Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8745376 times)

YungJugg and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #47910 on: March 01, 2023, 09:33:22 PM »
Expand Quote
As someone else already said, a Romero Laced with some heel/ankle/Achilles protection is the addition that shoe has always been craving. Not really into the Royal Elastics look of that iteration, but would love if they built it into the existing Romero Laced
[close]

The padding is welcomed.
I ran my pair of the laced with laces and I remember them hurting my ankle. Really stoked on these.

as a person who always skates cupsoles.. i love the HUF dylan vulcs for a work shoe. the black ones look like they'd make a nice shoe for work
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

GershonSweaty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #47911 on: March 02, 2023, 04:02:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Been posted before but see more angles. Looks to have some midsole

[close]

The tongue piece artwork is actually excellent.
italicized atlantic drift font is a nice detail for his name

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #47912 on: March 02, 2023, 04:15:09 AM »

They're almost perfect, I don't like the black print on the side because it looks like it's going to break in 3 days. It's exclusive from the Arnold colorway or the print is on the other colorways?

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #47913 on: March 02, 2023, 04:44:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They're almost perfect, I don't like the black print on the side because it looks like it's going to break in 3 days. It's exclusive from the Arnold colorway or the print is on the other colorways?

this is the first colorway of this shoe ever i think, at least in the skate line

they should make it the mike arnold pro model shoe
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 04:53:14 AM by roba »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #47914 on: March 02, 2023, 06:32:20 AM »
curious how those romero's are going to skate, slip-ons almost always are too tight in the break-in period for me then blow out too quickly... it's that small window of pure blissed out sessions that always keep me coming back

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47915 on: March 02, 2023, 07:53:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans has some knu skools on the website.
[close]

One of the most atrocious shoes in skateboard history.
[close]
against my better judgment i might have to order some. i never had a pair, but i was totally captivated by those shoes as a kid watching alex moul skate them exclusively in one of the first 411s i owned.
The official pics on the Vans site looks somewhat true to the originals, but in the photos popping up on other resellers who take their own product photos they look so horrible. There's definitely something weird going on with the toe bumper that I don't remember in the originals (can see it in the Vans pics too)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 873
« Reply #47916 on: March 02, 2023, 08:10:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
against my better judgment i might have to order some. i never had a pair, but i was totally captivated by those shoes as a kid watching alex moul skate them exclusively in one of the first 411s i owned.
[close]
The official pics on the Vans site looks somewhat true to the originals, but in the photos popping up on other resellers who take their own product photos they look so horrible. There's definitely something weird going on with the toe bumper that I don't remember in the originals (can see it in the Vans pics too)

Those look like classic vans vulcs. the knu skools I remember were cupsoles

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #47917 on: March 02, 2023, 08:12:01 AM »
Had the originals and hated them to skate in. Ok to walk around in but awful board feel.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #47918 on: March 02, 2023, 09:13:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this is the first colorway of this shoe ever i think, at least in the skate line

they should make it the mike arnold pro model shoe

Years ago I was looking at the handball as a skate shoe because they used to be on sale all the time on the adidas website but I read that the sole was too hard/slick for skating. Crazy that they turned it into a skate model.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -504
« Reply #47919 on: March 02, 2023, 11:57:01 AM »
As someone else already said, a Romero Laced with some heel/ankle/Achilles protection is the addition that shoe has always been craving. Not really into the Royal Elastics look of that iteration, but would love if they built it into the existing Romero Laced

There’s no point in this shoe to me. With the slip cup existing why would you buy this which has a worse sole for the same price. They need to start putting the g6 on everything
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #47920 on: March 02, 2023, 12:01:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

wow, shout out to vans for absolutely botching the hell out of these things and saving me money in the process, because i am the exact kind of idiot who would buy knu skool reissues

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #47921 on: March 02, 2023, 01:26:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
wow, shout out to vans for absolutely botching the hell out of these things and saving me money in the process, because i am the exact kind of idiot who would buy knu skool reissues

