Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3076320 times)

wahwahwah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43710 on: September 12, 2022, 05:42:55 AM »
winter is yet to come
Sipe nousee sisδδn,
Niin nousee herkkokin.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #43711 on: September 12, 2022, 08:48:40 AM »
I was frustrated with Leafly's lack of cataloging flower offerings across dispensaries, so decided to try my hand at web-scraping (using just first page of results for a given dispensary), and it worked out pretty well. I just used ctrl+s to save each dispensary's first page of flower results as a text file, then imported into Stata and wrote some code that would handle slight variations across dispensaries and clean it all up. Feels cool to have like a compact, sortable master list of what's for sale across the city. Now the real trick is to figure out how to use Python in Stata to call down the html for a given page, without having to actually navigate there in Firefox.

Leafly sucks. Most of our dispensaries use Jane or dutchie thankfully. We have something similar to what you're talking about here in PA... It looks like some high school html project from the late 90's but gets the job done. Maybe hit them up if you need help with anything?

https://pastrainfinder.com/

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43712 on: September 12, 2022, 02:27:41 PM »
kickflips. they felt so good today. if i didn't have to go to work i could have kickflipped around all day.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43713 on: September 12, 2022, 02:28:45 PM »
Lost 25 pounds.

respect!

i'm still trying to gain. i kind of want to buff up lol.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #43714 on: September 12, 2022, 03:53:32 PM »
Started doing weight training a few months ago in order to build some strength and slim down. I supplement the weight training with jump roping. When I first started jump roping (w/ a speed rope), I could only do about 30 secs to a minute before I was gassed out. Now, I can easily do 5 minutes without stopping. Been doing 3 sets of 5 minutes 5x a week and I've slimmed down quite a bit. Now I can easily skate for a few hours without getting gassed. Pretty stoked on that

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2005
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43715 on: September 12, 2022, 06:50:09 PM »
Started doing weight training a few months ago in order to build some strength and slim down. I supplement the weight training with jump roping. When I first started jump roping (w/ a speed rope), I could only do about 30 secs to a minute before I was gassed out. Now, I can easily do 5 minutes without stopping. Been doing 3 sets of 5 minutes 5x a week and I've slimmed down quite a bit. Now I can easily skate for a few hours without getting gassed. Pretty stoked on that

Hell yeah dude, I'll never forget my first kickboxing lesson and I had to skip for 3 x 3 minutes, my calves were sore for a week afterwards. Progressed to 5 minutes, then 10 / 20 / 30 minutes, the key for me is to have a podcast going and alternating between jumps every few minutes (single leg, double leg, 2 on the same leg then alternate).
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #43716 on: September 13, 2022, 03:54:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hell yeah dude, I'll never forget my first kickboxing lesson and I had to skip for 3 x 3 minutes, my calves were sore for a week afterwards. Progressed to 5 minutes, then 10 / 20 / 30 minutes, the key for me is to have a podcast going and alternating between jumps every few minutes (single leg, double leg, 2 on the same leg then alternate).

Nice! I'm starting to reach the 10 minute mark. I did some boxing back in high school so I tend to do boxer skips out of habit. I decided to up the ante and bought a 1lb rope which has added a nice layer of difficulty. Also bought a 3lb heavy rope. That thing had me winded by like 40 seconds. Still working on improving my set times with it. I actually like having Youtube on while I jump rope so I can zone out. Normally just go to Thrasher's channel and hit play and let it cycle through. I have found that weight lifting and jump roping both give me the same feeling that skateboarding always has. That sense of gratification and release. Its nice having something else that can give you that feeling because skateboarding won't last forever

Banned from the room

« Reply #43717 on: September 17, 2022, 12:48:44 PM »
I just bombed a gnarly one by accident.

I was up at the state house and I had to get down to the gazebo. I bombed the skinny path that goes diagonal and across some other paths.

Right where the two big cracks are a fool hemp fest goer goes all dear in the headlights on me. He's standing on the safeish path through.

I'm cooking. If I stepped off I'd be fucked. 58mm wheels. I yell move man! Move!!!! I felt his shirt as I blast through the cracks and over what looked like a half buried curb.
Terminal velocity im bouncing on my board then wobbles. I made it.

