Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747330 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #3090 on: March 16, 2021, 03:57:14 PM »
Do we know when the new batch is supposed to be rolling out?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3091 on: March 16, 2021, 04:05:36 PM »

According to their Insta "Sooner than we think"

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #3092 on: March 16, 2021, 04:30:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There is fuck all ace 44 left in Europe so I'd imagine it's soon.

Except for one shop who have debited my card for a pair yet haven't confirmed my order which is worrying as I have fuck all cash. Some shops need to up their game.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3093 on: March 16, 2021, 04:59:18 PM »
They are probably floating around  on a ship that can't dock in LA or Long beach.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3094 on: March 16, 2021, 05:56:36 PM »
They are probably floating around  on a ship that can't dock in LA or Long beach.

The ports are crazy fucked right now.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Masshole

• Rep: 23
« Reply #3095 on: March 17, 2021, 08:28:50 AM »
Showed up to the park yesterday morning. Acquaintance pointed out that all 5 dudes there were riding aces. they're taking over

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3096 on: March 17, 2021, 09:23:07 AM »
The new AF1 have arrived in some countries and are awaiting distribution.

As was said, it should not be long now.

Sizes still seemed like 33, 44, etc.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #3097 on: March 17, 2021, 12:13:21 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm hoping for a size that matches Indy 215s.
[close]

Strong rumor says it is definitely definitely coming in this revamp.

Ace lacking a competitor to the Indy 215 is just them leaving gobs on money on the table
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3098 on: March 17, 2021, 12:19:25 PM »
Expand Quote
All I’m seeing is vague marketing with that ad specifically. I’d like to see the technical info on the “hi grade” aluminum and “stronger” axles. So no forged? No one asked for laser engraved axles and rethreading axle nuts. 96a urethane pivot cups eliminates the need for riptides, potentially. Not really sold on this new version of Ace that has been hyped as nearly indestructible, not getting any convincing info so far.
[close]

Seriously....re-threading axle nuts? Laser engraving will help me skate better? Better 'washers'? WASHERS...what was wrong with the previous ones? Better Bushings? As a fan of the current rev of stock bushings, I'll be impressed if the new ones are better. 'Proprietary Manufacturing Process' and pointing to the baseplate? Maybe these are still their 'forged' plates?

All anyone wanted was a lighter/stronger ACE. Easily accomplished with Forged plates, hollow pins/axles and better materials/QC. Instead, this ad gives us nothing we actually want except stronger axles = hopefully leading to less bending issues.

If this is 'it' they're off the shortlist and it's back the TiMindy train instead.

I agree with basically everything here, but if Ace makes the same truck as they made before in wider range of sizes which are uniformly labeled, I'm happy with that and I would say that is the one thing that everyone wanted

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #3099 on: March 17, 2021, 10:41:38 PM »
I never liked the height of Indy's. Feels way too unstable to me. That's why I've always skated venture and thunder.

Where does Ace fall for height between all these ?

Standard Indy: 55mm (too tall, IMHO)

Forged Indys: 53mm (these are MUCH better than standard Indys)

Ace: 52mm

Thunder: 51mm/52mm
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3100 on: March 18, 2021, 01:42:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

There is fuck all ace 44 left in Europe so I'd imagine it's soon.

Except for one shop who have debited my card for a pair yet haven't confirmed my order which is worrying as I have fuck all cash. Some shops need to up their game.

Word is that they are coming in April. I've seen some 44s around, try Furtivo.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3101 on: March 18, 2021, 02:56:43 AM »
Feels like a lot of the ace team uses risers to get em to standard Indy height

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3102 on: March 18, 2021, 03:30:48 AM »
Feels like a lot of the ace team uses risers to get em to standard Indy height

Funny that some people are so against risers, but at the end of the day, I think I would be happy to have trucks of a slightly lower height to start with that I could put on risers, than have trucks that were too tall to start with, as you couldn't really go lower once they are standard at 55mm height.

That said, I find the 55mm Indy standards perfect for the skating I do and have very thin risers on other setups with lower trucks, be it older Indys, Thunder, etc. 

Oddly enough I don't have risers on the Ace 33 truck setup, but that one has pretty small wheels, compared to my other setups.  The Ace 55 and 66 setups are cruisers, so have 1/4 risers and 60mm wheels.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #3103 on: March 18, 2021, 06:38:12 AM »
I put my ace back on after skating thunders for awhile and they're so fun. I like medium tightness trucks and am running both washers with a normal bottom and low top bushing. They're awesome, for anyone who had reservations they work just fine for crooks also. Mine are feeling just as good as on thunders.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #3104 on: March 18, 2021, 06:54:33 AM »
Expand Quote
I never liked the height of Indy's. Feels way too unstable to me. That's why I've always skated venture and thunder.

