Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747387 times)

Smoothbrain1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #3540 on: April 15, 2021, 11:09:47 AM »

I know I’m being annoying here but.... fresh trucks and the kingpin is already getting hung up?? I was really hoping they would fix the loose kingpins/hang up issue, or atleast make the baseplate dlk compatible.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3541 on: April 15, 2021, 11:31:02 AM »
Damn, I left for lunch and a commotion broke out ITT. I love it.

Called one of my locals today and tried to sweet talk them into letting me buy them one day early. No dice.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #3542 on: April 15, 2021, 11:32:12 AM »
Boy, the industry shills are coming out of the woodworks with their burner accounts.

They are so responsive to being called out and will turn on you in a heartbeat. Not unlike the newly designed **Ace AF1’s**

Real talk, if there are Indy and thunder shills here, y’all can suck my sick from the back. Also, I’m super happy I got paid today and will be picking up a pair ASAP.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

sweet pee

• Rep: 124
« Reply #3543 on: April 15, 2021, 11:36:30 AM »
For anyone wondering about US pricing, Cal Surf has them up for sale for $62 a set: https://www.cal-surf.com/skateboards/trucks/ace/af1-44-polished-pid-40704

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3544 on: April 15, 2021, 11:39:55 AM »
Boy, the industry shills are coming out of the woodworks with their burner accounts.

They are so responsive to being called out and will turn on you in a heartbeat. Not unlike the newly designed **Ace AF1’s**

Real talk, if there are Indy and thunder shills here, y’all can suck my sick from the back. Also, I’m super happy I got paid today and will be picking up a pair ASAP.

I already Gnarred you for something else in the past 24 hours but I owe you another for this one.

DiscordanceAxis

• Rep: -23
« Reply #3545 on: April 15, 2021, 11:44:23 AM »
you guys better not go back to all the older pages, all the ace criticism might make your head explode. yeah, anyone who has something "negative" to say about a company's marketing/decision making process must be an industry assassan. i swear the internet and social media has eroded people's brains. keep up that cult-like positivity and eat up that marketing mmmmm

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #3546 on: April 15, 2021, 11:48:00 AM »
you guys better not go back to all the older pages, all the ace criticism might make your head explode. yeah, anyone who has something "negative" to say about a company's marketing/decision making process must be an industry assassan. i swear the internet and social media has eroded people's brains. keep up that cult-like positivity and eat up that marketing mmmmm

Its more like "huh, we are on the verge of the release of a hotly discussed, anticipated product that seems and feels like a bit of a mystery, then some people log on with brand new shiny accounts, folks who havent contributed anything yet, acting like assholes, then getting really bothered/upset when people point out all the obvious aforementioned things."

The rest of us are eagerly anticipating the trucks, but not a single person here has said that a truck they havent ridden yet is the best truck of all time, or even good for that matter.

So fuck off, basically.
ok thanks

Smoothbrain1

« Reply #3547 on: April 15, 2021, 11:52:15 AM »
Whaaaa? Someone said something about these trucks I don’t like? They must an industry shill!! Corporate conspiracy!! People aren’t allowed to be critical!! Praise only!!

Seriously?

I like ace but I’m going to suck their dick for everything they do, I think they dropped the ball here.

Hopefully the trucks feel like ace classics (because that’s the turn we love) and they last longer. That’s literally it. They didn’t do anything else to this truck, they didn’t fix the kingpin clearance and they didn’t make hollow or dlk options like other companies have had for ages now.
But they extend the wheelbase and threw in a useless rethreader. Surely this the best most technical truck in the game now.

DiscordanceAxis

« Reply #3548 on: April 15, 2021, 11:55:51 AM »
some serious ace agents in this thread. jah bless

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3549 on: April 15, 2021, 11:55:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Its more like "huh, we are on the verge of the release of a hotly discussed, anticipated product that seems and feels like a bit of a mystery, then some people log on with brand new shiny accounts, folks who havent contributed anything yet, acting like assholes, then getting really bothered/upset when people point out all the obvious aforementioned things."

The rest of us are eagerly anticipating the trucks, but not a single person here has said that a truck they havent ridden yet is the best truck of all time, or even good for that matter.

So fuck off, basically.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3550 on: April 15, 2021, 11:57:44 AM »
Its weird how you can't differentiate between people being excited about the release of a new product and sharing dribs and drabs of news about it, and people claiming that the product is the best thing ever.

Like really fucking weird. Almost as though there is an agenda.
ok thanks

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #3551 on: April 15, 2021, 12:00:09 PM »
I can't imagine caring this much about a pair of trucks
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

DiscordanceAxis

« Reply #3552 on: April 15, 2021, 12:00:19 PM »
Whaaaa? Someone said something about these trucks I don’t like? They must an industry shill!! Corporate conspiracy!! People aren’t allowed to be critical!! Praise only!!

Seriously?

I like ace but I’m going to suck their dick for everything they do, I think they dropped the ball here.

Hopefully the trucks feel like ace classics (because that’s the turn we love) and they last longer. That’s literally it. They didn’t do anything else to this truck, they didn’t fix the kingpin clearance and they didn’t make hollow or dlk options like other companies have had for ages now.
But they extend the wheelbase and threw in a useless rethreader. Surely this the best most technical truck in the game now.

you're seriously underestimating the power of joey t's army of crystal light energy healers. jah has no mercy on bumba claats like you. be warned. big gayve is their muscle.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3553 on: April 15, 2021, 12:02:08 PM »
my local had them in stock since yesterday, and I picked some up this morning. Basically had my first sesh in 3 months but they felt really good. I feel like the wheelbase has been extended because I found myself putting my front foot further up the nose than usual. The metal they used on these is great they don’t feel cheap and soft anymore. That’s about all I’ve got for now.

Smoothbrain1

« Reply #3554 on: April 15, 2021, 12:03:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So fuck off, basically.

Hot new release brings in hot new users, are you really surprised about that? This is a discussion board where we talk critically about trucks/gear. If you can’t handle it, maybe say off the forum.
I’m contributing right now. This a contribution, contrary to what you might believe. New users have to start somewhere.
I tried to be excited about this. I was super stoked when I first heard, made an account so I could talk people about it without getting flamed like you would on Instagram.
but the more I learn about AFs I can’t help myself from feeling disappointed.

I guess that makes me an industry shill? No, I’m just passionate about skateboarding and I know what I’m talking about when it comes to trucks.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #3555 on: April 15, 2021, 12:06:15 PM »
my local had them in stock since yesterday, and I picked some up this morning. Basically had my first sesh in 3 months but they felt really good. I feel like the wheelbase has been extended because I found myself putting my front foot further up the nose than usual. The metal they used on these is great they don’t feel cheap and soft anymore. That’s about all I’ve got for now.

Nooooooooo

Noooooooooooo

Please NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3556 on: April 15, 2021, 01:13:50 PM »
I feel like the wheelbase has been extended because I found myself putting my front foot further up the nose than usual.

Absolutely fucking nooooooooo. I hope not.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3557 on: April 15, 2021, 01:16:19 PM »
Expand Quote

Seriously?

[close]

big gayve is their muscle.

I mean, I know you're trying to do the edgy humorous insult thing, but I think these days this kind of homophobic thing says a whole lot more about you than me.
ok thanks

DiscordanceAxis

« Reply #3558 on: April 15, 2021, 01:21:32 PM »
i'll buy these AF1's and keep my mouth shut and never make a gay joke again, yes they/zir/zaam

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3559 on: April 15, 2021, 01:41:35 PM »
i'll buy these AF1's and keep my mouth shut and never make a gay joke again, yes they/zir/zaam

Funny as shit, you are, aren't you? Cutting edge 2021 humour.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #3560 on: April 15, 2021, 01:55:58 PM »

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Mesteezo

« Reply #3561 on: April 15, 2021, 02:50:58 PM »
Expand Quote
I feel like the wheelbase has been extended because I found myself putting my front foot further up the nose than usual.
[close]

Spent a few more minutes on them... The turning feels handicapped for lack of better words. Like it feels the same, but it wheelbites quicker than before, which might be because the wheelbase was extended, but that's just my guess. With the Ace Classics I had to really try to even hit wheelbite, yet with the AF1's it's really easy to bite. I definitely can't get as deep of a turn out of them compared to the previous Aces due to hitting wheelbite. Maybe they'll feel better with risers and more slack for the turning radius.

