 11:08:35 PM »

That sucks, but I kinda expected it from vans, which never really has made a good cupsole in about 15 years....
All the marketing seemed a lil gimmicky when the shoe is less thick than any of their Vulc shoes
I'm not getting another pair of Vans outside of cabs and rowleys until the XLT reissue drops in April 2024, For now I'll keep the half cabs that I got in 2021 on and off for every time I feel like skating a vulc shoe. Half cabs are the only vans shoe that has sort of worked, I can actually skate a bulkier shoe like the XLT more than 1-2 times a week. I even have to rotate my Half cabs to a pair of shoes in my bag if the flick isn't working so I'm excited for the XLT.

sle_epy

• Rep: -95
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2023, 05:39:27 AM »
i have a bunch, i have like 4 brand new pairs of og accels that im never gonna skate.

i dont have a shop so i order boards and hope for the best and like 2/3 of the time i fucking hate the shape once i set it up. 2 weeks ago i literally set up 2 brand new decks in a row and was like "nope" on both of them, so far i have 3 decks i've gripped out of my stack that i hate. the only way they're ever getting touched again is if it's absolute last resort

I realize it's months later but what size?
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

sle_epy

« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2023, 05:45:37 AM »
Over the course of last year I tried to dial in my set up and over six months I went from an 8.5 set up to a 7.75 set up. So, I ended up with like 4 sets of thunders I'll never skate again because Mindy's came into my life and there's no looking back.

I can't even believe I rode thunders ever, they feel like Walmart trucks in every way comparatively which is a bummer because thunder supports a lot of female skaters and I like to support companies like that.

Lizzie Armanto's shoes, they were wildly narrow and so stiff. I really really wanted the Alexis Sablone converse to become my go to shoe but they don't even feel like skate shoes, they feel like chillers.

Luckily I sold them to a friend who wears skinny shoes like that, but he was equally disappointed and tossed them in like three weeks. They also held up for shit and he doesn't even do a lot of kickflips or anything. Flimsy.

Bought a 70 dollar hoodie on skate shop day to support my local, I never spend that kinda cash on clothes. Washed it once and the body of it shrunk like 3 inches and it is unwearable.

Last one, I spent a few hundred bucks earlier this year on skate clothes trying to fit in a little more with what other women were wearing at the skate park (tighter, smaller, etc). Skated in a couple of the fits and saw some clips in them and was immediately appalled with how different my skating looked.

I swear to God it affected my style. Went right back to baggy 13 year old boy fits and decided looking cute while skating is overrated.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 06:04:11 AM by sle_epy »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2023, 01:27:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I had a feeling that this was going to the case. I get that Vans is trying to do new stuff, but I wasn't a van of the Zahba from the get go. If you're still looking at getting a pair of Vans shoes, maybe try the Rowan. I tried them on recently and liked them a lot.

Trying numerous Pro/Skate models over the years, Half Cabs, Crockett Lows, AVE, and Kyle Walker 1s seem to be the most solid of the bunch for me. Everything else just didn't fit right, not as durable, or not as cushioned as advertised. Any other models felt like a waste of my money, except for the Epoch Pro. I did like that one a bit.

That said, the waffle cup tech where it's vulc meets cup sole is a glorified vulc sole and doesn't really feel like a cup as intended. For anyone wanting a "cup" vulc shoe from Vans probably won't like the waffle cup models that much. Better off with AVE, upcoming XLT, or even the Zahba (I can't vouch either way for these yet but I'm tempted). And even then, their current "cup soles" aren't thicker soles like a soletech cup or a dunk/tyshawn/fastbreak, for reference.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2023, 01:14:41 AM »
Bought some spits radials. Pointless wheels? Once they have worn down, they are equal width as classics...

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2023, 01:31:21 AM »
Expand Quote
i have a bunch, i have like 4 brand new pairs of og accels that im never gonna skate.

i dont have a shop so i order boards and hope for the best and like 2/3 of the time i fucking hate the shape once i set it up. 2 weeks ago i literally set up 2 brand new decks in a row and was like "nope" on both of them, so far i have 3 decks i've gripped out of my stack that i hate. the only way they're ever getting touched again is if it's absolute last resort
[close]

shoes or decks? shoes 10.5 and 8.0 decks   

sle_epy

« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2023, 04:23:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

shoes or decks? shoes 10.5 and 8.0 decks   

Shoes, too big for me tho. Thx

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2023, 11:27:33 AM »
The NB# 1010s for me. Don’t see how anyone who isn’t doing huge gaps would want to skate them. Too bulky IMHO. I think shoes like that are purely for aesthetics, like folks wanting that baggy 90s look.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2023, 11:33:48 AM »
The NB# 1010s for me. Don’t see how anyone who isn’t doing huge gaps would want to skate them. Too bulky IMHO. I think shoes like that are purely for aesthetics, like folks wanting that baggy 90s look.

Or people that don't wanna be in pain wearing socks with a layer of rubber attached to the bottoms lol

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2023, 11:41:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Or people that don't wanna be in pain wearing socks with a layer of rubber attached to the bottoms lol
1010 are 808 lights.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

FGO925

• Rep: 20
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2023, 11:59:22 AM »
Do the cons fastbreaks have the same sizing as the chucks? As in, do you go a size or two down or do they have normalish sizing? 

sle_epy

« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2023, 12:06:35 PM »
Do the cons fastbreaks have the same sizing as the chucks? As in, do you go a size or two down or do they have normalish sizing?

When I had some I wish I'd gone a half size smaller than my usual.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2023, 01:22:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When I had some I wish I'd gone a half size smaller than my usual.
half to full down in chucks. I have chuck 70s in a 12 and fast break pro in a 13. (bc they dont make a 12.5 in either)

manuduncan

« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2023, 05:04:21 PM »
almost every last resort drop i get a pair and i regret it every time, i really want to support them because i think it's the best looking shoe out there and every drop it seems like they've added a new feature to correct a previous misstep but the performance just isn't there

bombsaway86

• Rep: 164
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2023, 11:36:43 PM »

I decided to give these another go before returning them. I wore them around the house for a few days to try to break them in and I’m glad I did. It seems like the foam expands a little and gives more cushion as they heat up. They’re still a little loose in the ankle area, but I can live with that. Skated them the last two days. First session was rough, sole was really sticky and board feel wasn’t great. Walked my dog a few miles in them today then went skating again, and they felt much better. Board feel is pretty good, and the impact protection is surprisingly good. Another plus is they breathe well, so me feet don’t get sweaty like they do with half cabs. Not sure I’ll buy them again, but I felt they deserved better than my initial criticism

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2023, 01:54:07 AM »

Fasbtreaks are generally a TTS fitting cupsole. Chucks are always 0.5 - 1.0 size down depending on how snug you like em.
Those that need to size down or up in Fastbreaks are the exception with with really narrow feet or pretty wide feet.

I find the midfoot in Fastbreaks a bit narrow and have been tempted to go 0.5 up but can work in my TTS size.
Super Champion Fun Zone

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2023, 04:32:19 AM »
Every mellow board.

At first i think i like them but after week i want to focus them so bad.

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2023, 08:14:20 AM »
Volcom fricken skate chinos. Fit weird and have the lovely feeling of putting on pants made of a proprietary blend of cardboard and sandpaper.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk