Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 387576 times)

Blind Fisherman

Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #2880 on: April 10, 2023, 09:52:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Binged BEEF last night...fucking great story kept me on the edge, good camera and color shots throughout.

Decided to start watching Succession last week and just got through season 1, and just heard last night episode was one of the best ones...also loving this show
[close]

Co-sign Beef.
Same. Started it last night after my partner spoke highly of it; highly recommend.

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #2881 on: April 11, 2023, 10:21:15 AM »
Beef was great. Watched it all in one day
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #2882 on: April 11, 2023, 01:32:11 PM »
Did anyone watch Night Agent?    I was intrigued but kinda felt too long by a few eps.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2883 on: April 12, 2023, 10:28:58 PM »

slimvanilla

« Reply #2884 on: April 12, 2023, 10:31:44 PM »
watched the first ep of Beef earlier today and can't wait to keep it movin

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #2885 on: April 13, 2023, 12:28:56 AM »
I'm pretty hyped about Season 3 of I Think You Should Leave dropping on May 30th. Still a ways off but I'm excited now that I know.

Is Beef watchable if you despise Ali Wong?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2886 on: April 13, 2023, 06:07:52 AM »
I'm pretty hyped about Season 3 of I Think You Should Leave dropping on May 30th. Still a ways off but I'm excited now that I know.

I guess it depends if you can make it through a show where she’s on screen 50% of the time of 5 hours of show or not.   

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #2887 on: April 13, 2023, 06:15:32 AM »
Black Summer is incredible.  It's got such a unique thing going on for such a played genre (Zombie/Apocalypse)

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2888 on: April 13, 2023, 07:46:34 AM »
True Detective season 4!!! Guess it’s coming out in June..

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2889 on: April 13, 2023, 09:00:28 AM »
True Detective season 4!!! Guess it’s coming out in June..

For better or worse (I vote for better) it’s a completely different creative team behind it.  No more Pizzolato

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #2890 on: April 13, 2023, 12:48:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I guess it depends if you can make it through a show where she’s on screen 50% of the time of 5 hours of show or not.

I've never seen anything with her in it, watched it mainly for Steven Yeun, dude kill it in movies post walking dead...but I had no context for her other than  her netflix special, and she's an amazing drama actress...she kills in this show and it surprised me as i thought she was all comedy

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2891 on: April 13, 2023, 01:15:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've never seen anything with her in it, watched it mainly for Steven Yeun, dude kill it in movies post walking dead...but I had no context for her other than  her netflix special, and she's an amazing drama actress...she kills in this show and it surprised me as i thought she was all comedy

She did a movie with Randall Park in it (romcom would be too reductive) that was pretty great.   

She’s reminds me a bit if Elaine Benes was a real person

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #2892 on: April 16, 2023, 10:27:46 AM »
Really enjoying Florida Man on Netflix. Whole lotta fun

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #2893 on: April 16, 2023, 07:16:30 PM »
Like others I'm fuckin loving Beef

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2894 on: April 16, 2023, 08:42:36 PM »

I’m interested in it, but not finding the need to binge it, if that makes sense

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2895 on: April 17, 2023, 09:06:05 AM »

Yeah Netflix dropped some goodies this month...also watched that boston marathon and waco doc, shit was good, I like these styles of mini 3part docs. 

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #2896 on: April 17, 2023, 09:16:18 AM »
Florida Man starts out a little slow then gets really wild. Highly recommend….like a playful Bloodline. Had a free weekend, so watched The Night Agent on Netflix too. Pretty lame title, trailer & super low expectations.
Wow that show is incredible plus intense

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2897 on: April 17, 2023, 09:19:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah Netflix dropped some goodies this month...also watched that boston marathon and waco doc, shit was good, I like these styles of mini 3part docs.

There’s a Waco show coming soon on Paramount plus with Michael Shannon

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2898 on: April 17, 2023, 10:00:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Heavens Gate show would fit Paramount + also

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2899 on: April 17, 2023, 11:32:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

They had a new doc when it was an anniversary year on Netflix, but their story doesn’t really suit a movie/tv show as there was no dramatic showdown or courtroom battle.   They’re more of a documentary cult

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2900 on: April 17, 2023, 11:52:37 AM »
Binged BEEF last night...fucking great story kept me on the edge, good camera and color shots throughout.

Decided to start watching Succession last week and just got through season 1, and just heard last night episode was one of the best ones...also loving this show

I'll vouch for succession too. Currently re-watching before starting the new season though.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2901 on: April 17, 2023, 12:45:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

They had a new doc when it was an anniversary year on Netflix, but their story doesn’t really suit a movie/tv show as there was no dramatic showdown or courtroom battle.   They’re more of a documentary cult

sorry was a shitty joke given all the star trek revamps on paramount +, also was known that the Heavens gate people were heavily influenced by Star Trek TNG and decided to make uniforms and rank to reflect the show, they could probably pull the show off while showing episodes of their franchise

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2902 on: April 17, 2023, 01:05:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

sorry was a shitty joke given all the star trek revamps on paramount +, also was known that the Heavens gate people were heavily influenced by Star Trek TNG and decided to make uniforms and rank to reflect the show, they could probably pull the show off while showing episodes of their franchise

Not to mention Uhura’s brother(?) was one of their members. 

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2903 on: April 17, 2023, 03:21:11 PM »

I would say so. She comes across differently in the show than with her stand ups. It is definitely worth a watch regardless of your feelings towards her. The show is as funny as it is beautiful and tragic. Steven Yeun's performance alone will make the experience worth it.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2904 on: April 17, 2023, 05:28:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would say so. She comes across differently in the show than with her stand ups. It is definitely worth a watch regardless of your feelings towards her. The show is as funny as it is beautiful and tragic. Steven Yeun's performance alone will make the experience worth it.

#spitonit

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #2905 on: April 17, 2023, 07:22:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, I watched every episode last night and loved it. Pretty relatable too sadly lol. I got bad road rage and things quickly spiral out of control.

slimvanilla

« Reply #2906 on: April 17, 2023, 07:53:34 PM »
finally finished Beef. man that shit was good. if the show was an actual type of beef, it'd probably be a medium-well rib eye. cuz those shits are good

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #2907 on: April 22, 2023, 07:59:30 PM »
Joining the choir on Beef, just finished it.  First couple eps I was like okay, pretty exciting but hope it doesn’t just turn into another show about new-age shitty people who cheat on each other.. I can’t even believe how much deeper and well-written it got from there.  I really did a 180 on how I felt about most characters over the course of the show.  If there isn’t another season I’d be satisfied with the ending, but they really set it up well to keep it going.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2908 on: April 22, 2023, 10:54:20 PM »
Joining the choir on Beef, just finished it.  First couple eps I was like okay, pretty exciting but hope it doesn’t just turn into another show about new-age shitty people who cheat on each other.. I can’t even believe how much deeper and well-written it got from there.  I really did a 180 on how I felt about most characters over the course of the show.  If there isn’t another season I’d be satisfied with the ending, but they really set it up well to keep it going.

Not saying you’re wrong, but I don’t remember there being space for a new season.   Everything seemed pretty wrapped up - but it’s also been a few weeks…

Also, when do we think it’s fair to life the Beef Spoiler embargo?

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2909 on: April 23, 2023, 03:30:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

As annoying as her vibe is on stage, she will always get a pass from me after hearing this bit about fucking skaters. Sexy on the outside? I’ll take it.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.