There was like 100+ people watching that shit. I'm a fucking king of the sideshow.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 01:18:48 PM by Uncle Flea »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43718 on: September 17, 2022, 01:14:37 PM »
@augustmoon and @GrayCellGreen you're both inspiring me to get off my ass today and get some much needed exercise.
  I'm really stoked that every issue of Skateboarder Magazine from 1964-1979 has been archived and it's free online. Every morning I've been reading an issue while drinking my coffee. It's become a really relaxing but also stimulating little ritual. The old aesthetics from the photography, fashion, and designs are lovely to pour over.
Link
https://skateboarding.transworld.net/skateboarder-magazine-archives/

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43719 on: September 17, 2022, 05:27:59 PM »
Hahaha fuckin weekends after working all week
Support your local skate shop

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #43720 on: September 18, 2022, 07:39:21 PM »
Buying an ounce of mushrooms with no real agenda truly calls for an ABSURD amount of good times over the course of months.  I just hope I save some for the old annual ski trip this winter. Trying to feel the metamorphosis of hobbit to woodland elf sailing into Valinor within a single run

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43721 on: September 19, 2022, 07:47:07 AM »
40 sq.m chestnut floor I picked up 4 free

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43722 on: September 19, 2022, 10:03:31 AM »
My dad rescued a kitten from the side of the highway on his way to work last week. Seeing him fall in love with this little baby has melted my heart over and over.

lydius

• Rep: 46
« Reply #43723 on: September 19, 2022, 12:56:58 PM »
Expand Quote
I was frustrated with Leafly's lack of cataloging flower offerings across dispensaries, so decided to try my hand at web-scraping (using just first page of results for a given dispensary), and it worked out pretty well. I just used ctrl+s to save each dispensary's first page of flower results as a text file, then imported into Stata and wrote some code that would handle slight variations across dispensaries and clean it all up. Feels cool to have like a compact, sortable master list of what's for sale across the city. Now the real trick is to figure out how to use Python in Stata to call down the html for a given page, without having to actually navigate there in Firefox.
[close]

Leafly sucks. Most of our dispensaries use Jane or dutchie thankfully. We have something similar to what you're talking about here in PA... It looks like some high school html project from the late 90's but gets the job done. Maybe hit them up if you need help with anything?

https://pastrainfinder.com/
dude this is brilliant. thanks for sharing!!

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #43724 on: September 20, 2022, 08:51:37 PM »
Finally finished my book that I've been slacking off reading for the past several months. Also I got 2nd place in this drawing to get 50% off wedding photography package.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43725 on: September 23, 2022, 07:50:51 AM »
Put in a new shower head and its just incredible, I didn't even know water could feel like that.  Its like a highly pressured velvety waterfall of softness but still packs a punch

sacking rails

• Rep: -223
  • sacking rails
« Reply #43726 on: September 23, 2022, 10:53:46 AM »
getting fuckin hammered 8) 8)

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #43727 on: September 24, 2022, 03:46:43 AM »
I'm drunk and having a very difficult and dramatic night trying to take care of someone going through loss who is blackout drunk and physically lashing out at me. Already tore my shirt and bent the shit out my favourite glasses sucker punching me but whatever... tiny spiders keeps appearing on me and I'm enjoying the attention. Tickling my knuckle hair and running a muck on my phone now. Just as I tried to take a picture of this little guy some bigger but very thin transparent yellow one was crawling over my forearm and elbow. I don't even like spiders very much but wouldn't dare kill either for superstitious reasons ie. having a nice dry September to skate and have my weed plants finish flowering sans mold.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43728 on: September 24, 2022, 07:50:47 AM »
Got a mattress topper because my actual mattress is lumpy as fuck and turning it (pillow top) only does so much to help, but goddamn, I have not slept like that in forever. I don't even remember closing my eyes and going to sleep last night. Just woke up at 7AM confused but well rested.
Highly recommend for the Pals with sleeping issues.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43729 on: September 24, 2022, 08:58:41 AM »
Got a mattress topper because my actual mattress is lumpy as fuck and turning it (pillow top) only does so much to help, but goddamn, I have not slept like that in forever. I don't even remember closing my eyes and going to sleep last night. Just woke up at 7AM confused but well rested.

