Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747747 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #2220 on: May 18, 2020, 07:32:59 AM »
Expand Quote
I also been thinking of trying a set of 44's. The marketing is going into my head.
I had a pair of 33's a few years back, and while they felt really good at first they turned to shit really quick.
The pivot cups got shredded in like 3 months and I never ever had problems with pivot cups before, also got axle slip on both trucks not long after. That really threw me off about trying a pair again. Did they fix this or do they eat through pivot cups like crazy still?
[close]

Only my first gen aces had shit pivot cups. When they got destroyed I put khiro cups in them and had no more problem. Newer gen aces have great cups

Thought I had axle slip once but finally figured out it was a bad axle nut with destroyed nylon.

oh, was it the Pivot cups quality? I thought it was the geometry that just put to much stress into the pivot cups, because I remember people saying that they had to change pivot cups every 3 months or so... I dont think I changed pivot cups ever before. My Indys still have the same after almost 2 years. I might try a new pair of aces once I need new trucks.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2221 on: May 18, 2020, 10:02:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I also been thinking of trying a set of 44's. The marketing is going into my head.
I had a pair of 33's a few years back, and while they felt really good at first they turned to shit really quick.
The pivot cups got shredded in like 3 months and I never ever had problems with pivot cups before, also got axle slip on both trucks not long after. That really threw me off about trying a pair again. Did they fix this or do they eat through pivot cups like crazy still?
[close]

Only my first gen aces had shit pivot cups. When they got destroyed I put khiro cups in them and had no more problem. Newer gen aces have great cups

Thought I had axle slip once but finally figured out it was a bad axle nut with destroyed nylon.
[close]

oh, was it the Pivot cups quality? I thought it was the geometry that just put to much stress into the pivot cups, because I remember people saying that they had to change pivot cups every 3 months or so... I dont think I changed pivot cups ever before. My Indys still have the same after almost 2 years. I might try a new pair of aces once I need new trucks.

Could've been a combination of both the geo and the cups but changing cups remedied the problem for me.
I mean maybe the shitty cups would last longer in another brand's truck.
I'm not trying to evangelize ace but just how they turn makes it worth getting a pair. I also like the light pop feel while still feeling like a hefty truck if that makes sense

Diocletian

« Reply #2222 on: May 18, 2020, 10:20:16 AM »
Ace's have good stock bushings and pivot cups but still plenty of QC issues. Uneven axles, still bend, etc. Just have to order a set and hope they're a good one from the batch.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2223 on: May 18, 2020, 10:41:21 AM »
I'm about to setup some 44 on an Black summer 8.7 egg
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Slayer666

• Rep: -30
« Reply #2224 on: May 18, 2020, 11:43:44 AM »
I'm about to setup some 44 on an Black summer 8.7 egg
0 yea m8

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #2225 on: May 19, 2020, 10:23:54 PM »
It's been a fun week on my first pair of 44's. I'm a definite convert.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2226 on: May 20, 2020, 03:38:22 PM »

44 with 2 washers on the inside
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 03:41:08 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #2227 on: May 20, 2020, 04:36:02 PM »
Has there been any news on when the new Ace versions are supposed to release? I want to get 44s in the future but don't want buy them and then have the new ones release a day later.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2228 on: May 20, 2020, 04:38:53 PM »
No news. . Still lots of indications on social media that they are working on new sizes but  I'm guessing it will be awhile before we will see anything.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2229 on: May 20, 2020, 04:39:52 PM »
Has there been any news on when the new Ace versions are supposed to release? I want to get 44s in the future but don't want buy them and then have the new ones release a day later.

Don’t think we’ve heard anything since covid. They’re definitely being tested by the team and Joey posts daily photos them.

I would say just go for it, you’ll be waiting a while

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #2230 on: May 20, 2020, 04:44:02 PM »

Likelihood of Ace (or any small brand really) releasing something as big as an entire lineup overhaul in the current situation is probably slim to nonexistent. If it were me I'd just get some current 44's, but that's just me and I love the 8.3" axle which will cease to exist once the new ones drop.   

