Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3074156 times)

lampshade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42840 on: September 14, 2021, 12:46:40 PM »
Expand Quote
That shit is the biggest joke ay, full splurged a few times last week and it wasn’t even good
When you add it up you’re fully kidding yourself, you get so much more in ingredients at Aldi and it’s actually nice
[close]
shit makes me laugh everytime. probably like eating cheese slices out of a microwave with the wrap on

I hate that shit.  I can walk to a bunch of restaunts and three grocery stores, but ocanionally I get lazy or if it's raining and end up spending $30+ on grubhub.  When it's not good I get so bummed.   

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42841 on: September 14, 2021, 08:17:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That shit is the biggest joke ay, full splurged a few times last week and it wasn’t even good
When you add it up you’re fully kidding yourself, you get so much more in ingredients at Aldi and it’s actually nice
[close]
shit makes me laugh everytime. probably like eating cheese slices out of a microwave with the wrap on
[close]

I hate that shit.  I can walk to a bunch of restaunts and three grocery stores, but ocanionally I get lazy or if it's raining and end up spending $30+ on grubhub.  When it's not good I get so bummed.   

i don't even trust delivery anymore, there are good spots in my town, but i don't live in their delivery area apparently. all spots that i can get food from suck lately.

i feel sick to my stomach in multiple ways after spending 20-30 quid on an unsatisfying meal with some items cold or straight up missing.

still love to eat out though, i haven't done it a lot during the pandemic, but been splurging at work(and let work pay for the food). and on friday and saturday it's free tacos in exchange for mojitos again because the taqueria downstairs from work is open.

Banned from the room

« Reply #42842 on: September 15, 2021, 02:01:41 PM »
Alan b Shepherd's like grandfather's? copy of Richardson's Monitor of freemasonry

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #42843 on: September 16, 2021, 07:00:23 AM »
I’d just keep it flea that’s a mad book to have

Idk maybe it’s different in other countries but the masons shit is just for cunts to hide from their wifes and also business networking, no shit not a member but the homie is, his granddad was fully up in there

I been there and it’s just a bar it’s just like a club for cunts that don’t want to get bothered

The bro doesn’t even go there anymore cause it’s boring as shit they’re too old and lame deadset

I don’t reckon it’s a cover up or anything but this just my experience, they were all super normal just old
They all drank fuck all so maybe they were playing but you’d think a lizard in a suit could do whatever
I reckon it’s all bullshit like a mason conspiracy

But I came here to post so I used to do high rise and I fucken enjoyed it but fucked it off to do own shit and that was mad but all these cunts I know are doing a particular job and I wanted to be all yeah the boys so I went and signed on today start Monday

I full missed high rise ay and enterprise bargaining agreements are mad, reckon you seppos fucked that one up
Meterage is sick but you full tax your body like every job you full send it and get all beat to shit and need a month off
Fuck that’s greed isn’t it I have learned nothing
Fuck
But I meant to say before epiphany better to get back with a sick ass clique and go all out

Also, clearly stoked on wu tang and CFMEU

Also stoked on slap cause typing stuff out helps me learn deadset posting on here is like free therapy
listen to cosmic psychos

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #42844 on: September 16, 2021, 09:50:03 AM »
Purchased an engagement ring and gonna propose to my gf

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #42845 on: September 16, 2021, 10:52:37 AM »

Congratulations (assuming she'll say yes)  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #42846 on: September 16, 2021, 11:14:20 AM »

Good luck man!  ;D
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #42847 on: September 16, 2021, 08:22:06 PM »
squirrel calls

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1388
« Reply #42848 on: September 17, 2021, 07:54:24 PM »
Bout to see James Blake at the best venue in the world:observatory north park baaybay

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #42849 on: September 18, 2021, 07:47:38 AM »

Wow.  That's big for the, "Stoked on" thread.  Congrats.

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #42850 on: September 18, 2021, 03:29:02 PM »
Picked up some Supra Ellington’s and Supra Antwaun Dixon’s for $25 Canadian Dollars each at a local skate shop/sporting goods store that was having a big sale to clear out old inventory. Super excited about the Dixon’s, they are a bit tight but I’ve been looking for them on eBay for awhile so to find them for $25 local I couldn’t pass up
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42851 on: September 18, 2021, 06:17:43 PM »
shelby. i was getting worried

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #42852 on: September 21, 2021, 06:41:09 AM »
Saw my first show since shows started back up last night. Timmy's Organism, Mr. Elevator and OSEES in Detroit. All three bands were great. First time seeing Timmy's Organism and they ripped. Bass player looked just like my uncle too, which I got a kick out of.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #42853 on: September 21, 2021, 12:49:32 PM »
Three weeks after breaking my wrist, got my cast taken off today and moved to a splint. Three more weeks of that and I should be good!

Get hungry on it!

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #42854 on: September 21, 2021, 01:12:52 PM »
Fuck yeah how goods those cheese scrapings you get off the hand and fingers
That is proper satisfaction cleaning that stuff off
listen to cosmic psychos

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #42855 on: September 21, 2021, 05:08:40 PM »
Fuck yeah how goods those cheese scrapings you get off the hand and fingers
That is proper satisfaction cleaning that stuff off
Oh man it’s flake city right now! And my palm looks like one giant callous. It feels so good to be able to move it around now, but also feels super vulnerable like a turtle without its shell.

