Author Topic: Oh the joys of recent purchases.  (Read 767390 times)

Deucifer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Oh the joys of recent purchases.
« Reply #5490 on: January 16, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
just got this rig all rig'd up. Only got to play for a second on my lunch break today, but it HURTS with the master at 9 o'clock and gain at noon. heh

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 02:31:37 PM by Deucifer »
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #5491 on: January 16, 2017, 03:50:22 PM »
Expand Quote
MJ Staples and Thunder 151's. Should I spray paint it all black?
[close]
Yes. Even the water bottle.
I see Pellegrino and I want to paint it black.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #5492 on: January 16, 2017, 04:22:07 PM »
Got these as a belated Christmas present. From Skullcandy skull crushers that had a coil jammed definite improvement.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5493 on: January 17, 2017, 01:58:59 AM »
I've been collecting Akira art for 15 years. My wife got me these for my x'mas / early 40th birthday present.

Can't believe I actually own the dome explosion setup. Seeing that shot is what inspired me to start collecting.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5494 on: January 31, 2017, 07:47:51 AM »

im driving down to florida for a week later this month and wont be able to bring my guitar because the car will be so packed. i decided to pick up a cheap ukulele at the guitar store instead. for $30, its pretty fun. i can play wipe out.  8)

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #5495 on: January 31, 2017, 09:16:52 AM »
Buying an ukulele was one of the dumbest purchases I've ever made. It was fun for only a while. I ended up selling it for cheap to an artsy friend... he's gotten quite good at it and absolutely loves the instrument.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5496 on: January 31, 2017, 09:30:42 AM »
A ukelele in a girl's room is a sign you probably won't have sex with her and if you do she will be really really weird about it because she's just weird about sex in general.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #5497 on: January 31, 2017, 09:38:24 AM »
A ukelele in a girl's room is a sign you probably won't have sex with her and if you do she will be really really weird about it because she's just weird about sex in general.
My ex's sister had a uekelele and she'd suck everybody's dick.
you never know about pre-cum 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5498 on: January 31, 2017, 09:46:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Okay everybody but his ex's sister. If you're in her room go for it I hear she'll suck your dick.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5499 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Okay everybody but his ex's sister. If you're in her room go for it I hear she'll suck your dick.

does she live in florida?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5500 on: January 31, 2017, 10:15:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

does she live in florida?

I hope so

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #5501 on: February 01, 2017, 06:26:35 AM »
bought my first set of decent darts.  i little heavy though.  great improvement.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #5502 on: February 01, 2017, 09:36:18 AM »
bought my first set of decent darts.  i little heavy though.  great improvement.

hell yea.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5503 on: February 01, 2017, 05:00:44 PM »
kinda retroactive but I recently dropped the hammer on one of these:
https://orientwatchusa.com/shop/mens-watches/faa02005d9/
any watch heads on SLAP? It's my second automatic but I'm so in love with it <3

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5504 on: February 02, 2017, 08:10:07 AM »

It's something I want to be once I'm a real grown-up. My current (and only, not counting kiddie shit) watch costed a fraction of the price, someday I want to live large and buy myself something nice.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5505 on: February 02, 2017, 08:44:06 AM »
https://www.slow-watches.com/the-store/slow-o?

i came across these one handed watches a while ago and thought they looked pretty cool. $300 is too much for me to spend on a watch though. i know thats not very expensive in watch terms, but ive trashed every watch ive owned and im not ready to spend that much on something ill probably break or scratch up.

my fiancee got me this one for christmas and it think it was less than $50. im not crazy about the branding on it, but other than that its a pretty cool watch.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5506 on: February 02, 2017, 09:43:59 AM »
https://www.slow-watches.com/the-store/slow-o?

i came across these one handed watches a while ago and thought they looked pretty cool. $300 is too much for me to spend on a watch though. i know thats not very expensive in watch terms, but ive trashed every watch ive owned and im not ready to spend that much on something ill probably break or scratch up.

my fiancee got me this one for christmas and it think it was less than $50. im not crazy about the branding on it, but other than that its a pretty cool watch.

I know it's a bold statement, but what's the use for a one-handed clock? Do you get really good at telling the time from it, even if there's only one hand? Maybe it's a "only count the sunny hours" kind of deal.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5507 on: February 02, 2017, 09:54:33 AM »
theres no use for it. i just like the way they look. i cant tell exactly what time it is, but i know around what time it is. if i absolutely need to know the correct time, i have my phone.

its a really stupid watch anyway you look at it, but i like it so  :P

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5508 on: February 02, 2017, 04:17:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's something I want to be once I'm a real grown-up. My current (and only, not counting kiddie shit) watch costed a fraction of the price, someday I want to live large and buy myself something nice.
hahaha I feel you on that one! I only really started getting into watches at my current job because my old manager was like, "you can't rock a suit without a nice watch ... and you certainly shouldn't be using your phone to check the time/ date when in business meetings etc."
I started with a few quartz models but recently fell in love with automatics ... probably a terrible idea seeing as they aren't cheap and I have a wife/ kid combo. Seiko make some great reasonably priced automatics though if you're needing a good gateway drug?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:47:17 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5509 on: February 02, 2017, 04:29:44 PM »
T TOUCH ALL DAY

