12 (10.4%)
Pretty intelligible
22 (19.1%)
What???
37 (32.2%)
Corey Duffel
44 (38.3%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Author Topic: How stupid is the average slapper?  (Read 32836 times)

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: How stupid is the average slapper?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 01:17:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In all seriousness though I am curious about what pals have a college degree and what the degree is in?
[close]

I have a bachelor's degree in nursing and and plan to continue my studies to become a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist).

EDIT:  I believe Rocuronium is a pediatrician.
[close]
Wife is about to get her MSN. Nursing is no joke. Digging impacted feces for 24 bucks an hour.

I know queens on SMB who will do that shit for free.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 01:17:31 PM »
June 1999.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »
June 1999.

Michael Housers' son was my roommate until I transferred to GSU. Athens is fun and all but I dont really like the whole crunchy heady frat boy combo thing its got going on.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 01:25:17 PM »
I also think the negative/positive rep feature here is hilariously fascist.

Skateboarders like to consider (read: pretend) themselves so 'outsider' and 'individual', so it's a wonder to me there's a system in place here that encourages and celebrates group think and castigation for those who oppose. If you don't think like me you're wrong!!

Slapocrites.com

Jackburton

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 01:27:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There are a lot of good people here, but the majority here are numbnutted assholes and a great representation of skateboarders on the whole.

I get a kick out of two distinct groups...the lemmings and the cool guys. Lemmings will generally 'back' anything that a worthless asshole like Jason Dill puts out. If a certain pro's name is attached, it's backed. Even though said pro is a pile of garbage. Sheep.

The cool guys will usually chime in with something completely off topic, irrelevant and/or nonsensical whenever the conversation gets too heavy about the business side of skateboarding. As if to remind everyone how lame they are for talking about the $$$ side of skateboarding. They generally hate Nike, Adidas, Converse, etc...when their 'core' brands are doing the exact same thing - in principle - as the evil empires. Then, they wonder why skateboarders get taken advantage of in big business. It's for that exact reason...because their feeble little minds can't understand that even their biggest heroes are making money from skateboarding. They can barely manage their own checking account so they can't possibly feel comfortable talking about the role of money in skateboarding.
[close]
so what is your degree in?
[close]

Psychology from Columbia University. I work with at risk youth in Philly.
[close]

That's rad! I have a sociology degree from the University of Maryland. I'm about to start a job as a case manager at a transitional housing program.
[close]

I'm a year out from a psych degree at the University of Missouri at Kansas City.  I want to do art therapy for people with PTSD.  Apparently I'd be better off going for a Master's, but I think I might find a job first and then look at getting my Master's of Social Work in a year or two.
[close]

From what I've been told by friends that have MSW's (and graduate degrees in general), it is a good idea to work for a few years before going back to school. It makes sense. You gain experience and knowledge that people who go straight for their Master's don't get.

If you have the means get it asap.  It's easier when you're younger and already used to writing papers and doing coursework.  You might doubt yourself during the first semester, but just do it.  Believe me when you graduate again you won't regret it.  I guess Im the type of person who if I put something off it never really gets finished.  I could see going back to school as something to change your life up again and like someone said, you will have made contacts and have experience.  I still say if you can swing it financially then just get it sooner than later.  Don't even take the semester off, just go back at it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:36:22 PM by Jackburton »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 01:28:13 PM »
I'm goddamn mensa, but then I'm not yer average slapper. *wink, wink...makes blowjob sign with tongue...runs toward chair and then jumps on it and knocks it back while riding it and has arms stretched out to both sides with fingers extended...then pretends to fall down in a heap and starts to roll towards stage left, locking eyes with everyone in the audience...next, jumps straight up and yells, "WOW!"...upon landing shoots hands straight out to the sides, brings them forward with a loud clap, sticks hips out to the right, purses lips...finally a jazzy cymbal beat (tssssss-ts-ts-tsssssss-ts-ts-tttsssss) gets me movin' and exit stage right...CURTAIN!*
Ditto

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2013, 01:30:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm goddamn mensa, but then I'm not yer average slapper. *wink, wink...makes blowjob sign with tongue...runs toward chair and then jumps on it and knocks it back while riding it and has arms stretched out to both sides with fingers extended...then pretends to fall down in a heap and starts to roll towards stage left, locking eyes with everyone in the audience...next, jumps straight up and yells, "WOW!"...upon landing shoots hands straight out to the sides, brings them forward with a loud clap, sticks hips out to the right, purses lips...finally a jazzy cymbal beat (tssssss-ts-ts-tsssssss-ts-ts-tttsssss) gets me movin' and exit stage right...CURTAIN!*
[close]

You are going to have to dumb that down a little for us blithering idiots, how's this...

