Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 233598 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #1320 on: March 13, 2022, 09:55:30 PM »
The measurements for the 8.25 and 8.38 Full SE there are hilariously wrong. The 8.38 I measured had a 7.25 nose from tip to bolts, 6.75 tail. 8.25 had 6.625 tail and a 7 nose on the dot.

Honestly tho I feel you just gotta wing it and ride the deck. I've not had much luck nerding out over a dimension and another deck with a similar dimension feeling precisely the same.

Yes. I’ve tried to all of this putting together setups based off of deck and truck dimensions. Haven’t found ‘the one’. I like my setup now and it doesn’t make any since, on why I’d like it: .5” wider than what I thought I liked, .5” longer wb, etc etc. big fan.

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1321 on: March 14, 2022, 04:05:33 AM »

I recall earlier in this thread or another one like the older Woodshop thread, doing the addition, including 4.25 for truck areas, and the figures just not adding up to what was said to be the overall length of a number of boards, so it wouldn't be that different looking at those charts either.

Either way, from having and skating the 8.38 and 8.5 in every shape they have had, I think they all have their place for those who are into shorter, medium, longer boards and all that.

Come to think of it, I have even had the 8 and 8.25 although they were for the shop, not for me to skate myself, but I have had a stand on all of them and they all sold, so people have liked them as well for the size, shape, etc.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #1322 on: March 14, 2022, 12:09:16 PM »
Hey there.
So i came across this Krooked 8.28 Gerwer Guest Board.
It's an 8.28 x 31.7 with a 14.12 wheelbase.
Had my first session on it today and fackin love it.
So i was looking arround a bit but it seems that this shape is not really that common from dlx. Or at least i couldn't find anything similar.
Is this just a one time thing for krooked or are they releasing stuff with this dimensions more often ?
Or maybe a different brand with something similar on BBS wood ? Any info would be much appreciated !
Edit: I measured nose and tail, in a straight line.
Nose arround 6.9, Tail arround 6.4

« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 12:27:01 PM by vicious cycle »
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1323 on: March 14, 2022, 01:00:40 PM »
Hey there.
So i was looking arround a bit but it seems that this shape is not really that common from dlx. Or at least i couldn't find anything similar.
Is this just a one time thing for krooked or are they releasing stuff with this dimensions more often ?
Or maybe a different brand with something similar on BBS wood ? Any info would be much appreciated !

It's basically Mason Silva's shape. Super common with his name on it over the past 2 or so years.

EDIT: Sorry looks like stock is starting to run low on that shape. You can find some at paradeworld if you look under Real 8.28
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #1324 on: March 14, 2022, 01:31:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Hey there.

[close]
It's basically Mason Silva's shape. Super common with his name on it over the past 2 or so years.

EDIT: Sorry looks like stock is starting to run low on that shape. You can find some at paradeworld if you look under Real 8.28
Dang seems I was a blind fish..
Thanks for that, found some real Lintell Decks with the dimensions.
Much appreciated!
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1325 on: March 14, 2022, 03:22:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey there.
[img]https://cdn.skatedeluxe.com/thumb/bZJ3PlYUExKbvMlYTq-3Jt3w8A4=/fit-
[close]

[close]
Much appreciated!

It is funny though, as about six boards from two drops all had that shape for a hot minute, (as said the Gerwer guest, Mason, Lintell and a couple of others) but DLX often do seem to cycle through shapes as well, some coming out a whole lot more in some drops or a few consecutive drops, then you don't see them for a bit at all, then they might be back again here or there, or quite a few again.

There was an AH Cardiel from a few years back that I got, not knowing it was so short, as well as another AH in the same shape, that is on a wall, so they are definitely out there, between all three DLX deck brands.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1326 on: March 17, 2022, 05:01:41 AM »

I see the Grosso 9.25 board is back in Tactics (and I guess other shops soon enough too) in the same shape again.

