Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8788166 times)

rolling is good and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • Jamu Gost
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #44490 on: February 12, 2022, 10:59:55 PM »

Whoa.

My Penny 2's were awful. The upper came off the sole in two weeks, but i've always loved the silhouette. If these ever come out in a vegan option i'll get em.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44491 on: February 13, 2022, 05:28:44 PM »

My Penny 2's were awful. The upper came off the sole in two weeks, but i've always loved the silhouette. If these ever come out in a vegan option i'll get em.
Pic won't load, anyone got a different link?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #44492 on: February 13, 2022, 08:27:14 PM »
You don’t need a pic just imagine a brown Accel and an old Penny pro model, but with a wacky sole and somehow shittier aesthetic. This is basically the entire ‘eS catalog.

pro club blanks

« Reply #44493 on: February 13, 2022, 10:16:12 PM »
Es will fuck it up believe that playboi

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #44494 on: February 14, 2022, 12:52:48 AM »
Anta Skateboarding

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
« Reply #44495 on: February 14, 2022, 02:43:17 AM »
Have a look at #antaskate

Then answer this riddle?

What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #44496 on: February 14, 2022, 06:29:01 AM »
Have a look at #antaskate

Then answer this riddle?

What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
M?

Also,
Anta Skateboarding

I hate how much I like these.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #44497 on: February 14, 2022, 09:24:54 AM »
I'm not a fan of those but the insole and sole itself both look like they'd be very comfy and supportive.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 28
« Reply #44498 on: February 14, 2022, 11:19:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Half want those eS K1 remakes…half wish they would just close the doors again. That sole just ain’t it!
[close]

Don't see what the gripe is with the sole, maybe it's cause I've skated two pairs of shoes with them (Silo SC and Quattro) and they last a fair bit of time. Better than that horrid sole they kept slapping on everything for a while from the Schemes. Ych a fi.
[close]

The gripe is that it's not the Original sole, not that this one is a bad sole. It might be even better "performance wise", but people want a true to the original retro, no an half assed one...
[close]

Not sure if it's an issue getting a mold or something, perhaps? I'm fairly sure people want the OG K1 with the air pocket, but the EK-01 (IIRC it's that one, the one without the air pocket) is probably the better one for a re-release anyways. Looks cleaner.
[close]

The issue is $$$. Opening new molds costs money and most likely they don’t wanna have that commitment when in their heads the one they used “does the job”.
[close]

Sole Tech definitely has the money to reproduce the molds for the midsole/outsole. They just refuse to make a 100% effort in anything they make it seems and I can’t support them doing half assed shit just because they’re a “core” company smh make it make sense.

Having the money - and investing the money are two different things. You really think they woud sell more from the shoes if they invest to redo the OG mold instead of using the existing mold?
How much shoes they need to sell more to be as profitable with the mold they need to reproduce - then going just with the existing one.

You only invest if you believe the invest pays back.
How manny people really take the decision on the skateshoe on the rack based on the mold of the sole?

I feel and understand you point - but we are nerds - business wise our standing point doesn’t make much sense.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #44499 on: February 14, 2022, 01:03:26 PM »
I'm not a fan of those but the insole and sole itself both look like they'd be very comfy and supportive.

yep... I'm also not super fan of the overall design, but I think they look really well made and really well thought through. Looks comfy, and that it can take a beating.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #44500 on: February 14, 2022, 07:00:53 PM »
Where can one buy those anta shoes?

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #44501 on: February 14, 2022, 07:28:32 PM »
I was always under the impression that Li Ning was the Chinese equivalent of Nike and Anta was the equivalent of Chinese Adidas? Can someone with better knowledge of the Chinese sneaker market confirm.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #44502 on: February 14, 2022, 07:49:24 PM »
Anyone know what shoes Andy is skating in all his recent vids? Is this gonna be his Etnies pro model? Can only assume he's getting one.

SlapTM

• Rep: 244
« Reply #44503 on: February 14, 2022, 08:16:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Half want those eS K1 remakes…half wish they would just close the doors again. That sole just ain’t it!
[close]

Don't see what the gripe is with the sole, maybe it's cause I've skated two pairs of shoes with them (Silo SC and Quattro) and they last a fair bit of time. Better than that horrid sole they kept slapping on everything for a while from the Schemes. Ych a fi.
[close]

The gripe is that it's not the Original sole, not that this one is a bad sole. It might be even better "performance wise", but people want a true to the original retro, no an half assed one...
[close]

Not sure if it's an issue getting a mold or something, perhaps? I'm fairly sure people want the OG K1 with the air pocket, but the EK-01 (IIRC it's that one, the one without the air pocket) is probably the better one for a re-release anyways. Looks cleaner.
[close]

The issue is $$$. Opening new molds costs money and most likely they don’t wanna have that commitment when in their heads the one they used “does the job”.
[close]

Sole Tech definitely has the money to reproduce the molds for the midsole/outsole. They just refuse to make a 100% effort in anything they make it seems and I can’t support them doing half assed shit just because they’re a “core” company smh make it make sense.
[close]

Having the money - and investing the money are two different things. You really think they woud sell more from the shoes if they invest to redo the OG mold instead of using the existing mold?
How much shoes they need to sell more to be as profitable with the mold they need to reproduce - then going just with the existing one.

