Author Topic: bikes  (Read 310083 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: bikes
« Reply #750 on: August 02, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »
I don't know shit about bikes but I really want one. Have you guys heard of Priority Bicycles? I really like that they've got a belt drive. Are they any good? At $430, are they worth it?

Well they don't list specs on their website, or at least I didn't find any so I couldn't tell ya. Any particular reason why you want a belt drive?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Stevie Storm

• Rep: 2
« Reply #751 on: August 03, 2015, 07:29:03 AM »
So I ended picking this up for $400aus in the end and I think its pretty rad. Kona Jake the Snake. Everything is real nice on it and its fairly light.
Gape city

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #752 on: August 03, 2015, 05:31:49 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't know shit about bikes but I really want one. Have you guys heard of Priority Bicycles? I really like that they've got a belt drive. Are they any good? At $430, are they worth it?

[close]
Well they don't list specs on their website, or at least I didn't find any so I couldn't tell ya. Any particular reason why you want a belt drive?
Last five times as long with no maintenance compared to chain drive, half the weight, quiet, smoother, and just looks cool. Apparently belt drives usually limit bikes to one gear, but in the case of Priority bikes, it's got three gears.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

colin

« Reply #753 on: August 03, 2015, 06:35:09 PM »
So I ended picking this up for $400aus in the end and I think its pretty rad. Kona Jake the Snake. Everything is real nice on it and its fairly light.
Nice! Stoked for you, dude.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #754 on: August 03, 2015, 06:39:38 PM »

Got a Sears 5 speed bike off CL for $125.. No clue about the history of the bike, probably from the 70s or something. Don't think the front fork is original, but I can't find any markings on it. Frame is made in Poland as far as I can tell. Great ride, perfect gear ratios and not in too bad shape.

colin

« Reply #755 on: August 03, 2015, 07:53:37 PM »
That's a chill-ass bike, I like it
cool that it's made in Poland

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #756 on: August 03, 2015, 08:24:47 PM »
Here's shitty pic of the build I just finished, specs are right here: http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/bernard-khs-flite-100-24354

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #757 on: August 03, 2015, 08:45:50 PM »
That looks like a long stem

I'm thinking of getting a super short stem (35-40mm) and try to reduce the reach as much as possible and get a more upright ride. I'd actually welcome the twitchy handling too.

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #758 on: August 03, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »
Goddamn this bikes thread is poppin' off I'm in here, yo!

Grampa

• Rep: 146
« Reply #759 on: August 03, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
Just converted my single speed to a fixed gear. It had track dropouts so why not. I'd forgotten how much fun it is.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #760 on: August 03, 2015, 11:48:30 PM »
That looks like a long stem

I'm thinking of getting a super short stem (35-40mm) and try to reduce the reach as much as possible and get a more upright ride. I'd actually welcome the twitchy handling too.
Yeah it was the only Salsa I could find online, 130mm, doesn't matter to me, feels fine actually since I have long negro arms

Mother Goose.

« Reply #761 on: August 04, 2015, 03:11:24 AM »
Here's shitty pic of the build I just finished, specs are right here: http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/bernard-khs-flite-100-24354

i see northbrook in your profile pic. you ever hit up chicago velo campus? i think its under new ownership and/or being worked on atm.

id like a track bike for track purposes btw. in a perfect world it'd be a koga or old bt. dura ace chainset, zen rings, eai gold cogs, izumi v chain. mavic open pros laced to something ridiculous. white industries or mack hubs maybe. will happily settle for an entry level complete bike tho  ;D

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:21:38 AM by Mother Goose. »

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #762 on: August 04, 2015, 09:53:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i see northbrook in your profile pic. you ever hit up chicago velo campus? i think its under new ownership and/or being worked on atm.

id like a track bike for track purposes btw. in a perfect world it'd be a koga or old bt. dura ace chainset, zen rings, eai gold cogs, izumi v chain. mavic open pros laced to something ridiculous. white industries or mack hubs maybe. will happily settle for an entry level complete bike tho  ;D

Nah I actually haven't been there, but I do know that one of the bike shop owners around here was able to create a non profit and have ownership of the velodrome transferred to it. I know they had to do a lot of work on it to get it in riding condition again and afaik it's still being worked on but it's good to ride at the moment.

