Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2264431 times)

Nacho Maildrop

Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #12270 on: February 13, 2023, 10:18:22 AM »
I see The Drop still has those Pizza decks for $30. I wonder if they’re going out of business cause I doubt they’re very popular 😂

Anyway, I got curious and compared the 8.5 shovel shape to an FA board of the same size and they’re basically identical (FA is a little longer, his a slightly steeper nose, and is BBS of course). I wonder if PS Stix just used the old FA molds or something lol

Just got my box. It shipped directly from Pizza, so I looked on their site and and they have a bunch of $25-$30 boards as well. They have a bunch of normally-priced boards, so I don't think they're going out of business...probably just the usual "Oops, we overbought after the initial COVID shortage."

slimvanilla

« Reply #12271 on: February 13, 2023, 11:02:25 AM »
anyone else get something from Unionskate? copped a hoodie 5 days ago and the order is still processing, just wondering if you guys are having a similar experience

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #12272 on: February 13, 2023, 11:40:22 AM »
anyone else get something from Unionskate? copped a hoodie 5 days ago and the order is still processing, just wondering if you guys are having a similar experience

have you contacted them about it yet?

slimvanilla

« Reply #12273 on: February 13, 2023, 11:44:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just reached out now

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #12274 on: February 13, 2023, 12:05:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
just reached out now

Need to do the same. I placed an order for 1010s and haven’t heard anything.

notinternetfamous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 317
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #12275 on: February 13, 2023, 12:10:54 PM »
I got an email from Jordan who notified me that the 440 highs in my order were sold out in my size (i suppose my wallet appreciates that lol). He refunded the difference and was super polite about it. He also informed me that he runs the shop and web store all alone while working full-time outside the store so he sometimes does get behind on inventory updates on the webstore.

I would just be patient and hope that most of the stuff you ordered is in stock and will get shipped out sometime this week.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #12276 on: February 13, 2023, 12:11:32 PM »

lol the one thing i've ever bought from them was a hoodie and i think it came in like 3 days but i just live one state away and it wasn't during a sale or anything, they're probably just backed up

kelbywest

• Rep: 6
« Reply #12277 on: February 13, 2023, 12:22:11 PM »
Jordan @ Union is good people. I had to exchange a pair of shoes for a smaller size once and he was very nice. Albeit I had to pay the return shipping, but I didn't care since he runs the shop himself and it's a small local business I'm supporting in the end.

I placed my order from the recent sale on Wednesday 2/8 and they created the label on 2/10 but it still hasn't moved. Just gotta be patient and wait it out. Probably sold a good bit of a stuff with a 50% off deal.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12278 on: February 13, 2023, 12:28:38 PM »
They’re probably also moving a bit slow and broken today. Especially seeing the Eagles just lost last night.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #12279 on: February 13, 2023, 12:49:39 PM »
They’re probably also moving a bit slow and broken today. Especially seeing the Eagles just lost last night.

They're out by the Burg, they've been depressed all season with the Steelers
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #12280 on: February 13, 2023, 12:50:59 PM »
He does take a while to ship but he’s good for it, I’ve always gotten everything I’ve ordered

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12281 on: February 13, 2023, 12:57:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They're out by the Burg, they've been depressed all season with the Steelers

This made me laugh

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #12282 on: February 13, 2023, 01:21:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I got an email from Jordan who notified me that the 440 highs in my order were sold out in my size (i suppose my wallet appreciates that lol). He refunded the difference and was super polite about it. He also informed me that he runs the shop and web store all alone while working full-time outside the store so he sometimes does get behind on inventory updates on the webstore.

I would just be patient and hope that most of the stuff you ordered is in stock and will get shipped out sometime this week.
I haven't heard anything about my order from Union yet either but I figured this bolded part was the case with them. I've ordered stuff from them before and had no problems with it, so I'll just wait patiently for them to ship my pants I definitely don't need anyways.

Pastasash

• Rep: 84
« Reply #12283 on: February 13, 2023, 01:47:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I haven't heard anything about my order from Union yet either but I figured this bolded part was the case with them. I've ordered stuff from them before and had no problems with it, so I'll just wait patiently for them to ship my pants I definitely don't need anyways.

LOL yeah same here, ordered those Louie Volcom pants from them last Wed and figured this was the case too, glad to hear others are also experiencing the same so not gonna further bombard their inbox and continue to wait patiently. Let the small skateshop cook and fulfill these amazing deals!

