Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 233683 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #2310 on: December 08, 2023, 11:33:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Saw an 8.5 PP eagle made in Mexico. Wonder if it would be shitty since PP bit Mexico.....?
[close]

They are still BBS, but price point quality, so for someone who doesn't snap boards easily, it should hold up fine, but for someone who goes through boards, I would not really recommend it.

I had quite a few of them, still do actually, just to see what they were like and they hold up fine for me, but others haven't lasted a session for some people.

Expand Quote
Just got the AH Joe Buffalo deck labelled as 8.5x31.8x14.25 (made in Mexico).
I can confirm the width is off, narrower than my previous dgk 8.38x32.25x14.5.
The length is spot on, the wheelbase is a hair shorter.
To my surprise both decks taper the same amount (width measured over the bolts closer to the tail) and kicks are the same length (I guess thats due to the shorter wb on the 8.5. I measured them from the bolt holes to the tip). Both decks have nice round kicks, not too pointy, although I remember somebody here stated that the 8.5 has a smaller and pointier tail.

Im pretty tall and my previous 4 decks were all 8.38x32.25x14.5 and that shape has treated me well. The only reason I got the shorter 8.5 this time is that all 8.38s available in my area have awful graphics and bottom/top plys colors. Hope that it won’t be too short for my liking. Enough of this nerdy stuff and madness… Maybe someone will find this rant helpful. Here are the measurements for both shapes:
8.38 x 32.25 x 14.5:
8.45 x 32.16 x 14.5

8.5 x 31.8 x 14.25:
8.38 x 31.8 x 14.2
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If I measure absolute edge to absolute edge, my 8.38 (both of them) are close to 8.5.
If I measure only the top ply where my feet are touching, they are a hair wider than 8-3/8” (8.375”)

So, 8.38 seems about right if you measure the stepping surface.

[close]

Edge to edge with a nice woodworking square is always 8.38 for that deck. I was at a shop last week and compared for shits and giggles and it is dead even with the standard 8.38 as well. I think it's pretty well documented in this thread somewhere (with pics), but I've had friends that have skated them almost exclusively for yeaaaars and their measurements agree.
[close]

Yes, same here.

Blue eagle board is not as wide as the advertised 8.5

Green eagle board is wider than the advertised 8.38

Other shapes as per older posts.
Gnar to you sir. Is been ages since I snapped a board and price is tempting + is a homie shop so I might try. Thx.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 462
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2311 on: December 11, 2023, 04:08:16 PM »
Anyone have irl measurements for the 8.5 Grant Taylor Pigeon Vision deck?
Mainly interested in:
Actual width and width at the front truck
Tail length
Actual wheelbase
I have one on the way and typically prefer 8.25
I skated the 8.4 /14.25 and enjoyed it though it did feel a bit long.
If this one measures a tad under 8.5 and really does have that 14” wheelbase it might just be perfect.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #2312 on: December 12, 2023, 12:07:31 AM »
Mainly interested in:
Tail length
Actual wheelbase
If this one measures a tad under 8.5 and really does have that 14” wheelbase it might just be perfect.

At least if you are in USA it is the shorter one from BBS, not the China one on a regular 8.5 shape.

I looked it up and found one out of stock on Tactics, but the listing still has the measurements:

https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/taylor-pigeon-vision-85-skateboard-deck

SPECS
SIZE   8.5
CENTER WIDTH (IN):   8.5
LENGTH (IN):   31.75
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.0
NOSE (IN):   7.06
TAIL (IN):   6.56

It was said to be the same shape as the Curb Crusher from a few drops back, 8.5 with 14 wb and 31.7 or so length, in case anyone had one of those to check what they thought of it too.

Pretty sure I had seen a few around.

The specific pic, current series "Curb Crushers" white one is 8.75 wide:

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/spring22/ah-2022-spring2-catalog-05.jpg

Might not be helpful, but I think others have said the board was quite steep compared to other ones.