Also if you're looking for a starter track bike, depending on your budget, I'd recommend the Mercier Kilo TT
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:57:20 AM by planman »

colin

« Reply #763 on: August 04, 2015, 07:34:41 PM »
What's that lump in the top tube?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #764 on: August 04, 2015, 08:16:43 PM »
I ride everyday, cruising around the city not too fast, so I like Hybrids that let me sit up. Just picked this Trek up for $100, comfy.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #765 on: August 05, 2015, 12:10:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What's that lump in the top tube?
I took the two extra strips of bar tape they give you, put em on my top tube and wrapped it up in electric tape so my bars don't bang up against the top tube when I fuck up and get hit/fall carry my bike

Mother Goose.

« Reply #766 on: August 05, 2015, 12:37:18 AM »
nah no more bikesdirect for me. my last and current bike is a windsor. barely any stock parts, but im in hunt for an alu bike out of the box. carbon fork with short rake. felt tk2, fuji track pro, etc. one day. substantial grinds. made to play.

cdale caad10 looks butt.

belleza

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #767 on: August 05, 2015, 11:12:17 AM »
nah no more bikesdirect for me. my last and current bike is a windsor. barely any stock parts, but im in hunt for an alu bike out of the box. carbon fork with short rake. felt tk2, fuji track pro, etc. one day. substantial grinds. made to play.

cdale caad10 looks butt.

belleza

Dolan Pre Cursa

Mother Goose.

« Reply #768 on: August 05, 2015, 04:34:45 PM »
condor lavoro actually

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #769 on: August 05, 2015, 04:49:23 PM »
Nah I thought you were looking for suggestions on a  decent alu frame, that Condor is pretty hot though

Mother Goose.

« Reply #770 on: August 05, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »
oh yeah. dolan is sick. id consider.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #771 on: August 05, 2015, 05:05:03 PM »
Of course if you've got extra The TC1 would be a great option imo

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #772 on: August 05, 2015, 05:39:45 PM »
To be honest, I don't understand why so many people ride ride bikes that destroy you back and your balls, aside from their fancy look... is it so much faster? Do you ride it to get from A to B or as a sport?
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #773 on: August 05, 2015, 05:52:58 PM »
To be honest, I don't understand why so many people ride ride bikes that destroy you back and your balls, aside from their fancy look... is it so much faster? Do you ride it to get from A to B or as a sport?
Well if your bike fits you properly and you have a good saddle neither should be hurting; and yes, it is faster, simply because you're put into a more aerodynamic position. I mean if you're not very serious about bikes (it's one of two things that I love as much as skateboarding) then it really shouldn't matter, I actually initially got a bike just for commuting but eventually I got way into it and I'm actually wanting to start racing so it is a sport for me. But it really depends on the person, that's why there's so many kinds of  bikes out there.

Mother Goose.

« Reply #774 on: August 05, 2015, 07:01:09 PM »
doesnt always destroy. it's a nonissue the saddle to drop. you get use to it. work on ur core, bro, or not. sall good

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #775 on: August 06, 2015, 03:15:18 AM »
Alrighty thanks.. maybe, when I get a job, I'll get a bike that can be both comfortable and fast for everyday use.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #776 on: August 09, 2015, 03:41:39 PM »
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #777 on: August 29, 2015, 10:54:01 PM »
Selling this.  2015 56 cm Specialized Roubaix SL4 Disc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221848765448?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Hot damn I wish I wasn't broke. What kind of seatpost is that?

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #778 on: August 30, 2015, 07:15:58 PM »
That seatpost is a Specialized Cobble gobbler.  Carbon with a bit of elastomer in the bend.  Soaks up the big cracks in the pavement pretty good.  Sold that bike for $1275.  Looking for a replacement now.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

colin

« Reply #779 on: August 31, 2015, 07:29:25 PM »
What are you gonna get?