On the plus side, they pop way way nicer than the previous versions of Aces, which was my main gripe with the Ace Classics.

Edit: running stock tightness as well, haven't touched it at all.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #3562 on: April 15, 2021, 02:59:04 PM »
just thought it was hilarious that they said they've read all the DMs....yet they appear to be off, and I think have been as long as I've been following them. I've DMd Joey and Shrewgy a couple of times (like a man, shalom) and havent even seen a read receipt.

On IG, companies can read DM's before they choose to "Accept" them. If they don't accept them, you won't see a read reciept or "seen at x:xxpm". So they likely read your messages and ignored them.

With that said, Ace did respond to me about a warranty question. it was terse, but they did respond.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3563 on: April 15, 2021, 03:06:24 PM »
Damn in that pic of the new aces they got bones bushing in them. That’s kinda disheartening considering most love ace stock bushings. Also just thinking out loud I prefer ace to Indy. But if they got the same wheel base extension ( and completely ignored what customers want of a new rev.) as Indy. Why not skate Indy and get the option of a hollow or ti.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3564 on: April 15, 2021, 03:11:56 PM »
Expand Quote
just thought it was hilarious that they said they've read all the DMs....yet they appear to be off, and I think have been as long as I've been following them. I've DMd Joey and Shrewgy a couple of times (like a man, shalom) and havent even seen a read receipt.
[close]

On IG, companies can read DM's before they choose to "Accept" them. If they don't accept them, you won't see a read reciept or "seen at x:xxpm". So they likely read your messages and ignored them.

With that said, Ace did respond to me about a warranty question. it was terse, but they did respond.

Nah, they leave their commenting on stories off. You can always DM them, but I just thought t hat particular bit was funny, that they probably dont accept comments on their stories except from mutuals.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3565 on: April 15, 2021, 03:12:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Spent a few more minutes on them... The turning feels handicapped for lack of better words. Like it feels the same, but it wheelbites quicker than before, which might be because the wheelbase was extended, but that's just my guess. With the Ace Classics I had to really try to even hit wheelbite, yet with the AF1's it's really easy to bite. I definitely can't get as deep of a turn out of them compared to the previous Aces due to hitting wheelbite. Maybe they'll feel better with risers and more slack for the turning radius.

On the plus side, they pop way way nicer than the previous versions of Aces, which was my main gripe with the Ace Classics.

Well this fucking sucks!
ok thanks

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3566 on: April 15, 2021, 03:12:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

New bushings will take a few sessions before they firm
Up.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #3567 on: April 15, 2021, 03:14:55 PM »
Damn in that pic of the new aces they got bones bushing in them. That’s kinda disheartening considering most love ace stock bushings. Also just thinking out loud I prefer ace to Indy. But if they got the same wheel base extension ( and completely ignored what customers want of a new rev.) as Indy. Why not skate Indy and get the option of a hollow or ti.

Indeed, if they did screw with any part of the geometry, as opposed to just adding more material, it'd be a colossal fucking blunder considering they're appealing for that very reason, and you put up with all the other crap just because. Again though, I'd wait until someone breaks out the tape measure with some og Aces to compare.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3568 on: April 15, 2021, 03:20:46 PM »

Or just keep skating the classics, which might be my approach.

Yep, waiting for the tape measurer and AF1 bearer to decide for me if Im getting them.
ok thanks

Mesteezo

« Reply #3569 on: April 15, 2021, 03:40:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Or just keep skating the classics, which might be my approach.

Yep, waiting for the tape measurer and AF1 bearer to decide for me if Im getting them.

I can't take a pic cuz I'm too dumb to use a camera and tape measure with both hands, but using a 8.38 AH Eagle with 14.5" wheelbase gives me an axle to axle of 17.5"... so the AF1's add +3.00" to the wheelbase