Author Topic: Buyers remorse.  (Read 19956 times)

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
Re: Buyers remorse.
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2023, 10:09:49 AM »
Volcom fricken skate chinos. Fit weird and have the lovely feeling of putting on pants made of a proprietary blend of cardboard and sandpaper.

I have a ton of these in different colors and love em! I recommend the fricken "stretch" chinos. Those are the truth!
Super Champion Fun Zone

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 102
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2023, 10:24:09 AM »
Every mellow board.

At first i think i like them but after week i want to focus them so bad.

Same. Honestly they usually skate pretty good and don’t effect my tricks but something about them feels off. Specifically holding ollies, for some reason they always feel like they’re gonna leave my feet if I’m floating an ollie

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2023, 01:09:48 PM »
Can’t remember if I posted this in here already or not but the biggest one in recent memory was venture lo’s and 51mm F4s. I skate venture highs so I wanted to give the lows a try. Within the first session I already knew they weren’t for me. Everything just felt off. I put back on my highs and gave the lows to a friend. Didn’t really dig the 51s either, I’m more into bigger wheels, but I kept skating them anyways because I wanted to get some mileage out of them, so I guess the wheels  wasn’t too huge of a waste of money.

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2023, 03:20:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Volcom fricken skate chinos. Fit weird and have the lovely feeling of putting on pants made of a proprietary blend of cardboard and sandpaper.
[close]

I have a ton of these in different colors and love em! I recommend the fricken "stretch" chinos. Those are the truth!

Its weird. I have 2 pairs of the non skate chinos and love em. Bought these and was really surprised - will check out the stretch ones next. It's all good - hopefully after a few washes they'll be much better and if not just another reason to head back to the shop and spend more.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Ourladyoftheflowers

« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2023, 09:38:54 AM »
Cons one stars. Three sessions in and my feet has felt awful. Terrible blisters on my heels and the ball of my foot has been aching every sesh. They skate ok but honestly I’m thinking about seeing if anyone at my local wants them. Got em on sale for 20 bucks so no big deal. I’ve never had shoes hurt my feet so much and I usually skate authentics or blazers.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2023, 09:46:32 AM »
Tried buying skate shoes (Crockett 2 hi) .5 size bigger to experiment with giving my toes more room. I learned it might be nicer for walking around but I prefer a tighter fit while skating

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2023, 08:06:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Its weird. I have 2 pairs of the non skate chinos and love em. Bought these and was really surprised - will check out the stretch ones next. It's all good - hopefully after a few washes they'll be much better and if not just another reason to head back to the shop and spend more.

I will add that I have a few pairs that are not as comfortable like you described yours being, but Volcom sells or sold at least 3 similar styles at the same time:
Frickin Stretch Chino
VMonty Chino
And then some other one I can't remember

Mine could be the fricken chinos like you had, but the VMonty and the "stretch" labeled ones have been the most comfortable and skateable ones to wear
Super Champion Fun Zone

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2023, 01:36:36 AM »
Cons one stars. Three sessions in and my feet has felt awful. Terrible blisters on my heels and the ball of my foot has been aching every sesh. They skate ok but honestly I’m thinking about seeing if anyone at my local wants them. Got em on sale for 20 bucks so no big deal. I’ve never had shoes hurt my feet so much and I usually skate authentics or blazers.
I feel you, also fucking slimmest shoe ever. Currently trying to give them shoe stretcher treatment before i finally give up on them.

manysnakes

« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2023, 08:41:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Do the cons fastbreaks have the same sizing as the chucks? As in, do you go a size or two down or do they have normalish sizing?
[close]

When I had some I wish I'd gone a half size smaller than my usual.

Yes, I got burned on those cheap Fastbreaks. I'm a 9-9.5 in Nike, but apparently an 8.5 in Converse. Definitely order a half-size down.

manuduncan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2023, 10:58:23 AM »
that's so strange, i love the cons fastbreaks and i order them true to size and they fit great. i have to half size down for the ctas models but not the fastbreaks

and my feet feel fine the next day unlike other cons models, they look good, are affordable, they're my favorite shoe

i'm currently on my third pair of the sage elsesser all navy ones and since they're a couple seasons old they're even cheaper!

Ourladyoftheflowers

« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2023, 05:30:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I feel you, also fucking slimmest shoe ever. Currently trying to give them shoe stretcher treatment before i finally give up on them.

I gave em to a kid at the park today. Switched to some gt blazers and immediately felt the difference. Foot feels fine after 3 and a half hours of skating after being in near constant pain. I know some people who swear by one stars tho so maybe just not for me

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2023, 08:49:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I have been buying these for years because the texture was so much smoother than dickies after a few washes.
I copped a pair on sale at Ross recently and they were rough and fit all big. I would have been big mad if I didnt get them for 14 bucks
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2023, 01:01:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I gave em to a kid at the park today. Switched to some gt blazers and immediately felt the difference. Foot feels fine after 3 and a half hours of skating after being in near constant pain. I know some people who swear by one stars tho so maybe just not for me
I had some old ones recently, the Lunarlon ones, and I loved them but pinky pain was too much. Had to sell them
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Bill Salt

« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2023, 03:03:36 AM »
Got myself a WKND deck like a stupid kid cause I like the skating and the overall look of the brand.
It was shit to me.I mounted my old Grimple Stix right away after two sesh.

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2023, 11:08:17 AM »
Sci-Fi 8.75 deck.

