Author Topic: Shecks of etnies?  (Read 22183 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
Re: Shecks of etnies?
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2024, 07:11:58 AM »

Ghost Face

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2024, 07:14:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Didn't think it would be a non-skate brand. His agent? must of worked a great deal to convince him go that route. Oh well. Get that money? Sellout?
[close]

And it's Mark Wahlberg's brand? If he was at el toro that day he would've backside flipped it for sure

Yeah. I bet they all sat around going "everyone steals skateboarding style, we need a skate shoe and a face to sell them. What about that MTV kid, Ryan?".
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

thehogsniper

• Rep: 45
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2024, 07:15:15 AM »
he fucked himself on this. not even featured on their instagram page, no skate shoe. guy is pretty much washed as it gets, just doing it all for the money. Dream Plan Hustle Repeat? The fuck does that even mean.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2024, 07:16:08 AM »
Shecks bout to start waking up at 3am get prayed up

“All this designer got me drip drip”

Dat part.

ejazzle

• Rep: 83
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2024, 07:27:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn't think it would be a non-skate brand. His agent? must of worked a great deal to convince him go that route. Oh well. Get that money? Sellout?
[close]

And it's Mark Wahlberg's brand? If he was at el toro that day he would've backside flipped it for sure
[close]

Yeah. I bet they all sat around going "everyone steals skateboarding style, we need a skate shoe and a face to sell them. What about that MTV kid, Ryan?".

I’m thinking skecks might have bought into the running shoe company as an investment. Etnies found out and gave him the boot (hence abruptly off the team page) and Sheckler was trying to keep the relationship together by saying to etnies “it’s not a skate shoe it’s a running shoe. I’m just trying to invest in my future after skating” (possibly why shecks left etnies on his ig while he tried to mend the relationship).

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2024, 07:33:36 AM »
That story announcing his new shoe sponsor is followed by a story with a girl who has no legs.

Ghost Face

« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2024, 07:34:15 AM »
You sound like you know something others don't. Municipal TM or HR?

😜
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

thehogsniper

« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2024, 07:41:45 AM »
That story announcing his new shoe sponsor is followed by a story with a girl who has no legs.
Safe to say she's probably not their target market?

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2024, 07:50:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
if u believe it, u can achieve it. Go with christ brah

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
  • sup dog
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2024, 07:55:59 AM »

No! Why!!

The world is truly going down the toilet.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2024, 09:22:25 AM »
I don't know what or who municipal, ethika, melin or JAXXON are but I just assume those are some powerful wizards from the novel Sandlot times. They probably drink Red Bull and wear Oakley sunglasses while they slaughter demons.
IG: @flowterspace

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2024, 09:22:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m thinking skecks might have bought into the running shoe company as an investment. Etnies found out and gave him the boot (hence abruptly off the team page) and Sheckler was trying to keep the relationship together by saying to etnies “it’s not a skate shoe it’s a running shoe. I’m just trying to invest in my future after skating” (possibly why shecks left etnies on his ig while he tried to mend the relationship).

Then what happened

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2024, 09:43:32 AM »
Crazy way to end that partnership. No thank you posts or anything from Sheckler or etnies. I know etnies is notorious for having riders just drop off their pages or just disappear but you’d think that for Sheckler, they would have done something.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
  • sup dog
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2024, 09:52:53 AM »
Crazy way to end that partnership. No thank you posts or anything from Sheckler or etnies. I know etnies is notorious for having riders just drop off their pages or just disappear but you’d think that for Sheckler, they would have done something.
Maybe all parties thought it was best for everyone just not to say anything.

I mean it is kind a bummer that a legacy has ended (even though I just joked about).

Trying to imagine if they had made announcement though:
“Etnies is very proud of our long time partnership, and we’re so proud of his talent and recent part that puts a real feather in his cap of lifetime achievements. We truly hope he’ll continue to do great things… it just won’t be with us. Best of luck, Ry.”

He is a dad now, so maybe he’s gotta rep dad shoes now. I don’t see Etnies with quality dad shoes like NB does, so bye-bye Etnies.

Ghost Face

« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2024, 09:57:13 AM »
Will there be damage control from ethics or you think they'll continue to keep quiet? I can see them try milk him one last time for some likes.

