Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4533251 times)

Orangepulp1000 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

typeischeap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 106
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #33600 on: May 07, 2022, 08:57:29 AM »
More Rowans...dress blue / dark gum...sorry not sorry...

Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #33601 on: May 07, 2022, 08:59:44 AM »
Just picked these up.

I really like the look of those. I never had Lakais. I usually always wear Adidas Busenitz. How would they compare?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

LebowskisRug

« Reply #33602 on: May 07, 2022, 10:24:03 AM »

Scored these special edition 991 as chillers for $56 unworn at a secondhand store.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #33603 on: May 07, 2022, 11:11:18 AM »

Scored these special edition 991 as chillers for $56 unworn at a secondhand store.

Goddamn

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #33604 on: May 07, 2022, 12:17:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

As a wearer of the OGs for many years..I didn’t have high hopes for these, but DC was almost giving them away. So I figured I would give them a shot.
[close]

These look so sick in footy . Roommate got this colorway and they are really sick
[close]
These are my go-to shoe, and when you find them on sale…even better!
[close]
Hod do these hold up? Been thinking about re visiting my childhood. Saw some brown black ones on sale and have been very tempted
I can daily wear/skate the same pair for 2-3 months. MAYBE have to shoe goo the ollie area after a while but for the price they hold up well. Max I pay for a pair is 65 with free shipping but they can usually be found for less.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #33605 on: May 07, 2022, 01:12:36 PM »
@LebowskisRug that 991 come up is legendary

Black leather, baby. Wearing the gx1000 jack purcells, pictured are two pairs of JJ jack purcell mids and 3 pairs of vans authentic highs

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #33606 on: May 07, 2022, 02:41:54 PM »
@LebowskisRug that 991 come up is legendary

Black leather, baby. Wearing the gx1000 jack purcells, pictured are two pairs of JJ jack purcell mids and 3 pairs of vans authentic highs

I love this level of commitment

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 104
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33607 on: May 10, 2022, 02:04:00 PM »

Waiting on my youngest to finish at gymnastics so I can go skate the mini.

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #33608 on: May 12, 2022, 07:55:07 AM »
Bought these with my first McDonald's paycheck

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #33609 on: May 12, 2022, 08:07:21 AM »
AREth Bulits

"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #33610 on: May 12, 2022, 08:15:31 AM »
Have been interested in those, nice colorway. Let us know how they skate please.

Picked up some Westgates the other week. Skated them last night for the first time and they feel very nice. Good job NB.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

SaySo

« Reply #33611 on: May 12, 2022, 08:22:36 AM »
Have been interested in those, nice colorway. Let us know how they skate please.

Picked up some Westgates the other week. Skated them last night for the first time and they feel very nice. Good job NB.

Thanks. Still debating whether or not to actually skate them. They're super comfortable, but run about 0.25 - 0.5 size big. Super comfortable shoe though. The locals at the shop here in Japan swear by them.

Remind me of a cross between the OG Penny boots and the IPath Cats.

I wear an 8 in Busenitz/Tyshawns.

Did you get the Westgate 508's? I'm a 7.5 in those too, but an 8 in Tiago's (never skated the Tiago's though, just tried them on). I like the 508's but wish they had slightly more cushioning in the forefoot. But agree, they do feel nice on the feet.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #33612 on: May 12, 2022, 10:42:08 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. Might have to try a pair on before I drop the $.

The 508’s. They feel like a more padded Busenitz. Not a huge difference but enough cushion to make it feel very comfortable to walk around in. I hear nothing but good things about the Tiago but it’s not for me.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #33613 on: May 12, 2022, 05:17:18 PM »
Love those areths @SaySo  I'd make an effort to save up some scratch for some but they just don't make em big enough for me  :-\

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #33614 on: May 12, 2022, 11:13:13 PM »
AREth Bulits

these look amazing. can't seem to find areth here in europe. strong ipath vibes in the best way possible

SaySo

« Reply #33615 on: May 12, 2022, 11:44:34 PM »
Expand Quote
AREth Bulits

[close]

these look amazing. can't seem to find areth here in europe. strong ipath vibes in the best way possible

Love those areths @SaySo  I'd make an effort to save up some scratch for some but they just don't make em big enough for me  :-\

Yeah, even in Japan they are a bit pricey compared to other skate shoes.

Max size is 29cm/11US/10UK/44.5EU

A lot of my taller friends (both native and expat) have serious issues getting shoes here. Either the color ways are wack AF, or the styles are wack, or the double whammy of both.

Whereas back home, I used to have hella trouble finding clothes that fit me.

And since I'm roughly average size here, my sizes are often soul doubt if I don't act fast.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #33616 on: May 16, 2022, 04:19:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fresh Spanx - nice and wide - really comfy too. Classic top down look, bet they bag out nicely.

Last pair of Emerica I skate were Reynolds IIs (had the launch Figgy, hated it, too narrow)

Expand Quote

KSL with G6 insoles. This is the first pair of Emerica’s I’ve worn since the Fat Laced in 2008. Also have some Gamma G6’s that I’ll also skate eventually
[close]

How do the gamma fit in the toebox compared to the Spanx? Been eyeing the Juilans.

