Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2186294 times)

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #8640 on: January 12, 2021, 03:22:40 PM »
$50 Liberty Cups and 3ST.003

Decent size selections left for all you Adidas peeps

https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/adidas-liberty-cup-sneaker/n3349829?color=FTWWHT%2FROY
https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/adidas-3-st-003-sneaker/n3349936?color=CBLACK%2FFTW

daamn you gonna do this to us huh

guess u aint make me hit buy though

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Bradford

« Reply #8641 on: January 12, 2021, 03:24:02 PM »
More Vans on sale. Limited sizes and not sure what shipping will cost you though https://rosestreetskateshop.com/collections/shoes-sneakers/vans

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #8642 on: January 12, 2021, 05:32:37 PM »
If you never stop into Nordstrom Rack, I would highly recommend it. Since I've been working across the street from one, I've bought 3/4 of the skate shoes there, usually Vans Pros, but also Nike, adidas, and New Balance. Hilariously, all of the "fashion" Vans are like ~$60, while I've rarely paid more than $40 for a pair of authentic skate shoes there

Anyway, does anyone have a link to cheap (*authentic*) Bones Swiss. I seem to remember some $45 ones back around Christmas, though I expect those are already gone. Any links?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #8643 on: January 12, 2021, 06:21:14 PM »
If you never stop into Nordstrom Rack, I would highly recommend it. Since I've been working across the street from one, I've bought 3/4 of the skate shoes there, usually Vans Pros, but also Nike, adidas, and New Balance. Hilariously, all of the "fashion" Vans are like ~$60, while I've rarely paid more than $40 for a pair of authentic skate shoes there

Anyway, does anyone have a link to cheap (*authentic*) Bones Swiss. I seem to remember some $45 ones back around Christmas, though I expect those are already gone. Any links?

I stop in the rack at least once a week. I pass one on the way home. I’ve scooped skate shoes and a few pairs of red wings from there.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

KillDayoy

• Rep: 17
« Reply #8644 on: January 12, 2021, 06:34:20 PM »

Jokers has swiss for 43.99, I picked up a set maybe 8 months ago and they're going strong
https://jokersskateshop.com/Bones-Swiss-Bearings-p68460207

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8645 on: January 12, 2021, 11:14:41 PM »

Here is a link to a bit more talk about fake product, which unfortunately is getting a lot more rampant with the shortages.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82118.msg3478666#msg3478666

Almost always if it is a no name seller on ebay or other online platform, with no shop link or something like that, it is going to be fake or hot product.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #8646 on: January 13, 2021, 04:57:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I stop in the rack at least once a week. I pass one on the way home. I’ve scooped skate shoes and a few pairs of red wings from there.

i back this. whenever i pass one i always stop in. nine times out of ten there's a pair of vans or CONS sitting on the shelf for clearance costs.

our local one had a pair of these SB blazers on the shelf in my size for about three months and i saw them on multiple occasions. i think they were only $40 too. i regret not snagging =[

good come sausage

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #8647 on: January 13, 2021, 05:04:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i back this. whenever i pass one i always stop in. nine times out of ten there's a pair of vans or CONS sitting on the shelf for clearance costs.

our local one had a pair of these SB blazers on the shelf in my size for about three months and i saw them on multiple occasions. i think they were only $40 too. i regret not snagging =[

Secretly hope they messed up my crocket high order. I have 2 tracking numbers with a quantity of "2" being shipped on each. I only ordered 2 but I am reading it as them shipping 4, so we'll see.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #8648 on: January 13, 2021, 05:37:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Secretly hope they messed up my crocket high order. I have 2 tracking numbers with a quantity of "2" being shipped on each. I only ordered 2 but I am reading it as them shipping 4, so we'll see.

Haha they did that to me once for pants years ago. Good luck

Anyone still frequent 6pm.com?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

DirtyBurger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #8649 on: January 13, 2021, 08:48:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha they did that to me once for pants years ago. Good luck

Anyone still frequent 6pm.com?

I fuck with 6pm, usually more for like jackets and bags though. Their shoes selection dried up awhile back it seems and their website is pretty spotty lately.