[close]

OMGTHATSME!!!
Gay, You're Louie Spence? Figures. Good work Seamus

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2013, 01:33:04 PM »
Expand Quote
June 1999.
[close]

Michael Housers' son was my roommate until I transferred to GSU. Athens is fun and all but I dont really like the whole crunchy heady frat boy combo thing its got going on.
I was never a part of that scene nor was I considered a townie.  Most of my friends were in art school or musicians in local bands or djing at the radio station or just into weird stuff like starting a pirate radio station or whatever.  Square pegs in round holes.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2013, 01:37:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
June 1999.
[close]

[close]
I was never a part of that scene nor was I considered a townie.  Most of my friends were in art school or musicians in local bands or djing at the radio station or just into weird stuff like starting a pirate radio station or whatever.  Square pegs in round holes.

Well you got lucky then cause after being there for two years I about wanted to jump off the top of the GA theatre.

dillanharp

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 01:42:49 PM »
How clever am I? I'm a motherfucking fox, you hear me? A FOX.

Seriously, the poll says "clever."

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2013, 01:48:06 PM »
I also think the negative/positive rep feature here is hilariously fascist.

Skateboarders like to consider (read: pretend) themselves so 'outsider' and 'individual', so it's a wonder to me there's a system in place here that encourages and celebrates group think and castigation for those who oppose. If you don't think like me you're wrong!!

Slapocrites.com

I know right? It's almost like skateboarders are human after all.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2013, 02:02:22 PM »
since were proving our actual smartness i have a bachelors of fine arts in graphic design. i work in marketing at a university.
i like to act like im smarter than i am.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »
I like to pretend I'm dumber.  It's like showing up at a spot and dudes are looking all serious about skateboarding and I intentionally push mongo and mob tricks/look sketch on purpose.  Then when I know they're ignoring me and I've warmed up I'll actually start doing stuff.

This shit ain't a fucking pop quiz and neither is skateboarding.  I don't like feeling like I am a performer and I don't expect everything that comes out of me to be sprinkled with genius or anything remotely resembling that.  Fuck that shit.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2013, 02:34:40 PM »
I like to pretend I'm dumber.  It's like showing up at a spot and dudes are looking all serious about skateboarding and I intentionally push mongo and mob tricks/look sketch on purpose.  Then when I know they're ignoring me and I've warmed up I'll actually start doing stuff.

This shit ain't a fucking pop quiz and neither is skateboarding.  I don't like feeling like I am a performer and I don't expect everything that comes out of me to be sprinkled with genius or anything remotely resembling that.  Fuck that shit.

Therein lies your genius.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2013, 02:53:49 PM »
i just gradiated from collage

Sandy Eggo

• Rep: 31
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2013, 03:27:24 PM »
i just gradiated from collage
did ya getcha one of dem dicklomas I be hearin bout?

foureyedjim

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 03:37:25 PM »
I can get A's in most of my Uni Biology classes but when it comes to discussing more abstract stuff I'm kind of an idiot.  I've been in the US for quite a while but sometimes I still feel regular when I try to explain things

alka-seltzer

• Rep: -6
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You are going to have to dumb that down a little for us blithering idiots, how's this...

