Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2205951 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #12210 on: February 08, 2023, 07:41:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Unionskates half off on shoes and apparel.

Code: HALF
[close]

Also figured out they’ll ship for free if you spend more than $150. I added shit to my cart, then removed it. Trying really hard to exercise self control, but $55 1010s are making it really fucking difficult.

I currently have a shit ton of shoes still new in box though, so someone else should go score these deals.
[close]

I put some in my cart and then remembered that I have probably between five and eight pairs of unskated or basically unskated shoes and clicked off the tab. There's just no need.
[close]
Yeah. Think I’m getting this way. I have a few I regret buying cause a year from now I’ll want to skate something new instead of these TyShawn’s. Same with all my decks. I can already foresee me giving a lot of shit away. These deals are just too addicting. Probably be best to just buy stuff when we need it, even if it’s full price 😭
[close]

I definitely need to start applying this mentality more. I have a bunch of brand new shoes, and a bunch of decks that I need to run through, but I know skate warehouse or somewhere is gonna run a sale soon and I’m going to find myself buying multiples of the newest Deathwish Foy twin tail. It is for real a problem. I need to try to reduce the amount of product I currently have.
[close]

By my count of decks, wheels, shoes and bearings I have 2 years worth of products accumulated over the last 6 months since brands & shops have been slashing prices to clear inventory.

Trucks on the other hand, not yet...

Skatewarehouse tends to drop some serious deals on trucks now and then. I've gotten Indys and Aces at half off from them. Just got to check on the daily.

flintstagram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #12211 on: February 08, 2023, 09:27:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Also figured out they’ll ship for free if you spend more than $150. I added shit to my cart, then removed it. Trying really hard to exercise self control, but $55 1010s are making it really fucking difficult.

I currently have a shit ton of shoes still new in box though, so someone else should go score these deals.
[close]

I put some in my cart and then remembered that I have probably between five and eight pairs of unskated or basically unskated shoes and clicked off the tab. There's just no need.
[close]
Yeah. Think I’m getting this way. I have a few I regret buying cause a year from now I’ll want to skate something new instead of these TyShawn’s. Same with all my decks. I can already foresee me giving a lot of shit away. These deals are just too addicting. Probably be best to just buy stuff when we need it, even if it’s full price 😭
[close]

I definitely need to start applying this mentality more. I have a bunch of brand new shoes, and a bunch of decks that I need to run through, but I know skate warehouse or somewhere is gonna run a sale soon and I’m going to find myself buying multiples of the newest Deathwish Foy twin tail. It is for real a problem. I need to try to reduce the amount of product I currently have.
[close]

By my count of decks, wheels, shoes and bearings I have 2 years worth of products accumulated over the last 6 months since brands & shops have been slashing prices to clear inventory.

I’m in the same boat. Easily 2 years worth of decks/shoes. Not so much wheels, although I’ve got a few spare sets. Then I’ve got a spare set of trucks. (If we’re only talking Thunder 151s, which are my preference. I’ve got a few sets of Indys, a set of Slappys, and some 10” aces I bought thinking I’d set up a Heroin Curb Killer that I have. Truthfully if I was going to set it up I’d want to get some of those 10” Thunders.)

Bearings are the least stocked up, but I’m not hurting by any stretch. I’ve got two sets of used Swiss that are still in good shape. I’ve been riding Quantum ceramics lately, and they’re amazing. I do want to get a few spare sets of those sometime soon.

I know I’ve got a problem, I just suck at doing anything to curb the problem.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #12212 on: February 09, 2023, 06:30:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m in the same boat. Easily 2 years worth of decks/shoes. Not so much wheels, although I’ve got a few spare sets. Then I’ve got a spare set of trucks. (If we’re only talking Thunder 151s, which are my preference. I’ve got a few sets of Indys, a set of Slappys, and some 10” aces I bought thinking I’d set up a Heroin Curb Killer that I have. Truthfully if I was going to set it up I’d want to get some of those 10” Thunders.)

Bearings are the least stocked up, but I’m not hurting by any stretch. I’ve got two sets of used Swiss that are still in good shape. I’ve been riding Quantum ceramics lately, and they’re amazing. I do want to get a few spare sets of those sometime soon.

It's definitely just compulsive at this point.  I'll find myself scrolling through sites with the mentality of "Well I gotta buy something or I'm missing out."  But I'm staying strong and I'll buy something at the local on Skateshop day.  It's funny that this thread has turned into a support group for retail addicts.

