Author Topic: Are religious pros lame?  (Read 33166 times)

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3385
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Are religious pros lame?
« Reply #360 on: April 27, 2023, 09:01:24 AM »
anyone who says yes will roast in hell

I'm so far ahead of the curve on this one bruh.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #361 on: April 27, 2023, 11:33:11 AM »
As long as you don't try to convert me I really don't care anything

Also I wouldn't buy anything skate related mixed with religion, never had either

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #362 on: April 27, 2023, 04:33:24 PM »
I wonder if religious skaters pray stuff like, "Lord, please give me a higher ollie today," or, "Father, is there going to be any halfpipes in heaven?" or, "Heavenly father, is it wrong to do a gay twist?"

Heshrat

• Rep: -11
« Reply #363 on: April 27, 2023, 04:54:48 PM »
Praise Jah
I did your mom

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 52
« Reply #364 on: May 03, 2023, 08:04:36 AM »
Rodney is a christian so no.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 100
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #365 on: May 03, 2023, 08:54:53 AM »
Yes
Cocteau Twins

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #366 on: May 03, 2023, 09:58:36 AM »
He also likes to punch himself in the head when pressured, and always seems on the verge of crying in interviews as well. Shredder no doubt though haha.

adam22savage

• Rep: -45
« Reply #367 on: May 03, 2023, 03:50:26 PM »
Jordan Richter is cool. still don't wanna watch his parts.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #368 on: May 03, 2023, 11:59:37 PM »
Jordan Richter is cool. still don't wanna watch his parts.
Um… that’s gonna be a big NO from me, dawg.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 52
« Reply #369 on: May 04, 2023, 12:50:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He also likes to punch himself in the head when pressured, and always seems on the verge of crying in interviews as well. Shredder no doubt though haha.

He has an overwhelming love for skateboarding and recognises that it is something special, which is nothing but commendable. Nothing but love for him considering everything he's done for us.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 67
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #370 on: May 04, 2023, 05:13:39 AM »
I wonder if religious skaters pray stuff like, "Lord, please give me a higher ollie today," or, "Father, is there going to be any halfpipes in heaven?" or, "Heavenly father, is it wrong to do a gay twist?"

It’s not wrong to do a gay twist but sure as hell isn’t right either. If you make it in, I’d politely ask you to leave, regardless.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -175
« Reply #371 on: May 04, 2023, 05:41:18 AM »
You yanks take on being non religious like it’s a religion. Stop acting like psychopaths. I gotta say though legal abortions are handy so I kinda get where you’re coming from. Shame you psychos have all the nukes and guns. Can you all just chill out?

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #372 on: May 04, 2023, 05:53:41 AM »
I was curious if anyone knew if Salman is still a Christian? I watched his nine club which was one of the best ones I've seen, and he seemed to make reference to his past with skate Church camps and whatnot, but I'm wondering if today he still believes.

Banned from the room

« Reply #373 on: May 04, 2023, 08:06:39 AM »
Religious people don't usually understand their own shit.

"I'm going to the great class reunion in the sky. Be with lost loved ones!"

Nah fool. You getting a glorified body. Gonna sit at the feet of God like a fucking house cat for all eternity.

Read your Bible lol.

NGNM

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #374 on: May 04, 2023, 08:28:03 AM »
I was curious if anyone knew if Salman is still a Christian? I watched his nine club which was one of the best ones I've seen, and he seemed to make reference to his past with skate Church camps and whatnot, but I'm wondering if today he still believes.
He’s currently got a pro model w/ Powell, so that leads me to believe he is still a man of some sort of faith.
Whether or not he’s a “man of god” is another matter.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #375 on: May 04, 2023, 09:10:25 AM »
You yanks take on being non religious like it’s a religion. Stop acting like psychopaths. I gotta say though legal abortions are handy so I kinda get where you’re coming from. Shame you psychos have all the nukes and guns. Can you all just chill out?

Yeah it's definitely only Americans who take issue with religious zealots and speak up about it.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -175
« Reply #376 on: May 04, 2023, 12:49:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah it's definitely only Americans who take issue with religious zealots and speak up about it.