Went to the Vans store Monday before work to try them on and was severely disappointed. Now seeing the photos of the og reminded me why, I knew they weren't vulcs but my nostalgia was overloaded that day. Plus the contrast stitching really does nothing for the shoe. I will continue not buying Vans until they decide to put a proper midsole/cupsole on their shoes again and not these hybrid vulc "cupsoles" they keep pushing.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47922 on: March 02, 2023, 02:28:42 PM »
No skate shoe on earth could make you look more like a toddler who got Tom Hanksed by a vending genie more than a Vans Knu Skool.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 289
« Reply #47923 on: March 02, 2023, 09:04:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Shoe looks like it has an underbite

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #47924 on: March 02, 2023, 11:26:55 PM »
No skate shoe on earth could make you look more like a toddler who got Tom Hanksed by a vending genie more than a Vans Knu Skool.

Oh my god - I hate that Knu Skool back in the days - worst time with Vans- was happy after that chapter was over - we dont need no reissue of this.

Remember a Girl I really like - and we had a date/ go to a party with all Skateboarders from the City  - and she rocks brand new Knu Skools - I was never a fashion nazi - wear what you wanna wear - but having a beauty with incredible legs in this joke of a shoe... it was a D3 / Buffalo level of upturn.
Coudnt stand it - I could not make out in public with a lady wearing Knu Skool.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #47925 on: March 03, 2023, 01:35:11 AM »
new player enter the skate shoe game

https://www.ejendals.com/jalas-safety-shoes/jalas-shoe-collections/jalas-tempus-shoe-collection/

JALAS safety shoes made in Finland, since 1916, unfortunately ugly as hell - but I trust in Scandinavic
quality of production. If some of you need a good safety shoe - you can have a session in-between.
All the warehouse ogre, UPS courier pirates  and Skatepark builders- give it a try.

linty

• Rep: 37
« Reply #47926 on: March 03, 2023, 02:02:02 AM »

https://www.ejendals.com/jalas-safety-shoes/jalas-shoe-collections/jalas-tempus-shoe-collection/

JALAS safety shoes made in Finland, since 1916, unfortunately ugly as hell - but I trust in Scandinavic
quality of production. If some of you need a good safety shoe - you can have a session in-between.
All the warehouse ogre, UPS courier pirates  and Skatepark builders- give it a try.
Steel toecap for the optimal board feel and durability.

one-off

• Rep: 108
« Reply #47927 on: March 03, 2023, 06:52:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Steel toecap for the optimal board feel and durability.

a soft and flexible nail penetration insert made of textile material...antistatic certified to be used in ESD protected work environments...

I'm in

Lethatefillyourheart

• Rep: 12
« Reply #47928 on: March 03, 2023, 06:55:12 AM »

Reynolds 2 vibes from that toe cap. Shoe looks sick!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #47929 on: March 03, 2023, 08:06:00 AM »
buddy who works at vans said those knu skools are the most uncomfortable shoe ever all due to that awkward narrow toe bed, so yeah these will only work if you fucked up mowing the lawn as a kid or something

jwdharris

• Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #47930 on: March 03, 2023, 09:21:35 AM »
would love if they built it into the existing Romero Laced

They are doing this on the Romero's later in the year I think.

jwdharris

• Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #47931 on: March 03, 2023, 09:23:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There’s no point in this shoe to me. With the slip cup existing why would you buy this which has a worse sole for the same price. They need to start putting the g6 on everything

Word. That G6 sole is the best. Just got the new charcoal Spanky G6 and they're great. The colour is more of a very deep green, though. Still looks good and the leather is soft and flexible.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #47932 on: March 03, 2023, 09:59:13 AM »

Finland ain’t Scandinavia.   Possibly Nordic, but def not Scandi

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #47933 on: March 03, 2023, 10:38:16 AM »
Hey atleast you don't have to enter a raffle to maybe buy a pair.

