Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 233746 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #1290 on: March 07, 2022, 08:12:19 PM »
Just to clarify tho, the one you and sedition were extolling the virtues of is NOT the full se, correct? The bog standard 8.25x14.38x32 is the desirable one if I understand it

Sedition

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #1291 on: March 07, 2022, 08:51:23 PM »
Just to clarify tho, the one you and sedition were extolling the virtues of is NOT the full se, correct? The bog standard 8.25x14.38x32 is the desirable one if I understand it

Yeah, the 8.25x14.32 is NOT, repeat NOT an SE. The SE version of the 8.25 has a 14.25 wheel base. For me at least, WB 14.25 (and under) starts to get real twitchy and cramped. 14.5 and over, and things start to feel sluggish. Obviously, everyone has to find their own Grail. The 8.25/14.38 is unquestionably mine.

Side note, what Crail is doing with board shape info/specs, etc is amazing, and should be replicated by every company.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1292 on: March 07, 2022, 09:17:08 PM »
Deal’s Board Construction page is decently detailed but ya, Crail takes the cake.

I felt better on the Crail 14” WB than expected cuz there are so many fingers of flat.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1293 on: March 07, 2022, 09:45:55 PM »
Krooked never gets the Full SE as far as I know. They get the twin tails and some of their riders have proprietary shapes, but their 8.25 are all 14.38 same as the normal DLX 8.25. Full SE is all Real.

I think I have seen some from all brands under DLX.  I definitely have AH and Krooked original Full and maybe a couple of Full SE boards from when they first came out, but in more recent drops there haven't been any.

The more experimental or different shapes do seem to be specific now to certain brands, to certain team riders too, as if that is a way to make them more their own for each of the board brands, not just spread them over all DLX boards.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1294 on: March 07, 2022, 10:01:54 PM »

The standard 8.25 x 32 with 14.38 wheelbase really is a great all rounder and the most commonly ridden size for DLX guys and the general public I think I saw somewhere - "our most popular size and shape..." or whatever it was said, but that was a while ago and I do think a lot more people are trying and liking the different options, of which there really are a lot more now too.

That said, I always think the standard 8.25 is wider than 8.25 so it stands to reason that it would work so well on 149s, or almost any other truck in the 8.25 to 8.5 size range, being what it is.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1295 on: March 07, 2022, 10:41:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The standard 8.25 x 32 with 14.38 wheelbase really is a great all rounder and the most commonly ridden size for DLX guys and the general public I think I saw somewhere - "our most popular size and shape..." or whatever it was said, but that was a while ago and I do think a lot more people are trying and liking the different options, of which there really are a lot more now too.

That said, I always think the standard 8.25 is wider than 8.25 so it stands to reason that it would work so well on 149s, or almost any other truck in the 8.25 to 8.5 size range, being what it is.

I cannot count how many 8.25/14.38 decks I’ve had. Well over 100. I’ve measured every single one. All of mine have been dead-on 8.25 width. I ride them with Indy 144s. Fits perfectly.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1296 on: March 08, 2022, 02:42:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I cannot count how many 8.25/14.38 decks I’ve had. Well over 100. I’ve measured every single one. All of mine have been dead-on 8.25 width. I ride them with Indy 144s. Fits perfectly.

Where do your wheels sit in relation to the edge of the deck on the 144s and what did you ride before 144s came out?

I know with 149s and normal washers (one on the inside) with normal sized width wheels, they sit pretty much perfectly on the edge for most of the setups I have seen, from other people who didn't have the option for 144s prior to 2017 when they came out, with most of them staying with that configuration for their setups.

That was also the reason I never went right up to 8.25 as I was on 139s with 8.12 decks and had an 8.5 on 149s from mid 00s as an alternate / bigger setup.

When 144s are on the DLX 8.25 boards, the wheels sit inside a fair bit, but I have put 3 washers on the inside to have 56mm classic wheels sit right on the edge since I got some 144s after 2017, but I know I like wheels sitting on the edge of the board more so than being inside and definitely not outside the line of the deck. 

Smaller sizes of any wheel worked really well on the 8.25 on 149s, from what most people would set up over the years, but I recall seeing some with weird looking setups, mainly with Conical Full 56mm wheels which sat outside the deck on 149s and didn't work for me on that board anyway, but I am not really into that shape wheel in bigger sizes anyway.

I think they have the most varied setup options too, but that is just me.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1297 on: March 08, 2022, 07:05:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Where do your wheels sit in relation to the edge of the deck on the 144s and what did you ride before 144s came out?

