Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 746264 times)

JimmyFive and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #3480 on: April 13, 2021, 01:28:35 PM »
AF1s being skated in here

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #3481 on: April 13, 2021, 02:12:07 PM »
 just thought it was hilarious that they said they've read all the DMs....yet they appear to be off, and I think have been as long as I've been following them. I've DMd Joey and Shrewgy a couple of times (like a man, shalom) and havent even seen a read receipt.
ok thanks

newspaperparty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
« Reply #3482 on: April 13, 2021, 03:24:34 PM »
I sent them a lengthy DM about my frustration about no 8.75 truck haha. They responded and said it was a "loaded question". Regardless I'm still excited to try the new 55s

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3483 on: April 13, 2021, 05:15:30 PM »
In a US shop for $65/ pair. Size guide also posted but still no hanger sizes listed anywhere but the Polish site...

https://aptskateshop.com/products/ace-af1-polished-trucks

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3484 on: April 13, 2021, 07:49:58 PM »
In a US shop for $65/ pair. Size guide also posted but still no hanger sizes listed anywhere but the Polish site...

$23 for the tool https://aptskateshop.com/products/ace-af1-collapsible-skate-tool, kinda steep

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3485 on: April 13, 2021, 08:21:42 PM »

So about 10 bucks more per truck. Crikey. Skateboarding inflation is real and here to stay.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3486 on: April 13, 2021, 08:22:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

$23 for the tool https://aptskateshop.com/products/ace-af1-collapsible-skate-tool, kinda steep

jesus thats more than the Silver tool
ok thanks

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #3487 on: April 13, 2021, 08:27:06 PM »

$65??? No thanks

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3488 on: April 13, 2021, 08:38:09 PM »
Well that same shop is selling the classics for $55 which you can get elsewhere for $40. So I’m guessing the AF1s will be $50 to $65 depending where you go.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #3489 on: April 13, 2021, 09:14:22 PM »
Well that same shop is selling the classics for $55 which you can get elsewhere for $40. So I’m guessing the AF1s will be $50 to $65 depending where you go.
This shop isn’t far from me but, I also want to wait for another shop to get them.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1317
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3490 on: April 13, 2021, 11:52:52 PM »
They're selling regular Stage 11 Indys for $60. I haven't bought regular Indys in a shop since before prices went up but I remember they were $50. I think it's safe to say they've got a little bump on the end of their prices and the AF1s won't be so expensive once they're out there.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #3491 on: April 14, 2021, 12:52:54 AM »
just thought it was hilarious that they said they've read all the DMs....yet they appear to be off, and I think have been as long as I've been following them. I've DMd Joey and Shrewgy a couple of times (like a man, shalom) and havent even seen a read receipt.

The off part to me is that they’re under a Canadian longboarding truck company.

Mulldrifter

• Rep: 16
« Reply #3492 on: April 14, 2021, 06:21:24 AM »
what's that joke with paris trucks and ace ? they dont even look remotely the same, paris are 57.5mm tall tkp with extra long kingpin. they also are known for longboard trucks but those are street trucks

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3493 on: April 14, 2021, 06:30:06 AM »
Just wait a little longer...

But really I wonder how many shops are going to try to pre sell the AF1 trucks or how much of a crazy mess everything will be if people are really that keen to get their hands on some.

I guess seeing so very many comments on the Ace Trucks thread here in recent days, I think they have done their job well.

Funny that some places are posting things like this too:

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3494 on: April 14, 2021, 07:25:17 AM »
A good portion of comments have been confusion. Any press is good press? To me, it's been a frustrating roll out with misinformation. I'm not all that eager to jump and try a pair day 1 due to it.  "captialize on the hype" haha. to me the hype died off a bit!

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3495 on: April 14, 2021, 10:44:01 AM »
Yet another peek at the 77s. I just think they look so cool.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3496 on: April 14, 2021, 11:01:25 AM »
A good portion of comments have been confusion. Any press is good press? To me, it's been a frustrating roll out with misinformation. I'm not all that eager to jump and try a pair day 1 due to it.  "captialize on the hype" haha. to me the hype died off a bit!

its going to be confusing as hell. Hence, I will only purchase these in person.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3497 on: April 14, 2021, 12:15:11 PM »
Does anyone have experience with tight Ace trucks on big shit? I have an opportunity to hit a mini mega size foam pit and soft flybox and I'm wondering whether the bushings will blow out if cranked and if the axles will bend with big impacts.
If a foam pit can bend axles, that's some serious quality issues. haha

