Author Topic: Are religious pros lame?  (Read 33172 times)

Frank and Fred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
Re: Are religious pros lame?
« Reply #390 on: June 19, 2023, 03:38:39 PM »
Only if they are Muslim.

Let's unpack your bigotry a little. Name some Muslim pros and explain how lame they are. Jordan Richter is a given. So please name some more.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -175
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #391 on: June 19, 2023, 04:09:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You yanks take on being non religious like it’s a religion. Stop acting like psychopaths. I gotta say though legal abortions are handy so I kinda get where you’re coming from. Shame you psychos have all the nukes and guns. Can you all just chill out?
[close]

Yeah it's definitely only Americans who take issue with religious zealots and speak up about it.
[close]

Should have spoken a little louder when roe v wade was on the table big enlightened SF guy. The difference is you’re all evangelicals, whether it be religious zealotry or politically correct zealotry or capitalist zealotry or constitutional zealotry. It would be chill but you’re the only country to have ever dropped a nuke and you have all these military bases around the world and make all the guns. So again, chill out with all your nondenominational evangelical embrace of literally any idea. It’s a puritanical mode of learning you just gotta give up. Good luck.
[close]

What the fuck are you talking about you kook?
[close]

I think he's trying to say that Americans take things too far, which is certainly true, but "evangelical" has a meaning and it's not a synonym for "zealot", and while America has a massive population of evangelicals, it's also true that evangelicalism is basically the only growing form of Christianity worldwide. Literally I am just guessing here because those paragraphs are gibberish.

Actually if you look up the definition of evangelical they use the word zealous in the definition. I don’t judge. You went to school in America.

Benevenstanciano

« Reply #392 on: June 19, 2023, 04:11:28 PM »
Only if they are Muslim.

Carpet company is one of the best out right now and both owners are fairly devote. You may not agree but you should at least respect those who dedicate themselves.

switchfakie

« Reply #393 on: June 19, 2023, 04:11:35 PM »
Only if they are Muslim.

you wackass bigot

HeapsCool

« Reply #394 on: June 19, 2023, 04:51:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You yanks take on being non religious like it’s a religion. Stop acting like psychopaths. I gotta say though legal abortions are handy so I kinda get where you’re coming from. Shame you psychos have all the nukes and guns. Can you all just chill out?
[close]

Yeah it's definitely only Americans who take issue with religious zealots and speak up about it.
[close]

Should have spoken a little louder when roe v wade was on the table big enlightened SF guy. The difference is you’re all evangelicals, whether it be religious zealotry or politically correct zealotry or capitalist zealotry or constitutional zealotry. It would be chill but you’re the only country to have ever dropped a nuke and you have all these military bases around the world and make all the guns. So again, chill out with all your nondenominational evangelical embrace of literally any idea. It’s a puritanical mode of learning you just gotta give up. Good luck.
[close]

[close]

I think he's trying to say that Americans take things too far, which is certainly true, but "evangelical" has a meaning and it's not a synonym for "zealot", and while America has a massive population of evangelicals, it's also true that evangelicalism is basically the only growing form of Christianity worldwide. Literally I am just guessing here because those paragraphs are gibberish.
[close]

Thank you for the help.

People that paint with a brush as broad as an entire country are closed-minded assholes and can fuck right off. Not saying America is not a complete disaster, but save your xenophobic population bashing for someone who doesn't think you're insane.

Save your outraged smokescreen for someone who lacks the ability of critical thought.

You call it xenophobic population bashing. So be it. But when is your population going to stop drone strikes on Pakistani kids? When will your population stop supporting apartheid in Palestine?

Religious pros are lame but America is just one big religious pro. You should all strive to break up the USA. Afghanistan, Iraq, Korea, Vietnam. All wars you have started and lost due to the zealotry of your exceptionalism. You’re too big and too stupid to hold that much power. Please be aware of this and fuck off.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #395 on: June 19, 2023, 04:57:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thank you for the help.

People that paint with a brush as broad as an entire country are closed-minded assholes and can fuck right off. Not saying America is not a complete disaster, but save your xenophobic population bashing for someone who doesn't think you're insane.
[close]

Save your outraged smokescreen for someone who lacks the ability of critical thought.