Normal price too, not stupid crazy collectors price type of thing and lots of them, if anyone is looking for one.

https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/grosso-school-of-sk18-925-double-driller-skateboard-deck/blue

Hi res image here:

https://www.tactics.com/a/dih8/1b/anti-hero-grosso-school-of-sk18-925-double-driller-skateboard-deck.webp

Small pic here:

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #1327 on: March 19, 2022, 03:02:45 AM »

For whoever was wanting the new Antihero catalog, it is now live.

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/

Was this what people were waiting for?

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

EvenStevieNicks

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1328 on: March 19, 2022, 03:35:33 AM »

I grabbed a Beach Bummer and it's a great shape. More practical for me than the 9.55" version because of it's longer wheelbase. The wood is so crispy too. Very stoked on it!

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1329 on: March 20, 2022, 04:08:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I grabbed a Beach Bummer and it's a great shape. More practical for me than the 9.55" version because of it's longer wheelbase. The wood is so crispy too. Very stoked on it!

I almost didn't realise that the Beach Bum had been changed to the Beach Bummer, which is a much more versatile shape now, with dimensions:

Beach Bummer - 10 x 31.5 with a 14.6 wheelbase

Beach Bum - 9.55 x 30.5 with a 14.2 wheelbase

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1330 on: March 20, 2022, 11:40:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I almost didn't realise that the Beach Bum had been changed to the Beach Bummer, which is a much more versatile shape now, with dimensions:

Beach Bummer - 10 x 31.5 with a 14.6 wheelbase

Beach Bum - 9.55 x 30.5 with a 14.2 wheelbase

Anyone got the nose & tail lengths? Being that short overall with a longish wheelbase I’d expect the nose to be short but in the pic it looks quite normal to me.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1331 on: March 21, 2022, 03:09:41 AM »

The other one did have a shorter nose, but not stumpy old school 80s so anywhere around 5 to 6 I think.

Taking the wheelbase 14.6 and the truck 4.25 from the overall 31.5 length leaves about 12.65 so it could be a 6.5 tail and a 6.15 or so nose.

I don't think any shop has posted one yet, but I will have a look.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1332 on: March 21, 2022, 03:15:03 AM »

Found one!

Board has sold out it seems so the listing was removed, but the text info from the link was still up which showed this:

Antihero Eagle Beach Bummer Shaped Skateboard Deck - 10x31.5.

Deck Specs:
Width: 10"
Length: 31.5"
Wheelbase: 14.6"
Nose: 6"
Tail: 6.75"

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1333 on: March 21, 2022, 05:51:26 AM »

Found one!

Board has sold out it seems so the listing was removed, but the text info from the link was still up which showed this:

Deck Specs:

Thanks. 6” nose might be tricky for most nollie stuff but depending on the angle of the nose, might be doable. I do wonder though, what would be the motivation for such a short nose.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1334 on: March 21, 2022, 12:42:03 PM »
Cross-posted from the Ishod part thread:

Weird question, but does Real make him the twin tails and then screen on other graphics? Cuz he was rarely riding a twin tail graphic in that part.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1335 on: March 21, 2022, 12:51:39 PM »
Cross-posted from the Ishod part thread:

Weird question, but does Real make him the twin tails and then screen on other graphics? Cuz he was rarely riding a twin tail graphic in that part.

Yes. He confirmed this in some interview a few years back.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1336 on: March 21, 2022, 03:13:38 PM »
Expand Quote

Found one!

Deck Specs:
[close]

Thanks. 6” nose might be tricky for most nollie stuff but depending on the angle of the nose, might be doable. I do wonder though, what would be the motivation for such a short nose.

My guess would be that although some people might skate it like a normal board, many people who get that board and quite a few other boards like it will be skating it more as a cruiser or not so much doing everything like a normal board.

A guy I know with a big wide cruiser shaped board still does everything on it including nose blunts and nollie flips, but even just standing on that thing, I am in awe at how he manages it. I think that was a sub 5" nose on the most recent one too.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1337 on: March 21, 2022, 09:46:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Found one!

