Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8716177 times)

Tonyhawk-prostate and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #44190 on: January 21, 2022, 11:46:11 AM »
Expand Quote
The funny thing about nostalgia fashion is that a lot of brands/people pick the most outrageous and ugliest styles of the time.
[close]

I’m really afraid when girls start reviving the heinous early 00s fashions like dresses with jeans under them

Oh i dont wanna be that guy but im pretty sure its already happening

foureyedjim

« Reply #44191 on: January 21, 2022, 12:45:49 PM »
Personally, they look fucking insane and I’ll never try them on, but they’re very on brand with the way fashion is right now.  I’d say SKATAN made the right call, would look great with big and tall jorts

90sDamiano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -82
« Reply #44192 on: January 21, 2022, 12:58:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
tbh I didnt expect many to like this shoe, it’s not supposed to be a crowd pleaser and more of a niche release. They really do look like some scaled up toddler’s shoe with crocodile teeth, I ain’t denying that… ahahah
It’s a weird ass shoe from an era where Adidas skateboarding was pretty much clueless and just did random shit.
It fascinates me cause it’s a bit of a “so bad that it’s good” design, but it’s also not trying to copy anything else, it’s 99% genuine design, polarising but not really derivative of anything (for the good and for the bad).
They are kinda like the Fiat Multipla of skate shoes  (I fuckin’ love that car) and that’s what makes them cool to me, and a bunch of Japanese dudes…  8)
[close]

This reminds me of when I was in art school and someone would present a horrendous project to the class and some how justifies it so the professor just says, great job good for u you’re so different lol
[close]
^This is cap
Naw the art institute was cringe af

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #44193 on: January 21, 2022, 01:11:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I could see why they would be a cult classic in Japan, not my personal style but if @Sk.A.T.A.N  was already a fan and managed to bring it back from the archives, then that’s a massive achievement from him. Congrats mate, now I just need you to get transferred to the SB department and work your magic on those Silas 1s lol

It actually kinda reminds me of a another tech model that lots of skaters rocked in Australia in the early 90s: the stripes were big and chunky but it looked more tech/ hiker inspired …. colorways were a lot darker too. Can’t remember the name of the model though. @Nth syd bear will know what I’m talking about
[close]

You probably mean the Norton. That one was pretty popular and ugly/cool too!   :D

**Needs a bring back next**

[close]
I had this colorway, so sick.

I had these too, bought them at some weird store in my local mall that had nothing to do with skating. I wanted them because Paulo Diaz skated them. They were okay I remember.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #44194 on: January 21, 2022, 01:15:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
tbh I didnt expect many to like this shoe, it’s not supposed to be a crowd pleaser and more of a niche release. They really do look like some scaled up toddler’s shoe with crocodile teeth, I ain’t denying that… ahahah
It’s a weird ass shoe from an era where Adidas skateboarding was pretty much clueless and just did random shit.
It fascinates me cause it’s a bit of a “so bad that it’s good” design, but it’s also not trying to copy anything else, it’s 99% genuine design, polarising but not really derivative of anything (for the good and for the bad).
They are kinda like the Fiat Multipla of skate shoes  (I fuckin’ love that car) and that’s what makes them cool to me, and a bunch of Japanese dudes…  8)
[close]

This reminds me of when I was in art school and someone would present a horrendous project to the class and some how justifies it so the professor just says, great job good for u you’re so different lol
[close]
^This is cap
[close]
You right
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -489
« Reply #44195 on: January 21, 2022, 01:30:44 PM »
Reynolds just posted what looks like full cabs . Given the whole anniversary thing I think we might get em soon which would be pretty cool.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

sans umbilical

• Rep: 24
« Reply #44196 on: January 21, 2022, 01:52:46 PM »
Reynolds just posted what looks like full cabs . Given the whole anniversary thing I think we might get em soon which would be pretty cool.

I saw it! Wow. I couldn't really tell but was he wearing white Full Cabs in the slide before the green ones. The Fairlanes are fresh too.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 02:29:33 PM by sans umbilical »
Keep Shredding

astro

• Rep: 2
« Reply #44197 on: January 21, 2022, 02:25:37 PM »
I was told the green full cabs are the ones from the noah collab that came out last summer

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #44198 on: January 21, 2022, 02:31:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
^This is cap
[close]
Naw dawg you cringe af

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2265
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44199 on: January 21, 2022, 04:59:23 PM »
For the record, I'm not hating on SKATAN for doing his thing at all. I do think them shits nasty tho.

I couldn't really tell but was he wearing white Full Cabs in the slide before the green ones.

