Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4576050 times)

TheCrimsonShroud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 98
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34590 on: July 04, 2023, 01:07:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The regular Sk8 Hi is rubbish. Make sure you get the "Skate" version.
[close]
It’s just silly though. Imagine if you had to pay more for the “basketball” version of Jordans. Like, vans are supposedly for skating
[close]

Ha yeah for sure!

The only difference is there is a lot more to the Skate or even the older Pro range, but I wouldn't know if there was anything different at all in the Jordan shoe.

A single dollar more at the manufacturing end will often end up in the ten dollar plus range at retail stores though, twenty if it is here in AU or other places that have more hands to pass through to get to the end consumer.
[close]

The “skate” version of the Jordan 4s are miles better in comfort than the regular ones to the point where I heard they might be changing the regular one to incorporate the changes made by the SB version.  (I think I saw Koston alluding to something like that)

I feel dirty saying it, but that’s something I like about Nike. They actually do push shoe tech and will apply it across lines. It might cost more for their premium shit, but they also don’t sell their price point shoes with no tech and act like it’s for this or that sport.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #34591 on: July 04, 2023, 02:29:58 PM »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #34592 on: July 04, 2023, 04:17:06 PM »
^Save those insoles! The best.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #34593 on: July 04, 2023, 04:56:34 PM »
^Save those insoles! The best.

I was just literally telling my friend seconds ago how nice these air pockets are.  So fucking sick

logjammin

• Rep: 365
« Reply #34594 on: July 04, 2023, 07:14:47 PM »
Anyone try the adidas samba adv in recent months? Are they tight in the toe area? I don't think I've ever tried a pair of Adidas skate shoes. I remember the classic samba used to fit fine back in the day but companies love to change their last.

Daydream

• Rep: 82
« Reply #34595 on: July 04, 2023, 07:27:30 PM »
Anyone try the adidas samba adv in recent months? Are they tight in the toe area? I don't think I've ever tried a pair of Adidas skate shoes. I remember the classic samba used to fit fine back in the day but companies love to change their last.
yea toes were a little snug, but that’s kind of the nature of the shape and more narrow shoe
 the tongue centering straps was the most annoying..  hr maybe it’s my foot shape. it kept pulling the tongue down. Felt like I was constantly pulling the tongue back up .

pops

• Rep: 263
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34596 on: July 05, 2023, 12:02:34 PM »
Shanahan Metrics. Bye bye foot pain.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #34597 on: July 05, 2023, 11:06:55 PM »

Damn. Those look right up my alley. Let us know how they skate!

pops

« Reply #34598 on: July 05, 2023, 11:29:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn. Those look right up my alley. Let us know how they skate!

Only been walking with these so far and they feel great. The outsole feels very much like Legacy Slims. I'm not sure if this is the exact same outsole, I only had one pair of Legacy slims some years back so I dont remember. I had to get .5 size bigger because the sizing fits smaller than normal. I normally wear 9 in almost every brand (KSL, 440, Vans Skate line lately) but with these I would advice going up 0.5. These feel snug but not tight or narrow for me, fit is comfy and soft. I believe when broken in these will fit even better. I'm gonna skate these today and will report back how they perform. These are not my usual style for sure but I'm definitely hyped I got these. Cant wait to try the Shanahan pros when available.

pops

« Reply #34599 on: July 06, 2023, 08:23:49 AM »
A little update and first impression. I had time for a two hour session and mostly did flip tricks and cruising around. I haven't skated in two weeks since I got hurt. Today body was feeling ok to skate.

I had to get used to the outsole, there's almost no board feel at first but started feeling my board better after some skating.

I needed to tighten my laces quite a bit every now and then but thats probably the shoe starting to break in and starting to mold into my foot shape. This caused a bit of heel slip. After about 30mins that went away and foot felt locked in all the time.

The part of the outsole where you flick is some kind of foamy material that is very slippery at first but after wearing out starts to feel grippier. I was losing even my ollies at first because of that but eventually the grip started to evolve and I could do my tricks normally.

The shoe definitely feels kinda clumsy and boxy at first (coming feom skating the KSL and 440) but started to feel better and better as I skated it more.

This wear is about two hours of ollies, kickflips and treflips.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34600 on: July 06, 2023, 09:46:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
It’s just silly though. Imagine if you had to pay more for the “basketball” version of Jordans. Like, vans are supposedly for skating
[close]

Ha yeah for sure!

The only difference is there is a lot more to the Skate or even the older Pro range, but I wouldn't know if there was anything different at all in the Jordan shoe.

A single dollar more at the manufacturing end will often end up in the ten dollar plus range at retail stores though, twenty if it is here in AU or other places that have more hands to pass through to get to the end consumer.
[close]

The “skate” version of the Jordan 4s are miles better in comfort than the regular ones to the point where I heard they might be changing the regular one to incorporate the changes made by the SB version.  (I think I saw Koston alluding to something like that)

As someone who has always loved the design of the 4 but never owned a pair (I would never wear them), I’m curious why everyone says their so uncomfortable?

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 155
« Reply #34601 on: July 06, 2023, 03:31:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ha yeah for sure!

[close]

[close]

As someone who has always loved the design of the 4 but never owned a pair (I would never wear them), I’m curious why everyone says their so uncomfortable?

