Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3071061 times)

breezy_again

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 57
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #44160 on: September 22, 2023, 05:40:45 AM »
can't forget SOBRIETY! that and those others up there ^ plus hooking up the homies so they don't have to pay full retail prices to keep shredding. wholesale for the homies 1000X

hmmoookay

• Rep: 71
  • content nausea
« Reply #44161 on: September 23, 2023, 03:09:47 AM »
discovering that I am indeed a morning person and not a night person. always felt forced, feels good to settle in to a bit of a better rhythm.

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #44162 on: September 23, 2023, 10:43:36 AM »
Daughter just learned how to wave and is constantly cheesin' and waving her hand at my wife and I.  Love it
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #44163 on: September 24, 2023, 04:03:01 PM »
The New York Times Crossword Puzzle on Friday had a skate clue.

“McTwist, for one” at 1A. Bam, first up! Amazing. The answer was “Skateboard Trick.” The only other skate-related answer I ever see clued is “ollie.”

They features it in their daily Wordplay column too under “Tricky Clues.” A most pleasant surprise to see two of my favorite pastimes combined.

From Caitlin Lovinger:

1A. My reflexive guess for “McTwist, for one” involved fast food — namely, an ice cream sundae. The answer is so much cooler; it’s a SKATEBOARD TRICK, invented by Mike McGill, involving a front flip and a 540-degree rotation. McGill’s twist, a.k.a. a “McTwist.”

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8_-bqsbHfeI&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2F

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #44164 on: September 24, 2023, 05:30:28 PM »
I won the NET match play championship at my local course. I worked really hard on my game this year, but never thought I'd pull it all the way through. Proud of myself!

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 829
« Reply #44165 on: September 25, 2023, 05:39:15 AM »
Found out there is a video game library here at work with PS5's and fuck tonnes of PS3/4/5 games. Booked one (PS5 )for in two weeks when I've got time off. I've been here for nine years and didn't know it existed..

Bill Salt

« Reply #44166 on: September 25, 2023, 07:25:52 AM »
Titanic

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 549
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #44167 on: September 25, 2023, 09:38:46 PM »
After two weeks of pretty much a constant panic attack, I’ve found a place to live after being served a notice of eviction.

I feel so light right now it’s insane

slippy

« Reply #44168 on: September 26, 2023, 08:59:12 AM »
After two weeks of pretty much a constant panic attack, I’ve found a place to live after being served a notice of eviction.

I feel so light right now it’s insane

Huge ups!  Happy to hear you came out the other end!

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #44169 on: September 26, 2023, 08:21:08 PM »
My stds are going away. I think I’m in the clear. If you’ve ever had ureaplasma and or mycoplasma then you’ll understand my relief. Feels amazing to not to deal with testicular pain and penis pain anymore.

heinzketchup

• Rep: 58
« Reply #44170 on: September 28, 2023, 02:29:13 AM »
its almost weekend and i have free till tuesday
i have a lot of free time which isnt the norm so i can chill and skate a lot this weekend
theres 2 food events im hyped about going to in my city and a punk rock show on sunday where a good homie is visiting
im on a real excitment high right now :D

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44171 on: September 28, 2023, 09:36:46 PM »
Heading 14 hours tomorrow to the desert.
The day after, the thrasher death match.
Solitude of the road, then the sweet sounds of suicidal tendencies.
Life in your 30s is weird, but aight.
Stoked?
I think so.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

hmmoookay

• Rep: 71
  • content nausea
« Reply #44172 on: September 29, 2023, 03:36:46 AM »
Put out some job applications over the past few weeks and have had some signs in a positive direction on a couple of them. No interviews yet but after 4 years of adjunct teaching for less money than its worth, the thought of a possible career change (possibly still in a creative sector) is at the same time scary and extremely exciting. Can't help but get a little preemptively stoked on the thought of something different and a location change. Fingers crossed.

Shellac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -11
« Reply #44173 on: September 29, 2023, 06:37:46 AM »
30 days alcohol free, not a drop.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 81
« Reply #44174 on: October 02, 2023, 08:06:30 AM »
Reconnected with one of my best friends I hadn't seen or heard from in about two years on Saturday due to him having to deal with personal issues. Really brought me out of the slow burning depression that was setting in after my shop was robbed Friday. I missed the fuck out of this human.

