Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 233544 times)

Kaydubbb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #2340 on: December 22, 2023, 06:01:40 PM »
Anyone seen the 8.12x31.3x14 shape they were running a few years ago?  I had a Bobby Worrest Krooked in that shape and it was the best I’ve ever skated. Looks like all the 8.12 shapes for DLX now are 32 long with 14.25 wheelbase.

Primite 8.125 shape is probably closest, 31.625 x 14

Phao Lo

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2341 on: December 22, 2023, 06:39:04 PM »
Anyone seen the 8.12x31.3x14 shape they were running a few years ago?  I had a Bobby Worrest Krooked in that shape and it was the best I’ve ever skated. Looks like all the 8.12 shapes for DLX now are 32 long with 14.25 wheelbase.

The red Real oval 8.12 has those dimensions

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #2342 on: December 23, 2023, 08:48:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The red Real oval 8.12 has those dimensions

Oh shit somehow I missed that on the Real site. Thanks. Also looking into that Primitive shape. My local has one but it’s the GNR collab so it’s $80 for a deck and I’m not about to pay that.

Cesspool86

• Rep: 60
« Reply #2343 on: December 26, 2023, 04:12:00 PM »
I

got this real tropical dream from orchard skate shop and there's no top stamp and no made in Mexico sticker.  Also I had this graphic a few times maybe two years ago?  Is this a Chinese made board? Not bummed if it is. Feels crispy

YMCMB

• Rep: 50
« Reply #2344 on: December 26, 2023, 04:52:37 PM »
I

got this real tropical dream from orchard skate shop and there's no top stamp and no made in Mexico sticker.  Also I had this graphic a few times maybe two years ago?  Is this a Chinese made board? Not bummed if it is. Feels crispy
It says made in mexico on the sticker in the second pic.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #2345 on: December 26, 2023, 05:20:45 PM »
I

Look again. It clearly states “Made in Mexico” on the sticker.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Cesspool86

« Reply #2346 on: December 27, 2023, 05:23:03 AM »
Expand Quote
I

[close]

Haha my bad guys! Thanks!

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2347 on: December 27, 2023, 05:56:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I

[close]

[close]

Those special boards in that single series (new shapes) were from a while back with almost a normal length but shorter wheelbases / longer kicks, three sizes 8.0 8.25 and 8.5 if I recall correctly.

They brought out another run of those same shapes with a longer weird graphic not too long ago.

I just don't have time / access right this minute, nor have I seen any in person, but they were the normal BBS wood, R1 construction / concave and really good boards, from information from others.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Cesspool86

« Reply #2348 on: December 28, 2023, 10:24:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I

[close]

[close]

[close]

Those special boards in that single series (new shapes) were from a while back with almost a normal length but shorter wheelbases / longer kicks, three sizes 8.0 8.25 and 8.5 if I recall correctly.

They brought out another run of those same shapes with a longer weird graphic not too long ago.

I just don't have time / access right this minute, nor have I seen any in person, but they were the normal BBS wood, R1 construction / concave and really good boards, from information from others.

Nice good looking out. I think I had the weird graphic one you're talking about (scanner something? The one I had was purple). The other homies enlightened me that I didn't read the top sticker where it clearly says made in Mexico haha.  I think I stopped reading after the skate within your own abilities and was also looking for those cool new holographic bbs stickers they put on stuff recently.  But now that I think about it does dlx stuff have that holographic bbs sticker? In any effect if I had read the sticker my question would have been answered about where it came from.  Thanks to all of you for helping a brother out.  While we are here, this board is the "dream shape" which it seems is a bit longer than the "true fit".  Do y'all know any other obvious differences? I think I like thile dream shape better than the true fit...