Of all the og jordans , 1 through 14, i think the comfiest have been the 2s. It was the most unpopular model till the Offwhite collab. My favorite one. Regular 4 feel clunky. 2s fit good and are flexy.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #34602 on: July 06, 2023, 04:53:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ha yeah for sure!

[close]

[close]

I don’t know what they exactly did to retool them.   I think there might be an article somewhere bc Koston said they were R&Ding the model for a year, but anecdotally, there is no longer any tightness or breaking in needed in the toe knuckle area

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34603 on: July 06, 2023, 06:28:29 PM »

Oh it’s ON

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #34604 on: July 06, 2023, 11:56:30 PM »
A little update and first impression. I had time for a two hour session and mostly did flip tricks and cruising around. I haven't skated in two weeks since I got hurt. Today body was feeling ok to skate.

I had to get used to the outsole, there's almost no board feel at first but started feeling my board better after some skating.

I needed to tighten my laces quite a bit every now and then but thats probably the shoe starting to break in and starting to mold into my foot shape. This caused a bit of heel slip. After about 30mins that went away and foot felt locked in all the time.

The part of the outsole where you flick is some kind of foamy material that is very slippery at first but after wearing out starts to feel grippier. I was losing even my ollies at first because of that but eventually the grip started to evolve and I could do my tricks normally.

The shoe definitely feels kinda clumsy and boxy at first (coming feom skating the KSL and 440) but started to feel better and better as I skated it more.

Thanks for the update! I've committed to solely skating cupsoles about 7 months ago and haven't looked back. The additional support is well worth the prolonged break-in time imo.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34605 on: July 06, 2023, 11:58:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks for the update! I've committed to solely skating cupsoles about 7 months ago and haven't looked back. The additional support is well worth the prolonged break-in time imo.
Best call ever.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #34606 on: July 07, 2023, 07:04:43 AM »

Not quite Shanahans but Metrics none the less. I can vouch for what pops is saying. They definitely feel a little clunky and boxy. I went up half a size and the toe box is still tight. That said, they’re definitely supportive and I feel like taking the time to break them in will pay dividends.

pops

« Reply #34607 on: July 07, 2023, 09:38:24 AM »

Not quite Shanahans but Metrics none the less. I can vouch for what pops is saying. They definitely feel a little clunky and boxy. I went up half a size and the toe box is still tight. That said, they’re definitely supportive and I feel like taking the time to break them in will pay dividends.

I was looking for the regular Metrics too but didn't find where I usually order my gear. Then I saw the shanahans and thought I would try them. I'm slowly getting used to the sole. I wasn't even noticing the difference much today as I walked in the shoes the whole day. I would like to know how those Metrics skate if you ever will.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 09:58:43 AM by pops »

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #34608 on: July 07, 2023, 10:04:44 AM »
Expand Quote

Just picked up the new LRAB cups, shout out to Kingswell. Crazy how comfortable they are. Ugly as fucking hell.
[close]

They look sick don’t even lie

I'm not going to even front on those Milic's, they do look sick.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #34609 on: July 08, 2023, 02:34:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was looking for the regular Metrics too but didn't find where I usually order my gear. Then I saw the shanahans and thought I would try them. I'm slowly getting used to the sole. I wasn't even noticing the difference much today as I walked in the shoes the whole day. I would like to know how those Metrics skate if you ever will.

I’ll definitely give an update. I’m just wearing them around for a few days before I skate em. I’m interested in how it goes. I wore them all day yesterday and was expecting my feet to hurt but they didn’t.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34610 on: July 08, 2023, 03:03:14 AM »

Solid first session. 4th 808 in a row ❤️
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

ldmch11

• Rep: -5
« Reply #34611 on: July 08, 2023, 05:14:51 AM »
the cups

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #34612 on: July 08, 2023, 07:51:50 AM »

How do 808s fit compared to say, 574s? I went a half size up in latter for work shoes and I want to get some actual Numerics now

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #34613 on: July 08, 2023, 08:01:57 AM »

Went the opposite direction of my typical shoe purchases but these were a solid price so I figured I’d try them out. Def wanted the cups, but I gotta get rid of some shoes before I grab those.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #34614 on: July 08, 2023, 10:49:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How do 808s fit compared to say, 574s? I went a half size up in latter for work shoes and I want to get some actual Numerics now
Never skated 574 but 808 for me are TTS, I had them +.5 and they worked well too.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #34615 on: July 08, 2023, 03:21:50 PM »

Etnies Estrella

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #34616 on: July 09, 2023, 08:51:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Never skated 574 but 808 for me are TTS, I had them +.5 and they worked well too.

if you mind i chime in. TTS was waaay too narrow for me but lenght was managable. def try them on if you can. Most people in the NB containment thread were half size up as i remember.
sot saying the guy above me is wrong though. if you have wider/ medium wide feet tts could work but they felt rather narrow fpr me. i am TTS in dunk highs and fastbreaks if that helps.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #34617 on: July 09, 2023, 11:26:36 AM »

VM003

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #34618 on: July 09, 2023, 12:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

if you mind i chime in. TTS was waaay too narrow for me but lenght was managable. def try them on if you can. Most people in the NB containment thread were half size up as i remember.
sot saying the guy above me is wrong though. if you have wider/ medium wide feet tts could work but they felt rather narrow fpr me. i am TTS in dunk highs and fastbreaks if that helps.
I agree. If you can't try them go safe and size .5 up

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65425
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34619 on: July 09, 2023, 01:08:26 PM »