[close]

OMGTHATSME!!!

i come hear to laugh! THIS made my day. THIS SHOULD BE PASTED ON THE FORUM FEEDER THIS WEEK!
Dill discovered the fountain of puberty.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2013, 03:55:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
June 1999.
[close]

[close]
[close]

Well you got lucky then cause after being there for two years I about wanted to jump off the top of the GA theatre.
I'm sorry they got to you.  I used to deliver pizza for a downtown italian eatery and I used to slow down to let those drunken frat boys cross the street when I was trying to get out of downtown to deliver.  Each time they would take their sweet time and piss me off in the process.  Since I drove stick, I learned that the best way to deal with them was to continue careening toward them in neutral and revving my engine like I was going to plow them down.  Fuckers would run each time.  I learned to apply this to everything that would bother me about them.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2013, 04:16:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
June 1999.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I'm sorry they got to you.  I used to deliver pizza for a downtown italian eatery and I used to slow down to let those drunken frat boys cross the street when I was trying to get out of downtown to deliver.  Each time they would take their sweet time and piss me off in the process.  Since I drove stick, I learned that the best way to deal with them was to continue careening toward them in neutral and revving my engine like I was going to plow them down.  Fuckers would run each time.  I learned to apply this to everything that would bother me about them.

What would probably throw you for a loop these days is the new breed of frat boy. The druggie jam band loving frat boy. They like to talk about crystals, fractals, and also drink and haze. Nowhere Bar is full of those types. I can only explain to so many people why I don't worship Phish like everyone else in Athens.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2013, 04:23:41 PM »
More power to you guys for living out there. I've considered transferring, but I hate that small college town vibe.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2013, 04:25:04 PM »
the streets are also incredibly shitty to roll on..in a car or on a board

Pearl

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2013, 04:42:12 PM »

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In all seriousness though I am curious about what pals have a college degree and what the degree is in?
[close]

I have a bachelor's degree in nursing and and plan to continue my studies to become a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist).

EDIT:  I believe Rocuronium is a pediatrician.
[close]
Wife is about to get her MSN. Nursing is no joke. Digging impacted feces for 24 bucks an hour.

I get paid more than that, but I work nights in a Level 1 trauma hospital.  Never had to deal with fecal impactions, but I've seen some crazy shit (I work in a neuro trauma unit).  I can also insert a catheter in with the swiftness.  Haha

Where do you guys live?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:02:47 PM by Dark Knight »

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2013, 05:04:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

EDIT:  I believe Rocuronium is a pediatrician.
[close]
[close]

I get paid more than that, but I work nights in a Level 1 trauma hospital.  Never had to deal with fecal impactions, but I've seen some crazy shit (I work in a neuro trauma unit).  I can also insert a catheter in with the swiftness.  Haha

Where do you guys live?

Even on an obese woman? Just fucking around..not gunna Play into the nurse beef.

Edit-Ohio
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:41:30 PM by paraquat »

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2013, 05:39:10 PM »
Generally I am a fucking idiot but if you catch me in the 2 minutes post-coitus I could explain quantum mechanics if I had to.

Pillow talk with you must be an amazing learning experience.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pretty fucking stupid.� I mean look at this jackass who thinks Spitfire and Bones are deck companies:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you've been lapping it up for ten years so
[close]

Have you skated their wheels? Probably not more than once.

[close]

You shouldn't be skating board companies wheels in the first place.
[close]

Like Spitfire (Deluxe) and Bones (Powell)?

You shouldn't be missing the point entirely, but hey, I can't help you being a fucktard.
[close]
[close]

Yep, you missed 90% of the context there (which wasn't quoted) and still completely missed my point.

[close]

Feel free to explain the context.  You'd actually be hitting two birds with one stone.  You'd be getting your explanation out and further showing the stupidity of the average slapper.  According to your quote you also imply that you think DLX is a board company.

Well, you can read the context from, well the context! I was saying Deluxe makes wheels, boards and trucks. Similarly, Crailtap makes boards, wheels, trucks and shoes.

Fuck it. I think I'm turning into the Duff man.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

LESBIAN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2013, 06:23:42 PM »
i think we are all very smart

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2013, 07:46:59 PM »
i am the smaRTesT. and gipper isnt very smart, he is just relatively knowledgeable. that is, relative to the regular kids he talks down to.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2013, 08:13:16 PM »
Rather than claiming how smart we are, shouldn't we be judging how smart we think other posters are instead? 69 is probably the smartest poster.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?