Get hungry on it!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12213 on: February 09, 2023, 06:51:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It's definitely just compulsive at this point.  I'll find myself scrolling through sites with the mentality of "Well I gotta buy something or I'm missing out."  But I'm staying strong and I'll buy something at the local on Skateshop day.  It's funny that this thread has turned into a support group for retail addicts.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #12214 on: February 09, 2023, 07:30:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Hell, I finally pulled the trigger on that stupid SSENSE site sale and had to pick two Isle boards since the Pass Ports were sold already. It came out to a perfect $200 CAD for free shipping and because of your advice, I still threw in a pair of 54 mm SML wheels for an additional $25. Ordered it on the weekend on some stupid FOMO shit. Wednesday and it still hasn't even been packed to ship or anything but the Isle decks were an additional $10 cheaper each and they slashed another $5 off the wheels too lol... so if I had waited I could have got the wheels + decks for 200 even. I inquired about this and they, of course, told me "I got the best price available" because of that question it put my order on hold and they told me they took it off hold and it will be shipped in 2 business days... Bad taste in my mouth now from this slow-moving shitty high fashion site but I'm so fucking poor I couldn't help but buy enough shit in one purchase to last a whole year since local prices are obscene and it's more a of surf shop than anything. Sigh.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12215 on: February 09, 2023, 07:53:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Hell, I finally pulled the trigger on that stupid SSENSE site sale and had to pick two Isle boards since the Pass Ports were sold already. It came out to a perfect $200 CAD for free shipping and because of your advice, I still threw in a pair of 54 mm SML wheels for an additional $25. Ordered it on the weekend on some stupid FOMO shit. Wednesday and it still hasn't even been packed to ship or anything but the Isle decks were an additional $10 cheaper each and they slashed another $5 off the wheels too lol... so if I had waited I could have got the wheels + decks for 200 even. I inquired about this and they, of course, told me "I got the best price available" because of that question it put my order on hold and they told me they took it off hold and it will be shipped in 2 business days... Bad taste in my mouth now from this slow-moving shitty high fashion site but I'm so fucking poor I couldn't help but buy enough shit in one purchase to last a whole year since local prices are obscene and it's more a of surf shop than anything. Sigh.

Come on in buddy, always room for 1 more in the support group.

Got jilted by them too, tried to cancel 1 item after the order had been placed but not processed for 3 days. Only when I emailed them did they say it was too late and the box was being packed.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Jacob DeGrosso

• Rep: 16
« Reply #12216 on: February 09, 2023, 10:10:39 AM »
Well at least it seems they eventually ship stuff. I was beginning to wonder.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 65
« Reply #12217 on: February 09, 2023, 10:21:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Yeah that is funny lol. I’m trying to tell myself that there’s an abundance of gear out there in the wild, and that there will always be sales. But it’s difficult. I really like this 8.5 Pizza deck and they’re still $30 so I’m tempted to get a few more. Problem is I have eight decks of that same size on ice 😭

OhioGuy

• Rep: 65
« Reply #12218 on: February 09, 2023, 11:04:28 AM »
Girl and Chocolate have mystery boxes for Valentine’s Day. Two decks and two sheets of grip for $80.

https://crailstore.com/collections/everything/crailentines

Could probably use it with the 10% off if you sign up for their spam lol.

I have a Chocolate Kenny Anderson deck that I really love so this is tempting, and I want to experiment with an 8.125 and these 148 Thunders 😭

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #12219 on: February 09, 2023, 11:47:17 AM »
Girl and Chocolate have mystery boxes for Valentine’s Day. Two decks and two sheets of grip for $80.

I have a Chocolate Kenny Anderson deck that I really love so this is tempting, and I want to experiment with an 8.125 and these 148 Thunders 😭
The code is BUZZBUZZ10 and doesn't seem to be user-specific

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069
« Reply #12220 on: February 09, 2023, 12:53:01 PM »
303 boards is on their bullshit again

23% off store wide

Darkroom has select decks and all wheels BOGO-Free
https://drkrminc.com/collections/sale

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #12221 on: February 09, 2023, 01:34:09 PM »

I really enjoyed the last couple Chocolate bloards I skated. Might have to buy one of these mystery boxes.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #12222 on: February 09, 2023, 01:49:04 PM »

23% off store wide

i just can't get past the no free shipping from them

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 878
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #12223 on: February 09, 2023, 01:55:38 PM »
Expand Quote

23% off store wide

[close]

I can…. Because I live 5 mins from it and can pick it up for free  8)

But I gotta stop buying shit I don’t need except lounge pants since I started working from home need to get comfy

poodude

• Rep: 22
« Reply #12224 on: February 09, 2023, 05:33:11 PM »
Expand Quote

23% off store wide

[close]

Their entire inventory is on thedrop.com. Get 20% off and free shipping through that.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #12225 on: February 09, 2023, 06:26:31 PM »
Anyone have any deals on Vans skate authentics or old skools in 9.5? In need of some new kicks.