The Anti Hero Curb Crusher 8.5” with a 14” wheelbase. I wanted to see if I would like a shorter wheelbase, see if the pop really felt lighter and easier. I rode it a few times, but it just felt too cramped and unstable. Also, the shorter nose and tail  and relatively high concave weren’t for me.

@sbr  got one for his son, post here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=85076.msg4111192#msg4111192

And here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=85076.msg4122076#msg4122076
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Richard Skidder

« Reply #2313 on: December 12, 2023, 03:04:08 AM »
@Mbrimson88 appreciate the detailed reply. I did find the inactive sku on tactics and they tend to be more accurate than others on measurements but sometimes not so I wasn’t sure. Thanks for finding those posts. I used the ol’ search bar but nothing came up for me ( maybe too wordy in my search). I’m realizing I also should have included that I’m in the US. So many factors for variations! I’ll just be patient and post my results for others upon arrival.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2314 on: December 12, 2023, 03:43:02 PM »
@Mbrimson88 appreciate the detailed reply. I did find the inactive sku on tactics and they tend to be more accurate than others on measurements but sometimes not so I wasn’t sure. Thanks for finding those posts. I used the ol’ search bar but nothing came up for me ( maybe too wordy in my search). I’m realizing I also should have included that I’m in the US. So many factors for variations! I’ll just be patient and post my results for others upon arrival.

For sure!

Re measurements - You never quite know sometimes - even just looking up the Curb Crusher, I saw one listing from another site which had 14.75 wb, but still the 31.7 length so I knew that one was wrong.

Re Slap search - It is a funny thing sometimes, but as you said, key words, sometimes too many words, or even just sometimes the search fails to load I seem to see a bit, but that might be connectivity issues on my end.

I saw from your other posts, USA - Cone wheels, etc so I thought at least you were going to be getting the BBS shape there too.  Only because not quite everything is up and running for the China boards, that they don't have the shorter shapes, as per Lew Farrell back on page 76 but as you said, just wait and see when it gets there.

Richard Skidder

« Reply #2315 on: December 13, 2023, 04:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Mainly interested in:
Tail length
Actual wheelbase
[close]

At least if you are in USA it is the shorter one from BBS, not the China one on a regular 8.5 shape.

I looked it up and found one out of stock on Tactics, but the listing still has the measurements:

https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/taylor-pigeon-vision-85-skateboard-deck

SPECS
SIZE   8.5
LENGTH (IN):   31.75
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.0
NOSE (IN):   7.06

It was said to be the same shape as the Curb Crusher from a few drops back, 8.5 with 14 wb and 31.7 or so length, in case anyone had one of those to check what they thought of it too.

Pretty sure I had seen a few around.

The specific pic, current series "Curb Crushers" white one is 8.75 wide:

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/spring22/ah-2022-spring2-catalog-05.jpg

Might not be helpful, but I think others have said the board was quite steep compared to other ones.

Expand Quote
The Anti Hero Curb Crusher 8.5” with a 14” wheelbase. I wanted to see if I would like a shorter wheelbase, see if the pop really felt lighter and easier. I rode it a few times, but it just felt too cramped and unstable. Also, the shorter nose and tail  and relatively high concave weren’t for me.
[close]

@sbr  got one for his son, post here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=85076.msg4111192#msg4111192

And here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=85076.msg4122076#msg4122076

Came in today and the Tactics measurements are pretty accurate.
Width is 8.5 in the middle but a hair larger at the front truck around 8.6
Wheelbase is just under 14” ( around 13.8 )
All other measurements are correct.
I got a IV in the stack so nice and mellow.
Again, Mexico for me being in the US.
I’ll post a pic in the setup thread once I get a chance to get everything together.