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1317
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3498 on: April 14, 2021, 12:28:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone have experience with tight Ace trucks on big shit? I have an opportunity to hit a mini mega size foam pit and soft flybox and I'm wondering whether the bushings will blow out if cranked and if the axles will bend with big impacts.
[close]
If a foam pit can bend axles, that's some serious quality issues. haha
[close]

I meant the flybox. Impacts that will snap a deck immediately if your foot is placed wrong. As for the foam, I want to crank the bushings, because it's very uncomfortable and unstable with loose trucks. Cranking Aces seems pretty blasphemous, I'm wondering how they will hold up.
Throw some hard duro bushings in there for the session and then you can either have them flush or a little thread showing, depending on your weight.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Wafools

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3499 on: April 14, 2021, 12:48:00 PM »

This might fuck some of you guys up but I think they extend the WB 1/8th inch per truck so maybe 1/4in total.
I’m guessing it’s a more similar WB to Indy

***update
Can confirm the Indy/ace wb. I wonder if they did that to “strengthen” the truck up. Hince the “new pivot cups”
Also waiting on confirm that price is $65 USD
**** about $60/62 USD for non color, and $66 USD for color or something around there.

Indy hollow standard baseplate.

Indy forged hollow
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 01:20:13 PM by Wafools »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #3500 on: April 14, 2021, 12:50:23 PM »
Regardless of what you think about the new Ace trucks, I gotta hand it to them for really dialing up the hype. Very well handled marketing, here
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

laterskater

• Rep: 3
« Reply #3501 on: April 14, 2021, 01:08:06 PM »

This might fuck some of you guys up but I think they extend the WB 1/8th inch per truck so maybe 1/4in total.

***update
Can confirm the Indy/ace wb. I wonder if they did that to “strengthen” the truck up. Hince the “new pivot cups”
Also waiting on confirm that price is $65usd

Indy forged hollow

That’s really disappointing, honestly. Thanks for sharing before I purchased!

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3502 on: April 14, 2021, 01:13:32 PM »

***update

Indy forged hollow

Wild, though how they line up on the edge of the baseplates doesn't necessarily mean they will sit at the same spot when mounted. The mounting holes can be drilled in different places on the baseplates as well. I don't want to ask if you can measure them mounted on a board that you know the WB of, but that is the true test.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #3503 on: April 14, 2021, 01:16:54 PM »

***update

Indy forged hollow

Measuring the WB that way only works if the baseplates are exactly the same dimensions - Ace and Indy aint. And AF1's may even be different length from the Classics. You gotta mount them up on the same deck and measure each side, middle of axle to middle of axle. Especially if you're talking 1/4" difference.

Wafools

« Reply #3504 on: April 14, 2021, 01:21:48 PM »
Expand Quote

***update

Indy forged hollow

[close]

Measuring the WB that way only works if the baseplates are exactly the same dimensions - Ace and Indy aint. And AF1's may even be different length from the Classics. You gotta mount them up on the same deck and measure each side, middle of axle to middle of axle. Especially if you're talking 1/4" difference.

100% agree we won’t know till we get them but again don’t shoot the messenger. Just got ahold of some pics and were able to ask a few questions so figured you guys would like to see it.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3505 on: April 14, 2021, 03:27:30 PM »
Can I speak to your manager

Would actually prefer closer to Indy wb. No? y’all like the +2.75” ?? Lighter pop?

And also with mounting on deck, the bushings are too much of a variable, no? They can be mounted and sitting (and broken in once worn) differently. How do you know the axle is a perfect 90° right bugle from the baseplate??

DiscordanceAxis

• Rep: -23
« Reply #3506 on: April 14, 2021, 04:43:22 PM »
Let's see those AF1's lined up next to some classics. If the wheelbase is extended there is zero reason to buy these trucks since they'll turn like Indy (shit).

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3507 on: April 14, 2021, 05:19:07 PM »
If the wheel base is changed it’s a deal breaker for me. I may as well just skate Indy’s at that point. Like I’ll probably put Indy Ti hangers on ace baseplates or something.

Wafools

« Reply #3508 on: April 14, 2021, 05:30:00 PM »
Let's see those AF1's lined up next to some classics. If the wheelbase is extended there is zero reason to buy these trucks since they'll turn like Indy (shit).

Click that first photo. That is the regular ACE’s next to some AF1’s

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3509 on: April 14, 2021, 05:52:38 PM »
idk man. They adamantly claim same geometry in their post last week. Could you have the "same geometry" on a different wheelbase? Maybe? who knows.
ok thanks