Where does Ace fall for height between all these ?
[close]

Standard Indy: 55mm (too tall, IMHO)

Forged Indys: 53mm (these are MUCH better than standard Indys)

Ace: 52mm

Thunder: 51mm/52mm

Just to add to this because I had to look it up,

Venture Hi: 53.5mm

Venture Lo: 48mm
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #3105 on: March 18, 2021, 10:39:24 AM »
Piecing together a Christmas complete and just ordered 44’s from Shrunk. I’ll be picking them up later today. Excited to try something new.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #3106 on: March 18, 2021, 10:48:08 AM »
Piecing together a Christmas complete and just ordered 44’s from Shrunk. I’ll be picking them up later today. Excited to try something new.

To sum up the past 100+ pages of this thread, if you like Indys and get a good pair, you will absolutely love 44s.  However, I admit that I'm puzzled at the notion of a March Christmas complete. 

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3107 on: March 18, 2021, 11:42:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

To sum up the past 100+ pages of this thread, if you like Indys and get a good pair, you will absolutely love 44s.  However, I admit that I'm puzzled at the notion of a March Christmas complete.

This is the second time this week that I have seen a new complete has been called a "Christmas Complete", despite being months removed from Christmas

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3108 on: March 18, 2021, 11:47:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is the second time this week that I have seen a new complete has been called a "Christmas Complete", despite being months removed from Christmas

That's just what a a new component complete is called, no matter what time of year.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #3109 on: March 18, 2021, 11:55:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

That's just what a a new component complete is called, no matter what time of year.
Christmas isn’t a date on a calendar, it’s a state of mind.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #3110 on: March 18, 2021, 12:34:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Call Fox News, I am going to wage a war on Christmas completes.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #3111 on: March 18, 2021, 01:02:39 PM »
Expand Quote
are all of these Ace trucks really getting bent
[close]

Yes /thread

mine definitely were. and I could tell by how they rode. new set running great though, love them.

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #3112 on: March 19, 2021, 03:07:12 AM »
Are they really getting rid of the 8.38 Ace 44? That's a disappointment. It was an Apple Think Different kind of thing in skateboarding. Now they fell in line :-\

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #3113 on: March 19, 2021, 03:14:38 AM »
Here's a 4 month test on Ace 44's. They definitely look slightly more curve-y to me in the second picture.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3114 on: March 19, 2021, 03:32:52 AM »
Are they really getting rid of the 8.38 Ace 44? That's a disappointment. It was an Apple Think Different kind of thing in skateboarding. Now they fell in line :-\

I think they are staying the same, but I haven't seen the new ones yet to know.

That second pic definitely looks different, but camera angles and other things distort the image too.  I find holding or sitting the truck horizontal and taking it right at eye level to the hangers both lining up gives the best view, not too close in either.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3115 on: March 19, 2021, 04:07:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That second pic definitely looks different, but camera angles and other things distort the image too.  I find holding or sitting the truck horizontal and taking it right at eye level to the hangers both lining up gives the best view, not too close in either.

In the second pic both trucks look straight to me. You could argue the front truck (or the one in focus) may have a slight bend due to the coning of the wheels but all wheels cone. Not knowing how they skate or what they skate could have led to that. They may just turn that direction more frequently. But to me they still look straight.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3116 on: March 19, 2021, 08:22:10 AM »

The new 44s I measured were an 8.25" axle.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3117 on: March 19, 2021, 08:47:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The new 44s I measured were an 8.25" axle.

In the Ad it showed them as being 8.25" as well. That being said, in the one press release thing the said they were going to keep the current stage as "Ace Classics", so one would think they would keep using the same molds and sizing and whatnot for those. Who knows.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3118 on: March 19, 2021, 08:53:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, this is what I was going to say after looking at those photos.  We've all seen the photos in the setup thread where the wheels look all crooked.  Can't trust the phone camera distortions.  If it was the same angle, distance etc it would be a cleaner comparison

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3119 on: March 19, 2021, 09:27:39 AM »
from my understanding only the new "af1" will have the new sizes, but the old "classic" model might retain the previous size. not certain but thats what i took from the order form.