Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 765558 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2730 on: January 26, 2021, 02:40:50 PM »
Between the 440 His and that new Westgate shoe, NB is really doing things right. I almost wish I didn't have so many shoes stocked up so I could finally try a pair...

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2731 on: January 26, 2021, 02:58:00 PM »
cupsole with foy toecap panel, they look sick. 508 represent

Second Division

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #2732 on: January 26, 2021, 03:46:07 PM »

Nm 508 aka Westgate New pro model

Will this mean the end of the 913? Honestly, one of my favorite shoes I've skated in recent years. The thing will not break down.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2733 on: January 26, 2021, 05:04:33 PM »

Sort of looks like a beefed up 533
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2734 on: January 26, 2021, 05:10:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah it really does

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2735 on: January 26, 2021, 06:27:26 PM »

where did you find these? They're so sick

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #2736 on: January 26, 2021, 08:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These look like a slimmed down 533 in my eyes, maybe it's the 288 sole being more contoured that's throwing me?
Super Champion Fun Zone

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2737 on: January 26, 2021, 10:50:47 PM »
Whatever they are, I like them. Looks nice.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

eSK3

« Reply #2738 on: January 27, 2021, 01:34:22 AM »

My area code, thanks westgate for keeping it real. Will be getting every color.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #2739 on: January 27, 2021, 02:24:18 AM »
They used that 288 sole, Westgate has a ton of footage with the 288 and seems to love it.
The upper seems like a mix of 533 and 306 pannels.
Too bad there is so much mesh exposed in the collar, which will probably lead to fast destruction by heelflippers

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2740 on: January 27, 2021, 02:42:42 AM »
They used that 288 sole, Westgate has a ton of footage with the 288 and seems to love it.
Too bad there is so much mesh exposed in the collar, which will probably lead to fast destruction by heelflippers

That’s what the main problem with the OG 533’s. The heel collar would blow up quick and the foam would come off. Sometimes I has to duct tape it or try to glue the seams back in. I wouldn’t take our the foam since if I did, I would have no padding at all.

It was just a hassle to deal with it. Obviously fixed with the 533 V2.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2741 on: January 27, 2021, 02:56:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s what the main problem with the OG 533’s. The heel collar would blow up quick and the foam would come off. Sometimes I has to duct tape it or try to glue the seams back in. I wouldn’t take our the foam since if I did, I would have no padding at all.

It was just a hassle to deal with it. Obviously fixed with the 533 V2.

Same story for me, and this is what prevents me from trying the 440s because almost all colorways have mesh on the collar

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2742 on: January 27, 2021, 03:39:58 AM »
Design flaws like that on shoes designed for skateboarding will continue to mystify me.

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #2743 on: January 27, 2021, 09:49:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was holding out for the 440hi to go on sale but now it's just not even anywhere in my size. When does the next colorway come out?
[close]

There's a white leather with green trim coming out next month or March. Jack Curtain previewed them a few months back on his Instagram.
[close]

Stoked to hear that, anyone have an image? I'd buy the 440 high again and again as long as NB comes with that buttery full grain and tough-yet-flexible mesh upper again.
[close]

Here ya go!

[close]

All I could ask for and more with that gum outsole, thanks for the screenshot dude!
[close]

Oh man those 440 his look so nice. Will consider when they drop in March.

@rothdigga I saw a leak of the regular 440s in all white with a gum sole, can you provide any deets on when that's coming out?
[close]

pretty sure these are the ones you’re talking about, they’re coming out next month on skate shop day and are gonna be limited so gotta get them quick
edit:5th slide

http://www.instagram.com/p/CKVOBmcFVYa/?igshid=1vixwt9xxx3cm
[close]

FYI- those Skate Shop Shoe Day shoes are legit limited, not just "limited" for the sake of saying that.  We put them in maybe 60-70 doors across the US and it's in-store only.  No NB.com direct sales or anything like that.  The idea was to get people to shop directly at shops for this product.
[close]

Ah shit, no Canadian shops are receiving them? Bummer if true.

I do have this shoe slated for Canada so there is a limited quantity making it up north. 

dunc

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2744 on: January 27, 2021, 01:27:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was holding out for the 440hi to go on sale but now it's just not even anywhere in my size. When does the next colorway come out?
[close]

There's a white leather with green trim coming out next month or March. Jack Curtain previewed them a few months back on his Instagram.
[close]

Stoked to hear that, anyone have an image? I'd buy the 440 high again and again as long as NB comes with that buttery full grain and tough-yet-flexible mesh upper again.
[close]

Here ya go!