Ghost Face

« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2024, 10:00:22 AM »
Maybe his contract was up Dec 23 and he didn't resign but asked them to keep quiet till he figured his stuff out. And now it's done.

Crust

• Rep: 48
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2024, 12:05:33 PM »
Seemingly a deflective and vague reply by Shecks in the comments.

"No more Etnies?" to which he replies "I can wear both"

Ghost Face

« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2024, 12:47:31 PM »
Is Schecks the 1st pro to have a skate shoe and chiller shoe sponsor? What a twist.

Ninj2

• Rep: -108
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2024, 01:06:19 PM »
Who hasn’t had shoe sponsors and ride for S1 insoles hahaha is the same game. Ernie’s suck tho. You need them S1 insoles or get them Joey berzinskinines ones the Foot print ! Hahahah. You don’t need no insoles in Nikes. You scrubs. Unless you have flat fleet or whatever they used to call cops

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2024, 01:09:43 PM »
Seemingly a deflective and vague reply by Shecks in the comments.

"No more Etnies?" to which he replies "I can wear both"

I’m sure he has some stock piles of Etnies in a garage or something
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2024, 01:31:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
if u believe it, u can achieve it. Go with christ brah

This is the laugh I was not expecting today. Gnars for all of ya.

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2024, 01:32:33 PM »
I could see him on FP Footwear

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2024, 01:34:51 PM »
Going full Andy Mac here. I think Etnies was Sheckler’s last from-the-skateboard-industry sponsor. I don’t even know what those tagged brands supply, and I am not trying to find out. Yeesh.

sutures1995

• Rep: -11
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2024, 04:33:39 PM »
what was the fronted skate shoe

sutures1995

• Rep: -11
« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2024, 04:35:42 PM »
when the company wants to upgrade and release new stuff they bring some of the companies togethor and he probably finished his contract

lurkluke

• Rep: 198
« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2024, 04:42:05 PM »
coulda put a little more effort in than him standing in a store lol

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2024, 07:20:39 PM »
IG user:
“Did etnies dirty”

Skecks:
“no I didn't. We had a 26 year partnership and the time had come where they were willing to let me go. It's all good, they will get new younger skaters and I have to do what is good for me and my family.”

Seems like they didn’t renew his contract or maybe couldn’t come to terms on a new deal. I can see Ryan being the type of guy not settling for less than what he was already getting paid, which was probably inflated. And Etnies seems to be trying to cut costs and salvage what they can for Soletech. Kinda weird Wahlberg started making shoes when he has deep connections with Jordan. Infinitely cooler and I’d assume more lucrative than starting a shoe company that will probably go under.

Ghost Face

« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2024, 11:15:13 PM »
IG user:
“Did etnies dirty”

Skecks:
“no I didn't. We had a 26 year partnership and the time had come where they were willing to let me go. It's all good, they will get new younger skaters and I have to do what is good for me and my family.”

Seems like they didn’t renew his contract or maybe couldn’t come to terms on a new deal. I can see Ryan being the type of guy not settling for less than what he was already getting paid, which was probably inflated. And Etnies seems to be trying to cut costs and salvage what they can for Soletech. Kinda weird Wahlberg started making shoes when he has deep connections with Jordan. Infinitely cooler and I’d assume more lucrative than starting a shoe company that will probably go under.

Nice update. Thanks.

Marky Mark most probly just using it for tax right offs etc.

"That's not a right off!" - Johnny Rose

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1130
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2024, 11:26:27 PM »
Anybody else here actually really like that movie "Fear" with Marky Mark? I play that shit all the time.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

thehogsniper

« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2024, 11:33:00 PM »
IG user:
“Did etnies dirty”

Skecks:

sheckler really doesn't connect to this new generation of skaters. I don't know if this is their direction, but it's clear that soletech desperately needs to gain appeal to younger audiences and to un-fuck itself. Look at the playbook from the DC re-branding. DC got big again by investing time and energy into youth and quality, even with putting out the exact same shoes out as 20 years ago. Sheckler doesn't fit into the new direction they need to go towards, and the money they'd have to pay him can't be justified when he hasn't been legitimately relevant to the product or the consumer they need to target.  getting on a mark wahlberg shoe brand is wack as it comes.