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2349 on: December 31, 2023, 06:19:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice good looking out. I think I had the weird graphic one you're talking about (scanner something? The one I had was purple). The other homies enlightened me that I didn't read the top sticker where it clearly says made in Mexico haha.  I think I stopped reading after the skate within your own abilities and was also looking for those cool new holographic bbs stickers they put on stuff recently.  But now that I think about it does dlx stuff have that holographic bbs sticker? In any effect if I had read the sticker my question would have been answered about where it came from.  Thanks to all of you for helping a brother out.  While we are here, this board is the "dream shape" which it seems is a bit longer than the "true fit".  Do y'all know any other obvious differences? I think I like thile dream shape better than the true fit...

Re "Scanner" graphic, yes that is the one.

Also interesting if they had listed those as the Dream shape, as that is the same board out now, 8.25 comix graphic for Ishod which I didn't know was that same board from the floral / tropical and scanner graphic series.

I wonder if they are keeping it over the other sizes - thought there was 8, 8.25 and 8.5 boards, but again I am a bit out of touch right this minute, without regular internet / my usual access.

Micki Free

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2350 on: January 01, 2024, 07:59:24 AM »
Looks like Ben D is helping design shapes for real now, per his nine club interview. Itll be interesting to see what they come up with.

https://youtu.be/NV1yRnyohbM?si=vkckjGqO2agqYwks

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 256
« Reply #2351 on: January 01, 2024, 09:05:07 AM »
Weird question, but I'm curious is anyone knows why most of the 8.62/8.625 boards produced out of BBS and PS (regardless of brand) have longer wheelbases than their 8.75 counterparts.

I put this in the DLX thread because I've skated a fair number of their 8.62s and am currently setting up a There 8.62. Just something that I noticed. They feel so wildly different from the 8.5 or 8.75 versions. I assume there are other reasons (taper, shape, etc), but the wheelbase difference—and that it's consistent across BBS and PS 8.62/8.625s stuck out to me.

It also seems like there is only one set of dims for most 8.62/8.625s. At least I haven't seen many variations.
8.62X32.5x14.75. Maybe it's just such an odd width that there isn't much demand and companies can throw in their longer wheelbase board on a model that doesn't interfere with more popular widths like 8.5 and 8.75?

DLX 8.62 - 14.75
DLX 8.75 - 14.5

Quasi PS 8.625 - 14.75
Quasi PS 8.75 - 14.5

Anyway, something to chew on. Maybe I've been chewing too long.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2352 on: January 01, 2024, 02:30:35 PM »
Weird question, but I'm curious is anyone knows why most of the 8.62/8.625 boards produced out of BBS and PS (regardless of brand) have longer wheelbases than their 8.75 counterparts.

I put this in the DLX thread because I've skated a fair number of their 8.62s and am currently setting up a There 8.62. Just something that I noticed. They feel so wildly different from the 8.5 or 8.75 versions. I assume there are other reasons (taper, shape, etc), but the wheelbase difference—and that it's consistent across BBS and PS 8.62/8.625s stuck out to me.

It also seems like there is only one set of dims for most 8.62/8.625s. At least I haven't seen many variations.
8.62X32.5x14.75. Maybe it's just such an odd width that there isn't much demand and companies can throw in their longer wheelbase board on a model that doesn't interfere with more popular widths like 8.5 and 8.75?

DLX 8.62 - 14.75
DLX 8.75 - 14.5

Quasi PS 8.625 - 14.75
Quasi PS 8.75 - 14.5

There was a really good post by someone about this earlier, but I am not about to go looking right this minute.

They offset longer and shorter boards as they go through the widths, so if someone wants a longer board around 8.6 to 8.7 width, they can go with the 8.625.

Standard DLX boards

8.125 shorter wb
8.25 medium
8.28 shorter
8.38 longer wb
8.5 shorter (blue eagle)
8.5 medium
8.6 longer
8.75 medium
9.0 longer

* That is not even close to all the shape options either.

As of more recent shapes, they do also have the Cardiel Hella 8.6 which is shorter, as well as the 8.75 AH short which is only 14.25 wb with 31.8 length as well, but occasionally bring out the 8.5 longer wb 14.75 (a bit rare) and some other ones from a while back.