[close]

All I could ask for and more with that gum outsole, thanks for the screenshot dude!
[close]

@rothdigga I saw a leak of the regular 440s in all white with a gum sole, can you provide any deets on when that's coming out?
[close]

pretty sure these are the ones you’re talking about, they’re coming out next month on skate shop day and are gonna be limited so gotta get them quick

[close]

FYI- those Skate Shop Shoe Day shoes are legit limited, not just "limited" for the sake of saying that.  We put them in maybe 60-70 doors across the US and it's in-store only.  No NB.com direct sales or anything like that.  The idea was to get people to shop directly at shops for this product.
[close]

[close]

I do have this shoe slated for Canada so there is a limited quantity making it up north.

Roth why no 440 colourways ever make it to New Zealand? (you may not know but it's worth a try). Love that shoe but hard to find. Also so glad the 288 sole is back.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #2745 on: January 27, 2021, 01:29:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Here ya go!

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Awesome, thank you and thanks @pointandclick !

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Fhk

« Reply #2747 on: January 31, 2021, 04:48:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My area code, thanks westgate for keeping it real. Will be getting every color.
508 is where it's at  :)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2748 on: January 31, 2021, 10:13:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Will this mean the end of the 913? Honestly, one of my favorite shoes I've skated in recent years. The thing will not break down.
Hopefully not, it makes sense at least to me to have a more tech shoe and a "simpler" one. But why do I care? We can't find NB# here </3
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

clint

« Reply #2749 on: January 31, 2021, 10:40:41 AM »
Anyone else have probs with the 212? The front and outermost eyelets absolutely eat shoelaces. I don't normally break laces and I went through 3 in the first couple sessions. I do not find the soles to be very comfortable. Outside of these issues, they are generally a decent, lightweight shoe - but I don't think I would buy them again.

I wrote a review on the New Balance site but it didn't get published.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKpc43BBvco/?igshid=bdbdy6ods40x

topfrog10

« Reply #2750 on: January 31, 2021, 03:59:54 PM »

Really hoping these don't have the inside ankle cushioning that the 440s and all coasts 574 have. I don't know what it is about it, but I absolutely can't stand it on a shoe and it prevented me from sending it on both of those. Should these not have that, I will most definitely be interested.

In A Jar

• just say null avatar image
« Reply #2751 on: January 31, 2021, 05:13:30 PM »
Anyone else have probs with the 212? The front and outermost eyelets absolutely eat shoelaces. I don't normally break laces and I went through 3 in the first couple sessions. I do not find the soles to be very comfortable. Outside of these issues, they are generally a decent, lightweight shoe - but I don't think I would buy them again.

I personally like the shoe more when the lowest lace breaks and gives my toes a bit more room.  But a little shoe goo on the lace before you skate them will prevent the break from happening. 

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2752 on: February 01, 2021, 09:38:54 AM »

I love the 212 and yes it costs laces but whatever. I just found some on sale with the rubber toe cap- that was my favorite version. Black and white also. Although, that new color way looks lovely. Anyway, 212 with a Remind Medic insole and that's my shoe when I'm not too tempted by halfcabs and rowans.

z_tx

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2753 on: February 02, 2021, 05:49:13 PM »
any idea when the new westgates come out?

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #2754 on: February 02, 2021, 06:01:15 PM »
Must be soon, a couple of my local shops had them in the online store for about 24 hours then took them down. I'm assuming NB forgot to tell retailers not to release them until x date, locally NB Numeric is not handled well in my experience.

Apparently they're already released in Denmark? Click the link for some more pics and info
https://www.lobby-skateshop.de/produkt/new-balance-numeric-508-westgate-white-grey/

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2755 on: February 02, 2021, 06:39:09 PM »
Must be soon, a couple of my local shops had them in the online store for about 24 hours then took them down. I'm assuming NB forgot to tell retailers not to release them until x date, locally NB Numeric is not handled well in my experience.

Apparently they're already released in Denmark? Click the link for some more pics and info
https://www.lobby-skateshop.de/produkt/new-balance-numeric-508-westgate-white-grey/
I don’t know how I feel about the exposed foam tongue on them. Doesn’t look good, like on the blazers and stuff.

Other than that, great looking shoe and toe area.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2756 on: February 02, 2021, 06:44:11 PM »

Is just me or same thing happened with 1010? They were available sooner in Denmark i believe.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2757 on: February 03, 2021, 12:10:56 AM »
It's on the euro site

Also here's another color

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #2758 on: February 03, 2021, 12:22:39 AM »
I think this may be a possible replacement for PJ, since the 533 is (sadly) being phased out.
They look good in this other color!
Super Champion Fun Zone

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2759 on: February 03, 2021, 10:14:34 AM »
Anyone who has skated both the 440s and the 1010s able to comment on how much puffier the latter is?