I've got a coupon code for 10% off on the Keybar website if anyone wants to try one. KBARMY

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #8650 on: January 13, 2021, 10:51:58 AM »
$50 Liberty Cups and 3ST.003

Decent size selections left for all you Adidas peeps

https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/adidas-liberty-cup-sneaker/n3349829?color=FTWWHT%2FROY
https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/adidas-3-st-003-sneaker/n3349936?color=CBLACK%2FFTW

In no way did I need any more shoes, but I couldn't turn down those 3st's. My heart says thank you, but my wallet hates you.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #8651 on: January 14, 2021, 11:20:31 AM »
Free shipping and 10% off everything at TGM with Jan10 code.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKB5bHMAgcY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #8652 on: January 14, 2021, 07:58:17 PM »
Free shipping and 10% off everything at TGM with Jan10 code.

Thanks!

Just ordered a deck and shoes I don't need but it's all about stimulating the economy! 

Bonus they're in Michigan.
Enjoy your life.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8653 on: January 15, 2021, 07:48:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jokers has swiss for 43.99, I picked up a set maybe 8 months ago and they're going strong
Notice that in the picture on joker's skateshop the bearings do not have "Made in Switzerland" on the box. That is a tell-tale sign that they are fake. The box should look like these:
 edit: Glad to know Joker's isn't selling fakes, just using an outdated picture on the website
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 06:49:21 AM by Firebert »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #8654 on: January 15, 2021, 08:03:33 AM »
DAMN. Definitely added those to my cart but decided against it

Frank and Fred

« Reply #8655 on: January 15, 2021, 09:37:45 AM »
If you need cheap good bearings...

https://www.shop709.com/products/independent-genuine-black-precision-8mm-pro-skateboard-bearings

Indy Blacks. $16. Free ship.

I think Indy discontinued these but when I don't fee like paying Swiss prices they are a great alternative. Only ever had a few individual bearings that crapped out on me. Usually get a year out of them with no maintenance.

Diocletian

« Reply #8656 on: January 15, 2021, 10:18:43 AM »
I don't think Jokers is selling fakes, it's a core skate shop so they're getting Bones either direct or through a distro which is a pretty safe channel.

KillDayoy

• Rep: 17
« Reply #8657 on: January 15, 2021, 10:48:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Notice that in the picture on joker's skateshop the bearings do not have "Made in Switzerland" on the box. That is a tell-tale sign that they are fake. The box should look like these:

Damn, wish I still had the box to verify if they had that on them or not. Either way they're still rolling for me so I'm not bummed

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #8658 on: January 15, 2021, 01:30:38 PM »
Related, how often are Bones Reds faked? The last ones I had were god awful compared to any other set I've owned. I figured I'd just gotten a bad batch

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #8659 on: January 15, 2021, 02:42:01 PM »
Related, how often are Bones Reds faked? The last ones I had were god awful compared to any other set I've owned. I figured I'd just gotten a bad batch

Back in the day my local skate shop had “China reds” I. Unmarked packaging

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8660 on: January 15, 2021, 04:52:07 PM »

All of the bearings can and have been faked a lot.  The difference is if you buy them from a reputable skate shop which has a "Bones authorised dealer" sign, sticker or account - yes you can ask Bones if you really want to - they can verify that they are genuine product.

That sticker was in the first package my shop received from the Bones distributor.

Also on another note, if you see older stock pictures of Bones swiss, NONE of the pics have any of the modern "Made in Switzerland" or the "Skate Rated" stickers, so saying Jokers has fake product is totally unjustified.  They are a legit shop and have had a Bones account for maybe longer than you have been skateboarding.  Maybe slight exaggeration but I hope you get what I am saying.  If not sure, just ask.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8661 on: January 15, 2021, 05:25:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Damn, wish I still had the box to verify if they had that on them or not. Either way they're still rolling for me so I'm not bummed

Jokers shop (est 2006) is an authorised Bones products dealer, so when you buy swiss by the carton and don't mark things up excessively you can have decent product at reasonable prices.

Yes they need to update their stock pic of swiss bearings and a few other things I have seen too.

Even the Skate One site only recently updated their Bones swiss bearings pic not too long ago, which still had the old stock pic without the "Made in Switzerland", so now with that and the "Skate Rated" sticker.