I have definitely heard some people ask why they can't get a certain other size board in shorter / longer, for which I don't have an answer, but the Tru Fit boards are way shorter, as well as some of the other shapes now coming out, so when is it too much?

Any which way, I think there will always be someone who wants a different size / shape than what is currently out, which is a normal thing, not a problem at all.

Compared to the BBS Generator board shapes, which do gradually go up in width, length and wheelbase, which is a very generic rise, some of the other brands are bringing out shorter boards overall, some longer, some with very distinct shapes and sizes, but I think as the trend in shorter boards and shorter wheelbases continue, there will be others coming out as well, eg a 9 that is way closer to an 8.5 in all other dimensions, rather than the orange eagle with 33+ length and 15 wb.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #2353 on: January 01, 2024, 05:24:27 PM »
Expand Quote

DLX 8.62 - 14.75
DLX 8.75 - 14.5

Quasi PS 8.625 - 14.75
Quasi PS 8.75 - 14.5

[close]

There was a really good post by someone about this earlier, but I am not about to go looking right this minute.

They offset longer and shorter boards as they go through the widths, so if someone wants a longer board around 8.6 to 8.7 width, they can go with the 8.625.

Standard DLX boards

8.125 shorter wb
8.25 medium
8.28 shorter
8.38 longer wb
8.5 shorter (blue eagle)
8.5 medium
8.6 longer
8.75 medium
9.0 longer

* That is not even close to all the shape options either.

As of more recent shapes, they do also have the Cardiel Hella 8.6 which is shorter, as well as the 8.75 AH short which is only 14.25 wb with 31.8 length as well, but occasionally bring out the 8.5 longer wb 14.75 (a bit rare) and some other ones from a while back.

I have definitely heard some people ask why they can't get a certain other size board in shorter / longer, for which I don't have an answer, but the Tru Fit boards are way shorter, as well as some of the other shapes now coming out, so when is it too much?

Any which way, I think there will always be someone who wants a different size / shape than what is currently out, which is a normal thing, not a problem at all.

Compared to the BBS Generator board shapes, which do gradually go up in width, length and wheelbase, which is a very generic rise, some of the other brands are bringing out shorter boards overall, some longer, some with very distinct shapes and sizes, but I think as the trend in shorter boards and shorter wheelbases continue, there will be others coming out as well, eg a 9 that is way closer to an 8.5 in all other dimensions, rather than the orange eagle with 33+ length and 15 wb.

Thank you! I am always grateful for your detailed responses. I’ve been following this thread for a while since most of the popsicles I ride are DLX (or Quasi) and it’s a lot of fun following all the variations and changes. I do really like the 8.62x32.5x14.75 so hopefully they keep them coming!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2354 on: January 06, 2024, 02:31:09 PM »

Thought this could go here as well.

Expand Quote
The new Ishod series is out, including the 8.75".
[close]
Where?

Tactics has them up.

No pics on the listing, but you don't need a pic when you know it is a twin.

https://www.tactics.com/real/ishod-cat-scratch-875-twin-tail-shape-skateboard-deck

SPECS
SIZE   8.75
LENGTH (IN):   32.61
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.68
NOSE (IN):   6.8
TAIL (IN):   6.8

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2355 on: January 06, 2024, 04:36:51 PM »
We haven’t done this in a while, and lots of new-ish DLX shapes out now (e.g. true fits), so…

What is everyone’s favorite (top 3?) DLX shapes?

Mine:
1. 8.25/14.38
2. 8.75/14.62
3. 8.38/14.5

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #2356 on: January 06, 2024, 04:58:29 PM »
My three favorites:

Huffer shape
8.62/Cream Eagle
Worrest/Ishod 8.3 twin tail

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
« Reply #2357 on: January 06, 2024, 05:04:45 PM »
My three favorites:

Huffer shape
8.62/Cream Eagle

Goof fucking taste. I'd go with the 8.5" twin myself but otherwise... yes.

And the Genius shape with wheels wells for Crusin'

ps. new Huffer is out.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • sup dog
« Reply #2358 on: January 06, 2024, 05:06:43 PM »
We haven’t done this in a while, and lots of new-ish DLX shapes out now (e.g. true fits), so…

What is everyone’s favorite (top 3?) DLX shapes?

Mine:
1. 8.25/14.38
2. 8.75/14.62
3. 8.38/14.5
Well. I haven’t tried anything else.

OOO
      OOO
      OOO
OOOOOOOO
   OOOOOO
     OOOO
       OO
        O
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 05:16:58 PM by JM »
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #2359 on: January 06, 2024, 05:18:58 PM »
Expand Quote
My three favorites:

Huffer shape
8.62/Cream Eagle
[close]

Goof fucking taste. I'd go with the 8.5" twin myself but otherwise... yes.

And the Genius shape with wheels wells for Crusin'

ps. new Huffer is out.

I’d gnar if I could!

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2360 on: January 06, 2024, 06:46:18 PM »
8.28/14.1/31.7
8.06/14.38/31.8
8.12/14.25/32

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 182
« Reply #2361 on: January 08, 2024, 03:10:07 AM »
8.28/14.1/31.7
8.06/14.38/31.8
8.12/14.25/32

Seems like the 8.06/14.38 dlx shape is one of the least appreciated shapes out there since it dropped. Surprised to see it on one of these lists   

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • sup dog
« Reply #2362 on: January 08, 2024, 06:22:41 AM »
Expand Quote
8.28/14.1/31.7
8.06/14.38/31.8
8.12/14.25/32
[close]

Seems like the 8.06/14.38 dlx shape is one of the least appreciated shapes out there since it dropped. Surprised to see it on one of these lists
You shouldn’t be surprised: 8.06 with that little longer wheelbase than normal 8’s with 14” or 14.25” is awesome.

It’s a great trick board, but you can still comfortably ride transition. I’d still be rocking it if I hadn’t discovered the joys of rolling around on a wider board that hugs my feet like a vicious dominatrix that beats you, but that is also quite warm and compassionate when you get to know her.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2363 on: January 08, 2024, 06:52:08 AM »

It’s ALWAYS the one you see on-line shops trying to unload for cheap.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • ow
« Reply #2364 on: January 08, 2024, 07:14:52 AM »
My current favorites:

True Fit: 8.5 x 31.35; 13.75" WB
Yinzer shape: 8.55 x 31.62; 14.12" WB
Flyer Slick: 8.75 x x 31.5; 14.25" WB

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #2365 on: January 08, 2024, 07:56:00 AM »
this thread reminds me to look for a yinzer and an 8.06, flat ones.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2366 on: January 08, 2024, 09:27:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
8.28/14.1/31.7
8.06/14.38/31.8
8.12/14.25/32
[close]

[close]
You shouldn’t be surprised: 8.06 with that little longer wheelbase than normal 8’s with 14” or 14.25” is awesome.

It’s a great trick board, but you can still comfortably ride transition. I’d still be rocking it if I hadn’t discovered the joys of rolling around on a wider board that hugs my feet like a vicious dominatrix that beats you, but that is also quite warm and compassionate when you get to know her.
the 8.06/14.38 was my goto for so long, but the 8.28 shape over all feels a bit better for 3 flips and things like that.
sometimes i had to really work for them on the skinnier longer feeling board. plus i wanted to move up to 148's for the height.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
« Reply #2367 on: January 09, 2024, 08:54:42 AM »

Bunch of Yinzers just dropped.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #2368 on: January 09, 2024, 08:39:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bunch of Yinzers just dropped.

glad they still make it. he was the perfect addition to anti-hero. i thought there was gonna be so much more, but his skating is rad.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2369 on: January 11, 2024, 09:15:03 AM »
Been hard to find the FULL SE 8.25 x 14.25 x 32 - would the 14.38 WB from 14.25 mess me up you think?