Author Topic: Hardcore Thread  (Read 192824 times)

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hardcore Thread
« Reply #1140 on: July 12, 2021, 07:27:01 AM »
Hell yeah, Speed rips

@Freelancevagrant great suggestions as always, especially Ledge, I'm an instant fan!

I just went to my first show back last Thursday, went and saw Fixation, Raw Brigade, Life's Question, End It, and Queensway up in Baltimore. So much fun, I had missed that energy so much. Only got in the mix during End It because A: I love them and B: I'm 32 and very out of shape but holy shit what a good time. Met one of the guitarists from Turnstile and the vocalist from Shackled just hanging out catching the show, they were both super cool.

Hate5six posted a Raw Brigade show in jersey recently… i wanna see ‘em now.

Little powerviolence-y, but solid band out of L.A. i think

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #1141 on: July 12, 2021, 12:58:25 PM »
Hell yeah, Speed rips

@Freelancevagrant great suggestions as always, especially Ledge, I'm an instant fan!

I just went to my first show back last Thursday, went and saw Fixation, Raw Brigade, Life's Question, End It, and Queensway up in Baltimore. So much fun, I had missed that energy so much. Only got in the mix during End It because A: I love them and B: I'm 32 and very out of shape but holy shit what a good time. Met one of the guitarists from Turnstile and the vocalist from Shackled just hanging out catching the show, they were both super cool.

That show looked sick, probably was a great vibe. Absolutely stacked lineup, I’m dying to see Life’s Question, one of my favorite hardcore bands rn, also a massive Queensway fan.

Expand Quote
Hell yeah, Speed rips

[close]

RJC is the shit, one of the best records this year for sure! I’m kinda partial to Ian Shelton’s other project tho, Militarie Gun, thought their EP this year was stellar.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #1142 on: July 12, 2021, 08:02:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Hell yeah, Speed rips

[close]

That show looked sick, probably was a great vibe. Absolutely stacked lineup, I’m dying to see Life’s Question, one of my favorite hardcore bands rn, also a massive Queensway fan.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hell yeah, Speed rips

[close]

[close]

RJC is the shit, one of the best records this year for sure! I’m kinda partial to Ian Shelton’s other project tho, Militarie Gun, thought their EP this year was stellar.

Life's Question was tight, went and bought a hat right after their set and I've worn it every day since lol. I always mix up Militarie Gun and Slow Fire Pistol in my head because I'm dumb. RJC is sick though.

@whitemanjazz next time Raw Brigade is anywhere near you definitely go see them. They're so good live. Plus the singer was moshing for every other band on the bill.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1143 on: July 13, 2021, 06:30:24 PM »
This what I’ve been listening jamming for a day straight since revisiting them after 8+ years. In my honest opinion, the best German hardcore band of all time.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Prinzy

« Reply #1144 on: July 13, 2021, 07:33:35 PM »
This what I’ve been listening jamming for a day straight since revisiting them after 8+ years. In my honest opinion, the best German hardcore band of all time.

Coincidentally I have also been jamming this for the past day...I wonder why

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1145 on: July 13, 2021, 07:35:56 PM »
I’ll be honest, I was waiting for you to post it but I couldn’t hold it in any longer hahah

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #1146 on: July 14, 2021, 06:12:11 PM »
Not necessarily a hardcore song but Turnstile is making me cry again dammit. Played a show last night for the first time in over a year and this video made me really nostalgic
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #1147 on: July 14, 2021, 11:15:48 PM »
@Prinzy Ten High ep been bumping on my bike commutes to and from work, thanks for that!

Anybody listen to Soul Glo? Some really good stuff

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1148 on: July 15, 2021, 01:42:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hell yeah, Speed rips

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hell yeah, Speed rips

[close]

[close]

[close]

Life's Question was tight, went and bought a hat right after their set and I've worn it every day since lol. I always mix up Militarie Gun and Slow Fire Pistol in my head because I'm dumb. RJC is sick though.

@whitemanjazz next time Raw Brigade is anywhere near you definitely go see them. They're so good live. Plus the singer was moshing for every other band on the bill.

Right on ! I’ll have to check out Sheltons other band…. I really enjoy abrasive vocals. Reminds me a little of Rorschach

@InternetDaddy for sure! Hope some hardcore bands head this way (Houston). Gwar, Eyehategod, And Napalm Death are coming in November. Ear drum destroyers lmao

Grind King Rims

« Reply #1149 on: July 15, 2021, 02:56:39 PM »
love seeing some weekend nachos praise

i recall posting the slug demo a few weeks back, but wanted to share some more of the sick ohio bands that delayed gratification records is putting on. they've got a showcase happening at the end of july with all the aforementioned bands, im too hyped to make the trip up to cleveland and throw down.

Only other bands from Ohio I really know are Integrity and Cruelster
https://cruelster.bandcamp.com/

Prinzy

« Reply #1150 on: July 15, 2021, 08:42:58 PM »
Not necessarily a hardcore song but Turnstile is making me cry again dammit. Played a show last night for the first time in over a year and this video made me really nostalgic

Yo i fucking loved this new track. Stoked to see Turnstile really pushing the boundaries of hardcore without coming off contrived or "sell out" like. Those dudes can never disappoint me, super dope to be a young dude and that be THE fucking band rn.

@Prinzy Ten High ep been bumping on my bike commutes to and from work, thanks for that!

