Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 83222 times)

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2021, 07:04:54 PM »
This might be a dumb question and I know they don’t come out very often, but are the crail decks that are ps stix usually the same shapes as the regular ones just better wood?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2021, 09:32:40 PM »
Expand Quote

I haven’t. Looks good, if I was going to skate a bigger board. I’m on some weird small board kick. 8” trucks, max. I like Craig’s shapes, particularly the length and I like the guide! It’s really well done, imo, and helpful.

Also eyeing the slicks in G027 since I can't locate the G028 anywhere with decent shipping 9and I don't think I can pull off anything under 31.75"

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2021, 09:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I haven’t. Looks good, if I was going to skate a bigger board. I’m on some weird small board kick. 8” trucks, max. I like Craig’s shapes, particularly the length and I like the guide! It’s really well done, imo, and helpful.
[close]

Also eyeing the slicks in G027 since I can't locate the G028 anywhere with decent shipping 9and I don't think I can pull off anything under 31.75"

I thought for some reason you liked steeper boards....besides them being short, the crail boards also, generally, have a decent amount of fingers of flat which I really like.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2021, 12:18:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I thought for some reason you liked steeper boards....besides them being short, the crail boards also, generally, have a decent amount of fingers of flat which I really like.

I do, but switching it up: swapping out steep kicks/55mm trucks/53mm 101a wheels for mellow, 52/53.5mm trucks/52mm 99a, something easier to skate due to ankle woes (also switching to cupsoles).

Last girl I rode was 1.5yrs ago ish (new wood), found it medium/comfy + good shape/wood feel.

The G027 =  full/rounded + short tail/shortish nose, and I generally prefer 31.75/31.8" length - shape and dims, this is what I look for so if I can make the 14" WB work (usually on 14.25 like most of us) I could be good for now ;) - I just have to decide on Ventures or Thunders for this setup (but I'm so used to ATGs mags w/bones these days). The only 14" WB board that I ever felt right on is the Primitive and only indy felt weird to me, ATG/Vent/Thun all felt fine....tho best with Ventures due to the long mellow tail/nose.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2021, 01:42:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I do, but switching it up: swapping out steep kicks/55mm trucks/53mm 101a wheels for mellow, 52/53.5mm trucks/52mm 99a, something easier to skate due to ankle woes (also switching to cupsoles).

Last girl I rode was 1.5yrs ago ish (new wood), found it medium/comfy + good shape/wood feel.

The G027 =  full/rounded + short tail/shortish nose, and I generally prefer 31.75/31.8" length - shape and dims, this is what I look for so if I can make the 14" WB work (usually on 14.25 like most of us) I could be good for now ;) - I just have to decide on Ventures or Thunders for this setup (but I'm so used to ATGs mags w/bones these days). The only 14" WB board that I ever felt right on is the Primitive and only indy felt weird to me, ATG/Vent/Thun all felt fine....tho best with Ventures due to the long mellow tail/nose.

14” is the way.

-a short guy

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2021, 02:48:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

14” is the way.

-a short guy

I'm 5'10 / US 10 so it's right on the cusp for me...this where truck WB impact and kicks come into play, steep feels cramped on short WB, mellow doesn't (to me).

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2021, 02:51:46 PM »

Mellow concave, medium kicks for sure. Really nice shape (crail shape description is on point); also, nice of them to provide a guide for a perfectly centered racing stripe ;) 1010s breaking in quick just wearing them for a few hours for two days just inside!

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2021, 10:36:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Currently riding a slick bottom G052 board. I knew it was gonna be smaller than DRKRM 8.375, but almost seems under 8" wide! I'm assuming it's the short WB. I've only skated it a few times, so I can't really give it my full opinion, but it's weird going from a nice round tail, to a lil nub for a tail (I ride a size 11-11.5).

I got it to try and narrow down what I feel good on. So far, I wanna go back to the DRKRM I had before or something similar in dims.
Still wanna get 8.25 a shot but, maybe a longer WB, or slightly longer.
[close]

Isn't the tail on that like 6.8"/longer than the nose? Or are you just referring to the width?