Get hungry on it!

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #42856 on: September 22, 2021, 10:12:12 PM »
When playing a game of SKATE with my homie this evening I jokingly threw a back foot flip out there and did the best one I've done in my entire life. Caught, not flopped. Like I somehow flicked it on the way up instead of just donkey kicking it straight at the ground. Even in the early 90's when they first came around and I could do a few variations, I never did one that good. When I landed it we both just looked at each other in amazement. It's funny when stuff like that happens. I'm sure I'll never do one as good again (I don't think Ive even tried one in the last several years).

That game was funny because after that trick I decided to just start trying a bunch of tricks I suck at and did the most hilariously hideous nollie frontside kickflip, but smoothly. Like, it literally rolled on the ground while I was 3 feet above it yet the roll away was clean. My switch flip game is disgusting. Switch heels fine tho.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1994
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42857 on: September 23, 2021, 12:00:58 AM »
When playing a game of SKATE with my homie this evening I jokingly threw a back foot flip out there and did the best one I've done in my entire life. Caught, not flopped. Like I somehow flicked it on the way up instead of just donkey kicking it straight at the ground. Even in the early 90's when they first came around and I could do a few variations, I never did one that good. When I landed it we both just looked at each other in amazement. It's funny when stuff like that happens. I'm sure I'll never do one as good again (I don't think Ive even tried one in the last several years).

That game was funny because after that trick I decided to just start trying a bunch of tricks I suck at and did the most hilariously hideous nollie frontside kickflip, but smoothly. Like, it literally rolled on the ground while I was 3 feet above it yet the roll away was clean. My switch flip game is disgusting. Switch heels fine tho.

The old heelflip paradox - easier every way but regular.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #42858 on: September 23, 2021, 11:34:56 AM »
Might not seem like much to you guys, but I was awarded my blue belt in BJJ last night.

Two years of getting my ass kicked, close to one year off due to COVID lockdowns, injuries and a lot of self doubt; I had every reason to quit, damn glad I didn’t.

I thank my 23 years of skating for my perserverance, my tenacity and my ability to deal with injuries.

Fucking STOKED.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #42859 on: September 23, 2021, 12:34:27 PM »
Might not seem like much to you guys, but I was awarded my blue belt in BJJ last night.

Two years of getting my ass kicked, close to one year off due to COVID lockdowns, injuries and a lot of self doubt; I had every reason to quit, damn glad I didn’t.

I thank my 23 years of skating for my perserverance, my tenacity and my ability to deal with injuries.

Fucking STOKED.

Stoked you are so stoked. Congrats!

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 749
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #42860 on: September 23, 2021, 01:58:58 PM »
My vacation is coming up in a couple weeks. I'm going to do a week in Seattle. Any Seattle heads hit me up.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #42861 on: September 23, 2021, 02:22:45 PM »
Putting my old Toyota T100 back on the road after literally leaving her on the farm since May 2020. Just did a deep detailing of the interior and I’m getting excited. What would normally be a tedious and smile-less job was done with a grin the entire time.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1561
« Reply #42862 on: September 23, 2021, 05:56:35 PM »
My best good friend Thom and I send boxes (actually the same box) back and fourth to each other full of random sick shit we know the other would be fucking juiced on.

Just got this box yesterday and I’m fucking hyped. Zaro’s rugelach is the fucking best in the world.

I also signed the contract for my first home and it is officially being built. Also, it was my wife’s birthday yesterday and that was rad because she’s fucking rad.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1388
« Reply #42863 on: September 23, 2021, 06:00:47 PM »
My best good friend Thom and I send boxes (actually the same box) back and fourth to each other full of random sick shit we know the other would be fucking juiced on.

Just got this box yesterday and I’m fucking hyped. Zaro’s rugelach is the fucking best in the world.

I also signed the contract for my first home and it is officially being built. Also, it was my wife’s birthday yesterday and that was rad because she’s fucking rad.

Super fucking congrats dude!

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42864 on: September 23, 2021, 06:49:16 PM »
lil hippie jump obstacle at the spot

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #42865 on: September 23, 2021, 08:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fuck yeah! I love to hear of tales of both deserved acquisitions and birthdays. Congrats and happy belated to Mrs. Freelancevagrant.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1994
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42866 on: September 24, 2021, 01:52:13 AM »

Fucking STOKED.

+1 on the blue belt. People don't realize a lot of skateboarding involves 1000s of repetitions / failures to enjoy the few seconds of success. This builds resilience and perseverance which translates well to martial arts. You have to spend a long time being the nail (failing, bailing, slamming, eating shit) before you can be the hammer (landing stuff, rolling away). Also, small tweaks to your technique makes the biggest differences to your performance - precisely why I love skateboarding and Muay Thai Kickboxing.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #42867 on: September 24, 2021, 06:37:05 AM »

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #42868 on: September 24, 2021, 07:55:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fuck yeah! I love to hear of tales of both deserved acquisitions and birthdays. Congrats and happy belated to Mrs. Freelancevagrant.

+1 here! Fucking sick!

Banned from the room

« Reply #42869 on: September 24, 2021, 10:33:25 AM »

Boom low and uber slow.

I'm going to send photo of the shock that the clip didn't hold on. I can't really drive it till I get a replacement