I know with 149s and normal washers (one on the inside) with normal sized width wheels, they sit pretty much perfectly on the edge for most of the setups I have seen, from other people who didn't have the option for 144s prior to 2017 when they came out, with most of them staying with that configuration for their setups.

That was also the reason I never went right up to 8.25 as I was on 139s with 8.12 decks and had an 8.5 on 149s from mid 00s as an alternate / bigger setup.

When 144s are on the DLX 8.25 boards, the wheels sit inside a fair bit, but I have put 3 washers on the inside to have 56mm classic wheels sit right on the edge since I got some 144s after 2017, but I know I like wheels sitting on the edge of the board more so than being inside and definitely not outside the line of the deck. 

Smaller sizes of any wheel worked really well on the 8.25 on 149s, from what most people would set up over the years, but I recall seeing some with weird looking setups, mainly with Conical Full 56mm wheels which sat outside the deck on 149s and didn't work for me on that board anyway, but I am not really into that shape wheel in bigger sizes anyway.

God, was it that long 144s came out (2017)? I couldn't remember the year. I rode 149s prior. About 50% of the skating I do is on mini ramps. When 144s came out, I actually had two 8.25s set-up for awhile. 149s on transition. 144s on street (later when down to just one--with 144s). With 149s I could see a tad bit of axle nuts over the edge. I ride 53mm Classics, with washer on both sides of wheel. I just looked at my board (with 144s), and it seems like outer edge of wheel just sits a hair inside. So, i guess the question is how do you define a "perfect fit." :) But yeah, no question, 149s can used on the 8.25 w/o any problem at all, and there are a lot of nuanced ways to configure the 8.25" with truck width, wheels shape/washers, etc. And that's not even to mention adjusting effective wheelbase if factor in truck variance (but that is also true on any deck). But yeah, the 8.25" is a great deck, at least for me.   

This is also touches one of the reasons I don't like the "in between" deck sizes--.38s, .62s, etc. I don't like serious magic carpet. I don't like noticeable overhang. I want axle length to be same as the deck, or within a tiny allowance. I feel like the "in between" decks lend themselves to these. 8.38 is your main jam, correct? How do you have the set-up? All this said, I also have an 8.28" that I occasionally set-up when I feel like getting more tech. My measurements of that come in at 8.12". I still can't figure out if I like 8.0 or 8.25 trucks on that! 

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1298 on: March 08, 2022, 07:11:18 AM »
Real finally updated their website with the most recent graphics/shapes:

https://www.realskateboards.com/

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1299 on: March 08, 2022, 07:14:52 AM »

Meanwhile, AH is still going on Fall 2021. :)

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1300 on: March 08, 2022, 07:20:30 AM »
Anyone have a good top pic of the 8.5/14.38 deck?

14.38" is my jam, and I'm curious to see the shape of nose/tail. I may have to take one of those out for a spin. 

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1301 on: March 08, 2022, 07:44:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Meanwhile, AH is still going on Fall 2021. :)

I checked Real last week because they also hadn't updated it in forever. I know covid and woodshops shutting down messed with production but I almost made a thread like WTF is going on with Real?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1302 on: March 08, 2022, 09:39:30 AM »

14.38" is my jam, and I'm curious to see the shape of nose/tail. I may have to take one of those out for a spin.

Imagine your normal 8.25 with an extra 1/8" just on the rails, so a pointier nose and tail. IIRC the nose is 1/8" longer and tail 1/16"

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1303 on: March 08, 2022, 09:46:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Imagine your normal 8.25 with an extra 1/8" just on the rails, so a pointier nose and tail. IIRC the nose is 1/8" longer and tail 1/16"

Yeah, a more pointed nose/tail is what I was afraid of. Hate those. Was hoping taper might be proportionally adjusted.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1304 on: March 08, 2022, 05:03:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, a more pointed nose/tail is what I was afraid of. Hate those. Was hoping taper might be proportionally adjusted.

They are definitely the same right through the rail from bolts to bolts (unlike the shorter 8.5 which tapers down towards the back a fair bit) but the kicks are a little more pointy, as said.

I found them really comfortable to skate, given the size, shape and feel of the boards and still have quite a few set up.