Anybody listen to Soul Glo? Some really good stuff

YOOO stoked to hear that, I really fuck with that Ten High tape, those first two tracks make me wanna tear down dry wall with my bear hands. And I havent checked out this new release but enjoyed Songs To Yeet At The Sun (especially since the title inspiration is one of my fav hardcore records ever)

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hell yeah, Speed rips

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hell yeah, Speed rips

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Right on ! I’ll have to check out Sheltons other band…. I really enjoy abrasive vocals. Reminds me a little of Rorschach

@InternetDaddy for sure! Hope some hardcore bands head this way (Houston). Gwar, Eyehategod, And Napalm Death are coming in November. Ear drum destroyers lmao

Yes dude! Lmk if you fuck with Militarie Gun! They're more in the realm of Drug Church/Gouge Away sound, so not strictly hardcore, but I am down with it heavy. And good drop, fucking Rorscach guitar tones are unbeatable.

Also just shoutout this thread. Slap is obvi about skating, but this thread gets me so psyched when i see new posts.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1151 on: July 16, 2021, 03:53:40 AM »
This thread is by far one of my favorites and I love seeing all you rad people posting such great music. I want to join in on the fun talking about Ohio bands! I think talking about regional differences within hardcore is so rad, shouts to all my Ohio homies!

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1152 on: July 16, 2021, 05:26:25 AM »
Super sick Apartment 213 track

Can’t forget Ringworm! Cleveland legends along with Integrity. The Human Furnace is a real friendly dude too. Got to see them in 2018 at this real small joint. They were probably sick of me flailing like a damn goon all night, but it’s ringworm, man lmao

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1153 on: July 16, 2021, 06:33:36 AM »

Can’t forget Ringworm! Cleveland legends along with Integrity. The Human Furnace is a real friendly dude too. Got to see them in 2018 at this real small joint. They were probably sick of me flailing like a damn goon all night, but it’s ringworm, man lmao

Ringworm is fucking incredible. Just absolutely crushing and every bit as important as integrity. I had a really similar experience seeing them around 2011 I think. It was one of the shows I will never forget. Between going ballistic for damn near an hour straight, but also seeing them in a small venue playing on the floor; Jesus Christ it was insane.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1154 on: July 16, 2021, 09:39:24 AM »

Edit, another Ohio favorite:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 09:47:41 AM by FrozenIndustries »

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1155 on: July 16, 2021, 01:47:37 PM »

I am sorry for spamming this thread lately and will back of, I’m just bored at work and this is one of my favorite things to talk about.

Holy shit, I forgot how good vile gash was!

Back in the mid 90’s Dennis (singer of vile gash), was in an incredible screamo band called three studies for a crucifixion. Here is a split they did with Harriet the spy, who were also from Ohio and also incredible. I haven’t  thought about either of these band since like 2015 haha I remember picking this split up at headline records years ago

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1156 on: July 16, 2021, 01:52:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I am sorry for spamming this thread lately and will back of, I’m just bored at work and this is one of my favorite things to talk about.

Holy shit, I forgot how good vile gash was!

Back in the mid 90’s Dennis (singer of vile gash), was in an incredible screamo band called three studies for a crucifixion. Here is a split they did with Harriet the spy, who were also from Ohio and also incredible. I haven’t  thought about either of these band since like 2015 haha I remember picking this split up at headline records years ago

VG are sick. Not to be a nerd, but Dennis is the drummer. Andy is the vocalist. Also I forgot about Harriet the Spy. Ohio is tight.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1157 on: July 16, 2021, 02:11:00 PM »
@FrozenIndustries
Dude, thank you! I don’t know how fucked that one up. I’m a knucklehead and I’m sorry.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1158 on: July 16, 2021, 02:36:26 PM »
@FrozenIndustries
Dude, thank you! I don’t know how fucked that one up. I’m a knucklehead and I’m sorry.

No way, that's a very rad piece of trivia. I like the bleed over from screamo to some of the weirder 2000s HC.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1159 on: July 17, 2021, 12:46:52 AM »
Man… i been on slap for like 14 years this one of my fav threads lmao cheers y’all

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 99
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #1160 on: July 17, 2021, 06:56:31 AM »
Some of my favorite current Ohio hardcore bands
Wallcreeper
Persistent Aggressor
TV drugs
Body Farm
Slut Bomb
Night Goat
Last Gasp
Perverts Again
Cocteau Twins

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #1161 on: July 17, 2021, 06:57:34 AM »
Cocteau Twins

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1162 on: July 17, 2021, 08:10:05 AM »
https://facebook.com/events/s/tv-drugs-body-farm-primitive-i/315321786813386/
This show is going to rule

Does now that's class still have the ramps? Played a show there like summer 2017 and the ramps were closed and being worked on.

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #1163 on: July 17, 2021, 06:03:21 PM »
Last time I was there they didn't sadly
Cocteau Twins

MeowPlease

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1164 on: July 18, 2021, 09:30:01 AM »
Favorite OH hardcore band and top song generally
https://www.youtube.com/embed/vmKbeZnECkE
VANILLA POPPERS when they were active and the whole Enjoy Cleveland collection especially CRUELSTER and BAD NOIDS of course!
https://www.youtube.com/embed/B6YGymKlPf8
Also I put out this comp of current PGH hardcore
https://www.youtube.com/embed/acSfrvbKGEc
big fan of VILE GASH and the singer Andy as a person he plays in REPOS now who are nothing short of incredible

animalflesh

« Reply #1165 on: July 19, 2021, 03:45:40 PM »

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1166 on: July 21, 2021, 06:09:04 AM »
@InternetDaddy

Hate5six uploaded the Raw Brigade Baltimore show

animalflesh

« Reply #1167 on: July 21, 2021, 12:38:14 PM »
Oh shit u guys were already talking about them lol

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #1168 on: July 21, 2021, 12:42:55 PM »
baltimore show was sick.  haven't been to an ottobar show that crowded since way before pandemic started
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #1169 on: July 21, 2021, 01:35:37 PM »
It makes me happy inside to see the HC thread at the top of the Music section every time I come here
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”