Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2414158 times)

PalaceButtPlug, seabassbooster, AnthonyHawkins and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

MikeX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #15420 on: June 06, 2023, 06:49:44 AM »
Like the Flash orange colorway inspired by one of the OG dunks (I assume)

Do older dunks have a slimmer silhouette or is it just the angle that the picture was taken? Modern dunks seem to be a bit more bulky looking

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #15421 on: June 06, 2023, 07:09:35 AM »
There have been multiple iterations of a slimmed down dunk, when it became the Ishod pro all the heel padding was removed and a thinner tongue.
Most recently they have been doing some deconstruction versions.
It’s always in flux, some colors also look/appear more bulky or padded. Could just be the angle of the pic.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #15422 on: June 06, 2023, 07:45:52 AM »
^ very happy somebody remembers ishod had the dunk as a pro model for a while. Everytime I've brought it up people are just like "you mean a colourway?"

Going from memory the dunks from that time were pretty massive in the tongue and collar but the toe was a bit slimmer than shoes of that time

ish_wav

• Rep: 101
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15423 on: June 06, 2023, 11:12:39 AM »
^ very happy somebody remembers ishod had the dunk as a pro model for a while. Everytime I've brought it up people are just like "you mean a colourway?"

Going from memory the dunks from that time were pretty massive in the tongue and collar but the toe was a bit slimmer than shoes of that time

Ishod’s pro shoe was a dunk in the same way that Malto’s pro shoe was the dunk. They were both just color ways.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15424 on: June 06, 2023, 11:16:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ishod’s pro shoe was a dunk in the same way that Malto’s pro shoe was the dunk. They were both just color ways.
Well then ishod had like a dozen colourways in one year......
It was a different shoe. Corey Kennedy, grant Taylor and ishod wair all had pro shoes that were redesigns of classic Nike shoes. Corey had the court and gt had (and still has) the gt blazer.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 11:29:48 AM by Mean salto »

MonsPubis

• Rep: 20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15425 on: June 06, 2023, 01:18:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Do older dunks have a slimmer silhouette or is it just the angle that the picture was taken? Modern dunks seem to be a bit more bulky looking

the dunks after 2004 had a slimmer silhouette until they retooled the whole shoe around 2011 I believe. changed the toebox, sole, collar, and started cheaping out on materials.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #15426 on: June 06, 2023, 07:08:01 PM »
I also hope the Leo Baker shoe has a midsole and not the thick ishod style insole. I don’t really like the look of the Tyshawn but love the fit of the mid and the support and cushion. I like the look of the Baker shoe a lot more than the Tyshawn, and it’s a high top so that would be great too

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #15427 on: June 07, 2023, 01:45:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Googled the original copy for the shoes and they just call it “customizations” for his dunk.   

My understanding is that he was supposed to get a pro model earlier, but when you get a pro model, you’re obligated to only wear that shoe, which Ishod didn’t want to do because he liked to switch it up, so he kept getting colorways.   

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
« Reply #15428 on: June 07, 2023, 06:17:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Well then ishod had like a dozen colourways in one year......
It was a different shoe. Corey Kennedy, grant Taylor and ishod wair all had pro shoes that were redesigns of classic Nike shoes. Corey had the court and gt had (and still has) the gt blazer.

Yep that makes sense. I forgot they ran so many different colors of his dunk.

Steven Seagullwing

« Reply #15429 on: June 07, 2023, 05:36:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ishods dunks were almost decon-like. Definitely were slimmed down from an average dunk.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #15430 on: June 07, 2023, 07:25:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ishods dunks were almost decon-like. Definitely were slimmed down from an average dunk.

Haven’t had any but, I think Stefan said that SB dunks were thicker and the regular ones were a slimmer shoe.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #15431 on: June 10, 2023, 06:43:01 AM »

Official pics

douchenozzle

• Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #15432 on: June 10, 2023, 07:23:48 AM »

Official pics

These look like bread loafs

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15433 on: June 10, 2023, 09:43:05 AM »
Expand Quote

Official pics

[close]
Sole is different to those pictures on the previous page. The others had stitching the full way around the sole, looked like a classic basketball sole and these look like some kind of cup around a vulc wrap type thing.

Looks like the lace panel doesn't continue under the toe panel which might not be ideal for some people

Daydream

« Reply #15434 on: June 10, 2023, 05:40:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Official pics

[close]
[close]
Sole is different to those pictures on the previous page. The others had stitching the full way around the sole, looked like a classic basketball sole and these look like some kind of cup around a vulc wrap type thing.

Looks like the lace panel doesn't continue under the toe panel which might not be ideal for some people
yup. Difference between an early mock up and final pics. As you mention, lace panel ending might create some weird creases and seams

More here. Heel looks a little narrow too.
https://twitter.com/soleretriever/status/1667566193077518337?s=46&t=Et9MhU4KOlThgFZV4Rmu4Q

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15435 on: June 10, 2023, 05:54:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Official pics

[close]
[close]

[close]
yup. Difference between an early mock up and final pics. As you mention, lace panel ending might create some weird creases and seams

More here. Heel looks a little narrow too.
https://twitter.com/soleretriever/status/1667566193077518337?s=46&t=Et9MhU4KOlThgFZV4Rmu4Q

“First of 7 colorway Leo is getting” is a strange phrase

Daydream

« Reply #15436 on: June 10, 2023, 05:59:45 PM »
First of 7 “different”

Ha yea

“The Leo pro model is getting” would’ve been more suitable

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #15437 on: June 10, 2023, 06:41:30 PM »

Official pics

Jesus Christ, those are horrendous.
Even worse than I expected. Terrible wonky shape, looks like they are make out of cake.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #15438 on: June 10, 2023, 07:10:32 PM »
Heavy Tyshawn lines on those Bakers. If they have a tech midsole ill pick up a pair.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15439 on: June 10, 2023, 07:53:18 PM »
Just noticed the little “Leo”s in the oval behind the swoosh

I do not love these photos at all, but they looked good on foot, so I’m hoping it’s just lost in translation

Daydream

« Reply #15440 on: June 10, 2023, 08:20:22 PM »

I do not love these photos at all, but they looked good on foot, so I’m hoping it’s just lost in translation
also just noticed “react” in the model name. Wondering if that is react foam in the midsole, or some type of react foam insole. I don’t think it’d be a drop-in insole type that takes the place of the midsole.

Daydream

« Reply #15441 on: June 10, 2023, 08:24:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Official pics
[close]

Even worse than I expected. Terrible wonky shape, looks like they are make out of cake.
still working for adidas? Checks out  I kid, I kid.. my daughter watches that cake or not show haha. You’re right.

but yeah the collar looks very pliable, a little form fitting. Not as structured. Which is kind of cool, but may look floppy if not tied properly/all the way up.

It does seem like it could be a vulc wrap midsole construction. At least in the forefoot.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #15442 on: June 10, 2023, 10:26:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Official pics
[close]

[close]
still working for adidas? Checks out  I kid, I kid.. my daughter watches that cake or not show haha. You’re right.

but yeah the collar looks very pliable, a little form fitting. Not as structured. Which is kind of cool, but may look floppy if not tied properly/all the way up.

It does seem like it could be a vulc wrap midsole construction. At least in the forefoot.

Ahahah Adidas ain’t looking much better those days. God bless the classics…

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 16
« Reply #15443 on: June 10, 2023, 11:17:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
also just noticed “react” in the model name. Wondering if that is react foam in the midsole, or some type of react foam insole. I don’t think it’d be a drop-in insole type that takes the place of the midsole.
Sorry to disappoint but it almost definitely is. Also, just out of curiosity cuz I can’t name any in recent history, but what was the last mainline Nike sb shoes with any sort of midsole tech? The prod 8? Anyways, I’m also hoping they bring that kind of tech back.

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 16
« Reply #15444 on: June 10, 2023, 11:22:09 PM »

Nike picked the worst angles of the Leo shoe for that press release. Don’t think the shape looks too bad at all.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15445 on: June 10, 2023, 11:44:25 PM »
I actually didn't mind the stitching the full way around the soles of the Leo's. You could of said it was a remake of a shoe from the 80s that got replaced by the challenge court or Mac attack or something and I'd likely believe it.
The big stitching just on the heel is making me think of lurpivs grub screws
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 12:04:36 AM by Mean salto »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15446 on: June 11, 2023, 12:14:39 AM »

Nike picked the worst angles of the Leo shoe for that press release. Don’t think the shape looks too bad at all.

Oooh Ishod’s 2.  Me likey.   What’s this from

My ideal shoe would be something if like Rick Howard 1 DCs (and other hitters from thatline) had a little Axion influence in them.   It was what I was hoping HUF would have been more like   

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #15447 on: June 11, 2023, 02:42:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Early dunks when they first came out looked even bulkier than ones out now, to be honest. I know the collars had way more padding than the current ones do, especially since they trimmed some padding and used those heel pads to lock your foot in.
Super Champion Fun Zone

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #15448 on: June 11, 2023, 02:50:21 AM »

Not to be "that guy" but he didn't have the Dunk as his "pro model," technically. He did a version/run of Dunks in XYZ colors/slimmer padding with Nike. Then they produced GR Dunks using that same build for a few years and Ishod was the "trial run" to see if that slimmer Dunk would sell. Maybe it's semantics but it's the same example as any other pro that gets their name on a series of colorways of an existing shoe featuring XYZ tech.

They didn't sell that well, if I remember correctly. Saw a lot of dunks from that time on clearance/at outlets.

(My opinion) They're probably some of the worst dunks (colorways were fire) Nike's ever made since they're so uncomfortable. I have a couple pairs (Ishod and non-Ishod colorways) and they're so damn hard to wear.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15449 on: June 11, 2023, 03:15:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not to be "that guy" but he didn't have the Dunk as his "pro model," technically. He did a version/run of Dunks in XYZ colors/slimmer padding with Nike. Then they produced GR Dunks using that same build for a few years and Ishod was the "trial run" to see if that slimmer Dunk would sell. Maybe it's semantics but it's the same example as any other pro that gets their name on a series of colorways of an existing shoe featuring XYZ tech.

They didn't sell that well, if I remember correctly. Saw a lot of dunks from that time on clearance/at outlets.

(My opinion) They're probably some of the worst dunks (colorways were fire) Nike's ever made since they're so uncomfortable. I have a couple pairs (Ishod and non-Ishod colorways) and they're so damn hard to wear.
It's gotta be a Mandela effect because I got a couple pairs and remember it all being sold as ishods pro along with grant getting the blazer and CK getting the court and there also being regular dunks and blazers available at the same time and the shoe wall at a couple shops I went to were even setup like here's the new pro model ones vs the old standard ones. I'll just never bring it up again lol.
Yes I'd agree they were very uncomfortable I had to sell mine because it was straight up war between my Achilles and the collar of the shoe.