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #12284 on: February 13, 2023, 02:31:37 PM »
Those are sick graphics for a shop deck. Would fuck with.
They are. I have this 8.6 one on my cruiser. Really like the shape.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #12285 on: February 13, 2023, 02:37:51 PM »
axionfootwear.com 75% off

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12286 on: February 13, 2023, 03:17:50 PM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Royal_The_Royal_Inverted_144_Truck/descpage-RYINVTR.html
Daily dose on skate warehouse. 28 bucks and free shipping for a set of inverted royals

G_Money

• Rep: 11
« Reply #12287 on: February 13, 2023, 03:21:43 PM »
axionfootwear.com 75% off

Even at 75% off I can’t do it.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #12288 on: February 13, 2023, 03:28:05 PM »
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12289 on: February 13, 2023, 04:12:29 PM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Royal_The_Royal_Inverted_144_Truck/descpage-RYINVTR.html
Daily dose on skate warehouse. 28 bucks and free shipping for a set of inverted royals
How are those trucks. Tempted to try an ikp truck.

jsettle

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12290 on: February 13, 2023, 04:29:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Im tempted as well. I hear they turn really well and bushings are very soft. Im trying to find out if anyone has rode 55 mm wheels with them and how that is first. I think the truck is 52mm high which is lower than i normally ride but i love 55mm wheels. Im almost tempted to just say fuck it and spend the 28 bucks and hope for the best

grassblade

« Reply #12291 on: February 13, 2023, 04:31:38 PM »
you deserve what you'll get, for buying Royal trucks

jsettle

« Reply #12292 on: February 13, 2023, 04:38:54 PM »
you deserve what you'll get, for buying Royal trucks

Haha...that scares me.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #12293 on: February 13, 2023, 04:47:28 PM »
25% off all shoes at oldskull, all shoes ship free

stacks with sale shoes as well

code:25SHOESOFF

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2016
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12294 on: February 13, 2023, 05:23:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

LOL yeah same here, ordered those Louie Volcom pants from them last Wed and figured this was the case too, glad to hear others are also experiencing the same so not gonna further bombard their inbox and continue to wait patiently. Let the small skateshop cook and fulfill these amazing deals!

Jordan at Union is legit and a good dude, one man operation so expect shipping to be slower especially after a sale. Order multiple times from Union and zero complaints.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Im tempted as well. I hear they turn really well and bushings are very soft. Im trying to find out if anyone has rode 55 mm wheels with them and how that is first. I think the truck is 52mm high which is lower than i normally ride but i love 55mm wheels. Im almost tempted to just say fuck it and spend the 28 bucks and hope for the best

They are a middle ground truck combining the best bits of Indy (turn), Thunder (weight) and Venture (pinch and slide) without excelling at any 1 area. They push the wheels out around 3.125" roughly similar to a Indy Forged or Thunder Cast. The bushings start out medium but get mushy over time, I'd recommend going aftermarket on them. In terms of the IKP their baseplate comes threaded so the kingpin sits in more securely versus the Indy Mids which have been reported to wiggle loose. Weight wise they are close to a Thunder Standard or a Venture V-Light.

For $28 they are worth the price, I'd choose them over Krux or any entry level truck brand, just below the big 4. They are a huge upgrade from the 2000s era ones.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 05:34:34 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1436
« Reply #12295 on: February 13, 2023, 05:59:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://lbskate.com/collections/long-beach-skate-co-shop-decks

Shop decks at $28, stacks with the 10% discount code if you sign up for their mailing list.

Last I heard their shop boards were BBS with a shovel nose like FA / Hockey, great looking full dip decks too.
[close]

Some designs are shovel nose like FA/Hockey and others are Baker shape.

LBSkate is my local and their decks are legit.
[close]

Is there any indicators for which is the FA shape?
[close]

By the looks of the shape on the pic it looks full, not sure about the orange / yellow one:
https://lbskate.com/collections/long-beach-skate-co-shop-decks/products/long-beach-skate-co-sea-skateboard-deck

I dropped them a DM, no reply yet.

Based off this pic they look like the same shape for all 3 graphics.

any reply? I'm getting to be broke and $28 BBS shovel nose would be real nice to stock up on  ;)
Support your local skate shop

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #12296 on: February 13, 2023, 06:01:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Shop decks at $28, stacks with the 10% discount code if you sign up for their mailing list.

Last I heard their shop boards were BBS with a shovel nose like FA / Hockey, great looking full dip decks too.
[close]

[close]

[close]

By the looks of the shape on the pic it looks full, not sure about the orange / yellow one:
https://lbskate.com/collections/long-beach-skate-co-shop-decks/products/long-beach-skate-co-sea-skateboard-deck

[close]

any reply? I'm getting to be broke and $28 BBS shovel nose would be real nice to stock up on  ;)
The ones with the graphic I posted are FA shaped. The Bad Queen is too.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1436
« Reply #12297 on: February 13, 2023, 06:27:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
The ones with the graphic I posted are FA shaped. The Bad Queen is too.

haven't been on this bitch in months and within 15 minutes i get two BBS decks shipped to my door for $64.
Support your local skate shop

slimvanilla

« Reply #12298 on: February 13, 2023, 06:48:45 PM »
for everyone waiting on orders from Unionskate:
-i reached out on IG and they responded very quickly. basically saying that they're having problems with Shipstation and that they're a bit backed up bc of so many orders
-my hoodie was shipped like 4ish hours ago, so looks like they're finally sending stuff
-dude was super appreciative and responsive. show Union some love

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2016
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12299 on: February 13, 2023, 07:43:15 PM »
Thanks @OhioGuy
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m