Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2415157 times)

stooeylewis and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #15510 on: June 20, 2023, 03:18:53 AM »
Saw Leo yesterday here in Stalin, shoes looked quite good.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #15511 on: June 20, 2023, 04:04:01 AM »

What colorway?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15512 on: June 20, 2023, 04:07:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What colorway?
White ones with that little red detail
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Samsquantch

• Rep: 60
« Reply #15513 on: June 20, 2023, 08:51:58 AM »
Agreed, Nikes always run a bit narrow for me but I can make it work. The Ishod felt like my foot was in a vice on both sides. If they fix that with this second shoe is def pick up a pair, cause they look good.

Hol up, Ishods are that narrow? I've got narrow ass size 14's and skate GT Blazers because 1, I can actually get them in size 14 and 2, they're not cavernous fucking canoes like most shoes in bigger sizes. Blazers are ok, but I would prefer them tighter yet. Ishods are available in 14, may have to give them a go.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #15514 on: June 21, 2023, 06:14:13 PM »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #15515 on: June 21, 2023, 06:55:08 PM »
The Ishods look like Nyjah’s shoe and that’s why I’m upset.
Not that bad looking tho.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #15516 on: June 21, 2023, 07:59:24 PM »
I bet Nyjah's shoes will go down as selling better than Ishod's, which is a travesty as Ishod is one of my top 5 favorites.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15517 on: June 21, 2023, 09:45:58 PM »
I think they look great.  This isn’t the colorway I’d get, but I don’t dislike it either

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #15518 on: June 22, 2023, 12:21:43 AM »
I think they look great.  This isn’t the colorway I’d get, but I don’t dislike it either

I’m sure the right colorway and when Ishod drops a part it’ll change minds.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #15519 on: June 22, 2023, 12:53:03 AM »
I agree, maybe with a swoosh matching that blue/navy (?) could work.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15520 on: June 22, 2023, 12:59:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I agree, maybe with a swoosh matching that blue/navy (?) could work.

Oh I actually dig that, I’m just not a navy shoe guy hah.

Chronic85

« Reply #15521 on: June 22, 2023, 02:51:37 AM »
Anyone else got issues with the sizing of the black/ gum Dunks?
I bought them in my usual size (10.5) and they run too small to my surprise.
I always bought Dunks in 10.5.
There was a time i even skated them in a 10.

Was wondering now if i just always bought them too small or if they changed the sizing on them?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 04:52:52 AM by Chronic85 »

breezy_again

• Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #15522 on: June 22, 2023, 05:52:07 AM »

Was wondering now if i just always bought them too small or if they changed the sizing on them?
i bought some of these but haven't worn them yet. when i get home from work today i'll let you know how they fit.
i'm always a size 9 so it should be obvious if something has changed,
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 11:22:08 AM by breezy_again »

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #15523 on: June 22, 2023, 06:00:57 AM »
Don't really see the nyjah 3 comparisons with the ishod 2, just that it looks like a slimmer and sleeker silhouette. pretty flat.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1001
  • the moon rules
« Reply #15524 on: June 22, 2023, 07:21:36 AM »

Yes. I’m also a 10.5 and they’ve felt too small. Same with the white leather ones. A friend of mine has had similar issues. To me the black/white ones felt like a 10.5 upper on a size 10 sole
fuck you bama

skunty

• Rep: 75
« Reply #15525 on: June 22, 2023, 08:27:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are those air bubbles?? I have been waiting for this moment for many years...
[close]

I’m with you. I don’t get why they don’t use that for impact protection.
[close]
Probably fashion/trend cycle, every shoe had them for a while and then it became very uncool to wear air bubble shoes. Then probably cost, it's a whole extra thing to make (probably have to make a different air bubble for every size and half size of shoe) extra stages in production and so on
And then maybe effectiveness, since a skate shoe sole can only be so thick it's hard to say if the bubble really even does anything that a zoom air insole and/or foam midsole doesn't already do better.
[close]
Back in the days when more shoes had the air bubbles I recall them always breaking at some point and starting to squeak annoyingly. They would also turn all yellow and disgusting looking before that.

did nike SB ever have air bubbles? I wanna see some nike SB shox hit the market

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #15526 on: June 22, 2023, 08:31:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Probably fashion/trend cycle, every shoe had them for a while and then it became very uncool to wear air bubble shoes. Then probably cost, it's a whole extra thing to make (probably have to make a different air bubble for every size and half size of shoe) extra stages in production and so on
And then maybe effectiveness, since a skate shoe sole can only be so thick it's hard to say if the bubble really even does anything that a zoom air insole and/or foam midsole doesn't already do better.
[close]
Back in the days when more shoes had the air bubbles I recall them always breaking at some point and starting to squeak annoyingly. They would also turn all yellow and disgusting looking before that.
[close]

Prod 1 are the only that comes to mind.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Chronic85

« Reply #15527 on: June 22, 2023, 08:40:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yes. I’m also a 10.5 and they’ve felt too small. Same with the white leather ones. A friend of mine has had similar issues. To me the black/white ones felt like a 10.5 upper on a size 10 sole