Funnily enough just recently I have seen a very good copy with all extra writing and relevant sticker recently, but most definitely a fake set of swiss, so just check where they come from or even send a message to Skate One / Bones and ask before you buy.  They reply fairly quickly.

https://www.skateone.com/contact/

If it is a seller on ebay or other online platform not attached to a reputable shop, most likely they are fake.

I hope this helps everyone.

Welpok

• Rep: 11
« Reply #8662 on: January 15, 2021, 07:54:07 PM »
Eh I was going to use this but I have way too many shoes anyway. It's the $25 off $75 at Vans coupon code:

vansH20@OPgF-vBc

Thank you everyone who shares their heads on sales. Much appreciated. I wish I could give everyone a code, but sadly just have one.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8663 on: January 15, 2021, 11:44:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Jokers shop (est 2006) is an authorised Bones products dealer, so when you buy swiss by the carton and don't mark things up excessively you can have decent product at reasonable prices.

Yes they need to update their stock pic of swiss bearings and a few other things I have seen too.

Even the Skate One site only recently updated their Bones swiss bearings pic not too long ago, which still had the old stock pic without the "Made in Switzerland", so now with that and the "Skate Rated" sticker.

Funnily enough just recently I have seen a very good copy with all extra writing and relevant sticker recently, but most definitely a fake set of swiss, so just check where they come from or even send a message to Skate One / Bones and ask before you buy.  They reply fairly quickly.

https://www.skateone.com/contact/

If it is a seller on ebay or other online platform not attached to a reputable shop, most likely they are fake.

I hope this helps everyone.

These fakes on aliexpress have the "MADE IN SWITZERLAND" text on the packaging.

Good video of the side by side comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXDgCZMYFbY
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8664 on: January 16, 2021, 06:21:13 AM »

These fakes on aliexpress have the "MADE IN SWITZERLAND" text on the packaging.

Good video of the side by side comparison:

Interesting about the packaging in the video - I pulled out a few sets from different eras before fake ones even were a thing and the packaging on the "fake" bearings is identical to the older sets of the genuine bearings from a number of years ago.

Someone else pointed this out in the youtube comments too, but it stands to reason, they copy them as finely as they can at that particular time, but then as products change, you are more able to tell the new genuine product from the older fake product.

Take the fake Indy trucks with USA still stamped under the baseplate too.

It is late and I should stop - this is the sale gear thread after all, not the fake gear thread.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #8665 on: January 16, 2021, 08:45:03 AM »
Eh I was going to use this but I have way too many shoes anyway. It's the $25 off $75 at Vans coupon code:

vansH20@OPgF-vBc

Thank you everyone who shares their heads on sales. Much appreciated. I wish I could give everyone a code, but sadly just have one.

Here’s mine.
vansH20@TRkT-wKm
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #8666 on: January 16, 2021, 07:51:25 PM »
Expand Quote

vansH20@OPgF-vBc

[close]

Here’s mine.
vansH20@TRkT-wKm

How do you get a code? I used this one, wasn't sure if my purchase would let me share one with you guys

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #8667 on: January 16, 2021, 08:00:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

vansH20@OPgF-vBc

[close]

Here’s mine.
vansH20@TRkT-wKm
[close]

How do you get a code? I used this one, wasn't sure if my purchase would let me share one with you guys
There was a sale and if you spent more than X amount you got $25 off...any purchase over $75
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8668 on: January 17, 2021, 02:32:46 AM »
Back on topic, Impact skate shop is having a sale on normal pro Vans until they sell out, getting ready for the new skate range.

I am more stoked on those current colourways and the shoes fit fine to me, but I am interested to see how the new skate range fit and wear too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKHk4lqD6YW/

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #8669 on: January 17, 2021, 07:01:51 PM »
It is late and I should stop - this is the sale gear thread after all, not the fake gear thread.
You may be onto something here, Brimmo. Is there a knockoff/bootleg/fake gear containment thread yet? Where PALS can post about counterfeit shit they’ve either purchased, or come across? Maybe serve to warn others away from potentially questionable vendors?
Is this a thing already, and I didn’t find it with the search function?
If not, SHOULDn’t this be a thread?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?