Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 295035 times)

Gene_Harrogate

• Rep: 7
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #2250 on: February 23, 2021, 01:46:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Wife and I have been watching Crime Scene: Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel. It just keeps getting weirder. Similar to that Donít Fuck with Cats 4 parter that was on Netflix last year.
[close]

People made it seem like a ghost story when it came out, the end conclusion of what likely happened really got me

It always amazes me how people want to to vacation in cali and they just get blasted by the amount of homelessness in the major cities (SF, LA, SD).  I worked in SF for a few years and almost daily i saw in broad day someone using heroin or crack in alleys
Yeah, I lived in LA for a little over a year and it was right after Guy Mariano's Epicly Later'd came out.  With him talking about skid row, and everything he went through I had to see it for myself. So a guy I worked with who had lived in LA his whole life took me down there.  I don't remember seeing the Cecil hotel specifically, but I can imagine how bad it was considering it was right there.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 21
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2251 on: February 23, 2021, 11:05:44 PM »
HBO Max just put up the 3rd season of Gomorrah and it was just as amazing as the previous two.  Not sure if anybody else on here watches it, but in my opinion makes the Sopranos looks like a 7th Heaven.  Apparently the fourth season is already over with, but it takes forever to be made available in the US.
I think season four is going to be up relatively soon, along with the Ciro the Immortal prequel movie.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Nigel Houston

• Rep: -17
« Reply #2252 on: February 24, 2021, 09:17:31 AM »
The Midnight Sky was good, definitely better than critics said

I watched every episode of Somebody Feed Phil because no travel right now

The High Score video game series was solid

Ugly Delicious was good

And the Connor McGregor "Notorious" doc was enjoyable!

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2253 on: March 07, 2021, 10:23:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wife and I have been watching Crime Scene: Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel. It just keeps getting weirder. Similar to that Donít Fuck with Cats 4 parter that was on Netflix last year.
[close]

People made it seem like a ghost story when it came out, the end conclusion of what likely happened really got me

It always amazes me how people want to to vacation in cali and they just get blasted by the amount of homelessness in the major cities (SF, LA, SD).  I worked in SF for a few years and almost daily i saw in broad day someone using heroin or crack in alleys
[close]
Yeah, I lived in LA for a little over a year and it was right after Guy Mariano's Epicly Later'd came out.  With him talking about skid row, and everything he went through I had to see it for myself. So a guy I worked with who had lived in LA his whole life took me down there.  I don't remember seeing the Cecil hotel specifically, but I can imagine how bad it was considering it was right there.

does anyone else think that Cecil hotelthing could have easily been 2 episodes shorter - so much time spent on completely irrelevent speculation..

I watched 'Behind her eyes' with my wife last week.. pretty dull for the most part, the ender ender was an unexpected twist after the predictable one that came before it. the thing that got me the most about the show is how good looking Bono's daughter is!

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2254 on: March 07, 2021, 04:09:55 PM »
Watched I Care A Lot with the lady a couple weekends ago, didn't know what to expect but it was well done and fairly intriguing. Rosamund Pike and Peter Dinklage are great in it imo.
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Gene_Harrogate

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2255 on: March 07, 2021, 04:45:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

does anyone else think that Cecil hotelthing could have easily been 2 episodes shorter - so much time spent on completely irrelevent speculation..

I watched 'Behind her eyes' with my wife last week.. pretty dull for the most part, the ender ender was an unexpected twist after the predictable one that came before it. the thing that got me the most about the show is how good looking Bono's daughter is!
Yeah when I had posted about it originally we still had one episode left with still a ton left unanswered. When it was done I felt like we got duped because they took a bunch of YouTube detectives way too seriously.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 444
« Reply #2256 on: March 07, 2021, 11:38:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Bonoís daughter was great in the amazing show The Knick.  Def recommend. 

The Cecil Hotel definitely gives itself away when it mentions in the first ep that she was acting out in the room and the other girls asked her to be moved and then they never went into it further.  Seemed obvious that was the key but they were keeping it in their pocket for later. 

Also, I really enjoyed Moxie, but youíre gonna have to deal with a lot of Nico Haraga playing a sweet boyfriend to the lead