Cesarr4e

• Rep: 10
  • Cash money vagrant
« Reply #2316 on: December 15, 2023, 12:05:04 PM »
Guys, I know that this might have been discussed before, but with the recent woodshop changes at DLX, I'm looking for alternatives. I exclusively ride the dreamer shape: 8.38 / 32.25 / 14.5. I live in Spain, so I know that the majority of DLX boards will be china pressed from now on here. Can you guys tell me which BBS pressed brands have this shape. I know that Baker have some, but do you guys have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Cash money vagrant

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2317 on: December 15, 2023, 02:07:28 PM »
Guys, I know that this might have been discussed before, but with the recent woodshop changes at DLX, I'm looking for alternatives. I exclusively ride the dreamer shape: 8.38 / 32.25 / 14.5. I live in Spain, so I know that the majority of DLX boards will be china pressed from now on here. Can you guys tell me which BBS pressed brands have this shape. I know that Baker have some, but do you guys have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Sure can.

This is the board I have skated a lot of, so as per past posts, that exact same size is also used for current boards from DGK, Baker, Deathwish, with boards from Birdhouse, Element, Heroin also being those same dimensions on BBS wood, but you might want to check them before buying, just in case the shape has changed or the woodshop has changed, as per some I have seen and skated.  Even DGK come to think of it, which some people had China boards there too.

At least the Baker Boys Dist boards were all BBS, but some places round the world might have started to get other boards.

There were more but right this minute I can't think of any others that really stand out.  The main 8.38 board that most other companies use from BBS is a shorter 14.38 wb with 32 length, so although not too different, it does feel a bit smaller overall, when compared to the usual DLX Dreamer and others as per list above.

I have only read the info on here in this thread and the DLX to China thread, but it seems like people don't find them too different, so maybe even just check them out when they come in and see how you go.  Funny I say that, because I am the biggest stickler for things I am used to and you could say I am a bit unsure how I feel about the other boards, but people who have them say they are good and feel like decent boards, so I am hoping I get to try one soon enough and go from there.

Kaydubbb

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2318 on: December 17, 2023, 07:21:26 PM »
This deck is an old Real 8.18 low pro, loved the shape and haven't ridden a DLX board in a while, are they still making shapes like this? If not, what brands are doing the pointier tapered shapes?

Imgur link because slap won't let me post a pic for some reason, hope it's not too much of a pain in the ass.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2319 on: December 17, 2023, 11:43:33 PM »
Baker is pretty nose pointy depending on the size
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2320 on: December 18, 2023, 02:15:29 AM »
This deck is an old Real 8.18 low pro, loved the shape and haven't ridden a DLX board in a while, are they still making shapes like this? If not, what brands are doing the pointier tapered shapes?

Imgur link because slap won't let me post a pic for some reason, hope it's not too much of a pain in the ass.

So there are still a lot of shapes that have been around for a while, but they don't make the specific Low Pro concave / construction boards anymore.

For starters, you will not want any Full or Full SE type boards as they are a little more rounded.

Most of the other normal shapes have pretty normal kicks, which are very much like that old 8.18 board, same as boards I have exactly like that one from back in the day.

Really depends on the size or dimensions you are after, but going by that 8.18 board that was 31.8 with 14.38 wb, the closest from DLX now is the 8.125 x 32 with 14.25 wb, which is the same as the AH black eagle, but they have quite a number of other DLX boards on that shape.  Some listings will have it as 8.125 and others as 8.12 so you might need to check around - still the same shape though.

If you want smaller, the 8.06 is a good one, maybe not the usual 8.25 but then the 8.4 or 8.38 boards are still fairly pointy too.

As far as other brands, Baker does have the 8.125 x 31.5 with 14.25 wb, from the baker site listing of board shapes / sizes, but it is shorter than the DLX board.

https://bakerskateboards.com/pages/board-construction

https://www.tactics.com/baker/zach-barbed-wire-8125-skateboard-deck

As far as other BBS wood boards, similar to DLX, Baker, etc there are quite a few.  The Passport 8.125, Polar 8.125 and others are the same as the AH black eagle too.

https://www.tactics.com/polar-skate-co/brady-news-paper-8125-skateboard-deck/yellow

I am basing everything on you still riding as close to that size, so if you are on different or other sizes now, that would help.