You call it xenophobic population bashing. So be it. But when is your population going to stop drone strikes on Pakistani kids? When will your population stop supporting apartheid in Palestine?

Religious pros are lame but America is just one big religious pro. You should all strive to break up the USA. Afghanistan, Iraq, Korea, Vietnam. All wars you have started and lost due to the zealotry of your exceptionalism. You’re too big and too stupid to hold that much power. Please be aware of this and fuck off.

Dawg you're repeatedly equating a couple of dudes on a skateboarding message board to the entire population of a massive country. You're definitely the stupid one here.

P.S. not American so you can fly that one right on past me.

HeapsCool

« Reply #396 on: June 19, 2023, 05:01:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thank you for the help.

[close]

[close]

Dawg you're repeatedly equating a couple of dudes on a skateboarding message board to the entire population of a massive country. You're definitely the stupid one here.

P.S. not American so you can fly that one right on past me.

Actually I’m talking about the actions of a democratically elected government and the religious modes of thought that allows this.

noselid

• Rep: -40
« Reply #397 on: June 19, 2023, 05:09:06 PM »
i fuckin love being american, look at the insanity we cause in peoples minds

HeapsCool

« Reply #398 on: June 19, 2023, 05:09:56 PM »
i fuckin love being american, look at the insanity we cause in peoples minds

Lol like PTSD in Iraqi 11 year olds lol

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #399 on: June 19, 2023, 05:18:16 PM »
You Australian Heaps Cool?

Those that live in glass houses and all that...

Let's stop with the massive generalizations and use our brains to judge individuals by their words and actions instead of  the government they pay taxes to. I presume you do not want to be held personally accountable for aboriginal genocide?

HeapsCool

« Reply #400 on: June 19, 2023, 05:21:01 PM »
You Australian Heaps Cool?

Those that live in glass houses and all that...

Let's stop with the massive generalizations and use our brains to judge individuals by their words and actions instead of  the government they pay taxes to. I presume you do not want to be held personally accountable for aboriginal genocide?

Yes I do want to be held accountable and should be. Australia is a backwards sinkhole of white bread conservatism and needs to face up to our actions in the past. Stop shirking responsibilities of your atrocities around the world and face up to the uncomfortable reality.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #401 on: June 19, 2023, 05:23:28 PM »
I do my best. I work with vulnerable/ marginalized populations daily. Just got two young Black American women housed last week. Not that I see that as my individual penance for my counties (UK and USA) history. I don't align myself that way. Privilege should be examined yes, but citizenship does not influence how I act.

And you? What do you do to make up for your country's atrocities?

HeapsCool

« Reply #402 on: June 19, 2023, 05:26:27 PM »
I do my best. I work with vulnerable/ marginalized populations daily. Just got two young Black American women housed last week.

And you? What do you do to make up for your country's atrocities?

I don’t bring up issues relating to indigenous populations when we’re talking about religion as a kind of gotcha in the face of criticism.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: June 19, 2023, 05:28:58 PM »
You probably should.

HeapsCool

« Reply #404 on: June 19, 2023, 05:39:12 PM »
If you’re not going to hold to account the citizens of a country who has acted terribly due to a culture of a religious/capitalist exceptionalism, where the fuck am I meant to turn? More power to you for doing positive things but your government is made of your citizens right? Your government is voted on by your citizens.

HeapsCool

« Reply #405 on: June 19, 2023, 05:40:53 PM »
In summation, religious pros do indeed suck and are emblematic of wider problems in society.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #406 on: June 19, 2023, 06:25:33 PM »
Expand Quote
If you’re not going to hold to account the citizens of a country who has acted terribly due to a culture of a religious/capitalist exceptionalism, where the fuck am I meant to turn? More power to you for doing positive things but your government is made of your citizens right? Your government is voted on by your citizens.
[close]
Not really. US has the electoral college and the House of Representatives. A person who lives in say California will vote but their vote will be worth less than a person living in a state like Iowa or Wyoming. I don’t know the specifics exactly but It’s a fucked system.

Not to mention all that gerrymandering and voter suppression.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

manysnakes

« Reply #407 on: June 19, 2023, 06:32:27 PM »
Imagine sitting in Australia and talking like this. It’s a global system which benefits everyone in “the west” and if you’re in a settler colonial country the odds are basically certain that you’re a direct beneficiary of American violence.