I should have grabbed the other deck I was looking at.
This Sci-Fi is too steep.
It’s a pity because it’s a rad looking setup. The colors spoke to me.

I could try lower trucks or smaller wheels. Maybe I could get used to it…perhaps I could even enjoy it.

Its existence is currently just making me mad though…maybe because I  already slammed on it after having scary near miss.

Possibly I’m being a baby about it.
Possibly cursed gear.
Probably baby.

SupremePizza

• Rep: 60
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2023, 11:49:42 AM »
Sci-Fi 8.75 deck.

I could try lower trucks or smaller wheels. Maybe I could get used to it…perhaps I could even enjoy it.

Its existence is currently just making me mad though…maybe because I  already slammed on it after having scary near miss.

Possibly cursed gear.
Probably baby.

Is it FA/Hockey steep or slightly less?

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2023, 01:37:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Sci-Fi 8.75 deck.

Possibly cursed gear.
Probably baby.
[close]

Is it FA/Hockey steep or slightly less?

It feels hockey steep. Whether it is or not, I don’t know.
The measure/level app says it’s got 19 degree tail and 22 degree nose.
I had a similar experience with a Hockey deck. Too steep, slammed bad.

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 43
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2023, 02:45:07 PM »
NB 1010s. Normal size felt way too big to skate in and a half size down was too small. Wanted to love them so bad
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

DERBY

• Rep: 298
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2023, 08:06:44 PM »

those things are blister magnets. i had a pair that wasn’t uniform on the toe. so there was overlapping material on the left pinky region. they were my uniform shoes and fucked my feet til i removed the insole

marcusbutler

• Rep: 43
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2023, 08:37:52 PM »
Fucking indy mids. Had thunders on my setup and wanted to try some indys. Saw they came out with the mids and had to jump on it. Every grind with pinch was off. Especially K grinds. Now they are on the cruiser board. 
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2023, 12:30:15 AM »
Maybe I hate my F4 classics 55 :(
With OG classics, also F4, I had a really nice lock in on slapyys and now I'm struggling a lot  :'(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2023, 12:43:39 AM »
I’ve got long term buyers remorse over a box of era pro ray barbee shoes I bought years ago and hoarded instead of enjoyed.

I can’t wear Vulcs anymore so they’re just sat there for me to stumble across sometimes 

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 20
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2023, 06:08:14 AM »
Bought a three pack of $27 primitives, too flat... decent shape, good dims, and surprisingly the Chinese wood was pretty good.. concave was super flat and mellow...

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2023, 07:53:35 AM »
I've had a Quasi deck on ice for a while. I set it up, it looked beautiful, but I ended up hating it. I've been skating a lot of flat ground currently, and it's not the right deck for that at all, mainly because of the blunted tail. But yeah, that's my latest regret. That, and the stack of red top decks I know I'm never going to skate. I'd been a sucker for decks on sale and that FA warehouse sale stacked with the discount code didn't help.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2023, 09:02:03 PM »
Fucking hated thar Paul Grund 8.375 from Polar. Skated it for 1 hr and it was a horrible time. Before Polar 8.375's were 14.375 instead of 14.5 and nose was rounder.
Never again, that's what I get for betraying Crail (never thought I'd say this in my life)
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 54
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2023, 11:15:02 PM »
Spitfire 58mm conical full. I spent ¥8,250 which is the price of a board and I regret a lot. They’re still unopened. I have no idea why I bought such as big wheels. I guess I wanted to be Jeff Carlyle.

Some long ass Lee pants. They are baggy and look amazing but they’re not tapered so they cover my shoe. If that wasn’t enough, they dye my white adidas Forum blue. I hate them so much and they cost ¥13,000. Never wore them again.

Nike AF1 x Supreme in brown… what the fuck I was thinking. They don’t look bad by themselves but I can’t make them look good on me.

A couple of XL Butter Goods tees. Again, they look amazing but when I wear them I look like a clown. I wanted to feel like those Philly fresh skaters but I look like a girlfriend wearing her boyfriend biggest tee.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2023, 08:34:14 AM »
Spitfire 58mm conical full. I spent ¥8,250 which is the price of a board and I regret a lot. They’re still unopened. I have no idea why I bought such as big wheels. I guess I wanted to be Jeff Carlyle.

Some long ass Lee pants. They are baggy and look amazing but they’re not tapered so they cover my shoe. If that wasn’t enough, they dye my white adidas Forum blue. I hate them so much and they cost ¥13,000. Never wore them again.

Nike AF1 x Supreme in brown… what the fuck I was thinking. They don’t look bad by themselves but I can’t make them look good on me.

A couple of XL Butter Goods tees. Again, they look amazing but when I wear them I look like a clown. I wanted to feel like those Philly fresh skaters but I look like a girlfriend wearing her boyfriend biggest tee.

Thank god for メルカリ

Flip the stuff and cut down on your losses
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

NotSureWhatImDoingHere

• Rep: -7
« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2023, 09:17:08 AM »
Tried some trucks from Ace. I wanted to like them, I like the shape, but couldn’t do it. Thunders are officially the only choice.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2023, 10:07:18 AM »
58mm Spitfire FF Conicals in black. Love big wheels, but my Ventures are so slid down that the baseplate is not touching the ledge on noseslides anymore with the new wheels. Super bummed. But well. Gonna adjust.

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 54
« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2023, 08:52:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank god for メルカリ

Flip the stuff and cut down on your losses

;D I hope somebody wants some 58mm wheels because I think I’m selling them