Next lifestyle upgrade would be bamboo sheets especially if you live in hot and humid climates. I was hesitant for the wife to spend $200 on new sheets but these are amazing at keeping you cool in the tropics even without the AC on. Can't vouch for cold weather but based on review it seems to do a good job in the winter.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 880
« Reply #43730 on: September 24, 2022, 09:08:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Next lifestyle upgrade would be bamboo sheets especially if you live in hot and humid climates. I was hesitant for the wife to spend $200 on new sheets but these are amazing at keeping you cool in the tropics even without the AC on. Can't vouch for cold weather but based on review it seems to do a good job in the winter.
Anyone got one of those thick (I think they're about two inches maybe) memory foam type ones? I destroy mattresses (and not just with adult fun times) and wonder if it could actually work as far as needing new mattress less often. Maybe even use it without a mattress Japanese style.

Unrelated things I'm stoked on: Panthers. Particularly the ones from Penrith.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43731 on: September 25, 2022, 07:44:34 AM »
I used the mattress topper from Ikea for a few years, ended up trapping a lot of heat and got lumpy around the outline of our body.

If you really want to splurge, check out AiR, it's a brand of mattresses / mattress toppers that are used in ANA (All Nippon Airways). Not memory foam but it supports your body so well when you lie on it. The king sized one was around $2.5k

https://www.airsleep.jp/en/about/
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sacking rails

• Rep: -223
  • sacking rails
« Reply #43732 on: September 25, 2022, 04:28:43 PM »
hot cheese pizza
getting money
oldies

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #43733 on: September 25, 2022, 05:27:23 PM »
Just bought my tickets to Seattle and New York for my vacation next month. I’m pretty jazzed and more than a little apprehensive. I’m not used to new cities and airports, and I’m thinking about money more than I’d like too, but this should prove to be a blast. Please, if anyone lives in these two cities, hit me up. I’m thinking about posting this in the skateboarding threads because no one has commented in the travel thread. Where my slap heads at?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1688
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #43734 on: September 25, 2022, 11:00:12 PM »
Just bought my tickets to Seattle and New York for my vacation next month. I’m pretty jazzed and more than a little apprehensive. I’m not used to new cities and airports, and I’m thinking about money more than I’d like too, but this should prove to be a blast. Please, if anyone lives in these two cities, hit me up. I’m thinking about posting this in the skateboarding threads because no one has commented in the travel thread. Where my slap heads at?

I have only been to Seattle once, but I had a great time seeing the Experience Music Project (EMP) museum. REALLY cool artifacts and some of the facility is hands on, so you can mess around with instruments.  A huge plus is that it is all indoors, so even if the weather is poor, you can still enjoy the facilities.

Did a quick search and it looks like they renamed it.  It is now "MoPop". https://www.mopop.org/  I would definitely go back and visit again if I traveled to Seattle. Real cool Hendrix stuff, Nirvana/grunge stuff, hip hop stuff, etc.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 880
« Reply #43735 on: September 26, 2022, 10:12:35 AM »
See how they run, glass onion and Amsterdam trailers. Three ensemble cast of big names movies that aren't a superhero or fast and furious thing. One of thems gotta be decent.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43736 on: September 26, 2022, 10:18:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yo got a link for the specific sheets you would recommend? Definitely time for this on my side and I'm always hot at night trying to sleep

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43737 on: September 26, 2022, 07:03:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yo got a link for the specific sheets you would recommend? Definitely time for this on my side and I'm always hot at night trying to sleep

No idea, I let my wife pick the sheets. Target ones should be decent, or search buy online with a coupon code which they usually give to first time buyers.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

hmmmokay

« Reply #43738 on: September 27, 2022, 03:44:23 PM »
202 days sober, going to be coming up on 7 months soon if I'm lucky. I deactivated my SLAP account and took a break from really all social media (not that I was super active for a few years anyway) around month 2, but after hitting 6 months recently it's like my brain has flipped a switch. Things feel "okay" for the first time in years. Life isn't perfect of course but it's nice to have some sense of normalcy instead of a constant state of anxiety, depression, etc. Bad days and things still happen, but I feel better equipped to deal with them. Things seem fun again, skating doesn't hurt as much and is way more enjoyable. 

So I guess on the whole what I'm stoked on is just feeling like myself again, and I wanted to share a little positivity in the message that change is possible. And for those going through it, keep going.

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #43739 on: September 27, 2022, 04:35:23 PM »
Been having really great luck at the thrifts lately. Yesterday I came home with a $700 road bike for $100 and some nice Burberry pants.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong