Author Topic: Product you wish existed  (Read 5501 times)

Meathook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 78
Re: Product you wish existed
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2024, 07:59:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
lil smokies radial fulls

switched over to 52mm classics
almost forgot how much i love a low setup
but the riding patch cant bulldoze thru much in nyc

this would be the solution
[close]

It continuously pains me to pimp Bones product, but the x97/99 have been a complete game changer for me and I’m also in nyc.  Coming from 52mm FF Classics also to equiv. size and shape in X Formula, is night and day.
[close]

which do you prefer?
i tried dragons, and they are cool for some stuff, but, to me, they are glorified key frames. georgie hit everyone with the ‘10 years of development’ (about the same amount of time that the mini logo trucks were in r&d iirc, a decade being the maximum amount of time us peasant skateboarders can conceive of), and most people seem to love em.
they aren’t shit, but they are cruiser wheels.
i loved the quietness, of the dragons, and the softer ride was good on my old cranky skeleton.
maybe i’m just too into f4s?

I held off as a 10 year formula four devotee as long as I could bear to read positive review and positive review on here.  I’ve tried x99 in 52V1 and 56V6, and now x97 in 54V1.  Coming from formula four id probably go with x99 first in equivalent size and shape.  It’s a noticeable difference in ride smoothness but the slide is pretty normal.  They are not FF but they are close enough where I couldn’t tell much a difference.

I’m on x97 now and since the V1 is like a skinnier classic, it slides very well.  Fine at smooth skateparks too and Superior everywhere else. 

Dragons are more glorified cruiser wheels and certainly have a purpose, but they’re not a close substitute to hard street wheels.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2002
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2024, 08:28:10 AM »
Expand Quote
If they brought back the Spitfire Mike Anderson shape, rode like 5 sets of these straight

[close]

these were so good.

Aren't these the regular conical shapes with the classic formula? I know some pros still swear by the classic formula, SMLs AG (Aistyn Gillette) formula is supposed to emulate this formula.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 880
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2024, 09:14:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
lil smokies radial fulls

[close]

It continuously pains me to pimp Bones product, but the x97/99 have been a complete game changer for me and I’m also in nyc.  Coming from 52mm FF Classics also to equiv. size and shape in X Formula, is night and day.
[close]

which do you prefer?
i tried dragons, and they are cool for some stuff, but, to me, they are glorified key frames. georgie hit everyone with the ‘10 years of development’ (about the same amount of time that the mini logo trucks were in r&d iirc, a decade being the maximum amount of time us peasant skateboarders can conceive of), and most people seem to love em.
i loved the quietness, of the dragons, and the softer ride was good on my old cranky skeleton.
[close]

I held off as a 10 year formula four devotee as long as I could bear to read positive review and positive review on here.  I’ve tried x99 in 52V1 and 56V6, and now x97 in 54V1.  Coming from formula four id probably go with x99 first in equivalent size and shape.  It’s a noticeable difference in ride smoothness but the slide is pretty normal.  They are not FF but they are close enough where I couldn’t tell much a difference.

I’m on x97 now and since the V1 is like a skinnier classic, it slides very well.  Fine at smooth skateparks too and Superior everywhere else. 

Dragons are more glorified cruiser wheels and certainly have a purpose, but they’re not a close substitute to hard street wheels.
im most likely going with the 53mm v6s in x97
bones contact patches are so damn skinny compared to spits
shouldnt really have a problem sliding them right…..right?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 09:30:23 AM by munchbox »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2024, 09:35:39 AM »
Skate shoes with real cushioning and proper support (I think the 1010/808 are the best in that arena); we're still stuck in the 'Jordon' era of skate shoes for the most part...bball shoes have evolved and improved both the game and player's feet.

Coming from the crosstrainer/workout shoe space, where you have both super flat and wide and cushy/thick, I've noticed a lot of tech that could be used in skating that wouldn't impact board feel/flik/or anything skaters (think) they desire...better ventilation, sole design that would allow for great flexibility (toe box crease sole side), arch support, lacing, insoles, etc...

Now some shoes do try and advance the space, 1010/808 as mentioned, Nyjah 3 (hate on it but it's the most ventilated and cushy thin yet supportive cupsole I've skated), and dare I say, the new Van's Rowan (currently skating them), and thankfully, wide sizes from NB# (I see you 440v2, feb can't come soon enough).

Emerica, Etnies, even much of NB# is just the 'same old' skate shoe design...this can be chalked up to what skaters are willing to pay due to what we put our shoes through/how long they last comparatively speaking - Personally, I have no problems dropping $130 (the workout shoe average) for a trainer that will last 6 months based on daily use, but we all know a skate shoe, on daily use won't last half as long at 1/3 the price (with close to no tech) and the average for 'tech' is creeping up to $110 (Van's prices these days are off the hook) product that hasn't improved in decades.

Sorry for the rant but think of the knees!

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • sup dog
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2024, 07:44:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
lil smokies radial fulls

[close]

[close]

which do you prefer?
I know you didn’t ask me, but the x97s are passable as street skating wheels. X99 even more so.

Meathook

• Rep: 78
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2024, 07:49:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If they brought back the Spitfire Mike Anderson shape, rode like 5 sets of these straight

[close]

these were so good.
[close]

Aren't these the regular conical shapes with the classic formula? I know some pros still swear by the classic formula, SMLs AG (Aistyn Gillette) formula is supposed to emulate this formula.

If I recall, they were a shape that kind of resembled the older conical full formula four.  They were definitely wider than the regular conical iirc. 