Here is a top pic of the DLX 8.12 / 8.125 board, Krooked, but same as the AH black eagle board anyway:

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/team-style-812-skateboard-deck

rikki

• Rep: 284
« Reply #2321 on: December 18, 2023, 02:48:00 AM »
The Polar (BBS, not DLX of course, but still) 8.125 / 32 / 14.25 shape is awesome. And it's pretty similar shape-wise to the pic Kaydubb posted.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2322 on: December 18, 2023, 05:57:04 AM »
I hate that they changed the 8.5 true fit from 31.375 to 31.75.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2323 on: December 18, 2023, 10:04:28 AM »
That 8.18 looks a lot like the current 8.125 black eagle or the Sci Fi Fantasy 8.25 shape they've done recently. Frog's new 8.25 is the same as the Sci-Fi too

Kaydubbb

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2324 on: December 18, 2023, 01:54:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So there are still a lot of shapes that have been around for a while, but they don't make the specific Low Pro concave / construction boards anymore.

For starters, you will not want any Full or Full SE type boards as they are a little more rounded.

Most of the other normal shapes have pretty normal kicks, which are very much like that old 8.18 board, same as boards I have exactly like that one from back in the day.

Really depends on the size or dimensions you are after, but going by that 8.18 board that was 31.8 with 14.38 wb, the closest from DLX now is the 8.125 x 32 with 14.25 wb, which is the same as the AH black eagle, but they have quite a number of other DLX boards on that shape.  Some listings will have it as 8.125 and others as 8.12 so you might need to check around - still the same shape though.

If you want smaller, the 8.06 is a good one, maybe not the usual 8.25 but then the 8.4 or 8.38 boards are still fairly pointy too.

As far as other brands, Baker does have the 8.125 x 31.5 with 14.25 wb, from the baker site listing of board shapes / sizes, but it is shorter than the DLX board.

https://bakerskateboards.com/pages/board-construction

https://www.tactics.com/baker/zach-barbed-wire-8125-skateboard-deck

As far as other BBS wood boards, similar to DLX, Baker, etc there are quite a few.  The Passport 8.125, Polar 8.125 and others are the same as the AH black eagle too.

https://www.tactics.com/polar-skate-co/brady-news-paper-8125-skateboard-deck/yellow

I am basing everything on you still riding as close to that size, so if you are on different or other sizes now, that would help.

Here is a top pic of the DLX 8.12 / 8.125 board, Krooked, but same as the AH black eagle board anyway:

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/team-style-812-skateboard-deck

Cheers for the info man, I recently decided to get back into skating cos my 7 year old is showing an interest, recently picked up the quasi 8.625 that I was walking to you about that gap between trucks and deck, but it just feels too big. Jumped back on my old smaller boards and it just felt right. Then I dug out this old low pro and remembered how much I loved it. Would probably want something similar in dims and shape now except in maybe 8.25ish.

Side note, is your store online? If so, I'd love to check it out.

Cesarr4e

• Rep: 10
  • Cash money vagrant
« Reply #2325 on: December 18, 2023, 02:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]

Sure can.

This is the board I have skated a lot of, so as per past posts, that exact same size is also used for current boards from DGK, Baker, Deathwish, with boards from Birdhouse, Element, Heroin also being those same dimensions on BBS wood, but you might want to check them before buying, just in case the shape has changed or the woodshop has changed, as per some I have seen and skated.  Even DGK come to think of it, which some people had China boards there too.

At least the Baker Boys Dist boards were all BBS, but some places round the world might have started to get other boards.