HeapsCool

« Reply #408 on: June 19, 2023, 06:46:13 PM »
Imagine sitting in Australia and talking like this. It’s a global system which benefits everyone in “the west” and if you’re in a settler colonial country the odds are basically certain that you’re a direct beneficiary of American violence.

Beneficiary? Enslaved more like.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/23/gough-whitlam-1975-coup-ended-australian-independence

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #409 on: June 19, 2023, 06:51:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Not really. US has the electoral college and the House of Representatives. A person who lives in say California will vote but their vote will be worth less than a person living in a state like Iowa or Wyoming. I don’t know the specifics exactly but It’s a fucked system.
[close]

Nah nah, it's all up to us as individuals to atone for the crimes committed by the government.

@HeapsCool i share your criticisms of the US's imperialism, and I also think that the evangelical values that are sewn into its fabric (as well as America's collective subconscious) have a bit to do with the global violence its comitted. However, what do you expect SLAP posters to do about righting systemic wrongs? You want @Frank and Fred to snap his fingers and fix it? You're taking pot shots at the wrong people lol.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #410 on: June 19, 2023, 06:53:26 PM »

That's a nice theory but I doubt even you believe that.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #411 on: June 19, 2023, 06:54:14 PM »
The function of religion isn’t having true beliefs but being at home in the world.

If someone’s got that, they’re a lot better off than us homeless fools deluded by ideas and devoted to a phantom self

Banned from the room

« Reply #412 on: June 19, 2023, 06:56:40 PM »
I like change my statement.

It depends on the head space. I have friends that went balls deep into religion and become like better from it.

Then there's people I know who just got crazier. Capt Kirk shit

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #413 on: June 19, 2023, 06:57:43 PM »
The function of religion isn’t having true beliefs but being at home in the world.

If someone’s got that, they’re a lot better off than us homeless fools deluded by ideas and devoted to a phantom self

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

HeapsCool

« Reply #414 on: June 19, 2023, 07:13:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Nah nah, it's all up to us as individuals to atone for the crimes committed by the government.

@HeapsCool i share your criticisms of the US's imperialism, and I also think that the evangelical values that are sewn into its fabric (as well as America's collective subconscious) have a bit to do with the global violence its comitted. However, what do you expect SLAP posters to do about righting systemic wrongs? You want @Frank and Fred to snap his fingers and fix it? You're taking pot shots at the wrong people lol.

No change is a gradual process of new ideas and discussions. Snap of the fingers is a Hollywoodisation of a more complex process - another issue with the mythologizing nature of American evangelical thought processes I won't get into here. My arguments are a little hyperbolic for sure but I'm not going to be called a kook and insane (I'm referring to GAY's characterisation of me here) when I'm right.

HeapsCool

« Reply #415 on: June 19, 2023, 07:18:48 PM »
If you really want to place blame on anyone person’s contribution to all of the religious far right craziness you’d not have to look much farther then the owner of Fox News propaganda, an Australian guy name Rupert Murdoch.

Yes a bastard for sure but also representative of how Australians are more aware of American culture than Americans.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #416 on: June 19, 2023, 07:25:43 PM »
In @GAY 's defense, you went off on a tirade claiming all Americans subscribe to some form of zealotry and blaming him for not speaking up loud enough to defend roe v wade. That's pretty crazy.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #417 on: June 19, 2023, 07:30:46 PM »
Expand Quote
If you really want to place blame on anyone person’s contribution to all of the religious far right craziness you’d not have to look much farther then the owner of Fox News propaganda, an Australian guy name Rupert Murdoch.
[close]

Yes a bastard for sure but also representative of how Australians are more aware of American culture than Americans.

You might have some good points here and there but you bury them with more and more outlandish generalizations and sweeping statements.

HeapsCool

« Reply #418 on: June 19, 2023, 07:42:45 PM »
In @GAY 's defense, you went off on a tirade claiming all Americans subscribe to some form of zealotry and blaming him for not speaking up loud enough to defend roe v wade. That's pretty crazy.

I think it’s a  fair, succinct and literarily interesting take on world events.

Bill Salt

« Reply #419 on: June 20, 2023, 02:10:27 AM »
Not if they're from chruch of skatan