Good to know im not the only one. Was wondering if i bought a fake pair.
And i was wondering about the white ones, too.
Guess its 11 then.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #15528 on: June 22, 2023, 10:35:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Prod 1 are the only that comes to mind.
Yeah that's all I can think of as visible air bubble for sb too. I know maybe the prod 2-4 then the 9 and Omars shoe had some kind of zoom air thingy in the sole you could see if you held it up to the light but not a little window in the side of the sole.

breezy_again

« Reply #15529 on: June 23, 2023, 04:10:32 AM »
damn these dunks do feel a little smaller! what the heck!!!
i think i can make them work but still

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
« Reply #15530 on: June 23, 2023, 04:44:08 AM »
Are you guys on about the black and white dunks that are being restocked now and then?

breezy_again

« Reply #15531 on: June 23, 2023, 06:22:20 AM »
Are you guys on about the black and white dunks that are being restocked now and then?
yup

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15532 on: June 23, 2023, 08:56:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yup
Ok good to know as my local doesn't do dunks so I order them from another shop. Guess half size up if I order them.

breezy_again

« Reply #15533 on: June 23, 2023, 09:35:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
yup
[close]
Ok good to know as my local doesn't do dunks so I order them from another shop. Guess half size up if I order them.
man honestly i think i would try them on first if possible. i think i can make these 9s work but they are a tighter fit for sure.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15534 on: June 23, 2023, 11:14:32 AM »
I'll probably just leave them. I'm never in other city's when the restocks happen and I've got a few pairs of other ones in my closet still. I'm glad they are easy to get again.

WideFeet

• Rep: 91
« Reply #15535 on: June 23, 2023, 01:23:15 PM »
That alleged Ishod 2nd pro model looks like an early 2000’s basketball shoe you would get at Famois Footwear. Ishod deserves better. I wonder if he actually get to have input on his shoe? I think I remember videos of him saying he had I put on his first shoe.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #15536 on: June 23, 2023, 01:27:19 PM »
That alleged Ishod 2nd pro model looks like an early 2000’s basketball shoe you would get at Famois Footwear. Ishod deserves better. I wonder if he actually get to have input on his shoe? I think I remember videos of him saying he had I put on his first shoe.

Wondering that as well! I've seen these Ishod 2s in person and they look pretty solid. The heel doesn't look as high up/blocky with the air bubble like first images kinda made it look.

I genuinely liked Ishod's first shoe design wise, but they made it so rectangular and narrow of a shape, instead of more naturally shaped silhouette like a Dunk or Blazer.
Super Champion Fun Zone

truthislie

« Reply #15537 on: June 23, 2023, 11:42:17 PM »
I like the design of the Ishod 2 but there is no way I ll buy them without trying them on in a shop first. I made that mistake with his first shoe and it´s the most narrow ill fitting shoe I have ever had. I love Ishods twin tail boards but his shoes just dont seem to work for me.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #15538 on: June 25, 2023, 03:12:51 PM »
I guess ive been completely out of the loop, but looking on the "new/upcoming shoes" thread, the Ishod 2's were discussed there as well and many said his first pro model bombed...

Just me thinking, but he had colorways galore with other sports collabs, and for the first couple months, there were countless colorways being shown here, but it still bombed? This may sound stupid but if the staple/more simple/popular colors that would usually carry through seasons (black/black, black/white, red/white, brown/black, etc) werent selling well...why invest even more into exclusive collabs that fit a more niche market, when it's showing for the target audience the shoe is designed for...is failing.

And I also understand some colorways are done far in advance to not be able to just immediately stop production, and with current stock, they'd want to sell what they have on hand to not be stuck with dead stock...

but I was greatly unaware his first shoe is considered a bomb. Sad as I actually liked the shoe aside from the ramen noodle paneling, but still, his first shoe with nike, and it bombing is a hard pill to swallow, let alone green light a second shoe and possibly have it bomb too...

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15539 on: June 25, 2023, 07:17:11 PM »
I guess ive been completely out of the loop, but looking on the "new/upcoming shoes" thread, the Ishod 2's were discussed there as well and many said his first pro model bombed...

Just me thinking, but he had colorways galore with other sports collabs, and for the first couple months, there were countless colorways being shown here, but it still bombed? This may sound stupid but if the staple/more simple/popular colors that would usually carry through seasons (black/black, black/white, red/white, brown/black, etc) werent selling well...why invest even more into exclusive collabs that fit a more niche market, when it's showing for the target audience the shoe is designed for...is failing.

And I also understand some colorways are done far in advance to not be able to just immediately stop production, and with current stock, they'd want to sell what they have on hand to not be stuck with dead stock...

but I was greatly unaware his first shoe is considered a bomb. Sad as I actually liked the shoe aside from the ramen noodle paneling, but still, his first shoe with nike, and it bombing is a hard pill to swallow, let alone green light a second shoe and possibly have it bomb too...

People have ZERO context for saying it bombed.  Sales figures aren’t public.   It probably means they didn’t like it and no one in their immediate circle wore it.    At my local, it sold out pretty quickly in the first 4 months of it run.   The only thing that was a bomb was the fit