Those are just the regular Skate Half Cab.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -489
« Reply #44200 on: January 21, 2022, 05:09:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I was told the green full cabs are the ones from the noah collab that came out last summer
aw damn looking at em you’re probably right
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #44201 on: January 21, 2022, 05:18:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
^This is cap
[close]
[close]
Naw dawg you cringe af
:P

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #44202 on: January 21, 2022, 05:46:29 PM »

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #44203 on: January 21, 2022, 06:16:57 PM »

oddly enough these interest me and I am not a fan of adidas or blondy especially.
They look like the sole a special buznitz model was on a few yeas ago, I think an adidas handball or spezial reference for the skate line?
Is this a whole new upper model or a reference of another adidas shoe?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #44204 on: January 21, 2022, 07:36:19 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #44205 on: January 21, 2022, 10:05:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

oddly enough these interest me and I am not a fan of adidas or blondy especially.
They look like the sole a special buznitz model was on a few yeas ago, I think an adidas handball or spezial reference for the skate line?

sole is from the indoor super

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #44206 on: January 21, 2022, 11:42:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I could see why they would be a cult classic in Japan, not my personal style but if @Sk.A.T.A.N  was already a fan and managed to bring it back from the archives, then that’s a massive achievement from him. Congrats mate, now I just need you to get transferred to the SB department and work your magic on those Silas 1s lol

It actually kinda reminds me of a another tech model that lots of skaters rocked in Australia in the early 90s: the stripes were big and chunky but it looked more tech/ hiker inspired …. colorways were a lot darker too. Can’t remember the name of the model though. @Nth syd bear will know what I’m talking about
[close]

You probably mean the Norton. That one was pretty popular and ugly/cool too!   :D

**Needs a bring back next**

[close]
I had this colorway, so sick.
[close]

I had these too, bought them at some weird store in my local mall that had nothing to do with skating. I wanted them because Paulo Diaz skated them. They were okay I remember.

i still have a pair of this..the hemp version. the toe and heel stitching are holding up well, just the outsole/midsole glue needs some TLC.

Agnello

• Rep: 8
« Reply #44207 on: January 22, 2022, 04:02:17 AM »

I love terrace-style adidas but these give me big Hugo Boss vibes which is not good

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #44208 on: January 22, 2022, 04:16:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I love terrace-style adidas but these give me big Hugo Boss vibes which is not good

Dam seems short toes on shoes coming back. These will look awful on foot when they bend.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #44209 on: January 22, 2022, 05:24:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Blondey provides the full explanation of which models are blended together for this, in the caption

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 115
« Reply #44210 on: January 22, 2022, 08:08:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
aw damn looking at em you’re probably right

Two Full Cab Pros came out at the end of 2017/ beginning of 2018.  A black croc pair and white croc pair.
There was also a burgundy version for the Vans 50th Anniversary in 2016.
I think a Full Cab 30th anniversary would've made sense in 2019, but maybe Vans didn't think they would be popular enough at the time. 

Enjoy your life.

Mosritemike

• Rep: 9
« Reply #44211 on: January 22, 2022, 12:09:14 PM »

Would look ok with slightly longer laces

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #44212 on: January 23, 2022, 09:44:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

sole is from the indoor super

@wuust are you a local at that park in your sig? i went there a few years ago and saw youness amrani do some insane shit.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #44213 on: January 23, 2022, 10:17:57 AM »
@pile i am not.

located some 150km away but still in Belgium.

He is the absolute king and ruler of that park indeed.
(too bad he isn’t filming and putting out more parts)

Wouldn’t mind a nike sb colorway tho. he deserves one.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #44214 on: January 23, 2022, 06:47:05 PM »

Looks different/better than the previous images we saw, but looks like a solid pro model.   Good for Lizzie

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #44215 on: January 23, 2022, 11:25:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks different/better than the previous images we saw, but looks like a solid pro model.   Good for Lizzie
Reminds me a bit of the jlay. Like I thinned out version. Has to feel like a bit a salt in the wound

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #44216 on: January 23, 2022, 11:56:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Reminds me a bit of the jlay. Like I thinned out version. Has to feel like a bit a salt in the wound

is the sole a reverse waffle pattern? because I dont know of other examples from vans, but maybe somewhat similar to the mountain style shoes they've made?

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #44217 on: January 24, 2022, 01:14:27 AM »
@pile i am not.

located some 150km away but still in Belgium.

He is the absolute king and ruler of that park indeed.
(too bad he isn’t filming and putting out more parts)

Wouldn’t mind a nike sb colorway tho. he deserves one.

ahh... hasselt baby -didnt recognize it from the sig.
remember going there back in the days - was one of the first bigger parks in
Belgium. Bowl was lame -but street had some funny elements - for a prefab park.
Had good times there manny moons ago.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #44218 on: January 24, 2022, 05:29:23 AM »
does the lizzie shoe come with a forged vaccination card?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #44219 on: January 24, 2022, 06:00:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

is the sole a reverse waffle pattern? because I dont know of other examples from vans, but maybe somewhat similar to the mountain style shoes they've made?

A while back they made a Grosso Sk8-mid with the reverse outsole. It wasn’t that bad to skate
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.