Banned from the room

« Reply #44175 on: October 02, 2023, 09:27:40 AM »

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #44176 on: October 02, 2023, 05:30:57 PM »
been giving cigarettes to homeless people in an effort to start smoking less. i figure they can probably use them more than me, and it's the least i can do to help
anyway this woman i gave one to two days ago remembered my face and came up to me earlier today, asked how i was going etc. just stoked that it meant enough for her to still know who i was
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Banned from the room

« Reply #44177 on: October 02, 2023, 07:09:17 PM »
been giving cigarettes to homeless people in an effort to start smoking less. i figure they can probably use them more than me, and it's the least i can do to help
anyway this woman i gave one to two days ago remembered my face and came up to me earlier today, asked how i was going etc. just stoked that it meant enough for her to still know who i was

Hell yeah. Good stuff

californiaburrito

• Rep: 1
« Reply #44178 on: October 03, 2023, 12:17:45 PM »
I have a problem sleeping in, like pretty gnarly. I've been wanting change and finally started waking up before 9, so stoked. ;D

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #44179 on: October 03, 2023, 03:13:28 PM »
I joined this employment program/work experience thing since seasonal work is drying up here and it wasnt consistent anyway. Trying to better myself and get something else going on since I've been on a pretty self destructive path of sleeping all day, drinking all night and whoring around like a total degenerate. Didn't get the greatest start since I was up til 5 am doing the former 2 things but I made it there on time survived the first day. To a brighter tomorrow.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #44180 on: October 03, 2023, 05:45:04 PM »
10 productive work hours today followed by finally hitting a 3 mile run. Don't think i've made it to 3 in about two years so i'm pretty stoked

Banned from the room

« Reply #44181 on: October 03, 2023, 06:15:24 PM »
10 productive work hours today followed by finally hitting a 3 mile run. Don't think i've made it to 3 in about two years so i'm pretty stoked

Hell yeah. Get some. Being active is the beez knees

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #44182 on: October 05, 2023, 10:09:06 PM »
Not having covid anymore. Went out skating in some very public places today, got drinks and food with my good homie afterwards, shit was tight. Did a front board firecracker that felt real nice

slippy

« Reply #44183 on: October 06, 2023, 09:31:26 AM »
After having my daughter I took 8 months pretty much out of physical activity.  Was not being the healthiest but after ~10 sessions back in the pool I swam a mile straight in 31 minutes!  Years ago when I was more into it I was around 29-30 so I was super surprised when I looked at the clock.  Feeling like I'm not as far gone as I thought and excited to keep it up and see it translate to my skating.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #44184 on: October 06, 2023, 05:23:43 PM »
I am enjoying my new gig even though it's a little nasty. It's at a mattress recycling center and we strip them down for the foam, skeletal base, and keep the textile pillow top things if they have them and then toss the rest. Making long perfect cuts down the sides with a serrated box cutter is kind of satisfying and reminds me of gripping a board. Lots of brute force and tearing shit apart helps release a lot of my pent-up rage. Everyone there is really nice and I seem to fit in well enough and get along with them all. One of the dudes bought me lunch today for driving him to the place and one of the girls working there gave me her number. It's certainly a vast improvement over sleeping all day and dwelling on all my problems. I still miss my ex and my children dearly but for the first time in a couple months I feel pretty good.

the_dangery_bois

• Rep: 67
  • Uncle Flea for Editor and Chief.
« Reply #44185 on: October 06, 2023, 05:29:34 PM »
That sounds pretty dope! Staying up on a hustle is how I keep my cap pointed North, for sure.  A mind is a terrible place to live.
Vroom.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #44186 on: October 07, 2023, 09:50:15 PM »
I am enjoying my new gig even though it's a little nasty. It's at a mattress recycling center and we strip them down for the foam, skeletal base, and keep the textile pillow top things if they have them and then toss the rest. Making long perfect cuts down the sides with a serrated box cutter is kind of satisfying and reminds me of gripping a board. Lots of brute force and tearing shit apart helps release a lot of my pent-up rage. Everyone there is really nice and I seem to fit in well enough and get along with them all. One of the dudes bought me lunch today for driving him to the place and one of the girls working there gave me her number. It's certainly a vast improvement over sleeping all day and dwelling on all my problems. I still miss my ex and my children dearly but for the first time in a couple months I feel pretty good.

Fuck yes, glad you’re doing better!

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #44187 on: October 08, 2023, 11:00:23 AM »

Fuck yeah - very very stoked for you ❤️. Good things are coming!

On my own tip, I had botched dental work 2 weeks ago that had been a brutal recovery process. Last night was the first night I didn’t have to take pain killers more than once. It still hurt but it wasn’t this unbearable pain I’ve had for the last 12 days.

Got some basic Halloween decorations up today. That was cool. Most I’ve moved in a bit.

I went on a work trip 3 weeks ago and gained some weight. I’ve been on a weight loss journaey so I wasn’t stoked on this. Serendipitously, due to only being able to eat soft foods, I’m back at my weight prior to the trip. I’m dying to eat something more than pudding with protein powder or a smoothie though.

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #44188 on: October 09, 2023, 09:04:08 AM »

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44189 on: October 09, 2023, 04:29:52 PM »
This Wednesday is my last day working my job at the city Library. My wife got a big raise so she is able to cover some of the bills. I still have my job at the school being a librarian but its nice not to have 2 jobs and have weekends off.