Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747509 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #2070 on: April 11, 2020, 11:59:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've got to axle on a few sets of Aces and never had a baseplate issue.
[close]

Never got to axle, haven’t had a baseplate problem.
I want to get some 33s, and I’d be stoked to try 03s, but trying to consume less. So instead I’m just typing about it on the internet.

I was enjoying my 44s, but only when I was riding like 56s. If I skate a smaller wheel I was having pop problems. And I need all of the help getting off of the ground.
Ace turn is the best.
Does anyone else notice less pop on ace or is it just (most certainly) me?
[close]

For me Ace pop is perfect on steep kicks with little to no fingers of flat. I think it’s because they pull the wheelbase in more than most other trucks, so when there are fingers of flat and/or mellow kicks they pop terribly for me. I’ll usually go Indy-Venture for those decks depending

Ah. Thanks.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2071 on: April 11, 2020, 04:45:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I want to get some 33s, and I’d be stoked to try 03s, but trying to consume less. So instead I’m just typing about it on the internet.

I was enjoying my 44s, but only when I was riding like 56s. If I skate a smaller wheel I was having pop problems. And I need all of the help getting off of the ground.
Ace turn is the best.
[close]

For me Ace pop is perfect on steep kicks with little to no fingers of flat. I think it’s because they pull the wheelbase in more than most other trucks, so when there are fingers of flat and/or mellow kicks they pop terribly for me. I’ll usually go Indy-Venture for those decks depending
[close]

Ah. Thanks.

Oddly enough I really enjoyed my 44s on an 8.5" DOA flat (14.5" WB). The pushed the wheelbase in nicely and made the already mellow kicks feel even more controlled. It was super good for manuals.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #2072 on: April 11, 2020, 05:11:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Ace turn is the best.
[close]

[close]

Ah. Thanks.
[close]

Oddly enough I really enjoyed my 44s on an 8.5" DOA flat (14.5" WB). The pushed the wheelbase in nicely and made the already mellow kicks feel even more controlled. It was super good for manuals.

Nice, I’ve been curious about the DOA Flat. Do they have a lot of fingers of flat between bolts and kicks?

That’s definitely true about Aces and mellow kicks/lots of fingers of flat. Manuals feel great.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 05:14:58 PM by Sundaynuggets »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2073 on: April 11, 2020, 05:45:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Ace turn is the best.
[close]

[close]

Ah. Thanks.
[close]

[close]

Nice, I’ve been curious about the DOA Flat. Do they have a lot of fingers of flat between bolts and kicks?

That’s definitely true about Aces and mellow kicks/lots of fingers of flat. Manuals feel great.

They do. I'll post a pic of the flat on an 8.25" and an 8.5" tomorrow or Monday.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #2074 on: April 11, 2020, 05:52:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Ace turn is the best.
[close]

[close]

Ah. Thanks.
[close]

[close]

[close]

They do. I'll post a pic of the flat on an 8.25" and an 8.5" tomorrow or Monday.

Awesome, thanks!

Aatila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #2075 on: April 11, 2020, 10:21:52 PM »

Diocletian

« Reply #2076 on: April 12, 2020, 08:32:54 AM »
Heavy team.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #2077 on: April 12, 2020, 09:49:09 AM »
Do you think Matt Rodriguez still cuts his ace bushings in half? That is some heavy loose trucks team right there...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

TokyoBoyzClub

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2078 on: April 12, 2020, 02:09:26 PM »
Anybody have own the lows? Was looking at getting a set of 03's but can never find a good pic of how low they really are.

Thanks,

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2079 on: April 13, 2020, 09:10:27 PM »
Back on my set of old 44’s after skating bigger boards for a few months. Can’t help but notice they don’t seem to be as responsive as they used to be. They also mush out at a certain point. Have heard a few people on here using a Bones Medium top, will this solve my problem? Almost feels like there isn’t enough rebound, even though I don’t weight very much at all.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2080 on: April 13, 2020, 11:08:31 PM »
Back on my set of old 44’s after skating bigger boards for a few months. Can’t help but notice they don’t seem to be as responsive as they used to be. They also mush out at a certain point. Have heard a few people on here using a Bones Medium top, will this solve my problem? Almost feels like there isn’t enough rebound, even though I don’t weight very much at all.

yes

Unfortunately like I said in the other thread I was going though 2or 3 bushings a year. I got this last black set for free.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2081 on: April 14, 2020, 04:19:45 AM »
Anybody have own the lows? Was looking at getting a set of 03's but can never find a good pic of how low they really are.

Thanks,

I skated some any years back and really enjoyed them, they're 48mm and next to no kingpin grind clearance (but the nut does sit below the hanger.

I don't have a comparison pic, here is what I've got and it's not helpful :P

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #2082 on: April 14, 2020, 07:16:36 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks,
[close]

I skated some any years back and really enjoyed them, they're 48mm and next to no kingpin grind clearance (but the nut does sit below the hanger.