G_Money

• Rep: 12
« Reply #12226 on: February 09, 2023, 06:50:32 PM »
Ended up ordering a 8.125” gx-1000 deck, 53mm Tom Knox wheels, modus ceramic bearings and a polo rugby from Ssense.

Anyone know the best place to find thunder 148 trucks for the low?

Ayjerry

• Rep: 4
« Reply #12227 on: February 09, 2023, 07:27:36 PM »

I got the “box of chocolates” 2 decks with grip tape for $80 shipped. I went for the g021 7.875 decks as I’m looking to try out shorter length and WB. Don’t need 2 decks, just started skating again like a month ago lol

logjammin

• Rep: 333
« Reply #12228 on: February 09, 2023, 08:39:06 PM »

23% off store wide

Thanks regarding 303, I wouldn't have known otherwise! Great deal and even discounts sale items. Cheap quick shipping, too.

treeebark

• Rep: 11
« Reply #12229 on: February 09, 2023, 09:20:04 PM »

23% off store wide

anyone know what the wheelbase is like on 303's 8.75 shop boards? and BBS according the woodshop thread yah?

broken USB

« Reply #12230 on: February 10, 2023, 03:27:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

oops gotta get outta this one before i start admitting i have a problem of buying pants on the internet and never wearing them

iwishicouldssbts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #12231 on: February 10, 2023, 04:48:12 AM »
Expand Quote

23% off store wide

[close]

anyone know what the wheelbase is like on 303's 8.75 shop boards? and BBS according the woodshop thread yah?

@treeebark I do actually! The wheelbase is about 14.62 and the length is around 32.5 from what I’ve measured and remember. Popsicle shape.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 05:18:37 AM by iwishicouldssbts »

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #12232 on: February 10, 2023, 06:27:15 AM »
Them 303 boards are really good in my experience.  I like the art direction too.

8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12233 on: February 10, 2023, 07:12:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I got the “box of chocolates” 2 decks with grip tape for $80 shipped. I went for the g021 7.875 decks as I’m looking to try out shorter length and WB. Don’t need 2 decks, just started skating again like a month ago lol
How did you get the free shipping? when i tried to check out, it was charging for shipping and i couldn't combine it with the extra 10% code

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #12234 on: February 10, 2023, 08:45:38 AM »
Orchard bout to have a big sale this weekend, sale items up to 60% off and 10% off everything in store if you're in Boston. Free shipping in you're in the NE area too and only $5 nationwide

https://orchardshop.com/

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12235 on: February 10, 2023, 08:50:34 AM »
Orchard bout to have a big sale this weekend, sale items up to 60% off and 10% off everything in store if you're in Boston. Free shipping in you're in the NE area too and only $5 nationwide

https://orchardshop.com/
Starts at midnight tonight, so the sale prices aren't reflected just yet...

freidnly guy

• Rep: 16
« Reply #12236 on: February 10, 2023, 03:50:01 PM »
after successfully ducking and dodging that FA warehouse sale i think i have finally cured my sale gear thread impulse control issues
Not me, I've got a Phawt and a Brophy on their way

globe fusion

• Rep: 3
« Reply #12237 on: February 10, 2023, 06:15:14 PM »
for those in canada

exo has some decks and shoes on sale

decks starting at $45 cad https://exoshop.com/collections/decks?usf_sort=price
shoes

lots of shoes in the $50-$80 range from last resort, nike, adidas, dc, lakai and more https://exoshop.com/collections/mens-shoes?usf_sort=price

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069
« Reply #12238 on: February 11, 2023, 08:27:26 AM »
Vans.com gives an additional 30% off sale. Stacks with 15% mailing list code

Edit not sure if it stacks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 12:06:43 PM by TwisT »

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
« Reply #12239 on: February 11, 2023, 09:28:39 AM »
Vans.com gives an additional 30% off sale. Stacks with 15% mailing list code

what’s the mailing list code? for signing up for Vans Family?