Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 574933 times)

Sluggloaph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4680 on: November 15, 2020, 11:27:50 AM »
Why isn't Rakim taught in english classes?
Whoa. Danger.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4681 on: November 15, 2020, 09:50:26 PM »
It’s so weird to imagine what all those people who are all tatted up are going to look like as senior citizens. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4682 on: November 16, 2020, 10:19:32 AM »
why doesn’t apple make tv’s
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4683 on: November 16, 2020, 10:47:30 AM »
we don't live in a free country

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4684 on: November 17, 2020, 06:32:27 PM »
Canada's skill testing question used in giveaways and contests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skill_testing_question

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4685 on: November 17, 2020, 08:36:32 PM »
I wonder if animals in the zoo think we’re the ones in a big ass cage.  And who’s to say that they don’t have a point?

Also, it’s pretty convenient that God went around to all the different religions and sects in the world and told them that they’ve got it right and everyone else is wrong.  Not trying to tell someone how to do their job, but it seems a little counterproductive.

Finally, when a rouge AI achieves sentience and takes over in 2029 and begins assembling cyborg soldiers in our image, will it bother with giving them genitals, or just skip over that part? I definitely know which one I’m rooting for.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #4686 on: November 17, 2020, 09:57:08 PM »
is cole wilson still a pro skateboarder or a full time carpenter now

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4687 on: November 17, 2020, 10:34:02 PM »
Man terminators are hectic enough imagine if they had a sex drive too, fucken robot vikings on the rape and pillage
I don’t want that man
listen to cosmic psychos

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4688 on: November 18, 2020, 09:53:33 AM »
Gulf country natives are the worst people ever.

I’ve heard so much stories about Gulf and Arab nationals harassing employees but this time things got personal when my girlfriend told me that her boss tried to sexually harass her.

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #4689 on: November 18, 2020, 10:08:57 AM »
I wonder if animals in the zoo think we’re the ones in a big ass cage.  And who’s to say that they don’t have a point?

Also, it’s pretty convenient that God went around to all the different religions and sects in the world and told them that they’ve got it right and everyone else is wrong.  Not trying to tell someone how to do their job, but it seems a little counterproductive.

Finally, when a rouge AI achieves sentience and takes over in 2029 and begins assembling cyborg soldiers in our image, will it bother with giving them genitals, or just skip over that part? I definitely know which one I’m rooting for.
Well I dont think so because unless the robots can get pregnant there will be no reason. Maybe robots will make the genitalia just to distract us while we are trying to fight back.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #4690 on: November 18, 2020, 10:14:39 AM »
Does my Dog know I'm sorry?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #4691 on: November 18, 2020, 08:39:03 PM »
yes but it doesnt forgive you

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4692 on: November 19, 2020, 07:03:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Well I dont think so because unless the robots can get pregnant there will be no reason. Maybe robots will make the genitalia just to distract us while we are trying to fight back.

See?  This guy gets it.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #4693 on: November 20, 2020, 01:51:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

See?  This guy gets it.

would you suck a robo clit?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #4694 on: November 20, 2020, 06:34:48 AM »
just saw a stray dog wearing a basketball jersey .. lots of questions here

What kind of dog, and what team jersey?

Can I email a pal to help me convert an old release and send me the wavs? Plz

Uhhh, you need me to do what? Open some mp3s and export them as wavs?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #4695 on: November 20, 2020, 05:12:19 PM »
Can I email a pal to help me convert an old release and send me the wavs? Plz

what format are they? it better grind hard
🤙

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4696 on: November 20, 2020, 09:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

See?  This guy gets it.
[close]

would you suck a robo clit?

I’d probably pop it in the toaster oven on low for a minute or two so I don’t end up like the kid in A Christmas Story with his tongue stuck to the flagpole. 

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #4697 on: November 21, 2020, 07:32:47 PM »
i keep watching dirtbag priyas storys and seeing previews of her sucking on some dudes dong, i wonder if its that creep brian patches wang or some random dick she picked up

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4698 on: November 21, 2020, 09:08:50 PM »
Were the 2000s kinda the hair metal era of skateboarding?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4699 on: November 21, 2020, 11:00:36 PM »
Were the 2000s kinda the hair metal era of skateboarding?

i'd kind of agree with that. everything went a bit overboard. the canadian kits, the hot topic mall punk fits, the jackasses/landspeed/cky bits.