The pricepoint natural top version (still the same shape) 8.5 x 32.25 with 14.38 wb

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Real_City_Blocks_Price_Point_Deck/descpage-RLCBPP85DK.html

Here is one, probably the best pic actually:

https://www.slamcity.com/products/krooked-85-arketype-skateboard-deck

« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 05:31:55 PM by Woodshop »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1305 on: March 08, 2022, 05:22:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

God, was it that long 144s came out (2017)? I couldn't remember the year. I rode 149s prior. About 50% of the skating I do is on mini ramps. When 144s came out, I actually had two 8.25s set-up for awhile. 149s on transition. 144s on street (later when down to just one--with 144s). With 149s I could see a tad bit of axle nuts over the edge. I ride 53mm Classics, with washer on both sides of wheel. I just looked at my board (with 144s), and it seems like outer edge of wheel just sits a hair inside. So, i guess the question is how do you define a "perfect fit." :) But yeah, no question, 149s can used on the 8.25 w/o any problem at all, and there are a lot of nuanced ways to configure the 8.25" with truck width, wheels shape/washers, etc. And that's not even to mention adjusting effective wheelbase if factor in truck variance (but that is also true on any deck). But yeah, the 8.25" is a great deck, at least for me.   

This is also touches one of the reasons I don't like the "in between" deck sizes--.38s, .62s, etc. I don't like serious magic carpet. I don't like noticeable overhang. I want axle length to be same as the deck, or within a tiny allowance. I feel like the "in between" decks lend themselves to these. 8.38 is your main jam, correct? How do you have the set-up? All this said, I also have an 8.28" that I occasionally set-up when I feel like getting more tech. My measurements of that come in at 8.12". I still can't figure out if I like 8.0 or 8.25 trucks on that!

Interesting re 149s to 144s, but I can definitely see the attraction.

Quite a few people I know only ride 144s nowdays on everything, from 8.25 through 8.38 and even on 8.5 boards, but those guys are almost totally street tech so prefer a narrower truck on a wider board.

I find now if I am riding a true 8.5 the normal Indy 149s (or any 149 truck) sit inside a fraction unless I have wide wheels on it, so usually the 56mm classic full wheels on any 8.5 board and then the 149s sit perfectly on the 8.38 size decks, with the normal 56mm classic (usually worn down) or older 54mm conical full / classics / radials, which sit perfectly just inside that shape.  I don't usually ride anything smaller than 53mm (when new) as I prefer a wider wheel, although many are used so already worn down a bit, even around 50mm on the really thrashed setups.  Usually all with 3 thin washers on the insides too, but sometimes just two if the axles ends are messed up - quite a few second hand sets of 149s have come back to me from swaps and trades too.

The 8.38 DLX boards are so close to 8.5 though, which is why I do like them so much.  Normal 149s with three washers on the inside and regular sized wheels fit perfectly for 8.38 deck to truck / wheel width.

The only trucks I haven't pushed the wheels out on are the 159s and bigger, mainly because they usually have big enough wheels on those setups anyway, but just to try it, I did set up a normal 8.5 with 159s and classics, which definitely feels too wide for what I like, so there is a line there, funnily enough.

The difference in truck hanger width is so minimal to look at but I can feel it so much when skating the boards, identical setups only one with 149s and one with 159s.  Putting those same 159s on an 8.62 was perfect for the fit of wheel to truck, but the board is very long with 14.75 wb so felt like a tank to skate normally.

The 8.75 eagles I have setup with 159s in the same way as my smaller boards are really good to ride too, not feeling too big, although I know they are bigger, longer, etc.  The 8.75 also tapers down from 8.75 to below 8.6 in the back.

The 9" orange eagle on 169s was definitely too big for comfortable skating for me, but I like it as a cruiser.

That was maybe a bit too much info, but I could talk all day about any of those setups.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1306 on: March 08, 2022, 05:25:20 PM »
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but I'll throw it out there...

Been on the longer DLX 8.62 shape for a while and would like something a bit thinner. Is anyone currently making an 8.5 with a 14.75 (or bigger) wheelbase??

@toque

Just to bring it back to DLX boards, I happened upon a longer 8.5 which I cannot recall seeing in a catalog or anything.

It is the 8.5 x 32.5 with 14.75 wheelbase which used to be out fairly regularly but it is the first one I have seen since 2020.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Real_Zion_Tanner_Volcanic_Deck/descpage-RLTV82DK.html

« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 05:16:03 AM by Woodshop »

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1307 on: March 08, 2022, 05:53:00 PM »

Just to bring it back to DLX boards, I happened upon a longer 8.5 which I cannot recall seeing in a catalog or anything.

It is the 8.5 x 32.5 with 14.75 wheelbase which used to be out fairly regularly but it is the first one I have seen since 2020.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Real_Zion_Tanner_Volcanic_Deck/descpage-RLTV82DK.html

Is it the 8.5 full shape? That one had a 14.75 wb. I used to skate that shape all the time.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1308 on: March 08, 2022, 06:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is it the 8.5 full shape? That one had a 14.75 wb. I used to skate that shape all the time.

No just the normal shape in the longer wheelbase.

Some of the vert guys from the old indoor park loved that size and shape, as it wasn't too wide, but it had the longer wheelbase so it worked well for them.  Most of those guys were not big or tall so it worked really well for what they wanted, an 8.5 still being fairly easy to skate, but the longer wheelbase to accommodate more stability at speed for them.

I have one set up mainly as a cruiser and it is fun, but it feels a touch too long for me for normal skating.

The original Full was different and felt way bigger overall, but oddly enough with only a 14.6 wheelbase.

https://www.realskateboards.com/construction/

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1309 on: March 09, 2022, 06:16:27 AM »
Interesting re 149s to 144s, but I can definitely see the attraction.

It was a strange evolution. 149s felt a tad clunky to me on street, esp with flips tricks. 144s just seemed to have an easier spin with kickflips, nollie flips, etc. Then I started noticing a tad more lateral play/slip on the 149s during grinds, esp on transition. The 144s seem more stable/locked-in, if that makes any sense. I've actually never messed around with extra washers on the 144s to play with nuanced wheel position. This thread now has me wanting to.   

I find now if I am riding a true 8.5 the normal Indy 149s (or any 149 truck) sit inside a fraction unless I have wide wheels on it, so usually the 56mm classic full...

WHOA! I haven't seen classic fulls around in awhile, unfortunately (or radial slims, now that I think about it).   

The difference in truck hanger width is so minimal to look at but I can feel it so much when skating the boards, identical setups only one with 149s and one with 159s.

Yup. This is how I feel about 144s/149s.

The 8.75 eagles I have setup with 159s in the same way as my smaller boards are really good to ride too, not feeling too big, although I know they are bigger, longer, etc.  The 8.75 also tapers down from 8.75 to below 8.6 in the back.

I have an 8.75 eagle set-up with 159 Indy Ti and 54mm Classics. Generally, I don't like bigger boards, but god damn, something about that 8.75 is so much fun. Yes, it's a boat. Yes, it's bit harder to do some stuff on, but it has some kind of magic that, as you said, doesn't feel too big. Oddly, I hate this set-up on transition because of that lateral slip during grinds I mentioned above, and there is just SO MUCH of that with 159s.

That was maybe a bit too much info, but I could talk all day about any of those setups.

Well, what do you think is going to happen when hardcore DLX nerds get together. :)

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1310 on: March 09, 2022, 06:24:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No just the normal shape in the longer wheelbase.

Some of the vert guys from the old indoor park loved that size and shape, as it wasn't too wide, but it had the longer wheelbase so it worked well for them.  Most of those guys were not big or tall so it worked really well for what they wanted, an 8.5 still being fairly easy to skate, but the longer wheelbase to accommodate more stability at speed for them.

I have one set up mainly as a cruiser and it is fun, but it feels a touch too long for me for normal skating.

The original Full was different and felt way bigger overall, but oddly enough with only a 14.6 wheelbase.

Circa 2018 (2017?) I was riding a lot more bigger transition. I rode the 8.5 full for that with 149s. It def felt a bit long in relation to its width, but the 14.6 wb was really nice on the bigger ramps/bowls, as was the fuller tail.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1311 on: March 09, 2022, 07:11:39 AM »
@Sedition i know a shop that has Classic Fulls in 52 and 54 in stock but is PW protected. If you want either of those sizes DM and I can get you the hookup.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1312 on: March 10, 2022, 07:29:26 AM »
@Sedition i know a shop that has Classic Fulls in 52 and 54 in stock but is PW protected. If you want either of those sizes DM and I can get you the hookup.

I have a small stock pile of 53mm classics at the moment, but much thanks for the offer!

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1313 on: March 12, 2022, 05:07:26 PM »

Just adding this here as wel.

Question for @mbrimson resident ornithologist, do you know the actual length and wheelbase of the AH white classic eagle? Getting conflicting reports between 14.62 wb x 32.5 and 14.75 x 32.75.

Much appreciated.

Easy.

On paper (and the DLX web sites) these are the dimensions:

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/

They are the standard DLX 8.75 shape, which is the 14.62 wb, so 8.75 x 32.75 length. 

The other standard DLX 8.62 shape has the longer 14.75 wb, so 8.62 x 32.56 in length.

From having a few of each, one thing to note, the 8.75 is definitely NOT that long (just over 32.5) and although wider at the shoulder where it is 8.75, it tapers down to slightly under 8.6 at the tail, but the 8.62 deck is straight right the way through and longer overall by a touch so more like 32.7, so I can understand how some measurements can be seen to be incorrect or different.

The 8.62 definitely feels like a bigger board overall to me, with the longer wheelbase and length in that shape, which is a curious thing, with the 8.75 feeling a bit more stubby and blunt in the kicks, especially looking at the nose, but just feels smaller overall and easier to throw around.