[close]

First real session in the Spanx today after 2 days around the house (probably 10 hours), 2 days at the gym (about 6hrs) and one 6 hour driving/sitting and very little walking).

They're fucking great. Didn't have to think about them at all.
[close]

...went to lace them up and popped the eyestay somehow...shoe has wear from skating but nothing led me to think this was due to skating as the outsole isn't worn enough to start clipping this area. Just weak stitching - Crazy glue to the rescue.

@Xen now that it’s been a couple weeks how are the KSLs working for you? Watching spanlys out there has been interested…
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #33617 on: May 16, 2022, 07:17:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fresh Spanx - nice and wide - really comfy too. Classic top down look, bet they bag out nicely.

Last pair of Emerica I skate were Reynolds IIs (had the launch Figgy, hated it, too narrow)

Expand Quote

KSL with G6 insoles. This is the first pair of Emerica’s I’ve worn since the Fat Laced in 2008. Also have some Gamma G6’s that I’ll also skate eventually
[close]

How do the gamma fit in the toebox compared to the Spanx? Been eyeing the Juilans.

[close]

First real session in the Spanx today after 2 days around the house (probably 10 hours), 2 days at the gym (about 6hrs) and one 6 hour driving/sitting and very little walking).

They're fucking great. Didn't have to think about them at all.
[close]

...went to lace them up and popped the eyestay somehow...shoe has wear from skating but nothing led me to think this was due to skating as the outsole isn't worn enough to start clipping this area. Just weak stitching - Crazy glue to the rescue.

[close]

@Xen now that it’s been a couple weeks how are the KSLs working for you? Watching spanlys out there has been interested…

I love them. I rotated out/back to my NB440s to compare after a few weeks and my feet (arch) started to hurt mid session, 2nd, 3rd sessions after feet still hurt (and at night) so I rotated back to the KSLs. Not a dig on the 440s it's just what happened; not sure why as my feet never hurt when I was skating the 440s (they do feel long/big compared to the KSLs now but NB sizing has never really worked for me).

Switched back to KSLs and no issues with foot pain. Fit right, grippy, nice flik, good padding, broke in easy and they've kept their shape. It's very much a traditional skate silhouette so I just assumed it would bag out like they do. Not yet.

My first Emericas since the Figgy one (wasn't a fan after a while) and I don't see myself switching out to another brand unless I can't find these.

Holding up great as well; that one off issue with the eyestay stitching seems like a fluke (and is fine with a bit of crazy glue).

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -46
« Reply #33618 on: May 17, 2022, 04:30:13 PM »
KSL’s fitting true to size? What’s the verdict ?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #33619 on: May 17, 2022, 05:52:07 PM »
Yes, KSL G6 is a true to size shoe. They were TTS for me
Super Champion Fun Zone

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #33620 on: May 17, 2022, 09:06:01 PM »

I feel like these are going to be a new favorite. The fit and cushion are just right. I also like looking down and imagining some white Sheeps a la Ed T.

SaySo

« Reply #33621 on: May 17, 2022, 11:17:25 PM »

I feel like these are going to be a new favorite. The fit and cushion are just right. I also like looking down and imagining some white Sheeps a la Ed T.

Nice! Kinda giving me DC Danny Way 1 vibes as well.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #33622 on: May 18, 2022, 12:55:22 AM »
I love seeing more and more Emericas in this thread. Its been my favourite company since I started skating 20 years ago, Heritics were my first real skate shoe. To this day, its all I wear. Ive had some other shoes of course, total maybe like 5-10 pairs since 2002.

Anyway, right now, some white Laced (first pair of white shoes in like 10 years, feels weird as fuck)

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #33623 on: May 18, 2022, 04:49:20 AM »
Emerica seems to be slaying it atm, with the inspo of late I reckon i'll grab some!

Just skating the Neen William FP shoe atm.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #33624 on: May 18, 2022, 05:17:14 AM »

Damn these are pretty much perfect.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #33625 on: May 18, 2022, 10:59:12 AM »

LRAB VM003s just showed up yesterday, they actually feel great. Going to wear them for a bit but looking forward to skating them in a couple of weeks.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #33626 on: May 22, 2022, 08:07:02 AM »

Picked up some Louie’s for a good deal. Really dig this color it’s a lil more funky than my usual but I’m not mad about it.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #33627 on: May 22, 2022, 01:53:10 PM »

Deducting 0.2 points for the pebble trap on the Gammas. Still highly recommend them though.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #33628 on: May 22, 2022, 03:57:14 PM »
Yes, KSL G6 is a true to size shoe. They were TTS for me

I concur

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1372
« Reply #33629 on: May 23, 2022, 03:46:22 PM »

I had these Hopps Pro Leathers for awhile before skating this this year. Skated them for two months from late March to now. Very good shoes, had some good times in these. The grip's wearing thin as well as the toebox, and I'd like to skate lighter-coloured shoes, so I'm switching to these Blazers I've had on ice.

I like the Blazers, skated a mini in them a few times during the winter, but no street skating. Only thing is that I literally need a shoehorn to put them on. But once they're on, they feel good.

Edit - after I posted this I thought about relacing them to try and make them looser, and it worked, but not by much.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 04:21:50 PM by Madam, I'm Adam »