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #4700 on: November 22, 2020, 09:27:16 AM »

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #4701 on: November 23, 2020, 04:01:02 AM »

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4702 on: November 24, 2020, 11:51:32 AM »
Why is it a backside 180 nosegrind but a backside 180 switch manual?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4703 on: November 24, 2020, 01:36:19 PM »

it's kinda weird... my best guess:

bs 180 nosegrind=similar concept to bs bigspin noseslides or boardslides actually more being shove it nose/boardslides to fakie. the skater does a bs 180 with a nosegrind in the middle. trick name is not determined by orientation of the grind in this case, but in order of total body rotation of the ollie/flip trick and the trick done after the catch or after the initial trick has completed 50% progress or more. the grinds name is determined by what it would look like without the rotation in mind, so as if done regs.

this is one example of an alternate naming convention compared to just composite trick names that follow a dogmatic school of trick plus this way trick plus this way out trick, in favor of a more elegant and wholistic approach. it makes sense if you see the bs 180 more as beginning and also end to the trick instead of the two tricks as a linear sequence. the trick begins with a bs 180 and ends with fulfilling the bs 180, with the nosegrind happening in the middle.

my guess on why the sw manual isnt a fakie nosemanny would be that you can only get into a fakie nosemanny coming in fakie from the start. if you 180 into the same manual it's switch since if you popped out it would be a switch trick. with a bs 180 fakie manual it's fakie because if you would need to pop out like a fakie trick.

EDIT: the logic has flaws, like how fit fakie nosegrinds into this? so what are the rules to go fakie (nose-)manual(and grind)?

i would say there's two ways.

you have to approach fakie and either get straight on or 360.

you approach normally and rotate into a position that forces you to disengage from the manual in actual fakie stance, and only traditional fakie counts, meaning the only way to end up in any sort of fakie coming from regs is a fakie manual done on the truck you popped off, too. there just is no fakie nosemanual initiated by a 180 coming from regs.

similarly, when you nollie 180 into a sw manual, why is that not a fakie nose manny? because if you mirrored it and did it from fakie, like starting with a half cab, you end up in a regular manual, not a sw fakie nosemanual(lol). hence when mirrored sw stance it's also a manual, but switch.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 01:56:21 PM by Frank »

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4704 on: November 24, 2020, 02:51:58 PM »
i was just thinking about Dave Chappelle. what a legend. the fact that we are alive at the same time as him is one of those "moments" in history. from his early silly movies to the stand up to the tv show and back to the stand up. he transcends class, race, age, etc. nearly everyone enjoys him. been watching a lot of his recent stuff and he is an incredible story teller, on top of being so funny. no idea why this thought hit me so hard today.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4705 on: November 24, 2020, 07:59:09 PM »

There's only three manuals

Regs switch and Fakie manny.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4706 on: November 25, 2020, 03:58:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

bs 180 nosegrind=similar concept to bs bigspin noseslides or boardslides actually more being shove it nose/boardslides to fakie. the skater does a bs 180 with a nosegrind in the middle. trick name is not determined by orientation of the grind in this case, but in order of total body rotation of the ollie/flip trick and the trick done after the catch or after the initial trick has completed 50% progress or more. the grinds name is determined by what it would look like without the rotation in mind, so as if done regs.

this is one example of an alternate naming convention compared to just composite trick names that follow a dogmatic school of trick plus this way trick plus this way out trick, in favor of a more elegant and wholistic approach. it makes sense if you see the bs 180 more as beginning and also end to the trick instead of the two tricks as a linear sequence. the trick begins with a bs 180 and ends with fulfilling the bs 180, with the nosegrind happening in the middle.

my guess on why the sw manual isnt a fakie nosemanny would be that you can only get into a fakie nosemanny coming in fakie from the start. if you 180 into the same manual it's switch since if you popped out it would be a switch trick. with a bs 180 fakie manual it's fakie because if you would need to pop out like a fakie trick.