If you want bigger, then the 8.62 is going to do it for you, but if you want a bit more normal then the 8.75 will be easier all round.

I put the same everything on both and they still work fine, eg 159s with 56 classic full wheels, no overhang.

juniormint

• Rep: 140
« Reply #1314 on: March 12, 2022, 10:34:02 PM »

Expand Quote
Question for @mbrimson resident ornithologist, do you know the actual length and wheelbase of the AH white classic eagle? Getting conflicting reports between 14.62 wb x 32.5 and 14.75 x 32.75.

Much appreciated.
[close]

Easy.

They are the standard DLX 8.75 shape, which is the 14.62 wb, so 8.75 x 32.75 length. 

The other standard DLX 8.62 shape has the longer 14.75 wb, so 8.62 x 32.56 in length.

From having a few of each, one thing to note, the 8.75 is definitely NOT that long (just over 32.5) and although wider at the shoulder where it is 8.75, it tapers down to slightly under 8.6 at the tail, but the 8.62 deck is straight right the way through and longer overall by a touch so more like 32.7, so I can understand how some measurements can be seen to be incorrect or different.

The 8.62 definitely feels like a bigger board overall to me, with the longer wheelbase and length in that shape, which is a curious thing, with the 8.75 feeling a bit more stubby and blunt in the kicks, especially looking at the nose, but just feels smaller overall and easier to throw around.

If you want bigger, then the 8.62 is going to do it for you, but if you want a bit more normal then the 8.75 will be easier all round.

I put the same everything on both and they still work fine, eg 159s with 56 classic full wheels, no overhang.

Great, thank you. That's good news, i've been looking for a 8.75 on bbs wood with a 14.5 wb, and the white eagle comes the closest so far.

Cheers

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1315 on: March 13, 2022, 01:33:10 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

Much appreciated.
[close]

Easy.

[close]

Great, thank you. That's good news, i've been looking for a 8.75 on bbs wood with a 14.5 wb, and the white eagle comes the closest so far.

Cheers

I normally ride the 8.25/14.38 DLX shape. Generally, I don't like boards that are "bigger." However, I also have a DLX 8.75/14.62 set-up (and always will). I don't ride the 8.75 nearly as much as my 8.25, but there is indeed something "magic" about the 8.75. No question, it's big, but it feels so much more "nimble" than anything else that size. I have no way to explain it, other than it's a really fun board to ride, and I'd be sad if I didn't have one. The 8.62? No. The 8.63/14.25 Raney shape, however, that thing is fun as hell.

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #1316 on: March 13, 2022, 10:26:25 AM »
Anyone know offhand the actual width of the 8.38 full se? Riding the 8.5 now and it's definitely more of an 8.6 as others have mentioned. Wondering if the 8.38 is closer to a real (lol) 8.5.

It's also considerably flatter than the other Polar setup I have.
Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1317 on: March 13, 2022, 12:45:30 PM »
Anyone know offhand the actual width of the 8.38 full se? Riding the 8.5 now and it's definitely more of an 8.6 as others have mentioned. Wondering if the 8.38 is closer to a real (lol) 8.5.

Just measured the only one I have left. It's pretty much exactly between 8.375" and 8.5", so 8.4375". I'm not that picky about width myself. Other features of the board are much more important to me so I've rarely bothered to measure the width of the boards I've had. So I can't say how this differs from the normal DLX 8.38" for example.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1318 on: March 13, 2022, 03:36:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just measured the only one I have left. It's pretty much exactly between 8.375" and 8.5", so 8.4375". I'm not that picky about width myself. Other features of the board are much more important to me so I've rarely bothered to measure the width of the boards I've had. So I can't say how this differs from the normal DLX 8.38" for example.

I would agree with that size, being just a touch under 8.5 really.

And yes the 8.5 full boards do feel wider than 8.5 as well, so it is just a tiny bit down from that, but still almost the same overall shape which is good.

The overall dimensions of the Full SE bigger boards really do make them such a good stable ride, not too square or boat like, but not at all pointy or tapered the way some boards go.

Adding this again, just cause I can:

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1319 on: March 13, 2022, 09:07:47 PM »
The measurements for the 8.25 and 8.38 Full SE there are hilariously wrong. The 8.38 I measured had a 7.25 nose from tip to bolts, 6.75 tail. 8.25 had 6.625 tail and a 7 nose on the dot.

Honestly tho I feel you just gotta wing it and ride the deck. I've not had much luck nerding out over a dimension and another deck with a similar dimension feeling precisely the same.