FWIW I am an 11 and I have been very into 8.25 lately. I was skating a lot of footballs and 8.5" pops (currently skating the latter) but have been finding 8.25" to be kind of a sweet spot.

The width tapers hella. Not use to that. The tail on my DRKRM is nice and wide. I think I'm gonna try a longer wheel base. Kinda getting use to the GO52 and it being a slick is fun. However, its just a lil too tight. It's really easy to miss the flick on kickflips, where my drkrm the flick is there every time. I got super comfy on that board, I dont know why I changed it. I saw the slick board on SW for under 60 and I was willing to go for something I knew might not be a good fit.

Girl's other 8.25 shape has a pretty long wheelbase if I remember correctly. Probably gonna go back to DRKRM to be honest. Might try their 8.25. The Baker one is loooking good too. Same dims for the most part but 14.25 wb.
The chillest1

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2021, 12:24:13 AM »
The G027 "8.25" tapers like crazy as well...i've skated one and have another in the cupboard, I pulled it out the other day and measured it out of curiousity. 8.2ish at the front bolts, just over 8" at the back!

It's a great shape, but calling it 8.25 is very generous, I stuck it next to an 8.25" WKND deck which is true to width all the way and it looks so different.

G027 is a fun,mellow board but you can absolutely feel the taper when you skate it, I had to be more conscious of having the board the right way round for certain tricks than I would on say a BBS deck.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2021, 07:54:42 AM »
@TurdyBird @Skatebeard This made me want to try one more FWIW. How was the slick? Did it show instant pressure cracks like the regular boards do?

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2021, 08:00:10 AM »
It's fun skating the EFB. I haven't been going to the park because it's too cold in the morning and too crowded by the time I do want to skate.

It's slightly heavy, but nah. No pressure cracks.

Biggest complaint is how tight it feels as far as length/WB
The chillest1

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2021, 12:02:26 PM »
I was pretty set on another G033 for my next deck but the long tail on the G027/G052 caught my eye and the itch wasn’t gonna go away until I tried one. I would have preferred a G052 because it is 0.12” longer but the local only had a G027.

I totally missed the talk about how it tapers and that has me worried, but it’s didn’t notice it too much holding it in the shop.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2021, 01:23:17 PM »
I was pretty set on another G033 for my next deck but the long tail on the G027/G052 caught my eye and the itch wasn’t gonna go away until I tried one. I would have preferred a G052 because it is 0.12” longer but the local only had a G027.

I totally missed the talk about how it tapers and that has me worried, but it’s didn’t notice it too much holding it in the shop.

I always worry about the rear taper, but then you start skating it and the worries disappear; guess I'm more concerned about the width for my lead foot than I am about what's 'behind me'.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2021, 12:09:46 PM »
I was at my local earlier and they had some Crail decks.  It's dope how they print the specs on the top layer of the board.  Really helps the skate nerds.  Also, some of the Chocolate boards I saw (the basic OG Chunk ones with the big ass logo) are PS Stix, had the laser etching and all.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2021, 02:17:23 PM »
I was at my local earlier and they had some Crail decks.  It's dope how they print the specs on the top layer of the board.  Really helps the skate nerds.  Also, some of the Chocolate boards I saw (the basic OG Chunk ones with the big ass logo) are PS Stix, had the laser etching and all.

The GSSC series has the L x W on the bottom graphic (tail area) as well (8.25x31.75"):

Also, not overly excited about the G027 after a couple of sessions, the tail being longer than the nose is a bit weird (not by a lot) but the shapes of the nose and tail seem like they'd be on two different brands/shapes. Nose is short, full and a bit stubby, tail is long, tapered and pointy, both with 2 fingers of flat; it's as if the board is backwards (so that's how I was skating it).

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:30:17 PM by Xen »

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2021, 02:18:10 PM »
Copped a cheap G023 8.125 off ebay to chuck in the pile.

Is the G023 tapered like the G027?

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2021, 07:46:19 AM »
G027 I picked up on skateshop day. The 14" wheelbase is the smallest I've ever ridden on a popsicle, but I've ridden decks that are shorter overall.  The longer tail is what caught my eye.

Lots of fingers of flat which is what I wanted but once the tail starts it is WAY steeper than I anticipated. That's a Politic from South Central (which I've always considered on the steeper side.)  I was going to put my 5.8s on here but with the rear tapering to 8" I think they will be too much. It's 144 hollows for now.

For anyone looking for another perspective, Degros doesn't say this deck is a G027 but it's gotta be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bi9ixyez6g

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2021, 07:54:22 AM »
G027 I picked up on skateshop day. The 14" wheelbase is the smallest I've ever ridden on a popsicle, but I've ridden decks that are shorter overall.  The longer tail is what caught my eye.

Lots of fingers of flat which is what I wanted but once the tail starts it is WAY steeper than I anticipated. That's a Politic from South Central (which I've always considered on the steeper side.)  I was going to put my 5.8s on here but with the rear tapering to 8" I think they will be too much. It's 144 hollows for now.

For anyone looking for another perspective, Degros doesn't say this deck is a G027 but it's gotta be.

I had one of these, pretty sure. First Bannerot pro deck with the Cory graphic. I had 44s and big wheels. Skated great. I should have just gotten another one. Not sure why I went away from it tbh. Probably hated the way the big wheels looked (ee3 was a moment, and I really really loved that video, still do. I just don’t ever end up crushing down the street doing wallies and stuff, I am in a parking lot attempting bad nollie flips. Having huge wheels feels like I’m driving a lifted truck to get groceries)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2021, 09:39:18 AM »

For sure the G027, mine is a hair under 8.25” up front and 8” across the rear truck. 14” wb and 31.75”L are spot on. Setup with 8” Tensor ATGs so similar wb to Indy. It’s funny that he mentioned thunders because that’s really what I was thinking about skating on this.

I didn’t find it too steep, but that’s probably because I usually ride to window boards by comparison this is a medium so it could be steep for many.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2021, 10:54:05 AM »

Mellow concave, medium kicks for sure. Really nice shape (crail shape description is on point); also, nice of them to provide a guide for a perfectly centered racing stripe ;) 1010s breaking in quick just wearing them for a few hours for two days just inside!

That's mellow concave? Looks steep AF to me. Who makes the flattest boards? I'm Mr. Anti-concave, nothing is flat enough for me...

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2021, 11:05:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's mellow concave? Looks steep AF to me. Who makes the flattest boards? I'm Mr. Anti-concave, nothing is flat enough for me...
doa flat as fuck
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

michael scarn

« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2021, 12:06:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Baker mellow concave is v mellow, almost too mellow.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2021, 01:05:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Toy Machine mellow is way more mellow than Baker mellow (PS Stix)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2021, 02:02:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Toy Machine mellow is way more mellow than Baker mellow (PS Stix)

Toy Machine/Foundation for sure. Plan B are pretty damn flat as well. DOA FAF

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2021, 09:19:19 AM »
Just saw something about a twin tail girl deck. Anyone know the shape number for it?

Fhk

« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2021, 09:21:24 AM »
Just saw something about a twin tail girl deck. Anyone know the shape number for it?
It's not out yet..but when it is I will be in line next to you.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2021, 09:22:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes! If you end up finding it before me let me know. Seems like it could be cool if the dims are right

Fhk

« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2021, 12:30:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Yes! If you end up finding it before me let me know. Seems like it could be cool if the dims are right
Will do man!

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2021, 12:58:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I believe Chris Roberts has been skating it. All I know is that it is an 8.25. I saw on youtube that Crob did a full setup livestream but I havent watched it. He might talk more about the shape in it. It is like 2 hours long though so I'm not sure anyone is curious enough about it to put themselves  through that.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2021, 09:23:24 AM »
I just got a pop secret board, first time skating any kind of technologically advanced board (unless you count those corrugated Baker boards back in the day). Very curious to see how it skates, though I likely won't set it up for a bit.

IDK if this has been mentioned here, but can I expect this to start getting pressure cracks out the gate like regular crail boards?