There were more but right this minute I can't think of any others that really stand out.  The main 8.38 board that most other companies use from BBS is a shorter 14.38 wb with 32 length, so although not too different, it does feel a bit smaller overall, when compared to the usual DLX Dreamer and others as per list above.

I have only read the info on here in this thread and the DLX to China thread, but it seems like people don't find them too different, so maybe even just check them out when they come in and see how you go.  Funny I say that, because I am the biggest stickler for things I am used to and you could say I am a bit unsure how I feel about the other boards, but people who have them say they are good and feel like decent boards, so I am hoping I get to try one soon enough and go from there.

Hey Mr Brimson!! Thank you very much for your detailed response!! I did not know about DGK using that same shape. I'll look that up! And yes, I imagine that the new DLX china boards might not be that different, but, tbh, I just like to ride the same wood and woodshop I've been riding for the past two years, so I think I'll pass on that and will stick to the dreamer bbs shape. I'll definetily check Baker and Deathwish, even tho they are more expensive, I just want to feel at home when I'm skating. For now I'll be stacking bbs dreamers that I can find online xd.

Greetings from Spain!!
Cash money vagrant

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2326 on: December 18, 2023, 02:47:52 PM »

I never noticed that.  Do you have one and measured it, or somewhere has it listed as longer?

Looking back at the first info, it is 31.35 and the latest catalog from AH (Summer) and current Real (Fall) has it at 31.35 so has it changed somewhere else?  Maybe a misprint somewhere, eg 31.35 could be seen as 31.75 if someone put in measurements incorrectly on a shop site.

There is a Krooked board on Tactics with the old measurements at the moment:

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/flowers-emboss-85-true-fit-shape-skateboard-deck/orange

SIZE   8.5
LENGTH (IN):   31.35
WHEELBASE (IN):   13.75
NOSE (IN):   6.9

I wonder if the other shapes and sizes have slightly different dimensions, eg I did see the Manderson was changed to the Tru Fit dimensions for one run, but is now back on the normal size it was when it first came out, 8.38 x 32 with 14.25 wb.

Curious to hear more info.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 03:00:25 PM by Mbrimson88 »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2327 on: December 18, 2023, 02:53:55 PM »

Cheers for the info man, I recently decided to get back into skating cos my 7 year old is showing an interest, recently picked up the quasi 8.625 that I was walking to you about that gap between trucks and deck, but it just feels too big. Jumped back on my old smaller boards and it just felt right. Then I dug out this old low pro and remembered how much I loved it. Would probably want something similar in dims and shape now except in maybe 8.25ish.

Side note, is your store online? If so, I'd love to check it out.

Easy.

I am in Brisbane, Australia and although I have worked for various shops and places, right now I help out with an indoor skatepark and volunteer type deal, which also has a skate shop associated with it, so no online presence, only for people I know / who come in to skate there really.

There are a million awesome shops out there though, even here locally, as well as all over, but I like to get on here and help out as well - keeps me busy and happy, you could say.

Most of the 8.25 boards from other BBS brands are more pointy, have shorter shapes and wheelbases which might be well suited to what you want, or even other brands on different woodshops, so I guess being able to go in somewhere and stand on boards or at least look at them should help a whole lot, way more so than trying to figure stuff out and order online.

Most 8.25 boards are about 14.25 or so for wheelbase and although some are over 32 long, most are just under, eg 31.8 or so is fairly common.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2328 on: December 18, 2023, 03:02:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I never noticed that.  Do you have one and measured it, or somewhere has it listed as longer?

Looking back at the first info, it is 31.35 and the latest catalog from AH (Summer) and current Real (Fall) has it at 31.35 so has it changed somewhere else?  Maybe a misprint somewhere, eg 31.35 could be seen as 31.75 if someone put in measurements incorrectly on a shop site.