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2231 on: May 20, 2020, 04:58:30 PM »

Is this the 8.6 Egg?
I really wanted to skate my 44's on my Fried Egg, but it's 8.9 so I'm going with Indy 159's.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2232 on: May 20, 2020, 05:01:53 PM »
Seriously what’s the deal with Aces and flip tricks?? I’ve never struggled so much with kickflips

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2233 on: May 20, 2020, 05:34:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Is this the 8.6 Egg?
I really wanted to skate my 44's on my Fried Egg, but it's 8.9 so I'm going with Indy 159's.
8.7, haven't tried it yet. Only session I had before was on 6.1
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2234 on: May 21, 2020, 07:10:28 AM »

Nice. Can we get some glamour shots. Like a photo of it sitting on the rail? Plz
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #2235 on: May 21, 2020, 01:00:35 PM »
Ohh fuck got em
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2236 on: May 21, 2020, 01:26:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Likelihood of Ace (or any small brand really) releasing something as big as an entire lineup overhaul in the current situation is probably slim to nonexistent. If it were me I'd just get some current 44's, but that's just me and I love the 8.3" axle which will cease to exist once the new ones drop.

Proper advice.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #2237 on: May 21, 2020, 05:03:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Proper advice.

Is this facts? Cuz if true.....FUCK

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2238 on: May 21, 2020, 05:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Proper advice.
[close]

For real. I wish they'd keep the current sizing, especially the 44s. I just emailed them to see if they'd give me more info.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2239 on: May 21, 2020, 05:54:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Proper advice.
[close]

[close]

For real. I wish they'd keep the current sizing, especially the 44s. I just emailed them to see if they'd give me more info.

I’m interested in that info, if possible.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2240 on: May 21, 2020, 06:06:02 PM »
Its been noted on here pages back but according to people in the know here's how the new axle sizing was going:

44s 8.25
55s 8.5
66s 8.75
77s 9.125

Someone from Ace confirmed with me that they were working on a size between the current 44s and 55s on Facebook.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2241 on: May 21, 2020, 06:28:44 PM »
Mmmm, I mean those measurements are decent.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2242 on: May 21, 2020, 07:11:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Proper advice.
[close]

About the trucks being delayed? Nah that's just my guess, but I'd be willing to put money on it.

Or about 8.3" axle's no longer being an option? Somewhere in either this thread or the truck thread a dude was posting pics (not Instagram) of Joey T's setup with the new Ace prototypes. There was a list of the new sizing that followed every other truck brand at the moment, 33 = 8," 44 = 8.25," 55= 8.5," etc. That was supposedly right from Joey T.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2243 on: May 21, 2020, 07:16:56 PM »
Its been noted on here pages back but according to people in the know here's how the new axle sizing was going:

44s 8.25
55s 8.5
66s 8.75
77s 9.125

Someone from Ace confirmed with me that they were working on a size between the current 44s and 55s on Facebook.

That'd be sick. And also a ton of width options when you include the lows.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2244 on: May 21, 2020, 08:12:46 PM »

44s I got to feel up back in October. Measuring in  with a 8.25" axle.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2245 on: May 21, 2020, 08:39:33 PM »

44s I got to feel up back in October. Measuring in  with a 8.25" axle.

Oh shit, was that you? My bad man, should have remembered. Anyway, yeah those were the photos I was referring to.

Is it now confirmed they'll come stock with hollow kingpins? A few of Joey T's insta story shots have hollow kingpins (but solid axles).

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #2246 on: May 22, 2020, 01:00:13 AM »
Finally ordered a set of 44s and 55s from a skateshop shop in Bangkok, Thailand that ships to my country Malaysia with a reasonably priced DHL express shipping cost. If i order from Ace website or CCS, the shipping cost more than the trucks itself. Locally only hv Indy and Thunders.. Max size is 149s..only 1 local shop has Indy 159 & 169 but very few pairs.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2247 on: May 22, 2020, 06:49:15 AM »
Thanks for all the updates. If I hear anything back from Ace worth adding I'll post it here.

For @FredGerwerFrankGall: do you know if it is true that they are changing the height?

I can weal with the different axle lengths but if they go up from their current height I am going to be seriously bummed.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2248 on: May 22, 2020, 07:04:08 AM »
Maaaaaaaan, c’mon. Changing the height too? Fuck.  Maybe it’ll all be better. But rather just not.
I really like that I can run 56s without risers, and I can’t do that with Indy (too much bite, cuz I’m too sloppy), and that ACE are lower.
I hope some of these rumors get more hopeful. ACE to ermico or something like that.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2249 on: May 22, 2020, 07:51:00 AM »
Maaaaaaaan, c’mon. Changing the height too? Fuck.  Maybe it’ll all be better. But rather just not.
I really like that I can run 56s without risers, and I can’t do that with Indy (too much bite, cuz I’m too sloppy), and that ACE are lower.
I hope some of these rumors get more hopeful. ACE to ermico or something like that.

I'll be bummed if we lose the 52mm 8.38 truck from ACE.