Is it that difficult to befriend a skate shop employee?

BelknappBruiser

• Rep: 26
« Reply #47934 on: March 03, 2023, 10:40:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Scandinavia (/ˌskændɪˈneɪviə/ SKAN-di-NAY-vee-ə) is a subregion in Northern Europe, with strong historical, cultural, and linguistic ties between its constituent peoples. In English usage, Scandinavia most commonly refers to Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. It can sometimes also refer more narrowly to the Scandinavian Peninsula (which excludes Denmark but includes part of Finland), or more broadly to include all of Finland, Iceland, and the Faroe Islands.[4][c]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #47935 on: March 03, 2023, 11:25:05 AM »
I told myself I’d spend around 120 on two new pairs of shoes, and now I’m looking at just buying those Arnold’s. My credit card weeps.

Anyone know how those handball shoes fit? I fit pretty good in Gazelle’s and Fastbreak Cons. I can make chucks work but sometimes can feel tight depending how I tight I lace them.
The chillest1

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47936 on: March 03, 2023, 12:15:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Scandinavia (/ˌskændɪˈneɪviə/ SKAN-di-NAY-vee-ə) is a subregion in Northern Europe, with strong historical, cultural, and linguistic ties between its constituent peoples. In English usage, Scandinavia most commonly refers to Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. It can sometimes also refer more narrowly to the Scandinavian Peninsula (which excludes Denmark but includes part of Finland), or more broadly to include all of Finland, Iceland, and the Faroe Islands.[4][c]

That sentence before the bold is key.    I guess it’s just been rammed through by misuse like “literally” and “chomping at the bit”.   

My understanding is that it wasn’t culturally Scandinavian bc they have a greater link to … Russia historically

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47937 on: March 03, 2023, 02:21:34 PM »
Anyone know how those handball shoes fit? I fit pretty good in Gazelle’s and Fastbreak Cons. I can make chucks work but sometimes can feel tight depending how I tight I lace them.

Our shop just got them. They fit true to size. Not particularly narrow or wide. If you can wear Gazelles you can wear these for sure.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #47938 on: March 03, 2023, 02:37:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That sentence before the bold is key.    I guess it’s just been rammed through by misuse like “literally” and “chomping at the bit”.   

My understanding is that it wasn’t culturally Scandinavian bc they have a greater link to … Russia historically

finnish people are their own thing. their culture used to be more like inuit way back. russian/slavic culture is way younger than any sort of finnish identity. russia tried to conquer finland or parts of it a couple times. generally i don't think the two nations been on good terms since forever. the reason finland wasn't in nato wasn't necessarily that they were friendly with russia. they hold a national grudge and insisted on facing them alone at their border for the longest time, mostly as a show of force as in finland isn't afraid of russia and doesn't need help to defend itself. finland has ties to scandinavia because after the treaty of roskilde in the 16. century it became part of the swedish empire along with what is now estonia, lithuania and latvia. the finnish language is in its own family with hungarian and a few other languages mainly spoken in north siberia and far east russia. it's not related to any european language except hungarian.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47939 on: March 03, 2023, 03:50:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

finnish people are their own thing. their culture used to be more like inuit way back. russian/slavic culture is way younger than any sort of finnish identity. russia tried to conquer finland or parts of it a couple times. generally i don't think the two nations been on good terms since forever. the reason finland wasn't in nato wasn't necessarily that they were friendly with russia. they hold a national grudge and insisted on facing them alone at their border for the longest time, mostly as a show of force as in finland isn't afraid of russia and doesn't need help to defend itself. finland has ties to scandinavia because after the treaty of roskilde in the 16. century it became part of the swedish empire along with what is now estonia, lithuania and latvia. the finnish language is in its own family with hungarian and a few other languages mainly spoken in north siberia and far east russia. it's not related to any european language except hungarian.

Awesome, good to know but for the tldr people - I was right and Finland is Nordic not Scandi?

Also, is there any substantive difference between Finns and Lapps