You only invest if you believe the invest pays back.
How manny people really take the decision on the skateshoe on the rack based on the mold of the sole?

I feel and understand you point - but we are nerds - business wise our standing point doesn’t make much sense.
You hit the nail on the head on this. As I've mentioned on here a few times, opening up a new mold is not only extremely expensive but also very time consuming. You've gotta get rid one of your molds that's in the current line, design a new mold, have the factories create the sample then ship them to the U.S., send over your revisions to the factory, get new samples, etc. Once all that is said and done, you need to now put that sole onto 2-3 models just to even pay off the mold you had created and maybe start finally making some money back on it. Financially sometimes it's worth it and other times it's not. I know reissues get talked about on here quite a bit and of course every fan wants those old models back for nostalgia reasons. I even find myself wanting certain shoes reissued the same way it originally came out but the truth of the matter is the reissue consumer is very niche. We all want to get a pair of those old models we had growing up or weren't able to get but most people will buy them one time to finally have it again and then just keep it as a collector's item. I'm sure some people out there will throw them on for old time's sake and skate them but probably not the majority unfortunately.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #44504 on: February 14, 2022, 10:17:09 PM »
Anyone know what shoes Andy is skating in all his recent vids? Is this gonna be his Etnies pro model? Can only assume he's getting one.

They are samples of a potential reissue of an old Etnics model from the late 80s. I cannot recall the name of them. Vulc with a removable lace saver.
How much for an order of ribs?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #44505 on: February 15, 2022, 12:27:28 AM »
@EmericaTM why can’t companies archive their molds though, like do you have to get rid of previous ones or could you (in theory) just have a container full of old molds?
It kinda boggles my mind why you would discard them if they did cost so much…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 11
« Reply #44506 on: February 15, 2022, 05:45:01 AM »
@EmericaTM why can’t companies archive their molds though, like do you have to get rid of previous ones or could you (in theory) just have a container full of old molds?

There’s a lot to it but factories change machines and molds may not work on those new machines. Molds also are only good for so long before they “crack” or wear out. Like the Stefan can not be using the mold from the original release but maybe the same machine was kept for said shoe. EmericaTM can explain better.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #44507 on: February 15, 2022, 06:15:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There’s a lot to it but factories change machines and molds may not work on those new machines. Molds also are only good for so long before they “crack” or wear out. Like the Stefan can not be using the mold from the original release but maybe the same machine was kept for said shoe. EmericaTM can explain better.
I imagine that these factories are making shoes for many other brands too.  They can't be keeping every mold from every one of those companies, "you ever think about the storage operation a place like this must rely on?"

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • <3
« Reply #44508 on: February 15, 2022, 09:30:32 AM »
Was digging the Anta's but can't fuck with the playstation buttons on the rubber.

Otherwise I think they look good.
The chillest1

SlapTM

• Rep: 244
« Reply #44509 on: February 15, 2022, 10:06:45 AM »
Basically when you create a new mold, you swap it out for one of the current molds you have. Like Kneebone mentioned, there's only so many molds for each brand so keeping a stash of previous molds isn't an option. Antique brought up another good point that molds also don't last forever as they can get damaged over time.

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #44510 on: February 15, 2022, 11:01:35 AM »
anyone have info on when the new puigs come out?

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #44511 on: February 15, 2022, 12:08:09 PM »

I’d like to know as well. There is a new color of the cup model that looks great. should be out soon

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #44512 on: February 15, 2022, 01:12:09 PM »
Anta Skateboarding

Looks like a Brandblack rip of that most recent Vans TNT model.

Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #44513 on: February 15, 2022, 08:49:01 PM »

Is he getting another new shoe altogether? I love the design of his current one.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #44514 on: February 15, 2022, 10:09:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is he getting another new shoe altogether? I love the design of his current one.

He's getting a Vulc version of his current shoe this year

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYEqYBzqwW2

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 12:08:35 AM by alraunen »

douchenozzle

• Rep: 35
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #44515 on: February 16, 2022, 05:03:37 AM »
I hope there is some kind of adiprene used for the insole. I would get a pair, but durability and the lack of cushion for most of adidas’s shoes has kept me away from them for a while

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #44516 on: February 16, 2022, 06:52:34 AM »
I hope there is some kind of adiprene used for the insole. I would get a pair, but durability and the lack of cushion for most of adidas’s shoes has kept me away from them for a while

I recommend these for any shoe, particularly the Starter model and the Ultra Deluxe 2.0s. They’re blown TPU (equiv. to adidas Boost) molded into a cut-to-fit insole, and they never seem to “deflate” like other foams do. I have one pair of each and have never had to replace them in two or three years.

The Starters are more of a wedge shape (thin forefoot/thick heel, better for tight toe boxes), and the 2.0s are more contoured/supportive if you have high arches and stuff (there’s also a little more padding in the forefoot/a little less in the heel compared to the Starters).

https://www.hefe.com/collections/insole

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #44517 on: February 16, 2022, 08:08:00 AM »

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #44518 on: February 16, 2022, 08:48:56 AM »

Damn. I feel bad that materials and resources are going to be used to produce that.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #44519 on: February 16, 2022, 11:17:07 AM »
i could see those rockin' in a kansas ross dress for less