51 the biggest wheel you’d run w/em?
Why’d you quit them?
33/03 is probably my favorite looking truck (that and and ‘94 ish ventures)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2083 on: April 15, 2020, 08:15:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks,
[close]

[close]

51 the biggest wheel you’d run w/em?
Why’d you quit them?
33/03 is probably my favorite looking truck (that and and ‘94 ish ventures)

That board was an 8.125" REAL Low Pro with 50mm wheels - I was just trying to get a 'loooooooooooooooooooow' feeling setup - and it work! I moved up from 8" boards so bailed on the ACE lows. They're a fantastic turning truck at that height, but at that height and QC you'd do just as well with Mini Logo trucks (which are lighter, turn almost as good and have better QC).

thebacker

« Reply #2084 on: April 18, 2020, 03:17:54 PM »
anyone have experience with 44's on an 8.75? should i not even set it up and just get 55's

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #2085 on: April 18, 2020, 03:46:37 PM »
Just thought about doing that because I miss my 44's

I don't like them on 8.5 though.. Don't think it'll be worth me setting up
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #2086 on: April 18, 2020, 03:53:24 PM »
anyone have experience with 44's on an 8.75? should i not even set it up and just get 55's

I rode 44’s on an 8.75 Bacon last year and loved it. Had some 60mm Spitfire OG classics on it, which are fairly wide so it didn’t look to weird or anything. Rode just fine. Don’t think I would go any bigger than that for 44’s though

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #2087 on: April 18, 2020, 04:55:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I rode 44’s on an 8.75 Bacon last year and loved it. Had some 60mm Spitfire OG classics on it, which are fairly wide so it didn’t look to weird or anything. Rode just fine. Don’t think I would go any bigger than that for 44’s though

How did the bacon concave treat you? All the bacons I had in my hand were so crazy deep that I never dared to buy one, even though they are very sympathetic as a company

PMA

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #2088 on: April 18, 2020, 05:38:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How did the bacon concave treat you? All the bacons I had in my hand were so crazy deep that I never dared to buy one, even though they are very sympathetic as a company

I loved it! I’m a fan of super deep concave so the Bacon, or any South central deck and Pennswood deep concave are perfect for me, especially in the wider sizes. I’d love to find an old school style deck with concave and kicks like that.

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2089 on: April 18, 2020, 07:32:11 PM »

55s without a doubt in my mind

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2090 on: April 18, 2020, 07:50:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

+ 1 on this
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

thebacker

« Reply #2091 on: April 18, 2020, 08:24:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
+ 1 on this

Thanks y’all

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2092 on: April 18, 2020, 08:58:24 PM »
Depends on the taper of the 8.75 tho, I had 44s on my old Chocolate Chico 8.75 and they were fine

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2093 on: April 18, 2020, 09:31:38 PM »
I’ve done it, wanted to make it work so bad but it just got too tippy, even with 3 washers on the inside. I rode 55’s on my 8.75 Eagle but I just don’t like the way they pop/flip in comparison.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #2094 on: April 19, 2020, 03:38:44 AM »
I’ve done it, wanted to make it work so bad but it just got too tippy, even with 3 washers on the inside. I rode 55’s on my 8.75 Eagle but I just don’t like the way they pop/flip in comparison.

Anyone tried 55’s on a AH brown bomber?

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2095 on: April 19, 2020, 10:01:20 AM »
BB is one of those boards that could really benefit from an Ace size in between 44 and 55. I use 44s on mine as its a street rig but if I was most skating tranny on it, 55s would be fine also. 8.75" trucks fit best on that deck.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #2096 on: April 19, 2020, 11:28:45 AM »
BB is one of those boards that could really benefit from an Ace size in between 44 and 55. I use 44s on mine as its a street rig but if I was most skating tranny on it, 55s would be fine also. 8.75" trucks fit best on that deck.

I’m mostly on tranny and curbs!

Do you know the width over the front and rear trucks?

Juanjo789

« Reply #2097 on: April 19, 2020, 09:36:34 PM »
one of my aces is tilted/crooked does it matter? how can i fix it

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #2098 on: April 20, 2020, 02:23:11 AM »
one of my aces is tilted/crooked does it matter? how can i fix it

As in a bent hanger/axle? Or tilted at the bushing/pivot? If it's the first, not much you can do. If it's the second, no it doesn't matter once you step on it, truck hangers never sit perfectly parallel.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2099 on: April 20, 2020, 07:27:01 AM »
Just ordered some 44's for my filmer set up. It seems to be a newer batch as this shop was out just a few weeks ago. Is there still QC issues or have they improved? I guess it doesnt matter as I've already rolled the dice. Still would be good to expect the worst than get blindsided.