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5510 on: February 02, 2017, 04:42:18 PM »
theres no use for it. i just like the way they look. i cant tell exactly what time it is, but i know around what time it is. if i absolutely need to know the correct time, i have my phone.

its a really stupid watch anyway you look at it, but i like it so  :P
hey man, rock what you like/ what feels good. as you said your phone will ALWAYS bee more accurate (my tool watch app links you to an atomic clock ffs) and even with automatics they are going to lose/ gain a few seconds a day. I just like wearing watches these days, swapping out bands etc. makes them a lot more versatile too like I'll have that orient on an oyster bracelet for work and then chuck a nato on it for the weekend when I'm rocking jeans or I'm more business casual. anyway, be warned watches are a slippery slope, I'm already eyeing a $500 watch and thinking like "meh, it's not that expensive" :'(
$300 isn't that bad and you could get a pretty good "beater" style watch if you're hard on them? that orient I got will easily last me 10+ years so if you do the math it isn't that bad in the scheme of things...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:46:00 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5511 on: February 02, 2017, 04:51:26 PM »
T TOUCH ALL DAY
you really rocking a tissot tracer? not my cup of tea but titanium casing and a sapphire crystal means you'll certainly get your money's worth

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5512 on: February 02, 2017, 05:00:13 PM »
Expand Quote
T TOUCH ALL DAY
[close]
you really rocking a tissot tracer? not my cup of tea but titanium casing and a sapphire crystal means you'll certainly get your money's worth
No but if I have a good year I'm getting one. Really good year/decade :

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5513 on: February 02, 2017, 05:15:16 PM »
GS's are the bomb, I think you'd be much happier with one of them (it will age better too!)
http://www.longislandwatch.com/search_results_a/258.html?search=bambino
orient bambinos are only $117 here if you're looking for a nice dress watch. that's fucking bargain for a hand-windable automatic with in house movement :o

colin

« Reply #5514 on: February 02, 2017, 07:56:23 PM »

I got one of these off ebay a while back:

then I got one of these to keep it going on weekends, when I don't wear it:

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5515 on: February 02, 2017, 10:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got one of these off ebay a while back:

then I got one of these to keep it going on weekends, when I don't wear it:
Dayum! a legit one? Good thing is you probably won't have to buy many more watches in your lifetime. Good call on the winder too. My Orient hacks/ hand winds so it doesn't usually run out during the week when I'm wearing my (seiko 5) beater

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5516 on: February 04, 2017, 05:59:22 PM »
Suunto makes some badass GPS watches too now. I'd consider one of those because the flashy ones are super effeminate to me. No judgement though, not everyone is a 4am black coffee type. But think of how intimidating you could be in your business noose and italian branded chinese made jacket shirts with something actually useful on your wrist.

I have been on a splurge lately gearing up for backpacking season.

I got another pair of whites built off the measurements of my feet, centennial hikers.

I picked up a gregory baltoro GZ and made the switch to USB everything (GPS, UV water purifier, headlamp, blah blah blah).

I'm trying to find a affordable solo UL tent next, and some super dork zip hiking pants.

God damn spending money on gear feels too good.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #5517 on: February 04, 2017, 06:31:05 PM »

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
« Reply #5518 on: February 05, 2017, 09:18:46 AM »
Suunto makes some badass GPS watches too now. I'd consider one of those because the flashy ones are super effeminate to me. No judgement though, not everyone is a 4am black coffee type. But think of how intimidating you could be in your business noose and italian branded chinese made jacket shirts with something actually useful on your wrist.

I got another pair of whites built off the measurements of my feet, centennial hikers.

I picked up a gregory baltoro GZ and made the switch to USB everything (GPS, UV water purifier, headlamp, blah blah blah).

I'm trying to find a affordable solo UL tent next, and some super dork zip hiking pants.

White's makes the best boots. I need to go get my smoke jumpers rebuilt. Probably won't be until after this fire season though.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5519 on: February 06, 2017, 09:22:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
White's makes the best boots. I need to go get my smoke jumpers rebuilt. Probably won't be until after this fire season though.

If it is just the sole being rebuilt and you don't care about the warranty you can have a cobbler handle it in your town. White's charges close to $250 for a rebuild, $125 for just the sole, a cobbler will do it for $60.. Weigh it out, new smoke jumpers at federal discount are what, like $350 out the door, $450 for general public. Two rebuilds on the same pair make it hard to argue not buying a new pair all together.
  Unless you got that attachment to the original upper, which I understand too. The engineer on the crew I was on was running the same uppers from the 1980's, wild shit man.
  I saw a pair of Nick's in person and was impressed too. Super nice craftsmanship on them.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.