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2024, 11:59:48 AM »
Powell/Mini logo 242 shape on DSM R7 wood

50mm xformula or dragons just for me.

DERBY

• Rep: 304
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2024, 03:24:32 PM »

these

BL0B

• Rep: 421
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2024, 09:21:44 AM »

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2024, 10:00:58 AM »
95A Spitfires.

I remember someone made a post about how Spitfire made a pair for Tony Trujillo because he asked as he would've been skating some crusty Euro spots.

I would love a pair as I'm constantly in crusty parking lots skating curbs. And while the 97A wheels are great, something a bit softer would be even better.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2024, 12:27:08 PM »
I seem to recall they made F1 Parkburners in 98a for him? They had some shit brown colorway, skidmarks or some shit.

Banned from the room

« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2024, 03:02:18 PM »
Magnesium trucks would be sick. I remember one. Pretty sure it was a gullwing.

Nick rode the composite gullwing. Matt had the Mags. Don't think they was Trackers. I'm pretty sure those stopped way earlier than 88. That's the year I met those guys I think. I assume these products was like 90 91 tops.

I would love to see venture do it I feel thunder is a better candidate. The hanger is simpler. Be a better test truck.

Early stage's of thunder and venture would be cool too. If themolds exist still.
Old shapes modern metal.

If not just the earing baseplates. CNC it in or whatever? Be cool thing to run maybe.

Ventures should never change nothing tho. Maybe shave.25 mm off the top bushings at most.

Venture could forever as they are.
The proof is in the streets. Everyone is riding them around here. I see tons of ace and 215s tho.

Indy are way less visible than before.

Banned from the room

« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2024, 03:10:44 PM »
I know for me it was the reaction to the removal of the cross that did it for me. No side bloard of mine even.

NEVER going back. Those guys fuckin killed it all the way. And it wasn't even on the vintage trucks.

I had to send photos of vintage trucks to some really really annoying fbers to get them to stop blaming antifa. Lol

Once the proof was up 2 likes. His misinformation comment 700k and climbing.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2024, 09:23:22 PM »

The Gullwing was all graphite. You could grind anything (and we did, brick planters even) and grind them down in a day.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2024, 06:09:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Gullwing was all graphite. You could grind anything (and we did, brick planters even) and grind them down in a day.

Tracker made magnesiums waaaay back in the day.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

“Skateboarding is truly amazing. Wearing a helmet while hitting a handrail can kook you for life, but being an antisocial weirdo with mystique can earn you a pass.” -Some guy on SLAP

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1133
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2024, 06:17:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

what were the g&s trucks made out of?
i had tracker ultralights on my first board. my parents bought it, from a classmate, very gently used (i didn’t pick them out). my mom was bummed when kids from the neighborhood talked me into trading the trackers for their indy’s. i made the right call.
i am surprised i never bought the tensor mags.

BL0B

• Rep: 421
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2024, 11:43:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i had tracker ultralights on my first board. my parents bought it, from a classmate, very gently used (i didn’t pick them out). my mom was bummed when kids from the neighborhood talked me into trading the trackers for their indy’s. i made the right call.

G&S where chrome molly hangers with glass polymer ends, IIRC.

Venture had a Magnesium hanger, that for some reason im remembering looking more like a current thunder hanger then any Venture hanger, no wings or V. i had them at some point around the 90's so i might be confused.

nosneb

• Rep: 90
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2024, 03:02:02 PM »
2024 Thunder 145 low IIs

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2024, 05:50:38 PM »
Silver polished trucks like the old Krux (RIP) had back in the day would be tight.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2024, 09:30:35 PM »
Silver polished trucks like the old Krux (RIP) had back in the day would be tight.
You have those anodized AF-1 with the 50/50 baseplate.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jimgrude

• Rep: 70
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2024, 11:09:00 PM »
~8.5 Chocolate Couch shape.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2024, 11:30:44 PM »
Quarter shoe sizes, full and halfs sometimes don't work.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2024, 10:22:56 AM »
Quarter shoe sizes, full and halfs sometimes don't work.

It's like truck measurements across the industry (cm / inches - like DLXs lame 143/145/147/148 but use 149) it would be so easy....how long is your foot good sir? 10" excellent, you will need a size 10.

Pretty sure manufacturing costs (then passed on to us) would increase massively putting out 1/4 sizing.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2024, 01:13:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You have those anodized AF-1 with the 50/50 baseplate.
No, no… MIRROR finish.

They looked chrome. Late 90’s.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2024, 04:47:25 PM »
X-Large Skate shirts that aren't fucking wide dresses...the overall fit changes massively when you jump from L to XL when it comes to this industry.

Banned from the room

« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2024, 05:29:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

They was steel. With plastic tips and a hollow axle.

Big people bent them. I was tini. Everything grinded. The plastic would get all grooved out. Had to be there. Those trucks rust.

Tensor wasn't my thing. I tried Dan's ogs. They didn't turn. No thanks.

Auto Manny tho.

I would like spit to make more 97a shapes.

On the first of the month I'm copping some 58s because my 54s are so close to fuckin perfect.

But like imagine a 58-60mm OG maybe with a Kader graphic.

Limited run comes with a VioletxSpit swirl glass bong raffle perhaps
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 05:47:44 PM by Uncle Flea »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1133
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2024, 10:22:17 PM »
i liked stage 10s better

onkalo

• Rep: 28
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2024, 12:42:27 PM »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2024, 06:23:23 AM »
A grindline skatepark, shrunk to 3-6 feet high
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2024, 06:38:25 AM »
All my wishes came true when Heroin released the Mutant shape