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/flowers-emboss-85-true-fit-shape-skateboard-deck/orange

SIZE   8.5

I wonder if the other shapes and sizes have slightly different dimensions, eg I did see the Manderson was changed to the Tru Fit dimensions for one run, but is now back on the normal size it was when it first came out, 8.38 x 32 with 14.25 wb.

I had the True Fit Eagle deck and the sticker said 31.375.

I stood on the Grant Taylor Pigeon True Fit deck and the sticker said 31.75.

I hope it’s just a sticker misprint. The Pigeon still did feel shorter.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2329 on: December 18, 2023, 03:07:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

SIZE   8.5

[close]

Got it.

Did the Grant Pigeon board have a "Tru Fit" sticker on it?

I have not seen either ever, I don't know any more than the catalog listings and what people post on here, but I thought the Grant Pigeon was a different shape entirely - a one off shorter board but not an actual Tru Fit shape.

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/fall-2023

The last AH board that was the 8.5 Tru Fit was the Daan fried brain board from Summer 23, at least that was in the catalog. First on the left.

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/summer-2023/

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2330 on: December 18, 2023, 03:13:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Check up the top of this page, as the Pigeon board with its own dimension sticker and info is definitely different to the Tru Fit boards, as per post and info from @Richard Skidder

* Sorry for so many posts, just easier than adding on to the other one.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2331 on: December 18, 2023, 03:22:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Check up the top of this page, as the Pigeon board with its own dimension sticker and info is definitely different to the Tru Fit boards, as per post and info from @Richard Skidder

* Sorry for so many posts, just easier than adding on to the other one.

Could be it’s the 8.38 and they misprinted the shape on the sticker.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2332 on: December 18, 2023, 04:10:56 PM »
the true fit 8.5 was never 31.75

the 8.5 shape with 14wb came out with the 8.75/14.25wb
forgot what they call it though
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Phao Lo

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2333 on: December 18, 2023, 04:52:29 PM »

Shape is called Mis-Registered.

LewFarrell

• Rep: 140
« Reply #2334 on: December 18, 2023, 06:29:23 PM »

It's called the 8.5 Short, has the orange sticker.

As opposed to the True Fit 8.5 with the foil sticker.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2335 on: December 18, 2023, 07:04:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So the BBS DLX boards made it to you, or were they pics from websites?

I was going to ask but didn't want to seem too impatient.

If you do have them, how much difference is there between the AH 8.5 Short and the DLX Tru Fit 8.5 boards?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2336 on: December 18, 2023, 07:21:01 PM »
Ah gotcha. Thank God the True Fit 31.375 hasn’t changed.

LewFarrell

• Rep: 140
« Reply #2337 on: December 18, 2023, 07:38:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

If you do have them, how much difference is there between the AH 8.5 Short and the DLX Tru Fit 8.5 boards?

Don’t have them yet, just stole from a shop with good pics! DLX has kept me updated, they are sending them to the Canadian distro then on to me so who knows when they will arrive. Thankfully I have a grip of 8.5 True Fits to hold me over. I've personally never skated the 8.5 Short so I will post how it measures up when I get it.

Richard Skidder

« Reply #2338 on: December 19, 2023, 06:26:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Don’t have them yet, just stole from a shop with good pics! DLX has kept me updated, they are sending them to the Canadian distro then on to me so who knows when they will arrive. Thankfully I have a grip of 8.5 True Fits to hold me over. I've personally never skated the 8.5 Short so I will post how it measures up when I get it.

Another thing to note about the 8.5 short is it tapers towards the tail.
Front truck: 8.6
Dead center: 8.5
Back truck: 8.38

I remeasured the wheelbase now that it’s mounted and I’m getting 14” just like the sticker says.

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #2339 on: December 22, 2023, 04:29:36 PM »
Anyone seen the 8.12x31.3x14 shape they were running a few years ago?  I had a Bobby Worrest Krooked in that shape and it was the best I’ve ever skated. Looks like all the 8.12 shapes for DLX now are 32 long with 14.25 wheelbase.