Should have spoken a little louder when roe v wade was on the table big enlightened SF guy. The difference is you’re all evangelicals, whether it be religious zealotry or politically correct zealotry or capitalist zealotry or constitutional zealotry. It would be chill but you’re the only country to have ever dropped a nuke and you have all these military bases around the world and make all the guns. So again, chill out with all your nondenominational evangelical embrace of literally any idea. It’s a puritanical mode of learning you just gotta give up. Good luck.

bohemian

• Rep: -345
« Reply #377 on: June 18, 2023, 11:46:30 PM »
are they lame? yes.

Bill Salt

« Reply #378 on: June 19, 2023, 12:27:38 AM »
They're lame when they bring it on the table too much, otherwise that doesn't annoy me.

Benevenstanciano

« Reply #379 on: June 19, 2023, 01:38:53 AM »
religious zealous is just as lame as overly atheist people, it’s the loud know it all and enlightened holier than than thou vibe they both give off when I feel like no one knows. People put the same blind faith in Science when hundreds of years from now if humans are still around they will say we were primitive idiots who’s calculations were mostly incorrect, you can’t prove either way. Honestly I think that carbon based life forms with our level of emotional capabilities and general intelligence existing out of a fluke is just as far fetched as what ever the fuck Mormons or other devote Christian groups believe. All we can really do is love one another and minimize the suffering of our common situation we share in the present moment.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
« Reply #380 on: June 19, 2023, 03:47:53 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

switchfakie

« Reply #381 on: June 19, 2023, 04:34:20 AM »
No as long as they’re not bugging people about their beliefs

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -238
« Reply #382 on: June 19, 2023, 05:14:53 AM »
Anyone on earth who's religious is lame as fuck. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

dirtywork81

• Rep: 16
« Reply #383 on: June 19, 2023, 09:02:27 AM »
Can we give Ray Barbee and Lance a pass?

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -71
« Reply #384 on: June 19, 2023, 09:05:34 AM »

🎵 "If I die before I wake,  at least in heaven I can skate!!" 🎵

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #385 on: June 19, 2023, 09:10:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Should have spoken a little louder when roe v wade was on the table big enlightened SF guy. The difference is you’re all evangelicals, whether it be religious zealotry or politically correct zealotry or capitalist zealotry or constitutional zealotry. It would be chill but you’re the only country to have ever dropped a nuke and you have all these military bases around the world and make all the guns. So again, chill out with all your nondenominational evangelical embrace of literally any idea. It’s a puritanical mode of learning you just gotta give up. Good luck.

What the fuck are you talking about you kook?

manysnakes

« Reply #386 on: June 19, 2023, 09:34:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think he's trying to say that Americans take things too far, which is certainly true, but "evangelical" has a meaning and it's not a synonym for "zealot", and while America has a massive population of evangelicals, it's also true that evangelicalism is basically the only growing form of Christianity worldwide. Literally I am just guessing here because those paragraphs are gibberish.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: June 19, 2023, 09:36:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think he's trying to say that Americans take things too far, which is certainly true, but "evangelical" has a meaning and it's not a synonym for "zealot", and while America has a massive population of evangelicals, it's also true that evangelicalism is basically the only growing form of Christianity worldwide. Literally I am just guessing here because those paragraphs are gibberish.

Thank you for the help.

People that paint with a brush as broad as an entire country are closed-minded assholes and can fuck right off. Not saying America is not a complete disaster, but save your xenophobic population bashing for someone who doesn't think you're insane.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 09:48:03 AM by GAY »

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #388 on: June 19, 2023, 10:05:43 AM »
you just gotta

ah ha.

And which educational system taught you to make such ludicrous and sweeping generalizations? And how much time have you spent living in the US?

Easy to pass judgements based on politics, news and entertainment. It looks a little different and far more nuanced on the ground.

Benevenstanciano

« Reply #389 on: June 19, 2023, 12:38:39 PM »