EDIT: the logic has flaws, like how fit fakie nosegrinds into this? so what are the rules to go fakie (nose-)manual(and grind)?

you approach normally and rotate into a position that forces you to disengage from the manual in actual fakie stance, and only traditional fakie counts, meaning the only way to end up in any sort of fakie coming from regs is a fakie manual done on the truck you popped off, too. there just is no fakie nosemanual initiated by a 180 coming from regs.

similarly, when you nollie 180 into a sw manual, why is that not a fakie nose manny? because if you mirrored it and did it from fakie, like starting with a half cab, you end up in a regular manual, not a sw fakie nosemanual(lol). hence when mirrored sw stance it's also a manual, but switch.

This makes sense. So with a backside 180 nosegrind the backside 180 is not completed until you land it. But it seems like the same logic should apply to a manual too, unless you count the two wheels landing in the manual as the backside 180 being completed and the manual as a separate trick. If you did a backside 180 nosegrind, kickflip out, for instance, wouldn't it be a switch kickflip, not a nollie kickflip while grinding backwards? So, to pop out of that, even just an ollie, would be a switch trick, and the same goes for backside 180 switch manual. Or maybe not because there isn't a grind in the middle but the skater is rolling. But that seems like a weird distinction to make because the trick is still not completed until the person either lands the grind or the manual on all four wheels. Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter that much if everyone understands what these names mean. It's just sometimes I think skate trick naming is a little inconsistent or illogical but as long as there are conventions, it's fine.

Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe in the future there will be only two, if everyone becomes stanceless and skates symmetrical boards: manual or nose manual. Then if a stanceless skater does a half-cab or nollie 180, it will always be backside or frontside and not backside half-cab/frontside nollie 180 or frontside half-cab/backside nollie 180. This stuff is kind of crazy to think about a lot. It's like how quantum physicists lose their minds from thinking too much about matter and shit.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4707 on: November 25, 2020, 10:12:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This makes sense. So with a backside 180 nosegrind the backside 180 is not completed until you land it. But it seems like the same logic should apply to a manual too, unless you count the two wheels landing in the manual as the backside 180 being completed and the manual as a separate trick. If you did a backside 180 nosegrind, kickflip out, for instance, wouldn't it be a switch kickflip, not a nollie kickflip while grinding backwards? So, to pop out of that, even just an ollie, would be a switch trick, and the same goes for backside 180 switch manual. Or maybe not because there isn't a grind in the middle but the skater is rolling. But that seems like a weird distinction to make because the trick is still not completed until the person either lands the grind or the manual on all four wheels. Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter that much if everyone understands what these names mean. It's just sometimes I think skate trick naming is a little inconsistent or illogical but as long as there are conventions, it's fine.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Maybe in the future there will be only two, if everyone becomes stanceless and skates symmetrical boards: manual or nose manual. Then if a stanceless skater does a half-cab or nollie 180, it will always be backside or frontside and not backside half-cab/frontside nollie 180 or frontside half-cab/backside nollie 180. This stuff is kind of crazy to think about a lot. It's like how quantum physicists lose their minds from thinking too much about matter and shit.

80 Fakie nose grind kinda predates switch too.

I totally f'd up because I'm all fucking fucked up

1 Manny
2 nose manny
 3 Fakie manny
4 switch Manny.

G turn is valid
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4708 on: November 27, 2020, 11:47:22 PM »
It’s so weird to imagine what all those people who are all tatted up are going to look like as senior citizens.

That's a very conservative way of looking at it, and it's something people say a lot about tattoos. So do you plan on keeping yourself as well preserved as possible until you're a senior citizen? No matter what you're gonna age. If you take care of yourself, maybe you'll age a little better than those who lead rougher lives. But your skin is still gonna get all wrinkly, saggy and spotted anyway. What difference will tattoos make? Will old tatted people somehow have worse looking old person skin? I don't think it matters that much, and it's never made me question getting a tattoo I wanted.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4709 on: November 28, 2020, 12:48:55 AM »
tattoos on old folks are awesome. of course they will look shitty. that's not the point. the point is "golly, this old gentlemen rocks tattoos, he must have been a real rebel rouser, oh boy, i better be polite to this old tattooed gentleman or he's probably pullin his switchblade on me."