Deck Specs:
[close]

[close]

My guess would be that although some people might skate it like a normal board, many people who get that board and quite a few other boards like it will be skating it more as a cruiser or not so much doing everything like a normal board.

A guy I know with a big wide cruiser shaped board still does everything on it including nose blunts and nollie flips, but even just standing on that thing, I am in awe at how he manages it. I think that was a sub 5" nose on the most recent one too.

Yeah, that’s what I figured also but then started thinking why is it so long then and not like 4” or something. Oh well. Doesn’t really matter. I’m far from a nollie master anyway and I’m definitely overthinking this.  :D

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1338 on: March 21, 2022, 10:03:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey there.

[close]

[close]
Much appreciated!
between the gerwer/mason and this polar 8.25 shape im pretty set:
https://polarskateco.com/products/paul-grund-nicole-slick

Vintagebody

• Rep: 78
« Reply #1339 on: March 22, 2022, 02:18:40 AM »
^

Ive had multiple of that Polar shape, and they are not 14.125. More like 14.25.
However, the DLX 8.28 decks seem to measure consistently as of yet (ive had two).

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #1340 on: April 01, 2022, 01:15:16 PM »
If anybody was looking for the longer 8.5 (14.75” wb) the Real Tanner Van Vark “Volcanic” is on that shape.
SPB!

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #1341 on: April 01, 2022, 01:30:45 PM »
The 8.5x31.8x14.25 feels perfect for me. After going through gear madness over winter and trying a bunch of different shapes all I want from my kit is to not have to think about it anymore.

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 182
« Reply #1342 on: April 01, 2022, 01:37:39 PM »
The 8.5x31.8x14.25 feels perfect for me. After going through gear madness over winter and trying a bunch of different shapes all I want from my kit is to not have to think about it anymore.

Do yours measure 8.38”? My 8.5x31.85 DLXs all do when I measure myself, weird

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1343 on: April 01, 2022, 01:41:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yup that dlx shape is mismeasured. Wheelbase is also closer to a 14.2. Its actually identical to the limosine 8.38 shape. Limosine labels the measurements correctly.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1344 on: April 01, 2022, 01:50:52 PM »
Mine were always 8.38 with a 14.18 WB

braksabbath

« Reply #1345 on: April 01, 2022, 01:55:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You'd think I'd check that already after being so crazy about this stuff. Measuring the top with a flexible tape measure is 8.375. Measuring the bottom is 8.5. Wheelbase is more like 14.1875
But where do you start and end on a rounded edge ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even better for me. My short legs would prefer the imperceptibly narrower 8.38 but they mostly have the imperceptibly longer wheel base. DLX numbers are more like a code for the shape rather than highly accurate measurements.

8.5ishx31.8ishx14.25ish 4 lyfe

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1346 on: April 01, 2022, 03:27:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You'd think I'd check that already after being so crazy about this stuff. Measuring the top with a flexible tape measure is 8.375. Measuring the bottom is 8.5. Wheelbase is more like 14.1875

Even better for me. My short legs would prefer the imperceptibly narrower 8.38 but they mostly have the imperceptibly longer wheel base. DLX numbers are more like a code for the shape rather than highly accurate measurements.

This has been my go to shape for a while. What trucks do you guys like to ride on them? Having a lot of truck madness lately

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1347 on: April 01, 2022, 03:36:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This has been my go to shape for a while. What trucks do you guys like to ride on them? Having a lot of truck madness lately

Venture 5.8s (titanium hanger, cast plates). Its the only way I could skate a board that short

braksabbath

« Reply #1348 on: April 01, 2022, 04:06:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Mostly old blown out stage 9 149's. Had a couple ramp sessions on 159 and that felt real good. Just got Ti 149 on 1/8 riser. Turns real surfy, feels way different from the old 149. Haven't had a real day on them yet.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1349 on: April 01, 2022, 04:19:08 PM »
Whenever I see one of the 31.38 X 8.12 or. 31.5 X 8.06 Full SE’s, I grab it right away. I hope they never stop making those shapes.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion