Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1231617 times)

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #5460 on: June 13, 2019, 08:59:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes it does. Its way more interesting hearing little truck gang anecdotes than how baseplate thickness influences wheelbase.

Venture kids vs Indy kids. Let's fight.
[close]

As long as we can all agree that Ace's suck I'm on board.
[close]

i really like my destructos

This is sick, I see you with the subliminal message. Thunder guy myself, considering the switch to Venture.

Just like stirring the shit
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Vintagebody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #5461 on: June 13, 2019, 09:11:35 AM »
Venture suck. Thunder is the best, f the rest. Grind King is the bestest. Shalom

sneakpeekmeek

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5462 on: June 13, 2019, 09:50:10 AM »
Yes it does. Its way more interesting hearing little truck gang anecdotes than how baseplate thickness influences wheelbase.

Venture kids vs Indy kids. Let's fight.

lmao perhaps i was thinking in terms of how much it can turn before you get wheelbite, but go on

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 132
« Reply #5463 on: June 13, 2019, 11:09:24 AM »
the kingpin is at the same angle but a couple of more MM foward. The baseplate as a whole is more foward. I cruise more comfortable with the forged. Manuel better with the standard.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #5464 on: June 13, 2019, 12:50:52 PM »
the kingpin is at the same angle but a couple of more MM foward. The baseplate as a whole is more foward. I cruise more comfortable with the forged. Manuel better with the standard.

That's interesting, and kind of fucked. Again that's not on account of the baseplate thickness but being yoked out because of where the mounting holes are.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5465 on: June 13, 2019, 01:15:50 PM »
I'm liking this....this thread has lacked some serious venture talk.....

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #5466 on: June 13, 2019, 01:42:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's interesting, and kind of fucked. Again that's not on account of the baseplate thickness but being yoked out because of where the mounting holes are.

This pic confuses me for some reason on some Escher shit.

But am interested in this

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #5467 on: June 13, 2019, 02:02:32 PM »
That shit all looks the same to me.

Fifty8mm

« Reply #5468 on: June 13, 2019, 02:25:06 PM »

better picture.
they both ride fine but I had re-adjust going back to cast, were as going from cast to forged I did not have to adjust. just tighten a little since I'm riding 58s on em.

Edit: they both turn fine. surprised they do but I get a ton of wheelbite since I'm riding 58s. I wheelbite with any truck riding 58s.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 02:36:55 PM by Fifty8mm »

ballintoohard

« Reply #5469 on: June 13, 2019, 02:41:57 PM »
Every single dude at my local who was all about Indy is now on Venture. I then drive to Atlas and every dude there and all the locals that came by the shop were on Venture as well. Venture is somehow blowing up. I dunno what their marketing is, but it seems to be working.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5470 on: June 13, 2019, 02:43:39 PM »
Every single dude at my local who was all about Indy is now on Venture. I then drive to Atlas and every dude there and all the locals that came by the shop were on Venture as well. Venture is somehow blowing up. I dunno what their marketing is, but it seems to be working.

DLX. There’s a reason they’ve been around so long
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5471 on: June 13, 2019, 02:59:59 PM »

I don't think Indy's recent edits over the last year have done them too many favours. Even some 9-Club guests were roasting how whack they are (Shimizu or Yansura? Can't remember). Couple that with the juggalo-like antics that someone else pointed out in the Rip Ride thread... it makes sense. Venture/Thunder have a pretty unfuckwithable pedigree, and DLX don't mind casting a wide net with their appeal rather than just "Indy. Hell Ride...*smashes a bottle.*"

I mean, would you rather watch Evan Smith ramble about 'fuck the rest' or Bobby slay Pulaski for 5 straight minutes.   

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5472 on: June 13, 2019, 10:26:17 PM »

better picture.
they both ride fine but I had re-adjust going back to cast, were as going from cast to forged I did not have to adjust. just tighten a little since I'm riding 58s on em.

Edit: they both turn fine. surprised they do but I get a ton of wheelbite since I'm riding 58s. I wheelbite with any truck riding 58s.

Which do you like better?
I wonder if the lo is like this....
I have some 5.8s, cast. I was surprised with how light they felt. Turn was slower, not bad. I’m just a wimp and have a hard time skating 8.5 trucks. They seemed a little narrower than 149s. In my head maybe

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #5473 on: June 13, 2019, 10:38:17 PM »
There's no difference between a lo and hi venture baseplate same baseplates on both so definitely same deal with the wb

Dustwardprez

« Reply #5474 on: June 13, 2019, 11:59:17 PM »
That shit all looks the same to me.

Lol. Right.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #5475 on: June 14, 2019, 04:54:44 AM »
There's no difference between a lo and hi venture baseplate same baseplates on both so definitely same deal with the wb

Yeah, it is all in the hangers.

Fifty8mm

« Reply #5476 on: June 14, 2019, 06:44:17 AM »
Expand Quote

better picture.

[close]

Which do you like better?
I wonder if the lo is like this....
I have some 5.8s, cast. I was surprised with how light they felt. Turn was slower, not bad. I’m just a wimp and have a hard time skating 8.5 trucks. They seemed a little narrower than 149s. In my head maybe

prefer forged even though wheelbite occurs more.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #5477 on: June 14, 2019, 10:15:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s what I think too.
The central kingpin may make the difference minimal though.

Yeah, it is all in the hangers.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #5478 on: June 14, 2019, 11:05:09 AM »

better picture.

The kingpin and bolt holes look the same to me. It’s just that the baseplate is longer one way or another on each one. That’s not going to affect wheelbase or turning 🤷‍♂️

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #5479 on: June 14, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »
You could set them both on a deck, next to each other with bolts through the holes and then bump a ruler into the kingpins which will help magnify the difference and make it easier to see.

Fifty8mm

« Reply #5480 on: June 14, 2019, 03:33:04 PM »
last ones I promise.
I just think to see the difference in the kingpin you have to have them both on hand

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5481 on: June 14, 2019, 04:55:43 PM »
Just scooped the Worrest Ventures. 5.8. Been on Thunders for like 10 years, siting them up once my current deck dies

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #5482 on: June 14, 2019, 05:44:25 PM »
That little extra V is cute.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5483 on: June 14, 2019, 07:04:54 PM »
last ones I promise.
I just think to see the difference in the kingpin you have to have them both on hand

For sure the forged plates would extend the wheelbase more than the cast, that's a pretty definitive pic. Definitely on account of a redesign rather than just the thinness of the baseplate itself. Very interesting, Indy and Thunder forged plates are still line with the cast plates as far as wheelbase goes.

I do remember that chart that was floating around on some dude's blog, he said the forged Ventures extended further than the cast, but provided no pictures so I thought it was horseshit. But I was wrong, much obliged for the photo comparisons.

skatefresh

• Rep: 21
« Reply #5484 on: June 15, 2019, 06:56:51 AM »
I ordered a set of venture 5.25 lows as curiosity got the better of me.. I'll report back once I skate them. If i hate them, throwing the 5.25 highs back on.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #5485 on: June 15, 2019, 11:42:19 AM »
Ok, I can see the difference. Weird. I don’t think it matters though, if it’s a design difference or a defect. All I know is that I have v lights on one board and raws on another, and I don’t notice a difference.

Fifty8mm

« Reply #5486 on: June 15, 2019, 01:09:19 PM »
Ok, I can see the difference. Weird. I don’t think it matters though, if it’s a design difference or a defect. All I know is that I have v lights on one board and raws on another, and I don’t notice a difference.

i have two sets of forged and two sets of cast. same thing as well.

I could feel it a bit. With the forged I feel like i could rest my back foot on the tail more and be more careless in my foot positioning. but I threw on the cast plates and if i get too comfortable my front wheels start to pick up.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1189
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5487 on: June 15, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »
I ordered a set of venture 5.25 lows as curiosity got the better of me.. I'll report back once I skate them. If i hate them, throwing the 5.25 highs back on.

They’re a great truck, just wish there was a little more kingpin clearance.

I just ordered the new 5.6’s because I’m mentally ill and am trying to fill the empty void which once contained my soul with new trucks that I don’t need.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

skatefresh

• Rep: 21
« Reply #5488 on: June 15, 2019, 03:48:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just ordered the new 5.6’s because I’m mentally ill and am trying to fill the empty void which once contained my soul with new trucks that I don’t need.
I've been skating the 5.25 highs for the past year and half or so. The regular ones and the v lights. I love them, but I am curious if the lows would make fliptricks a bit easier with less ghost pop. The last lows I had were thunders 11 years ago. The damn kingpin stuck out above the hangar.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5489 on: June 16, 2019, 01:09:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

True true

Me too